Bring4th

Full Version: Why are we here (at Bring4th)?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I've been pondering this question lately, and have been discussing it with some of my fellow forum members. Increasingly, there is a sense of ennui among many, who feel that a lot of the threads just rehash the same topics or address a topic until it has been beaten quite flat and then come back and roll over it a few more times. I know from my discussions that this sense of boredom has cost us some of my favorite members (some of whom have stopped posting, some have stopped visiting entirely, and some have even left and taken their posts and threads with them.)

I understand that, to some extent, this is the nature of forums and indeed even human nature. But it causes me to wonder if this need be the case here. It seemed to me, when I came here, that I came for a larger purpose than I am realizing. So I ask:

Do you feel that you are serving a purpose here at Bring4th (which I presume is true for each of us), and if so, what is it, and how well do you feel you are accomplishing your purpose? Is there something that could make this a more rewarding experience for you, or are you perfectly happy with the status quo (no pun intended)?

I anxiously await all comments.

Love and Light,

3D Sunset
I thank you for opening this thread, and want to give my humble point of view.

first of all I also regret anyone who is not actively participating here anymore.

Well, what is my purpose here? Frankly, I do not know, but what I know is that i enjoy reading and commenting along many threads - I also understand the point of view that the selection of topics might be considered too small for some and that some topics are litereally beaten down.

However I chose not to keep reading any topic i felt i had gotten enough input to so i did not feel things were beaten down since i simply did not feel attraccted to each dicussion in here.

I think what I love in here is the sharing of thoughts and emotions and insights (I love 3D's endless Ra quotes for example) - and hearing of new ideas and trying them out together - such as energy work and or the magnet thing - etc etc

I strongly feel that everyone needs to find out what he or she resonates with and in any case be open and tolerant - which so far I think everyone has been - some might feel more persuasive about some topics and the urgency to make their point of view clear - i think this is ok and the nature of a discussion - however it does not mean we need to share opinion on a matter if anyone did not feel so.

So I would love to see more group "experiments" and people making experiences together and share their findings with each other...HeartHeartHeart
Thanks, 3D, for asking these questions.

First, I'd like to acknowledge just how wonderful everyone here is, in the sense of being able to disagree respectfully. Having participated in other forums where people routinely call one another nasty names and are just generally obnoxious, I don't think everyone here realizes just how extraordinary a feat this is, that we've pulled off here! That alone is a huge accomplishment! To be a microcosmic model of harmony, here on our little forum, can ripple out to all the other forums on the planet, establishing a pattern. It's really beautiful!

Having said that, I will answer your question as a member and NOT as a moderator. I was very excited when this forum began, to finally be able to discuss the Law of One with others. I don't meet many people in my everyday life into the Law of One!

At first, there was very little participation. But, over the last few months, I've seen the forum grow into a community. I too am sad to have seen some key players just disappear (I hope they come back!), but, overall, our forum is still growing. A few months ago, we sometimes went for several days with no new posts. Now, there are always at least several threads with active discussions on any given day.

My main motivation is for us to help support one another in our application of the Law of One principles, as well as our understanding of the material itself. I think we're doing a pretty good job of the former. If I had to pick something I'd like to see improved, I would say that I'd love to see more participation of the latter.

For example, there is a huge wealth of info in the transcript archives. I haven't even read all of the transcripts - probably only a small percentage of them! I posted several threads with links to transcripts in the 'Sessions' sub-forum. I'd love to see more responses on those.

Those transcripts are invaluable! IMO, while the Law of One itself forms the foundation of principles, the Q'uo transcripts seem to offer practical advice on how to apply those principles. Each time I read one, I am absolutely blown away by the magnitude of the love, and the profundity of the advice!

I'm wondering which topics you think are being 'rehashed.' There are so many topics in the Law of One that we have never even discussed at all! Perhaps, whenever any of us feels that the forum has gotten boring, or that the topics are just rehash, what we might do is use that as an impetus to start a new thread on some fascinating topic in the Law of One that has not yet been discussed. Then, the rest of us, whenever we see that happen, make a point to participate. It's up to all of us to build this community into something that is of service.

ayadew

Hello, my friends.
To explain one individual cause of 3D's feeling around the forum, my lack of perticipation in relation to my early days here is simply because my current interests are elsewhere. I do not read every thread anymore, and have not done so for quite a while. This early active posting was closely knit to my great wish to learn more about the LOO, and currently I have enough of that endless wisdom for a while.
Discussing intellectual concepts is fine for a while, but I must learn to live as I teach too.

Perhaps some other people have felt such too. But we get new members, and thus new catalysts for change and openings for inspiration which is of infinite abundance.
All is well.
Maybe it’s the very nature of Wanderer’s to…wander. So many seem to bounce from one philosophy to another. Finding wisdom in this school of thought while gaining insight fom another at the same time. I find my attention drifting from time to time also. But, I’m not sure if I fit the classic Wanderer models either.

Richard
An adaptation of the famous Kennedy quote comes to mind:

"Think not what your forum can do for you, but what you can do for your forum!"
(07-28-2009, 11:02 AM)Bring4th_Monica Wrote: [ -> ]An adaptation of the famous Kennedy quote comes to mind:

"Think not what your forum can do for you, but what you can do for your forum!"

Not to quibble about your chosen scope here Monica, but ultimately I care not a wit about the forum. What I do care about is what the members of the forum can, and arguably should, do once they have realized their place in this cosmos.

Are we here to placate our transitory interests in drugs and rock and roll? To extol the virtues of homeopathy and organic vegetation? Is it beneficial to any non-transitory cause to explore the intricacies and implications of digital music on the intellectual property laws, or whether the RIAA is just a bunch of crooks that deserve whatever is coming to them?

