Bring4th

Full Version: What does Ra mean by "Will"?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've often seen Ra pair "will and faith" together. Since we just had a lovely thread on faith, I thought it would be interesting to explore the notion of "will".

Here's the quote I was thinking about, RA is speaking of the archetypes and the goal of their study:

"We have been, with the questioner's aid, investigating the concept complexes of the great architecture of the archetypal mind. To more clearly grasp the nature, the process, and the purpose of archetypes, Ra provided a series of concept complexes . In no way whatsoever should we, as humble messengers of the One Infinite Creator, wish to place before the consideration of any mind/body/spirit complex which seeks its evolution the palest tint of the idea that these images are anything but a resource for working in the area of the development of the faith and the will." (Book IV, p. 194)

This part is just beautiful, so I thought I'd add it as it comes right after the above quote..."May we ask the student to look up from inward working to behold the glory, the might, the majesty, the mystery, and the peace of oneness. Let no consideration of bird or beast, darkness or light, shape or shadow keep any which seeks from the central consideration of unity." Sigh...nicely put Ra...Heart

I'm thinking this is what Ra had in mind by "FAITH" (the deep recognition of oneness--as some of you pointed out in the other thread).

So I'd really like to hear all your thoughts on the possibilities for the meaning of WILL--any ideas?

Good question. Will is bringing ones consciousness to bear on something. Since everything is part of one thought, that's a lot to chew on.
This triggered a memory of reading Carlos Castaneda. His mentor Don Juan often urged him to "be ruthless." That took me awhile to get it, because I associated ruthless behavior with bad guys. I believe he meant hold to a goal with a concentrated focus and let nothing dissuade you from attaining it. This seems a lot like what having a determined will means.
I loved how Q'uo described the will - that powerful faculty that moves all of the creation, to reach for that which may come through the gateway of intelligent infinity...
The focus of your attention potentiated by intent..
Thanks!! I had some thoughts related to the archetypes--if it doesn't resonate, please let it go. I'm just trying to work things out and understand them better.

Here are my thoughts: In traditional decks, the Matrix of Mind is given the title of Magician and the Potentiator of Mind is the Priestess. RA’s information on dynamism (force/form polarity) seems at first to contradict this if it is assumed that the Magician, or tool user, is active and the Priestess is negative or passive. However, RA’s information gives us that it is the Priestess that is the dynamic force, the current the Priest or Magician would be able to direct or use to become enlightened. The Magician, like the Priest, may have all the knowledge to effect change in the world (or within himself), but without the “current,” he has no “power” to make anything move.

Taking Ra’s information on the relative dynamism of the two archetypes as correct, the Magician is the “form,” the static element, while the Priestess carries the electrical current, or power, which the Magician directs through conscious knowledge. No Priest touches the divine without his Priestess (whether she be an actual partner or his well-developed feminine half). This would also imply that in a relationship between a man and a woman, it is the drive of the woman which potentiates and enlivens man mentally—she feeds his imagination and makes him more than the sum of his conscious parts. This is evidenced throughout history where one finds the Greek hetaera, the Japanese geisha, or the French courtesan. In fact, RA states, “the Matrix of the Mind is attracted to the biological male and the Potentiator of the Mind to the biological female. Thusly in energy transfer the female is able to potentiate that which may be within the conscious mind of the male so that it may feel enspirited.”

i believe this relativity of dynamism is also present within an individual. Each individual will eventually balance itself, becoming both “masculine” and “feminine”—or rather, each individual will eventually run as a self-perpetuating machine. The Will, or conscious mind, will direct and harness the pure power and energy of the sea of the unconscious within the individual. Evidence for this may be found in the world where many may be said to be out of balance regardless of biological gender. The individual at the mercy of emotion, instinct, intuition (the unconscious) cannot manage to bring any of its projects to fruition. That energy is like so much water poured out onto a table: it runs off on all sides and eventually evaporates. Without the Will, the conscious, to apply wisdom (or restraint), the water has no shape and cannot build up enough of itself to be used in any productive way. The great dams of the world are like the Will, the conscious, which restricts the flow of the water in order to harness its power. However, an over-abundance of Will, or conscious mind, leaves an individual without the ability to create from within itself; it is brittle and redundant, only repeating that which was generated by the genius of others without variation. It can achieve a high degree of seeming perfection in a variety of areas, but all its works lack the spark that marks the creations of genius—genius being that touch of the muse, the subconscious. When the numinous flows through a work—art, music, literature—it potentiates others as well.

