Bring4th

Full Version: Recommended Reads/Documentaries (Optional:Why you recommend it)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am not aware of any similar thread on this site. It could be useful for everyone.
It could be useful, but also not helpful at all due to the amount and variety of info available on every subject. As far as I'm aware people that seek info tend to always find it, especially now with the search engines. I'd be leery of providing 'answers' without any questions asked.

this is a talk on xmas, but is rather more on mushrooms.

the start has a ton of astro-theology to it.

very insightful and humorous. It is LONG - 2 hours. But a gift of learning.

[Image: 4afvo.jpg]
there is also this:

Thinking and Destiny by Harold Percival

http://thewordfoundation.org/PDF/T%26D_14th_ver01.pdf

that's an online pdf of a book published in the 1940's. It claims to explain how thought forms are created, in a 4 stage circular quadrant process.

I read and re-read this book many times in my 20's.

(02-12-2012, 11:29 PM)zenmaster Wrote: [ -> ]It could be useful, but also not helpful at all due to the amount and variety of info available on every subject. As far as I'm aware people that seek info tend to always find it, especially now with the search engines. I'd be leery of providing 'answers' without any questions asked.

I consider your point subjective. I can see where you are coming from, but the information available is incredibly vast. Personally, I can't always find the best sources and the same sources as others. I am just viewing this thread as another source of information as long as others post.

Avocado

Iceland gives me good vibes. Apparently the veil is thinner there, that's what this documentary is about.
I found an old thread on past lives author Michael Newton, and contributed to it. He says that we program certain decision points into our lives where we can go in different directions. This was illustrated in my case by his book itself. I was in a library branch just to check out a certain DVD, which I found right away. I decided to roam around a little before leaving when I saw his book, Memories of the Afterlife, in the New Books area.

Librarians who have extra shelf space might put most books on the shelf with only the spine in view, and a few flat with full visibility of the front cover. That's how the Newton book was sitting there, being nearly impossible for me to miss. I picked it up and liked it enough to check out, and now I'm nearly finished with another one of his.

His books focus on life between lives more than just past lives. He has pursued information about the "spirit world" between lives for many years and, I believe is very competent to do so. Some of his cases are "young souls," some are much more mature and plenty are in between. He came up with a "Level" system to categorize these souls. His information, although with different terminology, is compatible with the Ra material, and his style seems a little more human than the dialogues between Don and Ra.

My decision point must have to do with how I will go forward in my life with all of the metaphysical information that I gathered over the decades. In time I expect to know more about that. The Newton material can help me listen to people and relate their issues with possible past programming choices, added to the issues themselves.

:idea: Good topic, 13Tree!
i would have to say the wanderers handbook by Carla is an excellent document for wanderers or those who think they are wanderers. it describes the journey ,the feelings , the experiences that many many wanderers have been thru and lets u know that u are not alone on this journey.
Hi 13TreeofLife13 !

My signature's first line says it all. B-)
It is a 3 DVD kit, with ***extraordinary*** stuf ! !

It TOTALLY changed my mentality, and my ideas of life.
That IS why I AM here ! B-)

Blue skies.
(02-13-2012, 04:47 PM)C-JEAN Wrote: [ -> ]Enjoy the marvelous http://www.whatthebleep.com/guestbook/?p=110
which got me to "The Ra material" and this forum.

I enjoyed the books, though not so much the film.

The Holographic Universe is a great intro to this stuff as well. The mysterious, magikal, and kooky cosmos in which we live.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holographic_principle
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Be1ihuZNg84

I recommend this video because it gives insight to the atrocities preformed in the medical community from legitimate sources (senate hearings, the FDA, medical documents, etc).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09354zHyL...re=related

I recommend this very long audio recording due to Terence Mckenna being my favorite philosopher. He continues to open up my mind more and more. If you don't know who he is and you don't have the patience to start this video, I highly recommend that you watch some of his shorter videos. There are many on YouTube.
(02-13-2012, 11:11 AM)13TreeofLife13 Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-12-2012, 11:29 PM)zenmaster Wrote: [ -> ]It could be useful, but also not helpful at all due to the amount and variety of info available on every subject. As far as I'm aware people that seek info tend to always find it, especially now with the search engines. I'd be leery of providing 'answers' without any questions asked.

I consider your point subjective. I can see where you are coming from, but the information available is incredibly vast. Personally, I can't always find the best sources and the same sources as others. I am just viewing this thread as another source of information as long as others post.
Knowledge is like a tree, with trunk being more general or generic. After you spend time looking into some area you tend to branch out into more detail. It's precisely because the information is incredibly vast that asking for something particular tends to be the better approach. Otherwise, there tends to be a much more random chance of usefulness.