Okay, now that I've likely offended most of our members, please hear me out a minute. Look at this forum. Look at the amazing diversity of backgrounds and strength of polarity that we have amassed here. Is there not some reason that we all chose to come here at this time? Is it really to discuss the topics we're discussing? I know that I will now be bombarded with rationalization and justifications for why these topics are important. But I just want to take a moment to be a voice in the wilderness.

Consider this: If you found a forum wherein you could speak to a group of the most powerful people on the planet. What would you talk about? The topics that have filled the forum? I suggest to everyone that reads this post that you are members of the most powerful group incarnate today. You are consciously aware of your own divinity and your place in the universe. You have the ability to do amazing things alone. But we also, as a collective, have the ability to do vastly more than any of us can do alone. Remember the power of squares?

I am simply taking this opportunity to point out that every member that we lose is the loss of a further doubling of this power. I grant and fully understand that the forum is not for everyone and that interests and attractions change over time. I merely ask if we are perhaps missing an opportunity that we pre-incarnatively created to take advantage of our self recognized divinity and contact with intelligent energy to accomplish greater things than we have yet imagined?

Okay, I'm off my soapbox now. Thank you for your time.

Love and Light,

3D Sunset

P.S. I encourage all of you, to whom my rant has remotely resonated to join with me in the Fire the Grid hour of meditation later today.
Actually, I agree with the essence of your point. As we near 2012, what's really important? Sometimes I feel a sense of urgency...so much to do in so little time. Perhaps inane discussions are distractions. Harmless, but distractions nonetheless.

How many of us focus on increasing the Harvest every minute of every day? Do we ever take any time off for recreation, going to a movie, etc.? Or do we spend every minute of every day meditating for world peace, smiling at the cashier, and sending love to everyone we meet?

I don't think any of us can really judge the value (or lack thereof) of these seemingly inane pastimes. What we can do is make a decision to do as much as we can while we're here...in our everyday lives and on the forum.

I'd love to see more serious discussions on how to send more Love/Light into the world and do our part to increase the Harvest.

Any suggestions on how to go about doing that?
I would in part say that seeing a thread keep to its topic is increasingly rare. the Monatomic Gold thread for instance.

I cannot really pinpoint why I don't like this, but I could say it makes me feel like my opinions don't count. I know that this it not the case, but the feeling resides, hence reduced activity. What is the point in saying anything when the subject can change at any given time?

This is a fundamental of why I use forums. Verbal discussion of such topics are so hard to maintain a flow. New ideas , trying to talk over eachother, not enough time to say all that you are thinking, or enough time to think about it and genuinely develop something constructive to say about it. With a forum, or e-mail for that matter, this time is certainly offered to you to forumlate your thoughts before putting them down on a thread. I must say that this time seems to not be used recently.

My first few forums (of various subject matter) where very stricly moderted, not to the point of David Wilcocks forum, where a moderator must approve your post, but staying on topic was a very important, and enforced rule.

Just call me an over-analytical, unemotional Aquarius.

Quote:Increasingly, there is a sense of ennui among many, who feel that a lot of the threads just rehash the same topics or address a topic until it has been beaten quite flat and then come back and roll over it a few more times.

Personally I find very few threads 'get to the point' to me the point is the find implications of certain ideas, how they affect other ideas. and where they can further onto. A disscussion of a concept serves little use to me personally, besides knowing the given opions of others about it, especially if that discussion contains nothing new. This may be where the 'stagnation' may be appearing.

Just a few thoughts, I am dishearted by my own lack of activity recently.

Love and Light
PS I will be present for FTG II
(07-28-2009, 01:14 PM)Sirius Wrote: [ -> ]What is the point in saying anything when the subject can change at any given time?
...My first few forums (of various subject matter) where very stricly moderted, not to the point of David Wilcocks forum, where a moderator must approve your post, but staying on topic was a very important, and enforced rule.

So you would like to see stricter moderating? Can you elaborate? For example, when a thread gets off-topic, would you like to see the mod gently remind everyone to stay on-topic? Or, stricter measures, such as deleting or separating the off-topic posts?

Every forum I've ever seen has threads getting off-topic. People just tend to do that. I've seen people complain about too much moderation (to the point of censorship) but have not before seen a request for more moderation. We try to always consider suggestions, in the ongoing effort of improving the efficiency and harmony of our forum. If you can offer clarification as to how and where to draw the line, that would be appreciated. Not everyone will be pleased, whether we moderate more or moderate less. All we can do is try to find a reasonable approach that will be acceptable to most members, and, more importantly, to our purpose in having the forum at all.

Thank you for your feedback!
interesting topic, of which i agree with many of the points of view expressed

i was a member of bring4th long before i started properly reading and posting on the forum. the reason i do now is that i find it to have almost a grounding effect in the busy-ness of life - 10 minutes reading a thread inbetween phone calls or work has a similar effect to going for a walk and taking a deep breath of fresh air. it just helps.

in terms of contributing to the forum, often i find that the responses already given to a post seem so complete that i find myself with litte to add. there is tremendous wisdom on this forum, and i am deeply appreciative of those of our members who take so much time and care over a carefully thought out and carefully constructed post that shares that conveys that wisdom in such accessible ways.

in terms of topics, i am drawn to discussions about people and their experiences, i'm less drawn to discussions about abstract concepts. i very much enjoy reading topics based on the transcripts - although i rarely reply to those - not sure why

i do appreciate your urgency to harness the potential of this unique group, and i am open to that, but in general i find that bring4th helps me with my 'being' rather than my 'doing' if that makes sense?
Sorry folks, but talking about being off topic is well, being off topic here. Please take this discussion to the Olio Forum. What I want this thread to address is why people were attracted to this web site, and what they would like to get out of their experience here.

