Bring4th

Full Version: mustard flower essence for depression
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
mustard flower essence in the bach flower essences is a specific essence for depression. this is the description from the bach web site for mustard.

"Those who are liable to times of gloom or even despair, as though a cold dark cloud overshadowed them and hid the light and the joy of life. It may not be possible to give any reason or explanation for such attacks. Under these conditions it is almost impossible to appear happy or cheerful." - Dr. Edward Bach

this is certainly not the only bach essence for depression but it seems to me to be the primary one

norral Heart
Is there a study to back this up? I've heard good things about St.John's Wort. Talking about your feelings to people you trust like friends, family or a psychologist help too but the most consistently helpful thing I know of is antidepressants like Cipralex.
hi turtledude

i have never really searched for any studies. i have used the essences my self and they have worked for me and they seem to have also worked for many others. what i like about them is that they dont seem to have any side effects. many of the anti-depressive drugs seem to have some powerful side effects . heres a link to an interesting comment on mustard flower essences.

http://www.flowersociety.org/aaron-anderson.htm
I don't know about studies, but have fought depression much of my adult life. The Bach remedies have been helpful to me in the past, as has the St. John's Wort (I wouldn't mix the two, though). The thing that has been the most helpful to me is sunshine! Oddly enough, living in Texas, I suffered so terribly from outdoor allergies that I spent a great deal of time indoors and probably didn't get enough sunshine, and consequently not enough Vitamin D. Now that I live in a colder climate, I find myself spending much more time outdoors, and have added light therapy and a Vitamin D supplement durning those times I can't get outside.

The second thing that has been of great benefit to me in my fight against depression is exercise! I have a treadmill in my home office and try to spend at least 15 minutes a day walking. Even that minimal amount of physical activity helps tremendously!

Love and light to you both!
(02-05-2012, 02:33 PM)Ruth Wrote: [ -> ]The second thing that has been of great benefit to me in my fight against depression is exercise! I have a treadmill in my home office and try to spend at least 15 minutes a day walking. Even that minimal amount of physical activity helps tremendously!

yes to this!

I used to have an indoor bike/orbital/treadmill thingy, and just 5 minutes on that thing will destroy you!

it looks like this:

[Image: awmAS.jpg]

it's all rusted now, since I left it outdoors for too long. :-/
thanks Norral.