Bring4th

Full Version: Catalyst Questions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I see the idea of "Catalyst" get discussed here often, an idea which seems obvious enough to understand with context alone - however as I've tried applying this knowledge in life I've been left with a couple of questions.

It seems to me that when there is an "imbalance" -- particularly an energy center imbalance, a catalyst is then introduced into our lives that serves to give an experience that we will (hopefully) learn from - this serving to balance, or begin to balance, the problematic energy center. Is this a correct understanding of catalyst as used here?

If so, one question I have is whether or not catalysts are always a lesson of a "negative" nature for lack of a better term. For example, if I have an energy center problem that is causing selfish behavior to such an extent that my partner leaves me - this is a "negative" experience in order to attempt to shed light on the issue of selfish behavior. This was how I would expect to receive my catalysts.

However, this week I had a graphic design client get extremely snippy with me over how long I was taking on a project. I was surprised at how automatic my patience was with him (usually I am quick to reciprocate negativity because I deal with so much of it in my job), I felt a lot of empathy as he got a bit nasty with me and just labeled the behavior as an effect of emotion, letting go of it as insulting, and seeing his complaint objectively. I assessed my actions and concluded that I had not dropped the ball and that the issue was simply an unreasonable expectation on his end. I carefully explained the nature of the project and apologized for making him wait longer than he'd expected to. He hastily hung up and I assumed I wouldn't be hearing from him again.

The next day he called me and told me he felt terrible for "busting my chops" and paid for the logo I had designed (He thought I could make it in 10 minutes and it took me an hour was the entire issue, my turnaround was almost immediate compared to the norm). He also paid me upfront for an entire website (with a little extra added on) -- he also paid $100 toward whoever my next web design client happens to be. So not only did I get an apology and some good pay but also the opportunity to act as a conduit to brighten someone's day in the future. All of this, even his initial nastiness, was a positive experience. My ability to remain emotionally balanced while he was upset left me feeling very proud of myself and was enough reward to try and repeat the action. However, the ensuing positivity was such that it left me wondering if positive reinforcement is another potential form of catalyst. I felt as if maintaining my patience with people was outlined for me to pay more attention to.

My thought was then that perhaps being vigilant about looking out for catalysts allows us to learn the necessary lesson in a positive sense (or at least an "easier" sense). If this lesson is not understood then it manifests in more attention-grabbing way, which tends to feel negative.

I'm wondering if my understanding seems sound and if not what I'm missing. Thanks for reading, I tried my best to keep it concise.

It's my understanding that everything and anything can as function "catalyst". Whether it's "positive" or "negative" is purely a product of your perspective.
Nice post.
I believe that you are right with your summary.
It could also be that event in your 'life' could be representing your 'struggle' for spiritual growth - the events being a microcosm of the larger life plan blue print.
This is one of the ways that higher self and guides contact you.
The only feeling of seperation you experience is caused by this temporary 'split' between your lower and higher selves.
Life speaks to you in a language of synchronicity.
(02-04-2012, 11:29 AM)Ecz Wrote: [ -> ]It seems to me that when there is an "imbalance" -- particularly an energy center imbalance, a catalyst is then introduced into our lives that serves to give an experience that we will (hopefully) learn from - this serving to balance, or begin to balance, the problematic energy center.

(02-04-2012, 11:29 AM)Ecz Wrote: [ -> ]if I have an energy center problem
I'm sure you could care less, but energy centers do not cause imbalance. They indicate imbalance. And that's not semantics.

It's also important to understand that catalyst is always being introduced here. A particular catalyst just becomes apparent because it eventually raises enough discomfort where one's individual tolerance level is exceeded and continued distraction is no longer an option.

(02-04-2012, 12:55 PM)zenmaster Wrote: [ -> ]A particular catalyst just becomes apparent because it eventually raises enough discomfort where one's individual tolerance level is exceeded and continued distraction is no longer an option.

This is it. If we accept things, they would most likely not be called "catalyst". We would just call it "normal".
(02-04-2012, 01:17 PM)Pickle Wrote: [ -> ]We would just call it "normal".
Has no particular charge due to lack of unconscious associations. Notice however, how people actively seek unconscious associations with purposely constructed and maintained vagaries.

