Bring4th

Full Version: what did you learn today?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
today I learnt ...

- -

that I am still projecting. My flatmate was being careless with his cooking and wasn't paying attention to what he was boiling. He was distracting himself with his mobile phone in the living room. I got a bit angry, and said, hey, your stuff is boiling. And he came and took care of it.

I spent the next 5 minutes or so fuming - why can't he be more self-responsible, take care of his s-hit? and this was most true. He wasn't being attentive.

but why was I so pissed at the situation?? I ended up dredging up some memories of myself where I had NOT taken self-responsibility in my life. I was still angry at myself for those incidents in my own life. They were NOT fully accepted and forgiven yet.

so yes, what I thought about my friend was true, but the emotive reaction is a key sign that something else is going on. Ra says as much: pay attention to your emotions; what ticks you off, what irks you to the bone. There is more going on BigSmile

- -

what did you learn today? (this is a meme stolen off reddit lol)

(ps, I know this is a 'loose' use of the term projection. I hope you appreciate the spirit of the matter, rather than the fine technical definition Tongue)

I learnt American Football is about 2% action, 98% advertising and absolutely impossible to enjoy.
Great thread, plenum!

Today I learned to open up another layer of myself and stop resisting the *everpresent flow of the One Infinite Creator*. That understanding/realization occured just "in time" so to speak. I was about to undergo a big procedure at the dentist, and these people I have been scared of most of my adult life due traumatic experiences in the past with the dentists.

So, as I realized that there is nothing I can do about what happens, I felt great/grand liberation from *loosing the control of what is happening*. And there... there occured a realization/experience of one magical *everflowing presence of the One Infinite Creator*. Ah, can't describe it!

And at the end of my session with the dentist there was no fight, no resistance, no *fear*. The shift in consciousness also made me to expect the best instead of the worst in regards of what is going to happen next sitting in that chair at the dentist clinic. The conscious expectation of the best, believe it or not, and I still don't know how to relate to that weird experience - suddenly brought feelings of deep pleasure, and I didn't want to leave that dentist, while I used to run away from them as soon as they said something like: "Oook... I think I am done now..." - I was already gone!

Great lesson! Grand! Can't wait to continue experiencing it! (But for the moment will hold myself at home as my left side is still completely anaesthetized.) BigSmile
Oh, Ankh, I feel that, totally. That was one of my biggest fears in life as well! : D But when I had the deep-vein thrombosis a few years ago, and was lying in bed for a week without being able to really walk, I had a realization "Okay, now you are not in control. You might as well be dead. Call the ambulance and let it play out". I strongly believe that it was my higher self saying that to me. And the next few weeks, I have been treated and not for a moment did I have a second of "Ego" talking. He was scared? Maybe. But he was silent, and he accepted whatever came : D

Same with dentists. But with enough pain, even our biggest fears can be overcame. And my dentist is an amazing person, always smiling, being positive, telling me everything that is happening. I am actually enjoying when I am treated there.

As for this thread, I strongly suggest that we keep this up and repeat what we learned today - every day!

My lesson was simple. I still retain my negativity about my physical capabilities, although I am stronger and (seemingly?) healthier than ever. There is a huge cold+snow stuff going on in our city at this moment, and one nosebleed from coming out to the cold (from 15+celsius to minus 20, without water to drink, and with 5 beer inside my belly) a few nights ago was enough to put me into a mild depression. This morning, however, I realized that I cannot BE the strong, healthy person if I do not act like one. And so I went out to the cold, and did everything that needed to be done. No issues, no problems. Bashar-inspiried? Yes! : D

Meerie

(02-06-2012, 07:04 AM)Ankh Wrote: [ -> ]And at the end of my session with the dentist there was no fight, no resistance, no *fear*.

ohh I am so glad you did not get into a fight with your dentist BigSmile
I did not go for more than 4 years, but gladly enough they did not have to do much despite that long time... I am blessed with healthy teeth.

OLDERN!!!! BigSmile
you obviously did not LEARN from me telling you you should alway drink enough water with the alcohol "sighs"
(5 beers and no water "shudders")

I learnt today that wearing two scarfs with that cold outside is actually a very good idea!
(and hot onion soup - yummy!)
I learned that the people on this forum are really perceptive.BigSmile

1) Plenum - Thank you for that story. It adds perspective to an issue I'm dealing with and now I will look more closely at your understanding of projection and the rage/over-reaction to things. It's never a bad idea to check in with the emotions!

2) Zenmaster - Thank you for the insight into "big catalyst = big reward" on another link (think it was the one about Wanderers v. the mentally ill). I chose a real doozie of catalyst this time around and (as I can see it now) I've been fighting it/anticipating it my whole life.
Loved the part about faith and will and self-determination too. I have found that the more I shrink from challenges, the weaker I get, and the more I accept (not "fight") what is, but not give in to my own laziness, fear, fatigue, etc., the stronger I get and the more able I am to be of service.

