Bring4th

Full Version: what the heck is Polarization anyway?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
- -

there are a 104 mentions of the word Polarization in the Ra Material:

http://www.lawofone.info/results.php?sea...e=all&ss=1

yet, there does not seem to be a clear definition of what it might be.

- -

let us try a concrete example. Ra talks often about the 51% STO polarization to be harvestable from a 3rd Density Planet.

if one is 51% STO, what is the rest of it? Is the 49%

a) unpolarised
b) a mixture of unpolarised, and STS
c) all STS

I think most people would lean towards b), but I won't presume an answer for you.

- -

let's look at some Ra examples:

Quote:16.9 Questioner: If the Orion group was able to land, would this increase their polarization? What I am trying to get at is, is it better for them to work behind the scenes to get recruits, shall we say, from our planet, the person from our planet going strictly on his own using free will, or is it just as good for the Orion group to land on our planet and demonstrate remarkable powers and get people like that?

Ra: I am Ra. This first instance is, in the long run, shall we put it, more salubrious for the Orion group in that it does not infringe upon the Law of One by landing and, thus, does its work through those of this planet. In the second circumstance, a mass landing would create a loss of polarization due to the infringement upon the free will of the planet. However, it would be a gamble. If the planet were then conquered and became part of the Empire, the free will would then be re-established. This is restrained in action due to the desire of the Orion group to progress towards the One Creator. This desire to progress inhibits the group from breaking the Law of Confusion.

so in this case, infringing Free Will causes a loss in polarization. So even STS entities MUST RESPECT the First Distortion. Interesting.

- -

Quote:Ra: I am Ra. The negative polarization is greatly aided by the subjugation or enslavement of other-selves. The potential between two negatively polarized entities is such that the entity which enslaves the other or bids the other gains in negative polarity.

The entity so bidden or enslaved, in serving an other-self, will necessarily lose negative polarity although it will gain in desire for further negative polarization. This desire will then tend to create opportunities to regain negative polarity.

in this case here, it looks very much like STS structures are hierarchical in nature; much like the structure of an army with the soldiers/grunts at the bottom, and the generals at the top. A pyramid scheme, with the highest polarization at the top.

- -

and apologies for the STS examples. Ra often mentions them in respect to 'losing polarity', especially in the case of the 5th Density visitor that was trying to destroy/de-activate Carla. In that case, the unsuccessful attempts led to loss in polarity.

So how does one gain or lose polarity?

- -

in my own life, I might think STS thoughts, but I don't believe that this increases STS Polarization. I think polarization entails more than just thoughts, it means taking successful ACTION based on those thoughts.

would this be fair to say, that:

a STO/STS thought + a successful action based on that thought = increase in polarization?

- -

Ra throws in this tidbit regards polarizing in your dreams:

Quote:As a mind/body/spirit complex consciously chooses the path of the adept and, with each energy balanced to a minimal degree, begins to open the indigo-ray energy center the so-called dreaming becomes the most efficient tool for polarization, for, if it is known by the adept that work may be done in consciousness while the so-called conscious mind rests, this adept may call upon those which guide it, those presences which surround it, and, most of all, the magical personality which is the Higher Self in space/time analog as it moves into the sleeping mode of consciousness. With these affirmations attended to, the activity of dreaming reaches that potential of learn/teaching which is most helpful to increasing the distortions of the adept towards its chosen polarity.

which references 'work', which I take to be playing out successful scenarios in consciousness.

- -

what are your thoughts? this seems like quite a core question.

I'd say you answered your own question:

Quote:in my own life, I might think STS thoughts, but I don't believe that this increases STS Polarization. I think polarization entails more than just thoughts, it means taking successful ACTION based on those thoughts.

a STO/STS thought + a successful action based on that thought = increase in polarization

I used to think that thoughts themselves added or subtracted to polarization before, and did well to 'guard the sense doors' and always tried to prevent unwholesome, unskillful, negative states of mind from arising, erase them if they did, and trying to avoid dwelling on them for too long.

If simply having a thought arise determined you increase in STS/STO that would be pretty messed up. No, it rests on the deeds you perform and the words you utter; before either can be done, your volition (intention behind actions) and initial thought needs to be in order. Contemplating upon negativity and understanding it allows you to recognize why it shouldn't be acted upon and its polar opposite. By doing this you prevent yourself from acting from an unskillful place and subsequently, STS polarization becomes close to impossible (assuming STO is what you wish to refine yourself in).