Meerie

Michael Talbot: the holographic universe (very interesting read about the holographic universe BigSmile )

Dolores Cannon: The custodians,
Convoluted Universe vol. 1 and 2 (I did not like vol 3 so much, tbh)
here is a description regarding vol. 1:
This is the sequel to 'The Custodians'. The book contains some of the more complicated concepts in Metaphysics that Dolores Cannon discovered through twenty years of using deep hypnosis to explore the subconscious mind. Some of the topics explored in this book: The origin, knowledge and destruction of Atlantis; The explanations of Earth mysteries, including -- the Pyramids, Easter Island, the Bermuda Triangle, the Ark of the Covenant, Loch Ness Monster, Nazca Lines; Characteristics of other Planets, Parallel Universes, Parallel Lifetimes and Realities; Other Dimensions and much more. This book is intended for those readers who want their minds expanded by the more complicated Metaphysical ideas that border on 'Quantum Physics'.

and I just saw vol 4 is published as well!! will have to check that out
(02-13-2012, 10:00 PM)zenmaster Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-13-2012, 11:11 AM)13TreeofLife13 Wrote: [ -> ]

Knowledge is like a tree, with trunk being more general or generic. After you spend time looking into some area you tend to branch out into more detail. It's precisely because the information is incredibly vast that asking for something particular tends to be the better approach. Otherwise, there tends to be a much more random chance of usefulness.

Then I would say again that your point is subjective. This thread may be useless for you since (I think you're implying) you have a really good foundation for all this information, but I don't have a that foundation yet. I am still new to all of this. I have gotten something useful from everyone that has posted on this thread (including you).
(02-15-2012, 10:11 AM)13TreeofLife13 Wrote: [ -> ]I am still new to all of this.
What does that even mean? New to all of what?

(02-15-2012, 10:29 AM)zenmaster Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-15-2012, 10:11 AM)13TreeofLife13 Wrote: [ -> ]I am still new to all of this.

I only started to discover anything that deviates from the conventional understanding of the world last year. I still have a long way to go until I have a good foundation on any topic.
(02-15-2012, 10:35 AM)13TreeofLife13 Wrote: [ -> ]I only started to discover anything that deviates from the conventional understanding of the world last year. I still have a long way to go until I have a good foundation on any topic.

I see many people speak online about their "awakening" -- I think this is a fairly broad term that seems to have its own definition for each person using it. I can relate to the term in that I can think of a point in my life where I felt like my head popped out of my butt and the world suddenly seemed extremely alienating. My guess however would be that this event is archetypal in nature with no one recipe for evoking, but rather takes place on a highly individual basis.

Sometimes it's easy to mistake honest insight or even just brevity as an attack aimed at you personally. Just remember that if someone took the time to offer an opinion it's because they wish you well and think they might have helpful information. I'm not accusing you of this mistake, only pointing out something that I know I had to learn.

(02-13-2012, 10:00 PM)zenmaster Wrote: [ -> ]Knowledge is like a tree, with trunk being more general or generic. After you spend time looking into some area you tend to branch out into more detail. It's precisely because the information is incredibly vast that asking for something particular tends to be the better approach. Otherwise, there tends to be a much more random chance of usefulness.

Taking this approach will serve you extremely well. Try to assess what questions you find most pressing, then investigate them with a deliberate approach. Seeking out sources that will "spoon feed" information can have the consequence of delaying progress, especially if (even minor) zealotry for the source develops. A worldview should be built, not adopted.
Last year marked the beginning of my "awakenings." It is of course ongoing, but beforehand I was very ignorant.

I meant it when I said I took something from him. I really like his outlook on things.
(02-15-2012, 12:22 PM)13TreeofLife13 Wrote: [ -> ]Last year marked the beginning of my "awakenings." It is of course ongoing, but beforehand I was very ignorant.

Exciting times Smile
For me the process of acclimating to having an actual brain had extreme sways on various psychological levels. From no motivation at all to heaps of it, depression to ecstasy, and so on. Meditation became paramount (as daily practices go), even taking precedence over coffee. Shocking, I know.
Both approaches are correct and have their place.

Disciplined, systematic investigation is the proper way to study a subject.

There are times when exposure to a wide variety of input can lead to synchronistic attraction to highly relevant material.

Great thread.Cool

Highwayman

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZE9KWU-ntBk
(02-15-2012, 10:35 AM)13TreeofLife13 Wrote: [ -> ]

I only started to discover anything that deviates from the conventional understanding of the world last year. I still have a long way to go until I have a good foundation on any topic.
So you are saying you are looking for advice on any topic related to non-conventional or deviant understanding?

