Bring4th

Full Version: bring4th is timing out?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
just sent this pm to Steve:

- -

Hi Steve,

I seem to be experiencing intermittent timeouts on bring4th today. It seems to kick in maybe every 10/15 miutes, and when I try to load a new page, you get the 'swirling circle' for a minute, and then it timeouts.

The problem then goes away and comes back again of its own accord.

server load issue?

I assume you guys are on a dedicated machine, or maybe it is a VPS or shared host, so I don't know Smile

just thought I"d let you know. I can post a thread on the forums to ask if anyone else is experiencing this; my ADSL connection is fine everywhere else on the web.

I noticed it maybe 10 hours ago?

plenum

- -
I experienced some problems just about 20 minutes ago. I could not open up the page. There has been similar problems in the past, so I thought that it was it again. That time I think that it was some major move from one company to another one. But I am no expert in these stuff, so don't ask me ; )
Hey there,

The host did not detect any server connectivity issues today, and did not locate any log information that would indicate complications on their side. It is suspected that a DNS issue occurred, which typically means that the servers responsible for converting your bring4th.org request into an IP address, failed.

Apparently this happens from time to time since we are not fortunate enough to sit on top of the Internet backbone. We tend to have multiple "hops" leading us from the Internet to the site itself, so various points of failure can emerge.

I do apologize for the inconvenience! If we could solve the issue, we would, but for now we are going with the flow of the web host.

If anyone wants to sit Bring4th on top of an OC-32 pipe, e-mail me! ;-)

Oh, that sounds so nerdy. It's ok if confusion overwhelmed any laughter you may have felt inclined to give! Smile

Steve
Hello
This just happened to me when trying to access the site.
This happened to me earlier this afternoon, also. Couldn't find my family here at bring4th
I have experienced this issue as well. If the server reports no issues on their end, this is most likely a ping-bomb / packet bomb style attack on the website. I'm not sure why, but they seem to concentrate this attack into a short amount of time (a few minutes at a times) at which time the web site is unreachable.

If this is true... It has the opposite intended effect for me. If someone is going to the trouble of trying to do this, it only seeks to add confirmation that we are successfully "doing good" here on these forums. BigSmile