3) Oldern - Thank you for noting your weather. I realized I needed to be more thankful for the fact that I live in the climate of southern California. Cold and dark really get to me!

HeartHeartHeart
Today was another dentist visit. A bigger procedure.

What I learned today is to *tryyy* to stay present in the moment no matter the pain, because the images your mind paints forward for you sometimes are far more scary than the real, physical pain. Of course there were moments of so intensive pain, that I almost fainted, but these were few. I realized that when I was present in the moment, I could relax, calm down, and *rest* in that now. That is when I became conscious of all the knots inside of me, and by calming down, I felt how they released their grip of me, and I could feel the relaxation in the physical body as well.

The next experiment is to open up the heart and accept the pain, the uncomfortability, and everything else - in short, *the whole experience*, as it comes.

Two other things that I learned today, is that firstly, by being a patient myself, I was able to experience what "my" patients sometimes experience. I had particular difficulties to understand those who had an unlogical fear of completely safe treatments. I was trying to connect with them on the logical/intellectual level explaining how safe these treatments are, and that they are not going to die because of them. Today I learned that in these cases, I do not need to connect with them on these levels, as they are not listening to that, or already know that, but afraid anyway. I need to connect with them on emotional levels, and share their pain, and their fear, and their worries.

The second thing that I learned is that when I have showed compassion to other selves, especially my patients, they sometimes have a need to thank me. In most of these situations I have been backing off, as I have difficulties to accept love and compassion from other selves. But today I learned that I need to stay present, and in that now *accept* their gratitude and their love. This is an energy exchange on a social level that opens up your heart, and makes you to *connect* on very deep levels with your other selves.

3DMonkey

I learned how to make friendship bracelets.
(02-27-2012, 08:48 AM)3DMonkey Wrote: [ -> ]I learned how to make friendship bracelets.

Monkey - I want one!

Yesterday I learned that I really like to shoot guns at targets, and that I'm pretty good at it. Must be a roll-over from a previous life in the American wild West!
today I learnt ...

that you can't buy animals on ebay. This should be a no-brainer, and yet still surprised me.

what were you thinking plenum??!! Smile
(04-26-2012, 11:34 PM)plenum Wrote: [ -> ]today I learnt ...

that you can't buy animals on ebay.

Today I learnt.....

Fish are not animalsBigSmile

[Image: %24(KGrHqN,!lME9mUhLIBGBPlFLqBLMw~~60_58.JPG]
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Large-24-inch-fr...1e6d70a094
(04-27-2012, 03:29 PM)Pickle Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-26-2012, 11:34 PM)plenum Wrote: [ -> ]today I learnt ...

that you can't buy animals on ebay.

Today I learnt.....

Fish are not animalsBigSmile

well, I'm glad that 'item' is pickup only. I can't imagine something like that going through the postal system lol.

- -

omg, USPS actually permits such things!

Quote:Mailing Live Animals
Live animal shipments (including poultry, reptiles, and bees) have very specific packaging requirements. Though you can drop them off at any Post Office, it might take longer to ship depending on the availability of transportation. With a few exceptions, pets and warm-blooded animals such as cats, gerbils, hamsters, mice, and dogs can’t go in the mail.
Live animal shipments using Express Mail® should expect a 2- to 3-day transport, so try shipping early in the week and avoiding holiday weeks with limited acceptance days and times. Express Mail postage will not be refunded unless the delivery or attempted delivery is more than 3 days after the day of ma

https://www.usps.com/ship/can-you-ship-it.htm

today i learned that no matter how junky my yardsale stuff looks there is always someone who will think it's a treasure and will pay a few cents for it.

Heart
Love this topic! Everyday I come home from work I ask my son (who is almost 2) what he learned today. It's just habit since I try and learn something new every single day.

Today, I've learned that We have 12 chakra's or shall I say 12 Suns and each corresponds to a strand of DNA. Although, We don't have access to the 12th chakra yet b/c our bodies are not evolved enough.

And all 12 energy centers must be accessed from the inside, where you can feel the data corresponding with them and translate the experiences within the content of your mind. This is Us, evolving into our multidimensional identity, remembering who our version of our self is-out in the galaxy, and beyond.

Today I learned that the most important thing I do as a writing teacher is offer the students the kinds of skills/techniques/etc. that help them to eventually tell their own stories--in ways that bring tears to my eyes even as I'm reading a 3rd draft. Beautiful.

3DMonkey

Today, I remembered that the invention of the bar, the luxury bar, is a very fine invention indeed.

If I were rich, I'd try to experience a world tour of bars.
(Stolen from reddit, but fascinating to me)

Today I learned that roly polies (or pill bugs) aren't actually insects at all, but rather "terrestrial crustaceans." They're more closely related to shrimp than bugs.
(04-27-2012, 11:27 PM)Bring4th_Austin Wrote: [ -> ](Stolen from reddit, but fascinating to me)

Today I learned that roly polies (or pill bugs) aren't actually insects at all, but rather "terrestrial crustaceans." They're more closely related to shrimp than bugs.