The intuition is our interface to the 'new' (what is still unconscious), with the possibility of what it offers becoming conscious and accepted. Yet, it is extremely easy to stifle that integrating experience or ownership of it with forced ambiguity, conflation, inflation, exaggeration, sign worshiping, conspiracies, ufo seeking, spiritual 'pride', spiritual 'mission', etc.
(02-04-2012, 01:46 PM)zenmaster Wrote: [ -> ]people actively seek unconscious associations with purposely constructed and maintained vagaries.

Isn't this called "fun" though?
Wouldn't every second of experience in the now (past-present-future) be equal much catalyst? Or at least potential points of polarization. The reason witnessing a robbery causes a stronger reaction than a rock sitting on the ground is that you have internal representations and biases etc.

Or is that only a denial of the logos? To look at everything with the same eyes, whether it be love or despise.
(02-04-2012, 01:50 PM)Pickle Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-04-2012, 01:46 PM)zenmaster Wrote: [ -> ]people actively seek unconscious associations with purposely constructed and maintained vagaries.
Isn't this called "fun" though?
There is no question that part of that can be, as that's also learning. But the self-created playground, that holds the attention or amuses, eventually becomes uncharged due to acceptance as well.
(02-04-2012, 12:55 PM)zenmaster Wrote: [ -> ]I'm sure you could care less, but energy centers do not cause imbalance. They indicate imbalance. And that's not semantics.

You're mistaken about me not caring, I appreciate this clarification.

(02-04-2012, 01:46 PM)zenmaster Wrote: [ -> ]The intuition is our interface to the 'new' (what is still unconscious), with the possibility of what it offers becoming conscious and accepted. Yet, it is extremely easy to stifle that integrating experience or ownership of it with forced ambiguity, conflation, inflation, exaggeration, sign worshiping, conspiracies, ufo seeking, spiritual 'pride', spiritual 'mission', etc.

Is it possible then that I was too hasty with my labeling of this event as catalyst and looking for a lesson within it? Can you possibly offer any insight on ways to distill the information received from intuition with a minimum amount of 'distortion.' I feel like I would have a high propensity for exaggerating information received.
(02-04-2012, 05:48 PM)Ecz Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-04-2012, 01:46 PM)zenmaster Wrote: [ -> ]The intuition is our interface to the 'new' (what is still unconscious), with the possibility of what it offers becoming conscious and accepted. Yet, it is extremely easy to stifle that integrating experience or ownership of it with forced ambiguity, conflation, inflation, exaggeration, sign worshiping, conspiracies, ufo seeking, spiritual 'pride', spiritual 'mission', etc.

Is it possible then that I was too hasty with my labeling of this event as catalyst and looking for a lesson within it?
If there is any interest in some area, then there is a 'lesson' associated with it.

(02-04-2012, 05:48 PM)Ecz Wrote: [ -> ]Can you possibly offer any insight on ways to distill the information received from intuition with a minimum amount of 'distortion.' I feel like I would have a high propensity for exaggerating information received.
Look at Q/A 5:2. You find out how you actually think and/or feel towards the info and you build an idea of it as an experience. That's why we have these frontal lobes, for processing what is introduced from the unconscious so that it may become useful experience. The archetypal principle is the tarot's "experience of mind" (king on throne).

It is not possible to exaggerate info once it's been accepted, because once one is aware of it, it can not be coming from the unconscious in the form of such a compulsory reaction to its charge.
Thank you very much for your input Zen, I really appreciate it.
Quote:93.20 Questioner: I was just wondering if the transparency of the garments on the third card indicates the semi-permeable nature of the veil between the conscious and unconscious mind?
Ra: I am Ra. This is a thoughtful perception and cannot be said to be incorrect. However, the intended suggestion, in general, is an echo of our earlier suggestion that the nature of catalyst is that of the unconscious; that is, outward catalyst comes through the veil.

All that you perceive seems to be consciously perceived. This is not the correct supposition. All that you perceive is perceived as catalyst unconsciously. By the, shall we say, time that the mind begins its appreciation of catalyst, that catalyst has been filtered through the veil and in some cases much is veiled in the most apparently clear perception.

