Bring4th

Full Version: Differentiating between Wandererness and mental disorders
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Is there anything intrinsic about being a wanderer which makes one feel different? Many behaviours, thought patterns and feelings I experienced throughout my life I used to think were a product of me being special in some good way (what I would now call a wanderer) I now see are most likely the products of mental disorders. Would wanderers who manifested allergies and other physical conditions rather than mental ones be more mentally "normal"? What, if anything, makes us different from most people on Earth?
According to Ra there are millions of wanderers who do not feel different in the least. So the 3D-incarnated wanderer (by virtue of simply being a wanderer) is not necessarily going to feel different.

The polarized wanderer will have more access to biases created from prior learning. But so will the polarized native or transplant. However, most wanderers polarize further, and earlier on than natives or transplants.

(02-06-2012, 12:06 AM)zenmaster Wrote: [ -> ]According to Ra there are millions of wanderers who do not feel different in the least. So the 3D-incarnated wanderer (by virtue of simply being a wanderer) is not necessarily going to feel different.

So that would be the ones who came to be passive radiators, beacons, and raising planetary vibration - or ones who intended to do more but for whatever reason didn't get to the remembering part. I guess then I could add to my question: why do some wanderers remember and others don't?

Quote:The polarized wanderer will have more access to biases created from prior learning. But so will the polarized native or transplant. However, most wanderers polarize further, and earlier on than natives or transplants.

But what causes this earlier polarization?
I think this is a GREAT question. This was what first concerned me when I started reading the Ra Material--at first it sounded like a wonderful excuse to use when one's life was a mess and one didn't have the self-discipline or inclination to get it together. I was always taught to look at a person's life to gauge their spirituality--how do they treat others really? Do they fulfill their responsibilities to others or do they bail as soon as things get a little tough? Do they go "find themselves" and leave someone else holding the bag and having to pull double-duty?

I'm willing not to judge though--each person, I think, can feel/intuit their own sense of "Wandererness" and being that I'm not omniscient, I'll have to take their word for it.

On the other hand, in general, this sort of thing, this kind of spirituality, doesn't appeal to those who are still focused on the illusion. Sometimes I feel like this density has "taken out" the front line of first wavers (see Dolores Cannon's book Three Waves of Volunteers). It just cracked them and only a few really got through to secure the beach for the rest of us. I have a lot of gratitude for those who arrived here in the 40s and 50s to raise the vibration!

In sum, whatever you believe about yourself is the truth. If it helps you function and improves your life and the life of others around you, it doesn't matter...but I'd take your meds if you need 'em...BigSmile
(02-06-2012, 12:17 AM)turtledude23 Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-06-2012, 12:06 AM)zenmaster Wrote: [ -> ]According to Ra there are millions of wanderers who do not feel different in the least. So the 3D-incarnated wanderer (by virtue of simply being a wanderer) is not necessarily going to feel different.

So that would be the ones who came to be passive radiators, beacons, and raising planetary vibration - or ones who intended to do more but for whatever reason didn't get to the remembering part. I guess then I could add to my question: why do some wanderers remember and others don't?
I don't know exactly, but most likely it has to do with their unique pre-incarnational programming for the particular lessons intended to balance and alleviate distortion.

Quote:The polarized wanderer will have more access to biases created from prior learning. But so will the polarized native or transplant. However, most wanderers polarize further, and earlier on than natives or transplants.
Polarization is fool-proof indication of balance. Polarization is impeded by distortion, so in the wanderer the individual bias somehow does not collect any significant distortion at lower personal and social levels. But then approaching and proceeding through green, there have been so few examples of this in society, that in order to polarize further, somewhat unsupported by the collective, tends to require a great deal of self-determination.
(02-06-2012, 12:33 AM)zenmaster Wrote: [ -> ]

I don't know exactly, but most likely it has to do with their unique pre-incarnational programming for the particular lessons intended to balance and alleviate distortion.

That makes sense. I assumed remembering would be better for everyone in all cases but remembering can actually be a bad thing in the short term because it can distract people from their purpose, if someone was fulfilling their purpose without being consciously aware of it that's fine.

Quote:
Polarization is fool-proof indication of balance. Polarization is impeded by distortion, so in the wanderer the individual bias somehow does not collect any significant distortion at lower personal and social levels. But then approaching and proceeding through green, there have been so few examples of this in society, that in order to polarize further, somewhat unsupported by the collective, tends to require a great deal of self-determination.