We're all still human and are still prone to thoughts and emotions beyond love, even if that may be our prime focus. Just by making the effort to correct our thoughts and intentions so our words and deeds may be reflective of your desire to become more positive I would believe that you are making progress, and just from the attempt at that.
What the heck the polarization is, is a good question, as Ra themselves had difficulties with that choice in their third density experience. If one of course equals choice with polarization. Giving a thought to that, I might say that the polarization is perhaps some kind of pro-longing of that choice making. Now, third density is the density of choice. You need to make your choice. Wanderers coming here have already made that choice ages ago. Now they are refining it, by among many, many other things, coming here. So we need to polarize.... Huh?

I can't grasp the spiritual understanding of polarization other than to see others, self and everything around as the Creator. That activates the green center, which in turn gives an automatic desire to serve other selves. But this understanding is based on my current third density experience.

My logical/intellectual understanding of what polarization is, is that third density is the density of calling. Also each time some one dies, there has to be someone in time/space who is embracing this person, gives it support, love and healing while reviewing the incarnation, someone who will be there for this person till the next incarnation in space/time is chosen and in process. While someone is incarnated in third density space/time there are also guides and other presences who are there to aid that individual.

Moving on, fourth density need fifth density teachers/learners, fifth density sixth density teach/learners, and so on, and so on. I guess that as we are One, we are all co-dependant of each other, at least in this great octave. Without entities who would be in service to others, how would this octave work..?

(02-05-2012, 01:48 PM)plenum Wrote: [ -> ]So how does one gain or lose polarity?

You were speaking of the first distortion, and my understanding of this distortion in regards to positive polarization is that as each is the intelligent infinity trying to know itself, it is of absolute importance to not disturbe this process, as it would loose it's meaning/purpose. The STS entities would of course gladly infringe upon Free Will, but they too have some rules that they need to follow in order to proceed towards One Infinite Creator, which is of course very interesting in terms of how come that they do not recognizing the intelligent infinity in others but still respects some basic rules, but I choose not to ponder that right now. So, if you are polarizing positively, you need to always respect this first distortion and have faith that the intelligent infinity already knows itself, but of course when called upon - you serve.

plenum Wrote:in my own life, I might think STS thoughts, but I don't believe that this increases STS Polarization. I think polarization entails more than just thoughts, it means taking successful ACTION based on those thoughts.

a STO/STS thought + a successful action based on that thought = increase in polarization?

I don't think that STS/STO thoughts have anything to do with actual polarization. They are great tools though. For instance, polarizing either way you will still have occuring thoughts of either this or that path. It is what you do with these thoughts, in my opinion or understanding, that increases/decreases your polarization. But it does not necessarily has something to do with action. The below quote may go into the parallel discussion of what catalyst is, in this forum, but I think that it has also to do with the polarization:

session 46:14 Wrote:This experience in your density may be loved and accepted or it may be controlled. These are the two paths. When neither path is chosen the catalyst fails in its design and the entity proceeds until catalyst strikes it which causes it to form a bias towards acceptance and love or separation and control.

There are other quotes in abundance that has to do with what to do with everything that comes up in the self. But my point is that the work in consciousness, which is the work done in third density, has to do with the chosen polarity. If one to polarize positively then one needs to accept and love the catalyst, the thought or whatever that comes up. This is the "action" that I think is important, the conscious work.

plenum Wrote:Ra throws in this tidbit regards polarizing in your dreams:

Quote:As a mind/body/spirit complex consciously chooses the path of the adept and, with each energy balanced to a minimal degree, begins to open the indigo-ray energy center the so-called dreaming becomes the most efficient tool for polarization, for, if it is known by the adept that work may be done in consciousness while the so-called conscious mind rests, this adept may call upon those which guide it, those presences which surround it, and, most of all, the magical personality which is the Higher Self in space/time analog as it moves into the sleeping mode of consciousness. With these affirmations attended to, the activity of dreaming reaches that potential of learn/teaching which is most helpful to increasing the distortions of the adept towards its chosen polarity.

This was a very interesting quote. Thanks!

The thing that I found of interest, was either something Ra said, or Q'uo. I can't seem to find it for the moment, but it was something with consciously using one's *will* to polarize. What I could find for now is this:

session 100:3 Wrote:As has been previously noted, the instrument has the propensity for attempting to exceed its limits. If one considers the metaphysical or time/space aspect of an incarnation, this is a fortunate and efficient use of catalyst as the will is constantly being strengthened and, further, if the limitations are exceeded in the service of others the polarization is also most efficient.

And then there is this:

session 36:11 Wrote:Each path of life experience is unique. However, given the polarization, the will is greatly enhanced and visa-versa.

So one can *will* itself into the chosen polarization...?