Love and Light,

3D Sunset
Okay…back to the topic then.

Having read most of the LOO (okay, I bogged down in the last few chapters in the Tarot interpretations)…the chance to speak with people who had experienced and were in the weekly process of participating in these channelings is what I most wanted. Most conscious channels are fairly difficult to converse one on one with…or at least without paying a hefty seminar charge. And maybe connect with others who find the same resonance in this material. Beyond that initial connection…I haven’t given it much thought.

Is there a larger purpose for this gathering of souls in this place at this time? I don’t honestly know.

Richard
I think Lorna made the best summary of why I would have joined. The care the people of this forum put into their posts, and the emphasis (on a personal level) of positive polarity. The people of this forum are indeed the only group of people that do not throw down the gauntlet(so to speak) when a difference of opinion is met.

Ra does a great service of being the connecting factor between all of the users here, especially by knowing people folow different paths, and emphasising this with using your resonance to decide weather something is good for you or not.

It is the common ground of the Ra material which within itself requires a certain complexity to understand it, that is translated to these forums. The common ground is not through reading TLOO but accepting it for what it is or its potential. In other words The Ra Material draws a certain audience of open minded people, and as an adjunct of the Ra material the same audience will come to this forum. Accepting TLOO whole/part heartedly certainly requires open mindedness, and this open mindedness is where real learning and progression is made. This is what is special about Bring4th.

What do I want from Bring4th? I don't know, a knowing that I am not alone in my boat, which is very comforting. But to me more personally, Subject ideas, Learning, the Ra material is loaded with it, but it is not often brought up in the forums, and the bit's that are, are repeated a fair ammount. However as stated above, having read TLOO, is not the prerequisit of joining the forum, and niether should it be. TLOO does not contain all the knowledge in the world, not even close, BUT it is a core of learning that can go in any direction. In the interests of research, not only myself, but new users. These directions need to be clearly labeled and separate, this is where going off topic comes in. How would you like to read a paper about something to find it drops off half way through to talk about something completely different?

I would like to learn from Bring4th, and I have done, unfortunately recently I have not been taking anything away with me. Maybe I should right in my book again, or maybe I should read TLOO for a while. Who knows.

I hope this does not seem like a rant.

Monica I will send you a PM later on with my thoughts about moderation/off topicness.

Love and Light Smile
(07-28-2009, 03:32 PM)Richard Wrote: [ -> ]Is there a larger purpose for this gathering of souls in this place at this time? I don’t honestly know.

Richard

I think the gathering of souls here is akin to group meditations. Focussed positivity to oppose the focussed negativity throughout the world.
(07-28-2009, 02:09 PM)Lorna Wrote: [ -> ]i do appreciate your urgency to harness the potential of this unique group, and i am open to that, but in general i find that bring4th helps me with my 'being' rather than my 'doing' if that makes sense?

Hi Lorna,

Thank you for your perspective. I agree that the grounding effect of the forum is significant and beneficial. I also understand and agree with your being vs doing statement.

As for my urgency, it's a little hard to describe. For the last few years, and increasingly over the last few months I have experienced a growing sense of "imminent need". I really can't think of a better way to put it than that. This feeling caused me to seek out forums such as this that were populated by people of similar spiritual philosophies. Once I found Bring4th, I knew that I had found an appropriate home to do..... something. I really wasn't sure (and still am not) just what I felt the need to "do". So I set about the process of teach/learning and learn/teaching on topics that were of interest to me. Although this was rewarding, it was not fulfilling, so I broadened my activities to include expanding my fund of knowledge (the foundation of which is largely the Law of One and what I have gleaned as the core of most all religions) and source material to fill in some of the gaps that I and others had noticed in the Law of One (see Gary's thread on Dangling Threads in the Law of One). Thus began my interest in Chaotic Mind's thread (Biased view of STS) my thread on Dewey B Larson and another thread that was ultimately removed because the administrators felt it was outside the charter of the forum.

I have recently come to feel that there is an opportunity that may be slipping away, and this both disappoints me and has activated me. In response, I started a thread about my favorite quote from the Law of One, the quote which I use in my signature. Is this the reason that I came to the forum? Well... maybe, but it got me wondering if others had felt similar callings, and needs to act. If so, I'd really like to hear them and understand them, and see what I may be able to offer other causes that are expressed here.

This is not to say that I expect all or even most members to express the desire for the forum to do anything more than improve their "be-ingness" if you will. But, if others express opportunities for "do-ingness" then there just may be some opportunities that are appealing to "be-ers" to turn them into "do-ers".

Or something like that. Love and Light and thanks again for sharing,

3D Sunset
(07-28-2009, 04:09 PM)3D Sunset Wrote: [ -> ]As for my urgency, it's a little hard to describe. For the last few years, and increasingly over the last few months I have experienced a growing sense of "imminent need". I really can't think of a better way to put it than that. This feeling caused me to seek out forums such as this that were populated by people of similar spiritual philosophies. Once I found Bring4th, I knew that I had found an appropriate home to do..... something. I really wasn't sure (and still am not) just what I felt the need to "do".

If I'm understanding you correctly, that's what I was trying to convey in my Kennedy quote adaptation. What is the STO path about, if not service? If we all came to this forum with an attitude of serving and giving freely, then there would be nothing to be dissatisfied about. Wouldn't dissatisfaction indicate an expectation of receiving something in return?...or an attachment to a given outcome/result?