Any thoughts?
I've only studied the concepts somewhat, but it sounds like you're on the right track. The will is essentially the work of the spirit. Those who are balanced and centered upon contributing towards wholeness will carry a more effective charge so to speak. As you say, integration of opposites helps with this. Ra refers to the effectiveness of the will as the protection that white magic engenders.

If the Matrix of the Mind is consciousness, which is form, I wouldn't label the magician as the form itself, but that which uses the will of the spirit (which seems to be the Potentiator) to create changes in the form. The Potentiator of the Body regulates this desire to manifest transformation. Something as simple as building a chair is molding consciousness. It's important to stress that while we focus on the inner-work a lot which is required of course, we're basically here to actively create positive change. I don't think it's said enough..we get stuck in the mind. There are those who aren't necessarily advanced spiritually, but are doing a lot of great things. We need to be active. Start some sort of local discussion group, participate in helping your local community, become more self-sufficient and learn practical skills..inspire others as you say. We all have ideas of ways we can help..make them happen. When one taps the individual desire to create something unique, you definitely feel the creative force flowing through you. I wouldn't equate not creating anything unique personally as an over-abundance of will however. I see creating as simply participating with higher principles, which occurs both on the individual and collective level.

"All birds are indeed intended to suggest that just as the Matrix figure, the Magician, cannot act without reaching its winged spirit, so neither can the spirit fly lest it be released into conscious manifestation and fructified thereby." It's best to be active.
(02-02-2012, 01:17 AM)zenmaster Wrote: [ -> ]Good question. Will is bringing ones consciousness to bear on something. Since everything is part of one thought, that's a lot to chew on.

Each distortion (of the original Thougt) is an 'act of will' then?

Distortions are transcended when one moves from being 'embedded in/the effect of' those distortions to seeing them as an implementation of 'willing'. Willing in the direction of realisation of Unity- the original Thought. The will now has an active role in or in relation to those distortions. (?)

But what did you mean by "Will is bringing ones consciousness to bear on something" ?

(02-03-2012, 01:52 PM)Icaro Wrote: [ -> ]I see creating as simply participating with higher principles, which occurs both on the individual and collective level.

On the collective level..any 'political' thought around this point? Anything currently out there that you can point to? As a tangent to this, it's interesting to note how 'institutionalising' higher values provides context/direction to lower valuing, e.g the green movement marshalling the will of those working with individuality/achievist contexts in a way that echoing of green valuing heightened, creating a pull to those levels.

I liked these:

(02-03-2012, 01:52 PM)Icaro Wrote: [ -> ]Something as simple as building a chair is molding consciousness.
(02-03-2012, 01:52 PM)Icaro Wrote: [ -> ]When one taps the individual desire to create something unique, you definitely feel the creative force flowing through you.

"All birds are indeed intended to suggest that just as the Matrix figure, the Magician, cannot act without reaching its winged spirit, so neither can the spirit fly lest it be released into conscious manifestation and fructified thereby." It's best to be active.

(02-26-2012, 07:07 PM)Ens Entium Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-02-2012, 01:17 AM)zenmaster Wrote: [ -> ]Good question. Will is bringing ones consciousness to bear on something. Since everything is part of one thought, that's a lot to chew on.

Each distortion (of the original Thougt) is an 'act of will' then?

Distortions are transcended when one moves from being 'embedded in/the effect of' those distortions to seeing them as an implementation of 'willing'. Willing in the direction of realisation of Unity- the original Thought. The will now has an active role in or in relation to those distortions. (?)

But what did you mean by "Will is bringing ones consciousness to bear on something" ?
It's a conscious, active application of your beingness. As far as I can tell, that is the principle of 'logos'. You are necessarily the 'logos' for others and others for you. Predeterminism is you subject to other's will, free-will is your will being applied consciously (which is your right, but rarely used).