Then when I am reading the below quote, I understand it as the will of being in service to others is what polarization is about (in regards to what the heck polarization is):

session 67:7 Wrote:The usual attempts upon positively oriented entities or groups of entities are made, as we have said, by minions of the fifth-density Orion leaders; these are fourth-density. The normal gambit of such fourth-density attack is the tempting of the entity or group of entities away from total polarization towards service-to-others and toward the aggrandizement of self or of social organizations with which the self identifies. In the case of this particular group each was given a full range of temptations to cease being of service to each other and to the One Infinite Creator. Each entity declined these choices and instead continued with no significant deviation from the desire for a purely other-self service orientation. At this point one of the fifth-density entities over-seeing such detuning processes determined that it would be necessary to terminate the group by what you might call magical means, as you understand ritual magic.

The group was attacked by fourth density offers of temptations to cease being of service to each other and to the One Infinite Creator, which was declined: so the continuation of pure service to other selves and the One Infinite Creator, is what STO polarization is about, yes?

Cyan

There are two paths and one way.

The path of Many becoming One.

The path of One becoming Many.

and The best Way (that which feels best for you).

My view.

EDIT: To clarify, Polarity is the proccess through which you, as an individual is shaken from one end of the scale to another. To see where you will settle on the scale and then you are given a world with those conditions to play in. Thus make choices and live your life as you want.
My cents on this matter:

I believe that "thinking" about something and "doing it" is NOT two different things.
For example, in my daily routine, I am thinking more than I am "doing" in this incarnation. My work, my hobby, everything is in my mind, I do it with my mind. Thinking is my way of acting. If thinking is your way of acting too, if you just think that you love everyone and you increase the polarization of the planet just by doing that. If you believe it so.

If you think that just thinking is not enough, of course: then it will not be enough by definition.
Also, your acting reflects your state of being. If you think something, and act differently, then there is the inner "beasts" to tame, inner fights to win (or to lose! very important!).

Losing polarity for an "STS" view means they increase the positive polarity, therefore being less negatively polarized.

Regardless, I do not really harmonize with the STS/STO worldview, it is just that if everything is connected, eventually it will mean the same thing. Doing "good" for all there is. How could one ever do wrong?

Meerie

I had an idea the other day, re the 51 % STO in order to polarize positively.
Imo, if you serve others as much as you serve yourself it will suffice.
50 : 50
the universe is slightly balanced to the positive side, and will provide the missing 1 %.
Just my own personal two cents.
(I am thinking of the famous saying "treat others as you wish to be treated" and would add
"treat others and yourself as you would wish to be treated")
(02-06-2012, 10:17 AM)Oldern Wrote: [ -> ]My cents on this matter:

I believe that "thinking" about something and "doing it" is NOT two different things.
For example, in my daily routine, I am thinking more than I am "doing" in this incarnation. My work, my hobby, everything is in my mind, I do it with my mind. Thinking is my way of acting. If thinking is your way of acting too, if you just think that you love everyone and you increase the polarization of the planet just by doing that. If you believe it so.

If you think that just thinking is not enough, of course: then it will not be enough by definition.
Also, your acting reflects your state of being. If you think something, and act differently, then there is the inner "beasts" to tame, inner fights to win (or to lose! very important!).

There is thinking, and then there is the subconscious. You may think things all you want, but when presented with catalyst (and you must be out of your own head to be aware of catalyst), your subconscious beliefs, programmings, and reactions will surface.

To bring your subconsciousness and consciousness into alignment, you must get out of your head once in a while. This is true for me anyway. I am a writer and entrepreneur, and spend a lot of time alone in my controlled home environment. It is very easy for me to think cosmic, loving, evolved thoughts in that environment. But when I go out in public and rub up against all kinds of catalyst in the form of people and situations, I find myself being put to the test--it is not so easy then.
I was wondering, can every single action possible be split up into either STS or STO polarization-causing actions, or are the only circumstances where one polarizes towards either polarity limited to only those situations where interaction between the self and other-selves are involved?

For instance, 3 people are hanging out together. One friend sees that the friend who owns the house they're at spilled some liquid, he offers to help without hesitation. The other friend takes this opportunity to take $20 out of the preoccupied friend's wallet. In this example, the friend who offered help would gain STO polarization; the friend who acted deceivingly and saw little enough value in his friend to steal from him would gain STS polarization, and the friend who spilled his drink and is now cleaning it, I assume would not polarize either way? So actions that do not involve you having to choose options of how you interact with others (like making the decision to go take a walk or smoke a joint) wouldn't cause you to polarize, but if by taking that walk you're doing so in order to avoid having to help someone who asked you for help or if buying/smoking that joint means you're using money that was supposed to buy food for someone to get that you'd be serving yourself? Or would you just lose STO polarization?