At the same time, leaders in any movement have to inspire others to get things done. As one who has been active in a number of causes, I can certainly relate to your feeling of dissatisfaction. Frustration, even. Why don't they get it? Here I am working so hard, and so many people are still asleep! (regarding whatever cause I am working on.)

Maybe the real question is: How unified are we in our motivation to effect positive changes on our planet at this nexus, and in regards to how to best going about doing that? Is there more that we could be doing here on the forum to motivate and inspire one another, which could then ripple out into our everyday lives?
(07-28-2009, 04:31 PM)Bring4th_Monica Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe the real question is: How unified are we in our motivation to effect positive changes on our planet at this nexus, and in regards to how to best going about doing that? Is there more that we could be doing here on the forum to motivate and inspire one another, which could then ripple out into our everyday lives?

This sounds like a great question to post on a different thread. Please do ask that question, but please don't redirect the thread.

My question remains and is simple: Why are you here (at Bring4th)? I want to know what people expected when they came here, and if they are getting it. As a preamble, I stated that I was bored with some of the discussions, concerned about some of our lost participants and that I felt the need to do more than I was currently through the forum.

I've shared what brought me to the forum, I simply asked what brought everyone else. I don't see the need to "fix" anything with this thread, I would just like to see if there are others with similar interests and callings as mine.

3D Sunset
Its interesting to see this discussed in this forum. I moderate in another forum where this same subject came up. The more we tried to bring together a unified mind or idea, the more things seemed to fall apart as the various life / spiritual paths and experiences collided to the point of outright conflict. The place has never been the same since. Its almost like it delineated or highlighted our differences as opposed to bringing us together. Interestingly, trying to agree upon a common meditational theme was probably the single most dividing subject of the entire thread. In retrospect, it was “Life on Earth” in microcosm.

In all fairness though. There was never a common focal point…such as the LOO.

Richard
(07-28-2009, 04:58 PM)3D Sunset Wrote: [ -> ]This sounds like a great question to post on a different thread. Please do ask that question, but please don't redirect the thread.

Oops, sorry. Huh I definitely wasn't trying to redirect the thread! I guess I misunderstood your original question. I thought you were trying to find ways to improve the forum. I apologize for misunderstanding!

(07-28-2009, 04:58 PM)3D Sunset Wrote: [ -> ]My question remains and is simple: Why are you here (at Bring4th)? I want to know what people expected when they came here, and if they are getting it. As a preamble, I stated that I was bored with some of the discussions, concerned about some of our lost participants and that I felt the need to do more than I was currently through the forum.

I've shared what brought me to the forum, I simply asked what brought everyone else. I don't see the need to "fix" anything with this thread, I would just like to see if there are others with similar interests and callings as mine.

Thanks for the attempt at clarification! But, I'm still a bit befuddled. You ask if we are getting what we expected to get. I'm not sure how to answer that question, personally, because it never really entered my mind to think in terms of getting anything from the forum. I guess I sort of assumed that those who study the Law of One would be attracted to the forum as yet another avenue of service; ie., giving rather than getting. (You know what they say about assumptions!)

I apologize for being dense here, but I'm confused by your next statement, "I felt the need to do more than I was currently through the forum" which sounds great but seems a little incongruous to me, since it implies giving. So, are you saying that if we aren't getting what we expected, we should do (give) more? If so, then I would agree with that. Or, am I way off here?

And, if you aren't trying to fix anything, then what are we to do with whatever feedback we get as a result of this thread?

Sorry, just trying to understand!
(07-28-2009, 05:20 PM)Richard Wrote: [ -> ]I moderate in another forum where this same subject came up. The more we tried to bring together a unified mind or idea, the more things seemed to fall apart as the various life / spiritual paths and experiences collided to the point of outright conflict. The place has never been the same since. Its almost like it delineated or highlighted our differences as opposed to bringing us together.

YIKES! I hope that doesn't happen here!
I am one of those who has been less active of late, but in my case it's not so much because of any dissatisfaction with the forum but for a variety of reasons having more to do with my own life.

I share the sense of imminent need, but my efforts recently have been directed towards my home life, towards work, and towards meditation and contemplation rather than towards active engagement in this forum or, indeed, in others that I participate in.

I will say, though, that as a hard-core Ra geek I am most interested in the Strictly Law of One forum and at times when there are not so many new or interesting threads there I don't always scour the rest of the forums for interesting posts.

But I also think that there is a natural ebb and flow to forums, as to everything. I, and I'm sure many others, experienced a great flood of enthusiasm and excitement when this incarnation of bring4th.org opened for business; I think it's only natural that there be some diminution of that enthusiasm after the initial flush wears off. It will rekindle, I'm sure.

I wonder, perhaps, if Ra's advice to Don to "forget you the counting" might be relevant here. Keep the faith, my friend -- you are doing great work, even it is not always outwardly apparent.

Love and light,
Your friend,
βαθμιαίος
If this post suddenly appeared in Tokyo, it would cause a panic because some might think Godzilla had returned. I'm sorry for the enormity of this, you all. If you want someone to blame for all this bandwidth consumed, blame 3D! It's all his fault!! Smile

3D Sunset Wrote:Do you feel that you are serving a purpose here at Bring4th (which I presume is true for each of us), and if so, what is it, and how well do you feel you are accomplishing your purpose?

I would suppose that there are various layers to the experience of purpose. There is the purpose of a moment, the purpose of a particular project or service, the purpose of an incarnation, the purpose of the Creator.