So on top of everything we experience being catalyst we're not even consciously experiencing the full breadth of catalyst which is interacting with us, thankfully there's Experience of Mind to make our lives easier:

Quote:94.12 Questioner: It seems to me that the Experience of the Mind would act in such a way as to change the nature of the veil so that catalyst would be filtered so as to be acceptable in the bias that is increasingly chosen by the entity. For instance, if he had chosen the right-hand path the Experience of the Mind would change the permeability of the veil to accept more and more positive catalyst. Also the other would be true for accepting more negative catalyst if the left-hand path were the one that was chosen. Is this correct?
Ra: I am Ra. This is not only correct but there is a further ramification. As the entity increases in experience it shall, more and more, choose positive interpretations of catalyst if it is upon the service-to-others path and negative interpretations of catalyst if its experience has been of the service-to-self path.
(02-05-2012, 02:30 PM)turtledude23 Wrote: [ -> ]As the entity increases in experience it shall, more and more, choose positive interpretations of catalyst if it is upon the service-to-others path and negative interpretations of catalyst if its experience has been of the service-to-self path.
Further, our 3D 'experiential nexus' has divided, developmental aspects based on one's evolution through the subdensities. Our ideas are largely derived from what society has provided at each of these levels, but as one polarizes, this borrowing necessarily begins to change to a more individualized standpoint at some point during the 6th subdensity (where one delves into the realm of subjectivity, 'meets the self', starts to address fears, starts to understand metaphor, etc). By the 7th subdensity, while not an island him/herself, the individual is poised to be consciously aware of 'the choice' that Ra talks about.
(02-05-2012, 02:54 PM)zenmaster Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-05-2012, 02:30 PM)turtledude23 Wrote: [ -> ]As the entity increases in experience it shall, more and more, choose positive interpretations of catalyst if it is upon the service-to-others path and negative interpretations of catalyst if its experience has been of the service-to-self path.
Further, our 3D 'experiential nexus' has divided, developmental aspects based on one's evolution through the subdensities. Our ideas are largely derived from what society has provided at each of these levels, but as one polarizes, this borrowing necessarily begins to change to a more individualized standpoint at some point during the 6th subdensity (where one delves into the realm of subjectivity, 'meets the self', starts to address fears, starts to understand metaphor, etc). By the 7th subdensity, while not an island him/herself, the individual is poised to be consciously aware of 'the choice' that Ra talks about.

I don't think Ra ever specified what the sub-densities are, where did you get that idea from?
(02-05-2012, 02:30 PM)turtledude23 Wrote: [ -> ]So on top of everything we experience being catalyst we're not even consciously experiencing the full breadth of catalyst which is interacting with us, thankfully there's Experience of Mind to make our lives easier:

And here I almost stopped myself from asking about this subject ~ so glad I did.

(02-05-2012, 02:54 PM)zenmaster Wrote: [ -> ]Further, our 3D 'experiential nexus' has divided, developmental aspects based on one's evolution through the subdensities. Our ideas are largely derived from what society has provided at each of these levels, but as one polarizes, this borrowing necessarily begins to change to a more individualized standpoint at some point during the 6th subdensity (where one delves into the realm of subjectivity, 'meets the self', starts to address fears, starts to understand metaphor, etc). By the 7th subdensity, while not an island him/herself, the individual is poised to be consciously aware of 'the choice' that Ra talks about.

Are 3D sub-densities discussed at length in the Ra Material? I've admittedly not read it all yet and would like to see more on this subject. Perhaps I should finish the reading before I go starting question threads.. Blush

Although, I'm glad I did because I think I'm getting good applicable clarification that would've been more time consuming to find on my own (if I could have at all)
(02-05-2012, 03:21 PM)Ecz Wrote: [ -> ]Are 3D sub-densities discussed at length in the Ra Material? I've admittedly not read it all yet and would like to see more on this subject. Perhaps I should finish the reading before I go starting question threads.. Blush

Although, I'm glad I did because I think I'm getting good applicable clarification that would've been more time consuming to find on my own (if I could have at all)

They're only briefly mentioned and not really defined, from what I understand they're like levels of spiritual evolution within 3D but there's no way to measure it, and each sub-density has an infinite number of sub-sub-densities so as far as I'm concerned there's little point in discussing them.
(02-05-2012, 03:34 PM)turtledude23 Wrote: [ -> ]They're only briefly mentioned and not really defined, from what I understand they're like levels of spiritual evolution within 3D but there's no way to measure it, and each sub-density has an infinite number of sub-sub-densities so as far as I'm concerned there's little point in discussing them.