(02-06-2012, 12:17 PM)godwide_void Wrote: [ -> ]I was wondering, can every single action possible be split up into either STS or STO polarization-causing actions, or are the only circumstances where one polarizes towards either polarity limited to only those situations where interaction between the self and other-selves are involved?

yes, this is most perceptive GV. I think I agree with your principle, and the example that you have given.

Efffective polarization is an interaction between the Self and the Other-Self; it is the development and understanding of that relationship (ie STO in loving the Other-Self as oneself, the STS in continuing to treat the Other-Self as non-self).

I think Ra brings in some terminology here:

the manifest self - when one interacts with another being
the unmanifest self - when one is sitting in one's room thinking awesome thoughts

Quote:71.5 The activities of meditation, contemplation, and what may be called the internal balancing of thoughts and reactions are those activities of the unmanifested self more closely aligned with the metaphysical self.

and Ra also talks about Wanderers coming back to 3rd Density to INCREASE their polarization

Quote:52.9 The Wanderer, if it remembers and dedicates itself to service, will polarize much more rapidly than is possible in the far more etiolated realms of higher density catalyst.

this is consistent with your assertion or premise that one needs to have the veil/illusion of separateness to develop the sense of Service-to-Others, because the 'other' is much more real and 'separate' in this density.

if all is seen and known as One in higher densities, there is a more difficult grasping of the concept of 'other'. In 3d it is most real.

(02-06-2012, 08:23 AM)Ankh Wrote: [ -> ]The thing that I found of interest, was either something Ra said, or Q'uo. I can't seem to find it for the moment, but it was something with consciously using one's *will* to polarize.

Found it!!

session 52:7 Wrote:Acceptance of self, forgiveness of self, and the direction of the will; this is the path towards the disciplined personality. Your faculty of will is that which is powerful within you as co-Creator. You cannot ascribe to this faculty too much importance. Thus it must be carefully used and directed in service-to-others for those upon the positively oriented path.

There is great danger in the use of the will as the personality becomes stronger, for it may be used even subconsciously in ways reducing the polarity of the entity.

3DMonkey

whoa!

he's BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3DMonkey

And this tends to come to mind when this question is brought up:

Quote:100.4 Questioner: Thank you. To continue with the tarot, I would like to make the additional observation with respect to Card Number Six that with the male’s arms being crossed, if the female to his right pulls on his left hand it would turn his entire body and the same is true for the female on the left pulling on his right hand from the other side. This is my interpretation of what is meant by the tangle of the arms. The transformation, then, occurs by the pull which tends to turn the entity toward the left or the right-hand path. Would Ra comment on that observation?
Ra: I am Ra. We shall. The concept of the pull towards mental polarity may well be examined in the light of what the student has already accreted concerning the nature of the conscious, exemplified by the male, and the unconscious, exemplified by the female. Indeed, both the prostituted and the virginal deep mind invite and await the reaching.

In this image of Transformation of Mind, then, each of the females points the way it would go, but is not able to move, nor are the two female entities striving to do so. They are at rest. The conscious entity holds both and will turn itself one way or the other or, potentially, backwards and forwards, rocking first one way then the other and not achieving the transformation. In order for the Transformation of Mind to occur, one principle governing the use of the deep mind must be abandoned.

As for polarization, I experienced a transition of thinking- rather that taking my self as a whole, viewing each moment as a potentially polarizing moment. In other words, it's not about accumulation, but about the use of "all" (mind/body/spirit) in that moment to apply one direction or the other. That's the choice, I think.
(02-06-2012, 12:39 PM)plenum Wrote: [ -> ]I think Ra brings in some terminology here:

the manifest self - when one interacts with another being
the unmanifest self - when one is sitting in one's room thinking awesome thoughts

Quote:71.5 The activities of meditation, contemplation, and what may be called the internal balancing of thoughts and reactions are those activities of the unmanifested self more closely aligned with the metaphysical self.

The manifest/unmanifested self terms make perfect sense and I see how they are co-dependent on one another. The thoughts the unmanifested self thinks lead to the actions the manifested self executes, and from those actions executed the corresponding reality is created, and that reality created by the manifested self will lead to the formation of mental constructs (feelings/emotions, perspectives, biases, thoughts in general) by the unmanifested self, which in turn will lead to further action by the manifested self determined by the thoughts created from the previous interaction between the two, which will perpetually continue in a loop of each sustaining the existence of the other!