(02-15-2012, 12:40 PM)Ecz Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-15-2012, 12:22 PM)13TreeofLife13 Wrote: [ -> ]Last year marked the beginning of my "awakenings." It is of course ongoing, but beforehand I was very ignorant.

Exciting times Smile
For me the process of acclimating to having an actual brain had extreme sways on various psychological levels. From no motivation at all to heaps of it, depression to ecstasy, and so on. Meditation became paramount (as daily practices go), even taking precedence over coffee. Shocking, I know.

I can relate. I feel like so much has changed in my life since I began going down this path of anything related to the things that are often covered on this website. I love learning this information or preferably experiencing it by chance, meditation, etc. Going from a philosophical, spiritual, sedentary lifestyle to this is truly life changing to the most extreme degree (I hope somebody doesn't get specific on semantics haha). I definitely need to start meditating more often though.

(02-15-2012, 10:48 PM)zenmaster Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-15-2012, 10:35 AM)13TreeofLife13 Wrote: [ -> ]

So you are saying you are looking for advice on any topic related to non-conventional or deviant understanding?

I am looking for books/documentaries/etc that people like enough to recommend to people. If you are really trying to understand (I don't know your intentions), then just know that I am content with everything that has been posted on this thread so far which includes the Johnny Cash song.
i would recomment

advanced course in yogi philosophy

and oriental occultism

by yogi ramacharaka

dont let the title throw u off it is a great book.

norral Heart
(02-16-2012, 10:47 AM)13TreeofLife13 Wrote: [ -> ]I am looking for books/documentaries/etc that people like enough to recommend to people. If you are really trying to understand (I don't know your intentions), then just know that I am content with everything that has been posted on this thread so far which includes the Johnny Cash song.
Yes, because I don't know your intentions, I'm trying to understand your intention to address the recommendation. If you go to therapist and ask them to recommend a therapy, they might reasonably ask "for what?". If you seek advice about anything, usually there is something that is seminal to the seeking, like a question for example. If such questions are not forthcoming, if you deny such questions, your exposure to info and learning will necessarily be limited to random attraction and association. Perhaps redundant, inefficient, distracting, etc.

It is great that you are content with everything, but what are you really looking for?
(02-16-2012, 12:55 PM)zenmaster Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-16-2012, 10:47 AM)13TreeofLife13 Wrote: [ -> ]I am looking for books/documentaries/etc that people like enough to recommend to people. If you are really trying to understand (I don't know your intentions), then just know that I am content with everything that has been posted on this thread so far which includes the Johnny Cash song.
Yes, because I don't know your intentions, I'm trying to understand your intention to address the recommendation. If you go to therapist and ask them to recommend a therapy, they might reasonably ask "for what?". If you seek advice about anything, usually there is something that is seminal to the seeking, like a question for example. If such questions are not forthcoming, if you deny such questions, your exposure to info and learning will necessarily be limited to random attraction and association. Perhaps redundant, inefficient, distracting, etc.

It is great that you are content with everything, but what are you really looking for?

I completely agree with you. I do get your perspective. In the end I don't really care what people suggest, but I would prefer how-to manuals if I had to be more specific.
The Meditator's Atlas: A Roadmap of the Inner World, by Matthew Flickstein

In short, it is a very technical analysis of the Buddha's "Path of Purification", detailing purification of virtue, mind, and view, cultivation of mindfulness, among many, many other things, basically covering every step of the path with a great deal of sophistication. I find I cannot put this book down and have read it cover to cover a few times already; this book is proof that enlightenment as honed by the Buddha is available for the modern individual. This book is truly profound and above all else, practical for any moment or situation, and especially useful for the Wanderer who seeks to better refine their approach and cultivation of light and love while here. Smile
(02-13-2012, 04:37 PM)norral Wrote: [ -> ]i would have to say the wanderers handbook by Carla is an excellent document for wanderers or those who think they are wanderers. it describes the journey ,the feelings , the experiences that many many wanderers have been thru and lets u know that u are not alone on this journey.

Thanks for reminding us what a good read this is, norral - I just started it yesterday and can barely put it down.
(02-16-2012, 02:52 PM)13TreeofLife13 Wrote: [ -> ]I would prefer how-to manuals if I had to be more specific.

The Act of Will, Psychosynthesis - Roberto Assagioli
What We May Be - Piero Ferrucci
Ruling Your World, Turning the Mind Into an Ally - Sakyong Mipham

Avocado

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pla...phWsnhZ4Ag It's called Paradise or Oblivion. I like this one because It has the potential to positively impact world views. It bridges a gap between the old paradigm and the new one in harmony with nature. It might help people give up the belief that we don't have the means or technology to feed, educate, shelter and cloth everyone.