Would all wanderers be less inclined towards distortion in the first 3 chakras? Does the self determination depend on the individual?
(02-06-2012, 12:59 AM)turtledude23 Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-06-2012, 12:33 AM)zenmaster Wrote: [ -> ]

That makes sense. I assumed remembering would be better for everyone in all cases but remembering can actually be a bad thing in the short term because it can distract people from their purpose, if someone was fulfilling their purpose without being consciously aware of it that's fine.
If they learn the lesson, the remembering is more likely to become available and as always, it will seem like a natural consequence of their seeking.

(02-06-2012, 12:59 AM)turtledude23 Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:

Would all wanderers be less inclined towards distortion in the first 3 chakras?
Yes, unless something happens where an attachment is made (karma) and must be alleviated. They're less inclined to significant distortion (and thus significant blockage) in those areas because they'd already adequately learned most of the lessons prior.

(02-06-2012, 12:59 AM)turtledude23 Wrote: [ -> ]Does the self determination depend on the individual?
Yes, that's a dedication using "faith and will". Also the prior programming is a gamble. Attempting to learn too much (strong catalyst requiring something like heroic action to process) can cause discouragement and lack of polarization, for example, or it can be a big pay off.
(02-05-2012, 11:14 PM)turtledude23 Wrote: [ -> ]What, if anything, makes us different from most people on Earth?

If by "most people on Earth" you mean a native third density mind/body/spirit complex, then Ra said that the difference is in the spirit complex, while mind/body become a complete creature of third density.
Thanks zen, your answers all make alot of sense to me.

(02-06-2012, 02:17 AM)Ankh Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-05-2012, 11:14 PM)turtledude23 Wrote: [ -> ]What, if anything, makes us different from most people on Earth?

If by "most people on Earth" you mean a native third density mind/body/spirit complex, then Ra said that the difference is in the spirit complex, while mind/body become a complete creature of third density.

I don't really get what the spirit complex is though. Ra said it's a "shuttle" between the mind and higher realities so I assume that means intuition but that just seems like a function of the unconscious mind to me. I suppose spirit could also mean whatever the subtle force that guides you through life is, but again I assume that's something the unconscious mind does. I don't really see anything particularly prominent which sets apart the spirit from the unconscious mind, where as there's a big difference between the mind and body.
(02-06-2012, 09:07 AM)turtledude23 Wrote: [ -> ]I don't really see anything particularly prominent which sets apart the spirit from the unconscious mind, where as there's a big difference between the mind and body.
As far as the 3D mind is concerned, the spirit is the unconscious mind (as it's infinite and 3D is finite). This is mainly because most of 'who we are' in 3rd density is still unconscious. 'Knowing' the mind and (mind/body combo) enables the spirit to actualize, which is 'polarization'. In other words, 'space' is being made for the spirit via acceptance.

This is a good question. The answer may lie in how one reacts to the idea of being a wanderer.

If one feels a sense of purpose kindled as a result of identifying with the wanderer concept, and is spurred to be of service (or greater and more conscious service), then perhaps one is remembering the wanderer's mission.

If the idea of being a wanderer chiefly affects self-esteem, or validates behaviors that do not serve self and others, perhaps the focus could be how to find balance within one's self, rather than feeling one's different-ness is now explained and justified.

A wanderer, upon remembering or identifying with being here as a volunteer, I think, would cease to focus on being different, and get on with the business of the mission.
(02-06-2012, 09:07 AM)turtledude23 Wrote: [ -> ]I don't really get what the spirit complex is though. Ra said it's a "shuttle" between the mind and higher realities so I assume that means intuition but that just seems like a function of the unconscious mind to me. I suppose spirit could also mean whatever the subtle force that guides you through life is, but again I assume that's something the unconscious mind does. I don't really see anything particularly prominent which sets apart the spirit from the unconscious mind, where as there's a big difference between the mind and body.

I don't know what the spirit complex is either, but would guess that it is our intelligent infinity...? Ra was using word mind/body/spirit complex for an individual, so spirit is something other than the mind (both conscious and unconscious/veiled), and as they said that each is the Creator which is the intelligent infinity I would base my guessing that the spirit is that portion.

We get enspirited as we enter third density from the second density. And being Wanderers there is also some kind of power in spirit. Ra said in regards to the fifth density friend that it's purpose was to enslave a fairly powerful entity thus adding it's own power. And the power they spoke of was spiritual power.

About getting enspirited Ra said following:

session 19:3 Wrote:Entities do not become enspirited. They become aware of the intelligent energy within each portion, cell, or atom, as you may call it, of its beingness.