My thought was just that if the initial sub-densities could be somewhat understood then it might make "progress" at least vaguely quantifiable. Currently I just have little noticeable elements in life to denote progress like how long I can maintain patience within a given situation, etc. Perhaps this is a naive notion? To want "checkpoints" for comparative purposes?
(02-05-2012, 03:19 PM)turtledude23 Wrote: [ -> ]I don't think Ra ever specified what the sub-densities are, where did you get that idea from?
The subdensities are discrete levels of 'vibration', just like the ones in the octave. One enters the subdensity that corresponds to the vibration accepted. We have a m/b/s nature. Experience-wise the aspect of the subdensity I was referring to was that 'mind'. 'Mind' emerges into consciousness according to what society has provided as an expression of that subdensity (patterned by the "sub-sub-sub-logos" of earth+inhabitants). These ideas reflect values of that resonate in some manner with that subdensity, because the ideas themselves were formed from evaluation at that vibration.

(02-05-2012, 03:59 PM)zenmaster Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-05-2012, 03:19 PM)turtledude23 Wrote: [ -> ]I don't think Ra ever specified what the sub-densities are, where did you get that idea from?
The subdensities are discrete levels of 'vibration', just like the ones in the octave. One enters the subdensity that corresponds to the vibration accepted. We have a m/b/s nature. Experience-wise the aspect of the subdensity I was referring to was that 'mind'. 'Mind' emerges into consciousness according to what society has provided as an expression of that subdensity (patterned by the "sub-sub-sub-logos" of earth+inhabitants). These ideas reflect values of that resonate in some manner with that subdensity, because the ideas themselves were formed from evaluation at that vibration.

But where did you get the specific examples of 6th sub-density is this and 7th sub-density is that?
(02-05-2012, 03:55 PM)Ecz Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-05-2012, 03:34 PM)turtledude23 Wrote: [ -> ]They're only briefly mentioned and not really defined, from what I understand they're like levels of spiritual evolution within 3D but there's no way to measure it, and each sub-density has an infinite number of sub-sub-densities so as far as I'm concerned there's little point in discussing them.

My thought was just that if the initial sub-densities could be somewhat understood then it might make "progress" at least vaguely quantifiable. Currently I just have little noticeable elements in life to denote progress like how long I can maintain patience within a given situation, etc. Perhaps this is a naive notion? To want "checkpoints" for comparative purposes?
Progress here is indeed vaguely quantifiable. The notion that it is not (or can not be) is part of the subject-object dilemma created from the struggle involved at that 6th subdensity. As subject is emphasized in order to learn about it, "all" seems to be interpreted from that subjective standpoint and therefore objective heirarchies tend to be seen as created from outmoded or even regressive (conventional) consciousness.
So the "checkpoint" idea will necessarily only make sense from the standpoint of the last subdensity here, which can appreciate the prior development "from the outside".

(02-05-2012, 04:10 PM)turtledude23 Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-05-2012, 03:59 PM)zenmaster Wrote: [ -> ]

But where did you get the specific examples of 6th sub-density is this and 7th sub-density is that?
Again, I am not saying the subdensities *are* something. They are necessarily archetypal in nature and therefore only a pattern of what they may provide emerges from various identifiable collections of ideas and values that exist from the standpoint of "vibration". From our own choosing, we form ideas resonating at the particular level using that logos as something like a template.

(02-05-2012, 04:10 PM)zenmaster Wrote: [ -> ]Again, I am not saying the subdensities *are* something. They are necessarily archetypal in nature and therefore only a pattern of what they may provide emerges from various identifiable collections of ideas and values that exist from the standpoint of "vibration". From our own choosing, we form ideas resonating at the particular level using that logos as something like a template.

Is there a resource somewhere then with in-depth commentary on each density that can then be extrapolated to sub-desnity patterns seen within one's own 3D progression. I've seen this basic explanation:

Quote:The Logoi create a progression through seven levels of spiritual evolution, called "densities."
The first density is the density of dead matter.
The second density is the density of organic life: plants, animals, bacteria, etc.
The third density is the density which human beings inhabit. It is the density of self-awareness.
The fourth density, like all subsequent densities, is inhabited by mind/body/spirit complexes of a higher level of spiritual evolution than human beings. The fourth density is the density of love.
The fifth density is the density of light or wisdom.
The sixth density is the density of unity.
The seventh density is the gateway density, the last density before mind/body/spirit complexes merge back into the Creator.
The eighth density is the beginning of the next octave.