Quote:and Ra also talks about Wanderers coming back to 3rd Density to INCREASE their polarization

Quote:52.9 The Wanderer, if it remembers and dedicates itself to service, will polarize much more rapidly than is possible in the far more etiolated realms of higher density catalyst.

this is consistent with your assertion or premise that one needs to have the veil/illusion of separateness to develop the sense of Service-to-Others, because the 'other' is much more real and 'separate' in this density.

if all is seen and known as One in higher densities, there is a more difficult grasping of the concept of 'other'. In 3d it is most real.

Precisely! Everyone looks, acts, thinks and feels differently but it needs to be recognized that it is just one being wearing different masks present in every interaction. I try to see every post I read here as the literal channeled words of the Creator through different "nodes"; it's probably alot easier for us to view each other as one being considering the fact that we are simply exchanging our thoughts with no semblance of appearance attached to these words through this internet forum. Face to face however, the illusion of separation would be a bit more difficult to breakdown but managing that I presume is a great step in the right direction. Smile
(02-06-2012, 12:48 PM)Ankh Wrote: [ -> ]
session 52:7 Wrote:Acceptance of self, forgiveness of self, and the direction of the will; this is the path towards the disciplined personality. Your faculty of will is that which is powerful within you as co-Creator. You cannot ascribe to this faculty too much importance. Thus it must be carefully used and directed in service-to-others for those upon the positively oriented path.

There is great danger in the use of the will as the personality becomes stronger, for it may be used even subconsciously in ways reducing the polarity of the entity.

The use of the Will to polarize positively...the disciplined personality...great thoughts!

Can I add in the idea of using visualization to polarize positively? Here's a tidbit from Ra

49.8 "Questioner: Is it better, or shall I say, does it produce more useable results in meditation to leave the mind as blank as possible and let it run down, so to speak, or is it better to focus in meditation on some object or some thing for concentration?
Ra: I am Ra. This shall be the last full query of this work time.

Each of the two types of meditation is useful for a particular reason. The passive meditation involving the clearing of the mind, the emptying of the mental jumble which is characteristic of mind complex activity among your peoples, is efficacious for those whose goal is to achieve an inner silence as a base from which to listen to the Creator. This is an useful and helpful tool and is by far the most generally useful type of meditation as opposed to contemplation or prayer.

The type of meditation which may be called visualization has as its goal not that which is contained in the meditation itself. Visualization is the tool of the adept. Those who learn to hold visual images in mind are developing an inner concentrative power that can transcend boredom and discomfort. When this ability has become crystallized in an adept the adept may then do polarizing in consciousness without external action which can affect the planetary consciousness. This is the reason for the existence of the so-called White Magician. Only those wishing to pursue the conscious raising of planetary vibration will find visualization to be a particularly satisfying type of meditation.

Contemplation or the consideration in a meditative state of an inspiring image or text is extremely useful also among your peoples, and the faculty of will called praying is also of a potentially helpful nature. Whether it is indeed an helpful activity depends quite totally upon the intentions and objects of the one who prays."

Fun stuff, eh?Smile

So I'd have to lean towards the "thoughts count" side, but only for some--those who are really adepts beyond the veil and who are just here "wandering" around, for example. Quick thoughts may not cause any depolarization, but they can sometimes turn to brooding, and brooding could have some depolarizing effects.

If any of you have Dion Fortune's Psychic Self-Defense, look on page 38-39 or here is a quote from that text (PLEASE disregard if this bothers you--and moderators, please pull this post if you feel it gets off track or if I'm not supposed to bring in non-LOO sources. Here's the quote:

"The artificial elemental is constructed by forming a clear-cut image in the imagination of the creature it is intended to create, ensouling it with something of the corresponding aspect of one's own being, and then invoking into it the appropriate natural force. This method can be used for good as well as evil, and "guardian angels" are formed in this way. It is said that dying women, anxious concerning the welfare of their children, frequently form them unconsciously.

I myself once had an exceedingly nasty experience in which I formulated a were-wolf accidentally. Unpleasant as the incident was, I think it may be just as well to give it publicity, for it shows what may happen when an insufficiently disciplined and purified nature is handling occult forces.

I had received serious injury from someone who, at considerable cost to myself, I had disinterestedly helped, and I was sorely tempted to retaliate. Lying on my bed resting one afternoon, I was brooding over my resentment, and while sobrooding, drifted towards the borders of sleep. There came to my mind the thought of casting off all restraints and going berserk. The ancient Nordic myths rose before me, and I thought of Fenris, the Wolf-horror of the North. Immediately I felt a curious drawing-out sensation from my solar plexus, and there materialised beside me on the bed a large wolf. It was a well-materialised ectoplasmic form. Like Z., it was grey and colourless, and like him, it had weight. I could distinctly feel its back pressing against me as it lay beside me on the bed as a large dog might.