This awareness is that which is awareness of that already given. From the infinite come all densities. The self-awareness comes from within given the catalyst of certain experiences understanding, as we may call this particular energy, the upward spiraling of the cell or atom or consciousness.

You may then see that there is an inevitable pull toward the, what you may call, eventual realization of self.
I immediately thought of the magical tradition. How the unconscious mind is used to attract the desired outcome. So the spirit might be a measurement of our ability to Create. Whether we create separation or unity defines our polarity.

Just a thought, it is indeed something to think of :p
- -

I was wondering how you would define mental disorders in this thread.

are we talking:

depression?

bipolar?

anxiety?

delusions of grandeur?

remembering past lives as Ceasar/Newton/FDR/Elizabeth 1st?

dysfunctional to the point of not being able to interact socially?

autistic?

- -

mental 'disorders' seems to be a very wide, almost catch all term for anyone who doesn't fit the DSM.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diagnostic_..._Disorders

or rather, who does BigSmileTongue
i wish Ra had talked more about mental disorders and autism.
(02-06-2012, 01:07 PM)plenum Wrote: [ -> ]- -

are we talking:

depression?

bipolar?

anxiety?

delusions of grandeur?

autistic?

- -

mental 'disorders' seems to be a very wide, almost catch all term for anyone who doesn't fit the DSM.

The point at which the Law of Free Will kicks into 'action'.
Accept the 'diagnosis' of Highest Self.
Again it is about authority.
What does the author get to do?
(02-06-2012, 03:26 PM)Oceania Wrote: [ -> ]i wish Ra had talked more about mental disorders and autism.

Why don't you submit a question to Carla for the radio show?
(02-06-2012, 04:16 PM)Diana Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-06-2012, 03:26 PM)Oceania Wrote: [ -> ]i wish Ra had talked more about mental disorders and autism.

that's a great idea Diana! I would like to hear Carla's take on how much of this stuff we see as 'disorders' are really just people getting into spiritual tangles; unable to access their Higher Self etc.

but I'll leave that for Oceania to ask as it seems she has a particular angle in mind Smile

peace ya all
There is Federation technology available fto heal all major distortiosn of the mind/body/spirit complex.
May I introduce you to a friend of mine.
The site is very user friendly.
Be sure to check out the medical templates.
This may be the info you have been looking for.

www.bryandeflores.com

3DMonkey

(02-05-2012, 11:14 PM)turtledude23 Wrote: [ -> ]Is there anything intrinsic about being a wanderer which makes one feel different? Many behaviours, thought patterns and feelings I experienced throughout my life I used to think were a product of me being special in some good way (what I would now call a wanderer) I now see are most likely the products of mental disorders. Would wanderers who manifested allergies and other physical conditions rather than mental ones be more mentally "normal"? What, if anything, makes us different from most people on Earth?

What comes to mind is "which came first the chicken or the egg?", or in this case, the wanderer or the 'disorder'.

Zenmaster has said it one way. Diana has said it another. I will say that your answer is in your original inquiry. 1) "I .... think were a product of me being special", 2) "I ... now call a wanderer", 3) " I now see are ... the products of mental disorders".

The intrinsic nature, IMO, is the thoughts about it that carried you along the way in your space/time and time/space that was unique to your awareness and ability. Zenmaster laid it out in a detailed and delicate way. I tried to simplify it and express my perspective.

Thank you,
Monkey
I friend of mine has a line in one of his songs.. "They used to call it the blues, now they call it a disorder."

Maybe he needs to update it to, "They used to call it a disorder, now they call it a wanderer."

Tongue
(02-06-2012, 06:49 PM)TheFifty9Sound Wrote: [ -> ]I friend of mine has a line in one of his songs.. "They used to call it the blues, now they call it a disorder."

Maybe he needs to update it to, "They used to call it a disorder, now they call it a wanderer."

Tongue
If your cow is lean, fit and has a nice ass I will offer 1 magic bean.

(02-06-2012, 01:07 PM)plenum Wrote: [ -> ]- -

are we talking:

depression?

bipolar?

anxiety?

delusions of grandeur?

autistic?

- -

I was diagnosed with depression and ADHD just several months ago even though I had them most of my life, I also might have aspergers but I don't know, if I do it would only be mild and only certain symptoms. Anyways, I refused to consider that there was anything wrong with me and I thought that all my differences made me awesome so I suffered needlessly, or maybe it wasn't needless, maybe I planned that out before incarnation, I don't know. I try to find patterns universal to wanderers in myself but I don't know how much of my not-normal behaviour is something intrinsic to being a wanderer and how much is the product of the conditions I mentioned earlier. I realize that I most likely chose those conditions for my unique journey in this lifetime but those don't apply to all wanderers, though Ra said most do have some kind of allergy or "personality disorder" (modern psychology only uses the term personal disorder for borderline personality disorder and narcissistic personality disorder so I'm guessing Ra meant mental disorder).