3DMonkey

(02-26-2012, 08:19 PM)zenmaster Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-26-2012, 07:07 PM)Ens Entium Wrote: [ -> ]But what did you mean by "Will is bringing ones consciousness to bear on something" ?
It's a conscious, active application of your beingness. As far as I can tell, that is the principle of 'logos'. You are necessarily the 'logos' for others and others for you. Predeterminism is you subject to other's will, free-will is your will being applied consciously (which is your right, but rarely used).

Rarely? That saddens me, but it is probably true.
(02-26-2012, 08:58 PM)3DMonkey Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-26-2012, 08:19 PM)zenmaster Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-26-2012, 07:07 PM)Ens Entium Wrote: [ -> ]But what did you mean by "Will is bringing ones consciousness to bear on something" ?
Rarely? That saddens me, but it is probably true.
Why would it sadden you?

3DMonkey

I consciously chose to be saddened by it.
(02-26-2012, 09:23 PM)3DMonkey Wrote: [ -> ]I consciously chose to be saddened by it.

Because it lacks hope and optimism. Hope and optimism are the opposite of sad; they are enjoyable.
But I think you asked the question be you prefer a "conscious application" to eliminate "sad". The irony is that you could use conscious will to believe it is used frequently.
(02-26-2012, 09:23 PM)3DMonkey Wrote: [ -> ]Because it lacks hope and optimism.
Not really. We need the extra time in order to compare ourselves to others. If everyone took responsibility there would be no point in these types of discussions (or hope and optimism for that matter).

Ra said this on the subject:
Quote:10.12 Questioner: Then although many entities are not consciously aware of it, what they really desire is to accelerate their growth, and it is their job to discover this while they are incarnate. Is it correct that they can accelerate their growth much more while in the third density than in between incarnations of this density?

Ra: I am Ra. This is correct. We shall attempt to speak upon this concept.

The Law of One has as one of its primal distortions the free will distortion, thus each entity is free to accept, reject, or ignore the mind/body/spirit complexes about it and ignore the creation itself. There are many among your social memory complex distortion who, at this time/space, engage daily, as you would put it, in the working upon the Law of One in one of its primal distortions; that is, the ways of love. However, if this same entity, being biased from the depths of its mind/body/spirit complex towards love/light, were then to accept the responsibility for each moment of the time/space accumulation of present moments available to it, such an entity can empower its progress in much the same way as we described the empowering of the call of your social complex distortion to the Confederation.
zenmaster Wrote:It's a conscious, active application of your beingness. As far as I can tell, that is the principle of 'logos'. You are necessarily the 'logos' for others and others for you.

We have, from session 13:

Ra Wrote:Awareness led to the focus of infinity into infinite energy. You have called this by various vibrational sound complexes, the most common to your ears being “Logos” or “Love.” The Creator is the focusing of infinity as an aware or conscious principle called by us as closely as we can create understanding/learning in your language, intelligent infinity.

Ra distinguishes two interacting principles, Intelligent Infinity and the focus of this Infinity into Intelligent Energy. He later distinguishes this concept of Intelligent Infinity as being different from the concept of Intelligent Infinity prior to this act of focusing. In other words, we have:

0. (no distortion) - Infinity Is.
1. Free-will - Infinity becomes aware and is thus called Intelligent Infinity.
2. Logos - Intelligent Infinity identifies within itself a potential (second usage of Intelligent Infinity) and an energy (Intelligent Energy) and focuses this potential into energy.
3. Light - All of Creation bursts forth from this act.

Given this interpretation of Session 13 (I recommend reading and rereading this session for those who have trouble with the 3 Primal Distortions of that Law of One -- also, the "cosmology" category in lawofone.info brings in extra quotations from other sessions), it appears that the Logos may be smoothly identified with the ancient principles of Yin and Yang. Abstrktion has mentioned these principles, but her preferred names are "Form" and "Force" (respectively). Either way, Intelligent Infinity is the Yang principle and Intelligent Energy is the Yin principle. Intelligent Infinity is the aspect of the Creator which calls forth an experience, and Intelligent Energy is that receptive matrix into which the call resonates, impregnates and ultimately germinates into the experience called forth by Intelligent Infinity.

Will and faith can be seen as having associations with Yin and Yang: Will is of Yang and faith is of Yin.