I knew nothing about the art of making elementals at that time, but had accidentally stumbled upon the right method - the brooding highly charged with emotion, the invocation of the appropriate natural force, and the condition between sleeping and waking in which the etheric double readily extrudes.

I was horrified at what I had done, and knew I was in a tight corner and that everything depended upon my keeping my head. I had had enough experience of practical occultism to know that the thing I had called into visible manifestation could be controlled by my will provided I did not panic; but that if I lost my nerve and it got the upper hand, I had a Frankenstein monster to cope with.

I stirred slightly, and the creature evidently objected to being disturbed, for it turned its long snout towards me over its shoulder, and snarled, showing its teeth. I had now "got the wind up" properly; but I knew that everything depended on my getting the upper hand and keeping it, and that the best thing I could do was to fight it out now, because the longer the Thing remained in existence, the stronger it would get, and the more difficult to disintegrate. So I drove my elbow into its hairy ectoplasmic ribs and said to it out loud:

"If you can't behave yourself, you will have to go on the floor," and pushed it off the bed.

Down it went, meek as a lamb, and changed from wolf to dog, to my great relief. Then the northern corner of the room appeared to fade away, and the creature went out through the gap.

I was far from happy, however, for I had a feeling that this was not the end of it, and my feeling was confirmed when next morning another member of my household reported that her sleep had been disturbed by dreams of wolves, and she had awakened in the night to see the eyes of a wild animal shining in the darkness in the corner of her room.

Now thoroughly alarmed, I went off to seek advice from one whom I have always looked upon as my teacher, and I was told that I had made this Thing out of my own substance by revengeful thoughts, and that it was really a part of myself extruded, and that I must at all costs recall it and reabsorb it into myself, at the same time forgoing my desire to"settle accounts" with the person who had injured me. Curiously enough, just at this time there came an opportunity most effectually to "settle" with my antagonist.

Fortunately for all concerned, I had enough sense left to see that I was at the dividing of the ways, and if I were not careful would take the first step on to the Left-hand Path. If I availed myself of the opportunity to give practical expression to my resentment, the wolf-form would be born into an independent existence, and there would be the devil to pay, literally as well as metaphorically. I received the distinct impression, and impressions are important things in psychic matters, for they often represent subconscious knowledge and experience, that once the wolf-impulse had found expression in action, the wolf-form would sever the psychic navel-cord that connected it with my solar plexus, and it would be no longer possible for me to absorb it.

The prospect was not a pleasant one. I had to forgo my dearly-loved revenge and allow harm to be done to me without defending myself, and I also had to summon and absorb a wolf-form which, to my psychic consciousness at any rate, looked unpleasantly tangible. Nor was it a situation in which I could either ask for assistance nor expect much sympathy. However, it had to be faced, and I knew that with every hour of the Thing's existence it would be harder to deal with, so I made the resolution to let the opportunity for revenge slip through my fingers, and at first dusk summoned the Creature. It came in through the northern corner of the room again (subsequently I learnt that the north was considered among the ancients as the evil quarter), and presented itself upon the hearthrug in quite a mild and domesticated mood. I obtained an excellent materialisation in the half-light, and could have sworn that a big Alsatian was standing there looking at me. It was tangible, even to the dog-like odour.

From it to me stretched a shadowy line of ectoplasm, one end was attached to my solar plexus, and the other disappeared in the shaggy fur of its belly, but I could not see the actual point of attachment. I began by an effort of the will and imagination to draw the life out of it along this silver cord, as if sucking lemonade up a straw. The wolf-form began to fade, the cord thickened and grew more substantial. A violent emotional upheaval started in myself; I felt themost furious impulses to go berserk and rend and tear anything and anybody that came to hand, like the Malay running amok. I conquered this impulse with an effort, and the upheaval subsided. The wolf-form had now faded into a shapeless grey mist. This too absorbed along the silver cord. The tension relaxed and I found myself bathed inperspiration. That, as far as I know, was the end of the incident.

I had had a sharp lesson, and a highly instructive one. It may not be convincing to other people, owing to the lack of corroborative evidence, but it was exceedingly evidential to me, and I put it on record for what it is worth to those who, having personal knowledge of these things, can see its significance.

It is a curious point that, during the brief twenty-four hours of the Thing's life, the opportunity for an effectual vengeance presented itself." --Dion Fortune

Sorry if this is "scary"...Again, I'll delete it if anyone wants me to.

But also on the subject of thoughts...Here's a great "prayer/affirmation" I learned when I was a child (from The Rosicrucian Fellowship in Oceanside, CA)

Today I will think good thoughts.
I will do only good deeds.
I shall be kind to every living thing.
My heart will then be pure as a white rose,
And I shall see God in everything.