(02-06-2012, 06:36 PM)3DMonkey Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-05-2012, 11:14 PM)turtledude23 Wrote: [ -> ]Is there anything intrinsic about being a wanderer which makes one feel different? Many behaviours, thought patterns and feelings I experienced throughout my life I used to think were a product of me being special in some good way (what I would now call a wanderer) I now see are most likely the products of mental disorders. Would wanderers who manifested allergies and other physical conditions rather than mental ones be more mentally "normal"? What, if anything, makes us different from most people on Earth?

What comes to mind is "which came first the chicken or the egg?", or in this case, the wanderer or the 'disorder'.

Zenmaster has said it one way. Diana has said it another. I will say that your answer is in your original inquiry. 1) "I .... think were a product of me being special", 2) "I ... now call a wanderer", 3) " I now see are ... the products of mental disorders".

The intrinsic nature, IMO, is the thoughts about it that carried you along the way in your space/time and time/space that was unique to your awareness and ability. Zenmaster laid it out in a detailed and delicate way. I tried to simplify it and express my perspective.

Thank you,
Monkey

Are you saying that it doesn't matter what I believed/believe now is the cause of my behaviours as long as it gets me to where I am now? Your post isn't very clear.

---

Ashim: your posts make no sense.
(02-06-2012, 10:33 PM)turtledude23 Wrote: [ -> ]Ashim: your posts make no sense.

lol. Ashim gets that a lot, and he BLAMES the reader for 'not' getting it.

- -

thanks for clarifying Turtledude. I've had periods of depression in my life; they were mostly in my 20's though (I'm 35 now). I also recognise that I too might have slight 'autistic traits' but not nearly enough to even be on the spectrum of 'dysfunctional' (at least in my mind lol). I'd like to think that I've balanced some of that stuff out Smile

I dug up that quote that you referenced:

Quote:12.30 if you will, Wanderers have as a general rule some form of handicap, difficulty, or feeling of alienation which is severe. The most common of these difficulties are alienation, the reaction against the planetary vibration by personality disorders, as you would call them, and body complex ailments indicating difficulty in adjustment to the planetary vibrations such as allergies, as you would call them.

I think that is the one that might cause people to wishfully think they are Wanderers when they might be something else.

the 'reaction against the planetary sphere' ... could that be read as Wanderers arriving here, and then thinking, this place is horrid! I don't want to be here. And then these 'personality disorders' being ways to distract, not deal with reality, being ultra eccentric etc etc.

- -

I guess dredging through the 'Wanderers Stories' subforum might be a way to find commonalities in the people who have made the self-determination that they are one of these Star Children.

(02-06-2012, 10:33 PM)turtledude23 Wrote: [ -> ]I was diagnosed with depression and ADHD just several months ago even though I had them most of my life, I also might have aspergers but I don't know, if I do it would only be mild and only certain symptoms.

if I am not being too personal, are you taking meds for your 'condition'?

- -

peace
I think I read somewhere that God never told us it would be easy, just that it would be worth it.

If you are a Wanderer (and only you will know if that resonates)...that means you've got some light to share--"Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid. Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house. Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven."—Matthew 5:14-16.

When the depression hits, I'd go for the Prayer of St. Francis of Assisi instead of living the Hermit card. Ultimately, however you handle it is up to you, but dedicating to service means pulling your own load AND helping to lift the load of another...not easy when your own load is already feeling like carrying a big cross up a hill...wish I had something more encouraging to say...I've found stubbornly refusing to crumble (or setting time limits for said crumbling) works too. Good luck BigSmile
(02-06-2012, 10:58 PM)plenum Wrote: [ -> ]thanks for clarifying Turtledude. I've had periods of depression in my life; they were mostly in my 20's though (I'm 35 now). I also recognise that I too might have slight 'autistic traits' but not nearly enough to even be on the spectrum of 'dysfunctional' (at least in my mind lol). I'd like to think that I've balanced some of that stuff out Smile

I don't consider myself dysfunctional, I'd say I'm very high function for all I've been through.

Quote:I think that is the one that might cause people to wishfully think they are Wanderers when they might be something else.

I agree and I've considered that, but even if I'm not a wanderer, even if there's no such thing, belieiving it feels right for me, so far.