In terms of my incarnational mission, so to speak, or that which drives me day in and day out, I see my interaction on the Bring4th forums (what little I can offer) as an expression of that purpose.

3D Sunset Wrote:Is there something that could make this a more rewarding experience for you, or are you perfectly happy with the status quo (no pun intended)?

I personally would love to see more dialogue concerning the mystical development of consciousness from those who feel it to be of paramount priority in their own seeking. In other words, the path of the adept. Otherwise, I personally have no qualms about the natural evolution of these forums. Monica has pointed out on several different occasions what distinguishes these forums from many others out there. It is those qualities which she names that make this experience worthwhile, imho.

If only two people made use of these forums and all they talked about was the paranormal and 2012, I would hope for more illuminating conversation, but as long as they undertook this conversation with their hearts open and found a way to meet with compassion over their differences, then the forum’s purpose would be served in offering the opportunity for two souls to connect who otherwise might not have had the opportunity. And hopefully love would be increased.

Monica’]
My main motivation is for us to help support one another in our application of the Law of One principles, as well as our understanding of the material itself. I think were doing a pretty good job of the former. If I had to pick something I'd like to see improved, I would say that I'd love to see more participation of the latter.[/quote Wrote:
Monica, I think your motivation should (for whatever “should” means) be present in my motivation and every other who contributes. We should all seek to support one another. We are all here presumably because we are each on our own path of seeking the truth. Being geographically distant, the best that I think we can do for another is to offer support. Support in the form of responding to questions, asking questions, offering clarifying thoughts where appropriate, and in general encouraging the best in each other, hopefully creating a sense of community and friendship along the way.

Monica, I haven’t met you or 3D or Sirius or most others on these forums in the flesh, but if I ever have the opportunity I would feel like I had already done work with you and already established a sort of working friendship.

3D Sunset Wrote:Not to quibble about your chosen scope here Monica, but ultimately I care not a wit about the forum. What I do care about is what the members of the forum can, and arguably should, do once they have realized their place in this cosmos.

Well, if I may, you are not asking about members’ lives outside of the domain of the forums, per se, you are asking about members’ fulfillment of purpose and service through the Bring4th forums, the forums being a specific means to that particular end. Consequently, you do not sound terribly consistent when you say that you “care not a wit about the forum”. The forum does indeed factor into the equation whose unknowns you are attempting to make known. Ergo: you do care about the forums, but only as a means to an end.

3D Sunset Wrote:Are we here to placate our transitory interests in drugs and rock and roll? To extol the virtues of homeopathy and organic vegetation? Is it beneficial to any non-transitory cause to explore the intricacies and implications of digital music on the intellectual property laws, or whether the RIAA is just a bunch of crooks that deserve whatever is coming to them?

Firstly, I do not think the items you have listed deserve to be lumped into the same category. Some of them have greater intrinsic connection to self-growth, others much less so. Each of them taken on their own, however, can seem to be independent of and inconsequential to spiritual evolution.

In my opinion, what distinguishes transient versus intransient is not the object or the focus of conversation in and of itself but the context within which it is viewed. As Ra says, the self is the material for study. As ALL things are Self (when viewed appropriately), by extension, therefore, anything and everything can be related to self-understanding, self-knowing, self-accepting, self-realizing, self-growth when viewed in a context of How does this make me feel? What thoughts are conjured up in response to this particular object? What is my experience in relation to this object? What aspect of the divine does this represent? Does this hinder or accelerate spiritual evolution? How much attention should I pay to these energies? Who is the one aware of these outer objects and experiences?, etc. The focus being not upon the object but upon the Self that is aware of, perceives, and experiences the object.

Granted, the more that lens is used to view the seeming “objects” within the world, the more a hierarchy of priority may form in which the mundane and inane are given less of the self’s attention except as transparent windows through which emptiness shines. I only posit the possibility that even that which seems transient and unspiritual does have its place in the spiritual outlook.

3D Sunset Wrote:Look at this forum. Look at the amazing diversity of backgrounds and strength of polarity that we have amassed here. Is there not some reason that we all chose to come here at this time? Is it really to discuss the topics we're discussing?

I am sure that each comes here for a reason unique unto themselves, though generalities can and have been made, including coming here for comfort and solace, grounding, stimulation, education, teach/learning – learn/teaching, service, etc., thee most general being that each is here because the Creator desires to know itself. Slightly but not much less general: because each entity desires spiritual evolution, the return to the Creator.

I think that the unity and depth of purpose which you seek among the diversity of forum members could indeed be a goal achieved as a result of conscious intent and consistent development, but I disagree with the presupposition that there exists an a priori (<-- hope I’m using that correctly!) unity of purpose.

3D Sunset Wrote:Consider this: If you found a forum wherein you could speak to a group of the most powerful people on the planet. What would you talk about? The topics that have filled the forum? I suggest to everyone that reads this post that you are members of the most powerful group incarnate today. You are consciously aware of your own divinity and your place in the universe. You have the ability to do amazing things alone. But we also, as a collective, have the ability to do vastly more than any of us can do alone. Remember the power of squares?

Rock on. Totally with you that those who are (intellectually, at least) aware of the divinity inherent within their being are those on the threshold of abiding in the power to serve others.

3D Sunset Wrote:I am simply taking this opportunity to point out that every member that we lose is the loss of a further doubling of this power. I grant and fully understand that the forum is not for everyone and that interests and attractions change over time. I merely ask if we are perhaps missing an opportunity that we pre-incarnatively created to take advantage of our self recognized divinity and contact with intelligent energy to accomplish greater things than we have yet imagined?