Faith embraces quietly and cheerfully the Creation that is and it chooses to see that all of experience is exactly what is needed. Faith demands a quiet mind and an open heart.

Will calls forth the Creation. Will projects out into the Energy field the kind of experience that is desired. Will can be seen in a number of different ways. First, there is will without focus. This can barely be called will, for it is impotent. The supreme virtue of the Magician is focus. Among will that is focused, there is True Yang (heavenly Yang) and False Yang (Earthly Yang). False Yang is a will that lacks purity. Without purity, what is willed does not serve in any consistent way and therefore lacks power. True Yang is the will of the Heavens. It is the deepest desire of the True self and always comes from a place of high vibration.

Faith, will, purity. These are the three most important virtues of the adept. In order to work on these virtues, contemplate 1. your willingness to trust that all is well, that everything you experience is exactly what you need and what you want, 2. your ability to focus without distraction, and 3. whether your love is universal, balanced and unwavering.

3DMonkey

(02-26-2012, 09:44 PM)zenmaster Wrote: [ -> ]
Not really. We need the extra time in order to compare ourselves to others.

We need time in order to say "rarely used"??
(02-26-2012, 11:27 PM)3DMonkey Wrote: [ -> ]
Implied in the hope concept is a future and that implies the duration to exercise that optimism.

On the subject of the thread, I remember reading another thread entitled something along the lines of "Scientific Proof of the Law of One" and remember thinking 'what, science is proving all is one?' Nope, it was just some article that someone interpreted as lending credence to something mentioned in one of the Ra Material Q/A's.

3DMonkey

(02-26-2012, 11:31 PM)zenmaster Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-26-2012, 11:27 PM)3DMonkey Wrote: [ -> ]
Implied in the hope concept is a future and that implies the duration to exercise that optimism.

Which creates a happy feeling now, versus a lack of future or any duration to be happy for the now that exists.
What is is. What has or lacks optimism is only you in your perspective of what is. If most do not use their creative powers very often (and they do not), this is simply how it is. The presence of optimism is only in your vision of whether this is well and right. If you are optimistic, it is perfectly okay that most of the world chooses slavery most of the time. Time is infinite. They'll keep having the opportunity to choose freedom. If you are not optimistic, then this is not okay. Nevertheless, this is how it is.

3DMonkey

(02-27-2012, 12:20 AM)JustLikeYou Wrote: [ -> ]What is is. What has or lacks optimism is only you in your perspective of what is. If most do not use their creative powers very often (and they do not), this is simply how it is. The presence of optimism is only in your vision of whether this is well and right. If you are optimistic, it is perfectly okay that most of the world chooses slavery most of the time. Time is infinite. They'll keep having the opportunity to choose freedom. If you are not optimistic, then this is not okay. Nevertheless, this is how it is.

I like "what is is". Every time we think That what we think is what the world is, the world slaps us in the face and says "nope, wrong".
(02-26-2012, 07:07 PM)Ens Entium Wrote: [ -> ]On the collective level..any 'political' thought around this point? Anything currently out there that you can point to? As a tangent to this, it's interesting to note how 'institutionalising' higher values provides context/direction to lower valuing, e.g the green movement marshalling the will of those working with individuality/achievist contexts in a way that echoing of green valuing heightened, creating a pull to those levels.

For example, are you referring to attempts at over-regulating the organic movement? As far as political and social opinions go, it seems the only thing needed is spreading the idea of universal acceptance of others. I can't say that I really have the answer on how to change structures in order to move forward, other than the need of others to recognize our similarities. It's impossible to bring others to conscious realization of the self's relationship to society, so it's something that must be processed internally through reflection. We can only highlight how conditions are created in a collective fashion, and we therefore have a responsibility towards those conditions.

It was said that fifth-density negative sees the creation as "that which shall be put in order."

There's also this..

Quote:"The societal and self interactions most often concentrate upon the second and third energy centers. Thus those most active in attempting to remake or alter the society are those working from feelings of being correct personally or of having answers which will put power in a more correct configuration. This may be seen to be of a full travel from negative to positive in orientation. Either will activate these energy ray centers.

There are some few whose desires to aid society are of a green ray nature or above. These entities, however, are few due to the understanding, may we say, of fourth ray that universal love freely given is more to be desired than principalities or even the rearrangement of peoples or political structures."