Quote:the 'reaction against the planetary sphere' ... could that be read as Wanderers arriving here, and then thinking, this place is horrid! I don't want to be here. And then these 'personality disorders' being ways to distract, not deal with reality, being ultra eccentric etc etc.

I didn't think of it like that but I agree, that makes alot of sense.

- -

Quote:
(02-06-2012, 10:33 PM)turtledude23 Wrote: [ -> ]I was diagnosed with depression and ADHD just several months ago even though I had them most of my life, I also might have aspergers but I don't know, if I do it would only be mild and only certain symptoms.

if I am not being too personal, are you taking meds for your 'condition'?

Yes, I'm taking two antidepressants, one for depression (and some anxiety), the other is actually for ADHD but it also makes me even happier and helped me with another problem I had so I'm not complaining. They're both working pretty well for me and the worst side effects I've had are dry mouth and sometimes being sleepier. There aren't any medications for aspergers so I don't want to bother getting diagnosed because I'd have to pay over $1000 and not even get treatment, so instead I'm reading books about it and doing CBT http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cognitive_b...al_therapy and meditating I was so against pharmaceuticals all my life so finally trying them was a big deal for me, and they worked so well, so now I'm trying to spread the word in the new age community that they're not evil.
good on you for doing CBT.

meds have helped me but that doesn't mean they're not harmful. the most obvious symptom i got was tardive dyskenisia but there's stuff like how it affects your chakras and pineal gland that is unknown. to me meds help people that are psychically sensitive, but only because being sensitive is hard. also autistics have over active parts of brain that make things harder, and meds often lower that activity. so of course they help. doesn't mean it's all awesome.
(02-06-2012, 04:21 PM)plenum Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-06-2012, 04:16 PM)Diana Wrote: [ -> ]

that's a great idea Diana! I would like to hear Carla's take on how much of this stuff we see as 'disorders' are really just people getting into spiritual tangles; unable to access their Higher Self etc.

but I'll leave that for Oceania to ask as it seems she has a particular angle in mind Smile

peace ya all

what's your angle? i just wanna know more about the mental stuff Ra said accompanied wanderers. i've only had mostly mental disorders in life, even physical pain for me is neurological. like migraines. and that always gets overlooked. also there have been many channelings about autism but nothing that goes in-depth. i dunno if Carla could answer these. i wonder why autism is and why some wanderers get it. i wonder why it's always our fault we're born with weak lower chakras or overactive brain areas that make everything so hard... and all these channelings say autistics, they usually talk about non aspergers ones, are miracle children but noone ever talks about aspergers or what we're doing here or what our purpose is. the only purpose i can see to all this is that strange people are automatically excluded from groups, they learn to think for themselves and question authority, and they develop empathy for a lot of things that are different. that's what i've learned, but it's also hard not to let your afflictions affect how you treat other people, and to be useful. i have no idea what i want to ask.

3DMonkey

@td23

I'm saying the intrinsic value of 'whatever' is how you apply it to your current m/b/s space/time reality. When your state of being thought "1)", then it applied to your state of being as so, wholly 'perfect' for that state. Compare to now... You have a current state that can view three different perspectives (1,2,3) at once because you have had experiences.
Quote: "so now I'm trying to spread the word in the new age community that they're not evil."

Who gave you that right to spread your gospel?
Do not come on here telling folks what they should do - especially in regards to medical issues.

Imho these drugs are mimiking the ascension symptoms and are harming the mind/body/spirit complex.
Again, just my opinion.
Oh and by the way I was making a joke. Sure, if the reader does not understand the joke my posts will make no sense.
If however the soul can grow to an extent to appreciate the wisdom and humour transmitted there shall be a jump in consciousness.
I shall 'explain' the joke the way I used to have to tell my mum why John Cleese made me laugh.

My comment was to the extent of 'if your cow has a nice ass, I will pay you one magic bean for it. It was an offer.
The poster had forgotton the content of his signature.
Probably because he did not really believe in the message he had chosen. One loses oneself.
What he had written was 'never hesitate to trade your cow for a hanfdul of magic beans.'
It was a joke. I was being funny. Still thinking of going to dever?
LOL ! Ashin you should quote yourself on that statment for future threads.

--------

Turtle i am glad the meds are working for you, i think that no matter how you get there( healthy life) or is in the processes to get there, then it should be pursued.

As long there is more good then bad then it is ok in my book.

I myself feel better finding my inner balance by myself. This has been working so far.

Edit: I also don't think that because someone is using some type of substance for balancing his/her life this person is by consequence lesser in any way. There is so many variables, only each being knows it's path step by step... moment by moment.

Pages: 1 2