I’m figuring it out as I go along so I could be dead wrong, but I think that efforts to contact intelligent infinity (efforts which must paradoxically end in surrender and effortless choice) that involve more than one person necessarily require a more intensive and direct collaboration. I am not sure that this outer technology alone offers such a means, except perhaps as a means of coordination and sharing of experience through correspondence.

In terms of numbers and the resulting squaring, you should factor in the number of members who do not participate, members whose depth and quality of thought may far surpass any active member, me included. They, too, are present and contributing their energy to this squaring.

3D Sunset Wrote:What I want this thread to address is why people were attracted to this web site, and what they would like to get out of their experience here.

You know, 3D, I have had the privilege and honor of meeting wanderers and spiritual seekers, having even the incarnational privilege of living with wanderers who produced and channeled that philosophy which is at the heart of my worldview and core of my strategy to pierce the veil.

I have learned that, while meeting on the common ground of the Law of One material and the principles therein can be a boon to bonding and shared love, exceedingly rare is it to find another, even among that demographic, with whom there is unity of purpose, with whom there is unity of desire, with whom there is unity of wavelength.

I am neither situating myself in a position of superiority nor inferiority, but I will say that I have met maybe one individual with my particular approach to and intensity of seeking the truth.

(The above three paragraphs are not precisely an answer to the question of "what attracts people to this website". They are rather a response to the general thrust of your thread.)

Bring4th_Monica]
How many of us focus on increasing the Harvest every minute of every day? Do we ever take any time off for recreation, going to a movie, etc.? Or do we spend every minute of every day meditating for world peace, smiling at the cashier, and sending love to everyone we meet?

Word! There should be space for discussing the less concentrated forms of Creator, the recreational and the light.

At the same time I grok, I think, 3D’s need. Perhaps we can have a sub forum called Adept Projects. Though we’d probably run into trouble with the title “adept” and what that means and the pretension associated with identifying with the word.

Sirius’ Wrote:</cite>I cannot really pinpoint why I don't like this, but I could say it makes me feel like my opinions don't count. I know that this it not the case, but the feeling resides, hence reduced activity. What is the point in saying anything when the subject can change at any given time?</blockquote><br />
Hey Sirius, anytime a thread veers from its original trajectory, please feel free to [u Wrote:
respectfully[/u] bring it back onto track! Or if your question/concern has not been satisfactorily spoken to, please restate it! : )

Lorna’]
i was a member of bring4th long before i started properly reading and posting on the forum. the reason i do now is that i find it to have almost a grounding effect in the busy-ness of life - 10 minutes reading a thread inbetween phone calls or work has a similar effect to going for a walk and taking a deep breath of fresh air. it just helps.

Thank you so much for sharing that, Lorna! That is so awesome to know that a reader (be it you or myself or another) can derive such palpable benefit from the babbling we all participate in here. : )

[quote=Sirius’ Wrote:I think Lorna made the best summary of why I would have joined. The care the people of this forum put into their posts, and the emphasis (on a personal level) of positive polarity… Ra does a great service of being the connecting factor between all of the users here… Accepting TLOO whole/part heartedly certainly requires open mindedness, and this open mindedness is where real learning and progression is made. This is what is special about Bring4th…What do I want from Bring4th? I don't know, a knowing that I am not alone in my boat, which is very comforting.

Well said, Sirius! (I excerpted the highlights from your post.)

3D Sunset Wrote:Once I found Bring4th, I knew that I had found an appropriate home to do..... something. I really wasn't sure (and still am not) just what I felt the need to "do".

Maybe you are doing it and you don’t even know it! ; )

You may have offered a thought which impacted a silent reader more than you will know. Maybe you were kind to another in a reply post that put a smile on someone’s face. Maybe you made this entity put his rusty brain into high gear spend a couple of hours longer on the computer than he would have otherwise done. : )

As I often find myself in a pit of non-fulfillment, I am no expert on what makes fulfillment, but I will offer that the deepest levels of fulfillment that I’ve exerpeinced in this life have come when I was able to let go of the “needs” which you speak of and experience the simple feeling of being, of existing. Being is its own fulfillment, prior to any need for action.

Though, again, I speak in ignorance, perhaps this impulse you feel is a carrot leading you to the next step of your incarnational plan.

3D Sunset Wrote:…it got me wondering if others had felt similar callings, and needs to act. If so, I'd really like to hear them and understand them, and see what I may be able to offer other causes that are expressed here.

I truly hope you find that which you seek, 3D. Your intentions and hopes are noble.

As for myself, I have always felt that there is a deeper service that I may offer the world, but I have been of the opinion ever since the infancy of my seeking that I must realize the truth for myself. Then and only then can I help others to awaken to who they really are.

This plays into my desires for metaphysically oriented collaborative group projects. I sooo believe in their efficacy and the increased power of those of like-mind gathering for common purpose, but my overriding goal has been to plug myself in first, to heal, to get out of my own way!

To conclude this monster and elaborate on the point just made, I include a few paragraphs I wrote a year or so ago on the service of being.

“…despite my many and varied attempts to learn more about the truth, I realize that there is practically nothing that I can say that will really and truly help another to actually recognize their own native power to learn what they came here to learn and to experience the ability to consciously create their own universe.

I can offer my own philosophical understandings to another and tell them of the infinite nature of things, but no matter how heartfelt and sincere my expressions may be, without the corresponding level of experience to match the words, no combination of the most eloquent phrases from my mouth can really open another’s eyes to the possibility of mystery and infinity. If I myself am living by these spiritual principles (as I am now attempting) and would stand up and die for what I consider to be the highest truth, then this vivifies the words and increases their impact. But the ultimate way to reach people is to *become* the truth which I seek. I believe in this way I could be of the greatest service imaginable.