But I would have a hard time seeing "density of unity" then getting to "Oh, that sub-density must be when I will meet my self and address my fears." How can I then, better understand these?

Also, is Logos synonymous with Density?

Thank you and sorry, I realize we've moved away from catalyst questions a bit but I'm enjoying this conversation.
I took up the idea that we have sevens nested within sevens. So each of the seven levels of consciousness has seven sub-levels and seven super-levels.

For example, the first "super-density" (my term) is rocks, minerals and viruses. The second is most plants and animals. We humans and perhaps some trees and sea mammals are the third, etc.

Each human and, by inference, other beings, have seven levels within us. For example every seven years we go though a new kind of consciousness phase, which each year has a new sub-phase. I posted my "7 Levels of Consciousness" somewhere in these forums and don't like to repeat myself, but they came from interpreting Ra's various descriptions of them.
Ecz I'll get back to your question when I have more time, but both the densities and subdensities follow a very general cyclical pattern of being one-to-all ("me"), then back to all-to-one ("we") as well as a masculine then feminine (yin/yang) focus. Odd densities/subdensities being of the former type and even being of that latter.
(02-05-2012, 04:55 PM)Ecz Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-05-2012, 04:10 PM)zenmaster Wrote: [ -> ]Again, I am not saying the subdensities *are* something. They are necessarily archetypal in nature and therefore only a pattern of what they may provide emerges from various identifiable collections of ideas and values that exist from the standpoint of "vibration". From our own choosing, we form ideas resonating at the particular level using that logos as something like a template.

Is there a resource somewhere then with in-depth commentary on each density that can then be extrapolated to sub-desnity patterns seen within one's own 3D progression. I've seen this basic explanation:

Quote:The Logoi create a progression through seven levels of spiritual evolution, called "densities."
The first density is the density of dead matter.
The second density is the density of organic life: plants, animals, bacteria, etc.
The third density is the density which human beings inhabit. It is the density of self-awareness.
The fourth density, like all subsequent densities, is inhabited by mind/body/spirit complexes of a higher level of spiritual evolution than human beings. The fourth density is the density of love.
The fifth density is the density of light or wisdom.
The sixth density is the density of unity.
The seventh density is the gateway density, the last density before mind/body/spirit complexes merge back into the Creator.
The eighth density is the beginning of the next octave.

The sub-density patterns of mind were shown in developmental psychology and later in Spiral Dynamics.

(02-05-2012, 04:55 PM)Ecz Wrote: [ -> ]But I would have a hard time seeing "density of unity" then getting to "Oh, that sub-density must be when I will meet my self and address my fears." How can I then, better understand these?
The 3D subdensities are really only vague analogs of the larger octave densities. And knowing what types of valuing generally manifest here for each subdensity can't really be used as that kind of a map unless you, yourself have gone through it. Otherwise, it would be meaningless. It is useful to understand where people are "at" so that their valuing needs can be provided for in a healthy manner. The book "Boomeritis" talks about how post-modern development can also be unhealthy.

(02-05-2012, 04:55 PM)Ecz Wrote: [ -> ]Also, is Logos synonymous with Density?
The densities are aspects of the Logos. Through the blueprint that the Logos provides, we eventually learn about our common nature.

(02-04-2012, 11:29 AM)Ecz Wrote: [ -> ]I felt as if maintaining my patience with people was outlined for me to pay more attention to.

The catalyst you describe here is what might be termed as "negative," and your reaction was "positive." So, by responding in a way that included consideration to the other-self and not just reacting with the self's concerns, you have created and experienced a major step in growth.

We draw to ourselves, or become aware of, situations that bring to the surface of our awareness our own imbalances. Perhaps you were very sensitive as a designer to criticism (I used to be an illustrator and was presented with many opportunities to react to clients, until I got it that my objectivity rewarded with better relationships and a better product). Whatever you attracted to yourself in this situation, you dealt with it in a positive, proactive way, and were rewarded with a beautiful outcome.

Congratulations.