Bring4th

Full Version: Flouride in food
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Common Food Items Could Contain 180 Times More Fluoride Than Tap Water

Fluoridated tap water and toothpaste are oftentimes considered the main sources of fluoride exposure, but it turns out that common food items could actually be largely contributing to your fluoride intake. According to fluoride expert Jeff Green, who has been actively protesting and studying the effects of fluoride on the body for other 15 years, one common food product contains up to 180 times more fluoride than your fluoridated tap water!

According to Green, the culprit is non-organic food, but not just one kind. If you’re still eating conventionally-farmed food products, you may be unknowingly exposing yourself to extreme levels of fluoride. Green says this is made possible by fluoride going incognito within the food supply in a very concerning way:

“Cryolite is actually sodium aluminum fluoride… This sodium aluminum fluoride is especially effective at killing bugs,” Green says. “It’s also very sticky, so when they spray it, it’s more likely to stick on your produce, unless you’re… really working at trying to get it off of it.”

While Green states that a large number of non-organic produce items can contain shocking levels of this fluoride-based pesticide, iceberg lettuce may be one of the largest offenders. In fact, iceberg lettuce can now be laced with a startling 180 parts per million (ppm) of fluoride – 180 times higher than the ‘recommended’ water fluoridation level. This ‘health’ food could actually be corroding your body with heavy levels of fluoride. But what other seemingly-healthy produce items contain high amounts of fluoride?

•Citrus fruits are actually allowed to contain 95 ppm’s of sodium fluoride.
•Potatoes can have as much as 22 ppm’s on the outside, and 2 ppm inside.
•Raisins are allowed 55 ppm’s.

Fluoride has been linked to decreased IQ in children, and even the United States government is calling for lower levels of fluoride to be added to United States water supplies. Perhaps the next big hurdle in the fight against fluoride will be within the food industry.

http://naturalsociety.com/common-food-it...z1lk1PYi77
Thanks for posting this. I had no idea that fluoride was added to the list of reasons why it is so important to eat organic, and ideally, your own homegrown food.

A side note: I haven't used toothpaste in years (and before that used Tom's non-fluoride). I use baking soda with essential oils of peppermint and tea tree. Just put the baking soda in a small jar, add several drops of both essential oils, and shake the jar.

3DMonkey

I wish I could find a video I watched about a third world tribal community. It solved any fears I had about fluoride. Their only income is from gathering salt, I think (I don't remember the details). Anyway, they have an overdose of fluoride in their diet which makes their teeth brittle... and a popular custom is to chisel notches into their teeth. .... They might be uneducated, but they appear to be intelligent relative to their environment. ...
You like the idea of chiseling notches in your teeth?

sodium aluminum fluoride is what they are using as pesticide? Ugh. As if we didn't have enough of fluoride from water and aluminum from deodorant and from chemtrails. Seems pretty hard to avoid it then...
I should wash my produce better, I wonder if soap reside would be healthier than pesticide residue. I use fluoride free toothpaste and have a big water filter for my tap water, even my shower head has a filter but I think it mainly gets rid of chlorine (your skin absorbs things, like water or lotions, into your body).
There's non-flouride toothpaste? Awesome...

Speaking of that, is there any *easy* way to avoid that in food? Like, instead of having to manually buy from a local grower. Is there any store or brand to look for or something?
No quest for healthy living is easy today, Duncan. A good place to find out why this is so and ways of counteracting the toxins is naturalnews.com.

I think that all individuals can do at this point is try to remove fluoride from our bodies and pressure our municipalities to stop putting it in our water.

Several ways to remove it from our bodies:
http://www.naturalnews.com/026605_fluori...detox.html

An excellent tooth powder that helps rebuild enamel is Eco-Dent, available in both US and Canada. It has greatly lessened the pain of dental cleanings, which I always had due to very sensitive teeth. If there's any gum disease, this should help as well. I love the anise flavour!

Health/natural stores sell fluoride-free toothpaste. Very recently a chain of grocery stores where I live has started offering it too, likely due to consumer demand. Retailers stock items they think will sell and discontinue those that don't, so consumer pressure can be very effective.

(02-11-2012, 06:33 PM)DuncanIdahoTPF Wrote: [ -> ]There's non-flouride toothpaste? Awesome...

Speaking of that, is there any *easy* way to avoid that in food? Like, instead of having to manually buy from a local grower. Is there any store or brand to look for or something?

Avocado

I've actually started washing my vegetables with soap because of this. There was this 'chalky' feeling substance on the cucumbers and it actually came off, really odd. Of course I'd rather eat organic all the time but I'm just doing what I can as I go. thanks for sharing this.
I found this list of fluoridated pharmaceuticals, if anybody is interested in which categories to avoid.

http://www.slweb.org/ftrcfluorinatedpharm.html
(02-18-2012, 10:15 PM)DuncanIdahoTPF Wrote: [ -> ]I found this list of fluoridated pharmaceuticals, if anybody is interested in which categories to avoid.

http://www.slweb.org/ftrcfluorinatedpharm.html

One of the antidepressants I take is on the list, damn, but I might be ending it soon.
Yeah I found out the anti-depressant I was taking was just fluoride basically... I'm not trying to encourage anyone who really NEEDS any of that medication to stop, as I wouldn't want someone to become ill or unstable. Just be careful and use discernment, please.
Pharmaceuticals are great for shutting down portions of brain activity, but I highly doubt you can prove they bring balance.
I will definitely be using this info at my meetings. Wow, how many people are against fluoride in water but take meds? Thanks for posting this info!