If I could realize experientially that unified reality of love within, then my very b-e-i-n-g would be the greatest testament to the truth. By simply radiating, on an energetic level, a pure flow of the Creator’s love and light, I would be of immense service because I would be sharing “information”, so to speak, about the true nature of reality, about the limitless nature of the self. I would be an advocate for unconditional love, limitless light, and a single, unified reality. This service would happen not by virtue of any action I could take in the outer world (though action is often a helpful concomitant of the service of being), nor by any words that I could speak, but by simply opening my heart to all with whom I came into contact. I could sit, and breathe, and be, metaphysically speaking, a lighthouse in this darkness.

I have a long… oh so incredibly long… way to go before I can let the Creator shine through my eyes, my hands, and my heart, but this is eventually the service I hope to offer to those about me and those out there so in need of aid. Thus do I seek to serve others, to help them open their eyes, if only just once, to their true and divine natures so that they may grasp the infinite possibilities that belong to one aware of universal truth.”

Thank you, 3D for initiating this and many an other great discussion!!

Love and Light,
Gary
Hi 3D Sunset et al.,

I inevitably find flaws in everything I say and do upon review! In the section below, I don't want to come across as if I am speaking for everyone on the forums.

3D's question regarding why each comes to this website and what they hope to get out of it is legitimate, still stands, and is still open to any who would be interested in responding. I for one would love to hear what everyone feels in response to the question! Even if you, the reader, have never posted before, please share why it is you are tuning in!

May the force be with you,
GLB

Quote:3D Sunset Wrote:
What I want this thread to address is why people were attracted to this web site, and what they would like to get out of their experience here.

3D Sunset Wrote:
Look at this forum. Look at the amazing diversity of backgrounds and strength of polarity that we have amassed here. Is there not some reason that we all chose to come here at this time? Is it really to discuss the topics we're discussing?

Bring4th_GLB wrote:
I am sure that each comes here for a reason unique unto themselves, though generalities can and have been made, including coming here for comfort and solace, grounding, stimulation, education, teach/learning – learn/teaching, service, etc., thee most general being that each is here because the Creator desires to know itself. Slightly but not much less general: because each entity desires spiritual evolution, the return to the Creator.
Thank you all for your thoughts and insights so far. I don't have time to respond as I would like to many of your posts. Hopefully time will present itself in the future to do so. But briefly, let me say:

- I too would love to see more meaty topics laid out and explored on the "Strictly Law of One" forum.

- I have opened a thread on Olio to explore ways to keep threads on topic and/or manage multiple thoughts on a thread, and have a little fun with it at the same time. Please come prepared to play a little bit.

- Upon re-reading the thread, I noted that some of my replies sound a little more terse than I had intended. I apologize to anyone that may have been bothered by them. I will redouble my efforts to ensure that my words better reflect my true feelings.

- I encourage anyone and everyone to pick up thoughts that resonate with them here and put them into action on other threads. When you do, I would appreciate if you come back here and include a comment to that effect and post a link to the associated new thread. I would like to keep this thread as simply the clearinghouse for responses to the question.

Please keep those thoughts coming. It is rewarding to hear them all.

3D Sunset
(07-30-2009, 11:08 AM)3D Sunset Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you all for your thoughts and insights so far. I don't have time to respond as I would like to many of your posts. Hopefully time will present itself in the future to do so. But briefly, let me say:

- I too would love to see more meaty topics laid out and explored on the "Strictly Law of One" forum.

- I have opened a thread on Olio to explore ways to keep threads on topic and/or manage multiple thoughts on a thread, and have a little fun with it at the same time. Please come prepared to play a little bit.

- Upon re-reading the thread, I noted that some of my replies sound a little more terse than I had intended. I apologize to anyone that may have been bothered by them. I will redouble my efforts to ensure that my words better reflect my true feelings.

- I encourage anyone and everyone to pick up thoughts that resonate with them here and put them into action on other threads. When you do, I would appreciate if you come back here and include a comment to that effect and post a link to the associated new thread. I would like to keep this thread as simply the clearinghouse for responses to the question.

Please keep those thoughts coming. It is rewarding to hear them all.

3D Sunset

I actually don't remember how I wandered in here for sure. I am glad that I am here though, and I have met some nice like minded people finally.
One of my metalhead associates was curious about the LOO material, so I referenced him how to obtain it and check it out.I am really curious what he will end up thinking of it. I think it is really great. I am learning a lot here actually. The information about what is happening in Iran was a good insight among other things. I have had some good conversations with Monica and others about our like minded music tastes, which I didn't expect here.

I really like this forum. I was frequent on the David Icke and David Wilcock forum a bit, but I started declining on the DI site due to so much battling between everyone.
The DW forum is not too bad, but its moderated quite a bit and sometimes I am dislexic and ramble a bit and they don't like that hahah.That is totally is understandable. I try to be pretty much on topic here and not ramble too much in my crazy ways.

I also am discovering a lot more about myself and how much of a hippie I am, which my old self 10 years ago would be very much mocking right now. Its cool though, I mean love is the way to go. Its a constant process/struggle trying to unbrainwash myself and let the love soak in and relect outwards to everyone, but I have confidence its becoming more and more natural. If that makes me a hippie so be it. I still wander about like a zombie and enjoying raving in delirium so what does it matter?