Most people believe they have the answers, including those who are upset with the 'system' and are making all sorts of demands. Belief is structure (order), which is always referenced from the self as being right (personal wisdom). If you think about your progression in consciousness, it always required a release of belief and giving in to the true nature of things. Catalyst always points to our beliefs being false, and makes a mess of our order. We eventually grow weary of the repetitive information as Ra says, and open the heart. Order gives way to acceptance, which is feeling/being.

You can never make another feel what they aren't ready for though. What stifles progression is a lack of asking the right questions. So rather than attempting to verbalize how someone should feel, a good approach seems to suggest avenues of reflection which may help see a situation in a better light.
(02-03-2012, 01:52 PM)Icaro Wrote: [ -> ]If the Matrix of the Mind is consciousness, which is form, I wouldn't label the magician as the form itself, but that which uses the will of the spirit (which seems to be the Potentiator) to create changes in the form. The Potentiator of the Body regulates this desire to manifest transformation. Something as simple as building a chair is molding consciousness. It's important to stress that while we focus on the inner-work a lot which is required of course, we're basically here to actively create positive change. I don't think it's said enough..we get stuck in the mind. There are those who aren't necessarily advanced spiritually, but are doing a lot of great things. We need to be active. Start some sort of local discussion group, participate in helping your local community, become more self-sufficient and learn practical skills..inspire others as you say. We all have ideas of ways we can help..make them happen.

I was re-reading this thread and was really struck by this again. I think we decided to be here in the physical realm in order to "ground" spirit and lift physicality through the agency of the Mind, to bring the upper to the lower and the lower to the upper ("as above so below" is an intention, not just a maxim expressing the fact that the microcosm reflects the macrocosm).

The winged creatures make me think of the Winged Bulls in the British Museum--a man's head on a bull's body with wings. It speaks to our triple nature in Mind, Body, Spirit. http://www.britishmuseum.org/explore/hig..._bull.aspx
my understanding of Will is closely related to Magik.

it is knowing the Mind, and being able to use it as a resource.

much like a pianist that has programmed their fingers with agility and memory, a Mind that has been programmed by Will is able to set their consciousness to a task, and see it fulfilled.

- -

a deficient Will is full of fantasies and longings, envy and discontent.

a powerful Will sees the fullness in each moment, and the pregnancy in each Thought.
(04-10-2012, 10:19 AM)plenum Wrote: [ -> ]a deficient Will is full of fantasies and longings, envy and discontent.

a powerful Will sees the fullness in each moment, and the pregnancy in each Thought.

I really like this--we exercise our Will on OURSELVES, not on others, the environment, etc. I think it does actually come down to self-discipline...which relates to growing up and out of "desire" and "attachment to outcome".

Ultimately, we must outgrow "desire", not overcome it. We just need some self-discipline in the mean time. Things just can't matter so much to us...

More excerpts from the Cosmic Doctrine...which I think resonates beautifully with the Ra Material and seems relevant to this topic (I've underlined the relevant parts, but these parts needed a little intro--so please bear with the length--and as always, please ignore this if it doesn't resonate; I don't mean to propose my truth as The Truth BigSmile):

"The Fourth Death...Sleep is a miniature death just as death is the major sleep, and a knowledge of the naure of sleep assists to eplain death...In sleep the physical plane is dissociated from the other planes, and the soul thus freed receives no longer the impressions coming through the five gates of the senses and we say 'it sleeps and is passive;' but the Individuality wakes and is active. In waking life the Individuality sleeps, and in sleeping the Individuality wakes. This is the rule for the majority; but there comes a time in the evolution of some when the Personality is capable of being used by the Individuality to express itself.

"During the waking life of the body, the Individuality is intent upon translating into its own terms of abstraction the concrete impressions flowing into the lower soul. When it is no longer thus inturned it becomes objective upon its own plane and beholds the 'face of the Father.' It then measures itself by the Divine standard and makes adjustments as are within its power; but the adjustments of the spirit are aeonial and are measured by the span of Heaven.