Thanks. Today, I learned that Roly poly has a meaning other than THIS amazingness:

today I learnt ...

that using a swung crystal can have bad effects going the wrong way. By this I mean counter/non counterclockwise.

well, not exactly BAD, but it definitely stifles the flow of energies.

know your directions peoples!

kdsii

I actually learned a lot today.
Been reading up on brain waves, and how they can affect ADD.
I try so hard to focus, but it's at times impossible!
And here's what I found:

There are 5 main brain wave types:

Delta - sleeping or super-deep meditation
Theta - meditation or deep contemplation
Alpha - Awake, alert, but not really in learning mode. Nothing to see here.
Beta - Go-go-go! Excited, fast-paced state of mind.
Gamma - Quicker than Beta. One often can process the 'bigger picture' in this state.

I tend to stay in Theta. Hence my tendency towards introspection, lack of clear focus at times, lack of general anxiety, and aloofness.

So what to do, then?
I learned that I can use binaural beats to raise my mental 'clock speed'
to get out of zombie-brain mode. Very useful!

As far as I can see, this can replace medication.
(I've always been sketchy on popping pills to fix problems one would -normally- need to deal with oneself)

For the record, a frequency between alpha and beta will knock out ADD. Simple as that.
Too low will disable your ability to focus, too high will make you anxious and jittery.

That I won the lottery.
... that some Shame is still present in my consciousness.

shame seems to be an altogether unhelpful emotion/response. It is like a self-cutting of consciousness, an unloving way of viewing the self.

sure, everyone makes mistakes, embarrasses themselves in public ... but a healthy response is to laugh it off, or learn from the experience ... not to engage in self-attack and self-recriminations. (and holding those memories in consciousness, never released)

but I am starting to get to the heart of it .. and understand it a bit more. Shame is a habit, an attitude that develops with repeated use.

and so today's lesson continues Smile
Today I learned that I need to try something new to reduce my judgement of others.

In the past, if people brought up something bothering them, unless they were clearly venting, I would offer my opinion if they were open to it.

Now I notice that with some people, they do not follow your advice, nor do they try anything new themselves to rid themselves of the situation. And yet they bring up the same sort of issues bothering them, perhaps venting, yet claiming to want a solution. In the past, I would go over my original advice, as well as additional things they could try if they didn't like that original advice. Inevitably, these people would ignore my advice (which I'm fine with), but also not try anything themselves to resolve the situation (which drives me crazy - why not try something to self-improve!!?!)...and then frequently I would just begin to form a negative opinion of them, but because at some level I find it difficult to accept their approach.

Today, I endeavor to not offer my opinion unless explicitly asked.

Today, I endeavor not to get upset at those who asked for my advice, did not follow my advice, nor took any action to change their situation - I will understand these people are more venting then truly seeking advice, and who doesn't understand the need to vent now and then? Usually when you are venting you make the problem seem bigger than it is, and usually that's why you don't actually do much to change the situation - because many times we vent and not seek advice on problems which we do not believe are serious, I think, at some level, instead it is just an emotional release.

I know too I suffer from self-judgement, which I'm working on as well (I know, such beautiful mirrors we all are Smile). We'll see how it works!!
I've learned that over the last few days, at night I feel lonely and a little scared. But in the morning I feel refreshed and loved. Perhaps I am having good dreams, or am being rejuvenated during them. I've noticed my libido has dropped to 0 and I don't really miss it. I love God, and I love you all. I love the angels though I can't see them. And I love my two dogs, very very much. I don't really now who I love the most. My love is equal among everyone.

I helped my mom today with some art project, and it felt good to be able to contribute. It looks very nice, and came out better than I expected. The love is still increasing on Earth. But the darkness too is being lit up, hence me getting a little uneasy during the days. I keep praying for God's love and light, for me and for those who need it. Thank you all for hearing me out. I love you very much, even if I am a bit afraid.

Plenum, even though you still feel shame, I want you to know I love how you contribute, and as a person, and another being of Creator, I love you very much.

Interesting, this was catalyst for me (probably all the flashing lights).

(04-28-2012, 04:36 AM)Oldern Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks. Today, I learned that Roly poly has a meaning other than THIS amazingness:

thank you Gemini Smile I appreciate the words.

there are these stubborn blockages, that we all know we have (and each is unique to each) and its like stubbing your toe every time you run against it. But I will prevail!!

Cyan

That I see love dreams of my ex 6 months after breakup.

This is going to take a while.
I learned that it's ok to give God a hug.
I've learned that life is one big RPG game.

*gives words of encouragement*
+3 polarity STO

"51% STO!! HARVESTABLITY ACHEIVED!!"
*higher self plays epic music*

New skill aquired: Penetrating the veil level 3

Heh
I learned that I can still get really frustrated!
I learnt that the universe's plans are much more interesting than my plans. I guide, and it directs.

All I have to do is enjoy the ride.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7