HeartHeartHeart

Wow, that was a very interesting story/experience. I have had my own experiences to deal with, but nothing that powerful. I've had the sensation of touch for something I was manifesting, but never got to the point of being visible. I guess it's good I hadn't manifested anything physical, as I don't have the mind to be able to keep the manifestation together.
(02-05-2012, 01:48 PM)plenum Wrote: [ -> ]- -

there are a 104 mentions of the word Polarization in the Ra Material:

http://www.lawofone.info/results.php?sea...e=all&ss=1

yet, there does not seem to be a clear definition of what it might be.

I saw this quote from your STS/STO metaphors thread, and want to add it here, as it explains a bit about polarization.

Session 16:29 Wrote:Questioner: I would like to make an analogy as to why there are fewer negatively oriented, and then ask you if the analogy is good.

In a positively oriented society with service to others, it would be simple to move a large boulder by getting everyone to help move it. In a society oriented towards service to self, it would be much more difficult to get everyone to work for the good of all to move the boulder; therefore, it is much easier to get things done to create the service to others principle and to grow in positively oriented communities than in negatively oriented communities. Is this correct?

Ra: I am Ra. This is correct.

Then I want to add some quotes from that Time Lateral thread. It is Q'uo speaking, and not Ra, and since this is Strictly Law of One sub-forum, I apologize for these quotes, but I think that they may add to the question "what the heck is Polarization anyway"?

"What the heck is positive polarization anyway":

Q'uo, session 20051219 Wrote:The time lateral experiment, which is your planetary school of learning, was crafted by us with tremendous creativity, love and caring.

The intentions of all of those involved in the creation and maintenance of this planet in its special circumstances is a very good example of the kind of beauty that social memory complexes might create if they have chosen as their role the guardianship of a space/time continuum such as that of your solar system.

Same session with Q'uo Wrote:Because of the energies of groups such as yours and many others across your planetary sphere, the ability of this shunt or time lateral to maintain traffic across the normal boundaries of your solar system’s and your planet’s development [has been enhanced.]

There have been energies which have been called forth amongst many of those upon your planet who have been inspired to help in the goal of maintaining the openness of this reconnection point which this instrument feels comfortable calling a bridge.

Same session Wrote:This is to say that, by the energies of unconditional love which are generated by the prayers, meditations and visualizations of groups such as this one, the bridge or reconnection point has been maintained for those who would wish to awaken and make their choice of polarity by the date which has been set as the last possible date to keep this connection point open, which, as we have said before and still find to be true, is the date of the winter solstice of the year 2012.

This cannot be said to be precise.

Same sassion Wrote:The more traffic upon that bridge and the more guardians who stand watch along the bridge, holding and anchoring the incoming light of fourth density on the one hand, and acknowledging, honoring and blessing the waning light of third density on the other hand, the fuller the harvest may be. This is the entire core of the exercise of creating this time lateral.

"What the heck is negative polarization anyway":

Same session Wrote:On the other hand, you have opportunistic entities of a negative polarity from fifth density who have discovered that there is a characteristic of this planet which is unusual and of which they may take advantage. They are busily doing that and have been doing so for some of your time.

Same session Wrote:For if entities such as your group are unable to clear the population of your planet from this lateral, there are ways in which the negatively-oriented entities have every hope of keeping the time lateral viable. It would no longer be attached to the main track.

Same session Wrote:What the fifth-density entities, which you may call, as this instrument has jokingly done, “space pirates,” have in mind is simply to have a continuing harvest of food, that food being fear. You may see [the creation of an atmosphere of fear] in your governmental systems in your present culture.

Same session Wrote:There is in progress a desperate gamble on the part of negative entities, as we had mentioned before, to attempt to hijack the time lateral.

Same session Wrote:The best help the negative entities have, however, is not negative entities as much as it is the deep sleep of those who are unawakened at this time. It is to the interest of the negative entities that that sleep be continued as untroubled and peaceful as possible.

As I see it, the distinction becomes more and more clear, more or less at least, of what positive and negative polarization is about. As I said in the first post in this thread, this octave would probably not work if it was not for entities being in service to others.

The details are of course also interesting. This was just a little bit bigger picture. One detail that I found of interest in that Q'uo session was following:

Q'uo Wrote:This pattern of exclusion and manipulation of entities considered as lesser is the initial point of departure from service-to-others polarity.