" During sleep the little-evolved soul may not, however, sink into oblivion, but, being much concerned with the unsatisfied desires of the flesh, may continue to function in relation to the thought-forms begotten of these desires. It then dreams derived from unsatisfied passions and the urge of the instincts. The Individuality is not freed, and instead of beholding the 'face of the Father which is in Heaven' beholds the reversed image of the human form and thereby develops in its likeness. The Individuality, being unable to function on its own plane, makes no growth and remains unevolved; and the Personality becomes an exaggerated caricature of itself. From this it can be freed only by the Third Death, thereby enabling the Individuality to assert itself, but if the Third Death be incomplete the lower soul will continue to dream on teh astral plane. This leads us to the question of the Fifth Death.
(**The Personality is the "I" we are for one lifetime; the Individuality is the combined "I" of our own evolution--all of our lifetimes distilled, all the Personalities refined and perfected.
**The Third Death is the meditation done that extracts abstract concepts and truths from concrete experience.)

The Fifth Death is the death of the Personality. The Personality, when withdrawn by death from the body, yet continues to live and to function as a Personality, and the man is in no wise changed and still 'answers to the name he bore in the flesh.' In the Lower Hells he burns with desire until the possibilities of desire are burnt out. Desire then remains only as an abstract idea and is part of the Individuality. He then dies to the lower desires and continues to live in the higher desires.

"These in their turn he learns to be finite and mortal; he finds them to constitute barriers between himself and his Father Whose face he would behold, and he desires to escape them. He would no longer love with the personal love which loves a person, but with the higher manifestation of love which itself is Love and loves no person or thing but is a state of consciousness in which all is embraced. He then seeks freedom from the lesser love, and it is this desire for release from that which though good is finite in order to realize the good that is infinite which causes the Fifth Death and he is born into consciousness of the Individuality, and lives upon the plane of the Individuality, perceiving the 'face of his Father Which is in Heaven.

"But with the waking of desire come again the dreams, and with the dreams comes the recall into matter. The Spirit, beholding the face of its Father until consciousness is weary with Its brightness, closes its eyes and sleeps; and sleeping, it dreams of its unfulfilled desires and so it is born again, for upon the plane of desire a state of consciousness is a place, and as we desire, so are we reborn. Thus each man makes his own karma.

"It may be asked, how then is it that men make for themselves suffering and limitations which they could not desire? It is because they reap not the fruits of fantasy, but the fruits of actuality. They are given the results of that which they have permitted themselves to desire, not the thing they desire. To exemplify--the man who desired power would obtain vanity. To obtain power he would have to desire the qualities which confer power, namely, strength, foresight, and wisdom. The man who desires power builds for himself the consciousness of the vain egotist. The man who desires strength, foresight, and wisdom, builds for himself the consciousness of power." (pages 120-122)

So the Will is what is applied to the Personality so that it may become a better vehicle for expressing the Individuality and through that, return us to the One. BigSmileHeart
(02-02-2012, 12:42 AM)abstrktion Wrote: [ -> ]So I'd really like to hear all your thoughts on the possibilities for the meaning of WILL--any ideas?

This has already been discussed here: Faith or Will

And I've already expressed my understanding/interpretation that both faith and will are intrinsically related (if not, in essence, one and the same).

(02-02-2012, 12:42 AM)abstrktion Wrote: [ -> ]So I'd really like to hear all your thoughts on the possibilities for the meaning of WILL--any ideas?

Here, Ra describes "Will" as "Pure Desire"

Quote:85.19 Questioner: I would like to carry that on to find out what specific functions of the mind were most effectual and the three or four most effective changes brought about to create the polarization.

Ra: I am Ra. This is an interesting query. The primary veiling was of such significance that it may be seen to be analogous to the mantling of the Earth over all the jewels within the Earth’s crust; whereas previously all facets of the Creator were consciously known. After the veiling, almost no facets of the Creator were known to the mind. Almost all was buried beneath the veil.

If one were to attempt to list those functions of mind most significant in that they might be of aid in polarization, one would need to begin with the faculty of visioning, envisioning, or far-seeing. Without the veil the mind was not caught in your illusory time. With the veil space/time is the only obvious possibility for experience.

Also upon the list of significant veiled functions of the mind would be that of dreaming. The so-called dreaming contains a great deal which, if made available to the conscious mind and used, shall aid it in polarization to a great extent.