I am sure I deserve flack (a wee bit anyway), but I have only read LOO book 1 so far.
It had such an intense affect on me after that first read of book 1, so much I have hardly been able to have a slice of it in my head, without feeling like I am getting a surge from some crazy source of energy (which somewhat feels like I had too much coffee, but in a more enlightening way) if that makes sense. I am getting there though. I plan on starting on book 2 sometime today actually.
I'd like to chime in over one part of 3D's question:
Quote:Is there something that can make this a more rewarding experience for you?
Most of my initial goals were to create "opportunities" for others to convene and to share in their experiences and thoughts through blogs, chat, and forums, however those experiences would ultimately be expressed.

As my initial goals materialized of seeing the site running and of people connecting, I moved on to enjoying everyone's written thoughts and experiences, as well as the many topics that surfaced during the first months of B4 being in operation.

Admittedly, responses to various threads began to feel somewhat predictable, but this was more of a personal reflection that I felt wasn't necessary to share with anyone. I recognized that most members of B4 would arrive with differing aspects of spiritual growth, understanding, and enthusiasm. But content-wise, I wanted more! Tongue Shortly thereafter, the B4 team created a forum called "Sessions in Focus", because it was thought this would be a great way to branch off into analyzing other Confederation content that, for now, does not have an end in sight. In fact, one of the greatest advantages B4 has going for it is that there is constantly new content. Whether it's member contributions, a new book by Carla, or regular group channeling sessions, there is always something new to discuss.

So I had desired (and still do) to see others drill down into each new piece of content, and to begin talking about some of the Q'uo material, which to this day is virtually untouched by group discussions.

This is where I would personally like to see the site continue to go. We see so much content coming from beyond the veil, yet so much of it goes unnoticed in group discussion. There is an amazing amount of diversity in the subject matter, so I can't imagine that one could get bored discussing any given area. I also believe that our individual interpretations of these messages is where the most practical content comes from, since it's being passed, tumbled, and refined through the human aspect.

Lastly, I saw an argument akin to, "Well, why are you expecting something for yourself instead of expecting nothing and giving yourself?" To me (and to Q'uo, but I can't find the quote!!), it's still a win-win situation for everyone to have desires for this site. Enjoying spiritual content is certainly a personal and "self-based" service, but since we are contemplating and resonating upon love-based messages, we can only gain in positive polarity. Therefore, it's not really a "selfish" service to have a desire for more content that supports raising your vibration. Self-study of spiritual material raises the vibration of me, which means it raises the vibration of you, since we are one. It is then the outward contemplation, discussion, and digestion of these topics where we offer opportunities for others to respond, which is the "giving" part.

I hope you all didn't mind the long-winded answer. Let me know if I haven't made a point yet, and I'll revisit this after I had some sleep. BigSmile

Steve
(07-31-2009, 01:31 AM)Bring4th_Steve Wrote: [ -> ]I hope you all didn't mind the long-winded answer. Let me know if I haven't made a point yet, and I'll revisit this after I had some sleep. BigSmile

Quite the contrary Steve, it is great to hear the perspective of the man behind curtain, so to speak, at B4, and you made you some excellent points. I agree that there is a wealth of material in the L&L library that has not been touched, and I think it would be great to explore it more. I've noticed some interesting synchronicities between some of the topics we explore on the forum and the answers that come through in the current channeling sessions as well. Which is to say, I guess, that we may have cosmic readers of the forum in addition to our 3rd Density ones.Wink

Thanks again for your input and your dedication to the site,

3D Sunset
(07-31-2009, 08:22 AM)3D Sunset Wrote: [ -> ]Which is to say, I guess, that we may have cosmic readers of the forum in addition to our 3rd Density ones.Wink

That's a comforting thought!
Not to be off subject, but what is the Q'uo material exactly. I think I missed something.

I have been trying to find this out myself, but I am stumped.
(07-31-2009, 04:08 PM)AlexKawajima Wrote: [ -> ]Not to be off subject, but what is the Q'uo material exactly. I think I missed something.

I have been trying to find this out myself, but I am stumped.

Under the circumstances, I'll allow this off topic requestTongue. Follow the tab at the top of this page that is titled "Library". This will take you to the L/L Research homepage. There is much to explore on the site, but to find the Q'uo (and other Confederation source) material follow the "Library" link then scroll down the Table of Contents to the "Newsletters" Heading and select the link entitled "Light/Lines - The L/L Research Newsletters". The resulting page contains a series of year links starting from 1982 listed chronologically, each of which contains all the channeling sessions conducted during that year. Or just blow off all these directions and click here.

There is a wealth of material here, so bookmark it and plan to return often.

Love and Light,

3D Sunset
Hello 3D,

I think this is a good point that you bring up. I have not felt the same sense of urgency that you described, perhaps because my personal life is so busy with the raising of small children. Although I've often thought about how close we are to the end of the harvest and if we should be trying to do more to aid. Certainly I agree to an extent that putting our energy towards transient matters may not be the best use of energy considering our shared interest in, and knowledge of spirituality.

I'm a bit saddened to hear that we're hemorrhaging users. I haven't seen Quantum post anything in a few months. I miss reading his overly long and unnecessarily complex posts- he started quite a few interesting discussions. I was also just e-mailing another user this week who decided to leave the forum for specific reasons. (I'll see if this person is interested in sharing views as to why).

To answer your initial question, I did not come on to the board with a specific goal, just to generally absorb more information and share thoughts with others. But regarding spirituality and The Law of One, not so much RIAA issues Wink The point is well made.
Also FYI: http://www.bring4th.org/forums/showthread.php?tid=415
Pages: 1 2