It's our choice now, to choose, to polarize, and there is still some time left, thanks to our fifth density *positively* polarized brothers and sisters of Confederation. Thank you. Heart

Meerie

From session 93.3:

"Questioner: Thank you. You have stated previously that the foundation of our present illusion is the concept of polarity. I would like to ask, since we have defined the two polarities as service-to-others and service-to-self, is there a more complete or eloquent or enlightening definition of these polarities or any more information that we don’t have at this time that you could give on the two ends of the poles that would give us a better insight into the nature of polarity itself?

Ra: I am Ra. It is unlikely that there is a more pithy or eloquent description of the polarities of third density than service-to-others and service-to-self due to the nature of the mind/body/spirit complexes’ distortions towards perceiving concepts relating to philosophy in terms of ethics or activity. However, we might consider the polarities using slightly variant terms. In this way a possible enrichment of insight might be achieved for some.

One might consider the polarities with the literal nature enjoyed by the physical polarity of the magnet. The negative and positive, with electrical characteristics, may be seen to be just as in the physical sense. It is to be noted in this context that it is quite impossible to judge the polarity of an act or an entity, just as it is impossible to judge the relative goodness of the negative and positive poles of the magnet."

It is unlikely that there is a more pithy or eloquent description of the polarities of third density than service-to-others and service-to-self due to the nature of the mind/body/spirit complexes’ distortions towards perceiving concepts relating to philosophy in terms of ethics or activity. <- Ra!!! you seem to be such a cool guy. But why do you always talk complicated like this? Sad

Basically, what he seems to be implying here, is that we cannot ever know how polarized we are, and if we are STO or STS at all.

...which seems to be in line with the other famous Ra quote
"understanding is not of this density"
That's it, folks.
Let's shut down the Strictly Law of One forum and have a beer Smile
"The Significator of the Spirit is that living entity which either radiates or absorbs the love and the light of the One Infinite Creator, radiates it to others or absorbs it for the self." I'd say that's the best one.

"The green ray is one of complete universality of love. This is a giving without expectation of return."

"You may note that the hands of the central image indicate the appropriate bias for right and left-hand working; that is, the right hand gestures in service-to-others, offering its light outward. The left hand attempts to absorb the power of the spirit and point it for its use alone."

"Another method of viewing polarities might involve the concept of radiation/absorption. That which is positive is radiant; that which is negative is absorbent."

"The first attempt is the cornerstone. Upon this choosing rests the remainder of the life-experience of an entity. The second seeking of love within the moment begins the addition. The third seeking empowers the second, the fourth powering or doubling the third. As with the previous type of empowerment, there will be some loss of power due to flaws within the seeking in the distortion of insincerity. However, the conscious statement of self to self of the desire to seek love is so central an act of will that, as before, the loss of power due to this friction is inconsequential." Notice they are trying to paint the image of building a pyramid with the cornerstone reference.

It's also said that the square is the device upon the breast of the actor. Each layer of the pyramid forms a square. As you move up, you could view each layer as condensing and merging with others, or a hierarchy of power. The capstone would represent the infinite whole. You either gather that energy within your green ray and point the pyramid outwards ("Love uses light and has the power to direct light in its distortions."), or direct all energy inwardly.

Shin'Ar

Every action requires a reaction, every force requires an opposing force. This created the polarities from the first infinite second of existence and is symbolized and realized in the human psyche as the Infinite Spirit and the Serpent Goddess being those two forces both separating away from the One, and returning back to it as One. The Ouroboros. the circle. Divine and sacred to us because of its expression of origin.
Looks like a post I made on another thread yesterday would go really well here! BigSmile

Quote:I read somewhere (I believe it was a post on these forums) that defined polarity as "the ability to do work in consciousness". This definition helped me to understand it better. Also, the dictionary definition of polarity (the one that closely matches the spiritual concept) is "A state, or the production of a state, in which rays of light or similar radiation exhibit different properties in different directions." So in other words, a polarized lens (you) will refract/distort or make use of an increasingly larger percentage of light coming through the sun.

So, here's my working theory. You could say that polarity is the amount of self discovered/developed from the unconscious mind (unmanifested self) and utilized towards service in one direction or the other. If one's unmanifested self is of love (for example 4th density positive wanderer), then, generally, one would discover the unmanifested self, as it is made manifest through the use of catalyst, as one of unconditional love, and polarize thusly. So, what if one is of 6th density? You discover the potential for both... And 6th density wanderers polarize, yet their social memory complex moves forward in evolution away from polarization. Somehow, there is the potential for massive polarization without it steering the course of evolution of the complex.

I can only conclude that polarity is the ability held in the present moment to perform service with the creator's light, based on the potentials contained within the unmanifested self, and drawn forth within that lifetime by the entity's conscious will.