The third function of the mind which is significant and which has been veiled is that of the knowing of the body. The knowledge of and control over the body, having been lost to a great extent in the veiling process, is thusly lost from the experience of the seeker. Its knowledge before the veiling is of small use. Its knowledge after the veiling, and in the face of what is now a dense illusion of separation of body complex from mind complex, is quite significant.

Perhaps the most important and significant function that occurred due to the veiling of the mind from itself is not in itself a function of mind but rather is a product of the potential created by this veiling. This is the faculty of will or pure desire.

We may ask for brief queries at this time. Although there is energy remaining for this working, we are reluctant to continue this contact, experiencing continual variations due to pain flares, as you call this distortion. Although we are unaware of any misgiven material we are aware that there have been several points during which our channel was less than optimal. This instrument is most faithful but we do not wish to misuse this instrument. Please query as you will.
(02-28-2012, 11:51 AM)abstrktion Wrote: [ -> ]I was re-reading this thread and was really struck by this again. I think we decided to be here in the physical realm in order to "ground" spirit and lift physicality through the agency of the Mind, to bring the upper to the lower and the lower to the upper ("as above so below" is an intention, not just a maxim expressing the fact that the microcosm reflects the macrocosm).

The winged creatures make me think of the Winged Bulls in the British Museum--a man's head on a bull's body with wings. It speaks to our triple nature in Mind, Body, Spirit. http://www.britishmuseum.org/explore/hig..._bull.aspx

Sorry! I never saw this. I agree with your analogy of grounding the spirit. If we integrate the spirit to create changes in the form, the ground of being and its manifestation (which we could refer to as its body), is raised to a higher level. Because if we're to usher in a new reality, we have to create changes in how its outer manifestation functions. The body's movements, its actions, in other words its service, becomes an integral part in moving the collective body forward.

What's interesting is that I've had three dream contacts, and in the one I walked down a flight of steps to a doorway. I knew that it was the door to fourth density. When I opened it, there were three ET humans waiting there to greet me.

The interesting question is why would I symbolically be walking downward to a new reality, rather than ascending? I think it relates to the grounding concept you mentioned..returning down to the foundation of the "pyramid" to begin anew. Refinement of consciousness leading to the choice could symbolically be represented as building and moving upward on the pyramid that I describe here in post #6. This movement upwards is attainment of sight/wisdom/knowledge.

Below, the concept of applying understanding by way of putting it into motion, is to place one's self in a new foundation..represented as walking back down to the bottom of the pyramid. That's what I saw inwardly. Because any contact with violet will move into a new state of red. This transformation of form embodies more of the creation, it is a "return" to beingness, that solid foundation of everlasting rock just existing. So we are on a path backwards to reunite with spirit..which could explain the descent (this dream didn't occur during my awakening period by the way). Picture "integrating into unity", the application of understanding towards balance (greater states of beingness), as imprinting a pyramid back into the whole process with the foundation at the top pointing downwards, forming a merkaba. The higher into the lower as you put it..

Quote:However, we can only say the material for your understanding is the self: the mind/body/spirit complex. You have been given information upon healing, as you call this distortion. This information may be seen in a more general context as ways to understand the self. The understanding, experiencing, accepting, and merging of self with self and other-self, and finally with the Creator, is the path to the heart of self. [...] Without such a method of reversing the analytical process, one could not integrate into unity the many understandings gained in such seeking.

And here we see that once the choice is made, balancing interaction (movement) and refinement of service becomes essential..

Quote:The work that is accomplished in positive fourth is that work whereby the positive social memory complex, having, through slow stages, harmoniously integrated itself, goes forth to aid those of less positive orientation which seek their aid. Thus their service is their work and through this dynamic between the societal self and the other-self, which is the object of love, greater and greater intensities of understanding or compassion are attained.

And so, the spirit's use of the body to perform service seems to be significant. Here Ra speaks of the fourth density requirements for harvest into fifth..

Quote:The percentage of service-to-others of positively oriented entities will harmoniously approach 98% in intention. The qualifications for fifth density, however, involve understanding. This then, becomes the primary qualification for graduation from fourth to fifth density. To achieve this graduation the entity must be able to understand the actions, the movements, and the dance.