Bring4th

Full Version: The Law of One Documentary Film
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everyone, I've been poking around this forum for a month now and have been reading LOO books for three or so. I work in graphic/web design and a portion of my work comes from the independent film industry. I've been pitching documentary film ideas to different people for about a year now - making a documentary is a bit of a dream of mine.

Anyway - I've had several meetings now about making The Law of One -- it's information, and the story of its acquisition -- into a feature length documentary. The idea has had nothing but excited responses with people sending me follow-up e-mails and phone calls regularly. More importantly I've spent a lot of time quietly considering the logistics of this project and feel like it is something that I both could and would want to take on.

I'm trying to remain realistic about the scope of this project and my ability to see it through, therefore I felt like the next logical step would be to post the idea here and see what opinions get offered. The way I've been pitching the film is similar to the mood of K-PAX, where the initial response of recoil and/or "weirdness" is played upon, but the compelling nature of the information presented will hopefully instill a feeling of mystery in the audience that causes at least a minor reassessment of what's possible. The philosophy behind other spiritual traditions will be paralleled as they seem relevant, etc.

In short - does this seem like a good idea? Why or why not? Thanks
good on you Ecz.

best of luck with it.
As a matter of fact, Ecz, I periodically would think of possible ways of presenting the material in the form of graphics plus narration broken with illustrative human behavior scenes. I never went very far, but I think that's more me and my limitations than anything else.

The only thing I "know" for sure is that at any particular stage of my life since exposure to the material I gained new insights into its depths of meaning.

I offer only that the process of working on such a project will give you new awareness of subtleties in the information. Also, you might come to the same conclusion as me, the inability of doing as good a job on the material as L/L Research originally published it.

I will be glad to help you in any way with the project, but at the same time I caution you not to spend a large budget too soon if you later on determine that it is best left as is.
(02-13-2012, 06:00 PM)kycahi Wrote: [ -> ]As a matter of fact, Ecz, I periodically would think of possible ways of presenting the material in the form of graphics plus narration broken with illustrative human behavior scenes. I never went very far, but I think that's more me and my limitations than anything else.

The only thing I "know" for sure is that at any particular stage of my life since exposure to the material I gained new insights into its depths of meaning.

I offer only that the process of working on such a project will give you new awareness of subtleties in the information. Also, you might come to the same conclusion as me, the inability of doing as good a job on the material as L/L Research originally published it.

I will be glad to help you in any way with the project, but at the same time I caution you not to spend a large budget too soon if you later on determine that it is best left as is.

I can absolutely see what you mean, in fact I think that's what caused me to want to take on the project so extremely early on in my exposure to it -- because it's obvious that one could dive into it and spend a lifetime digesting to some extent. Therefore now seems to be as good a time as any.

I would never try to take on conveying the material in any in-depth way, but rather outline some of the basic tenets and let people investigate further if the material "resonates." This would be something that I would be open to anyone's opinion on that has one -- what would a logical way to present an "overview" of the Ra material be?

Assuming the project continues to build momentum obviously -- the reality of these things is that they are much more likely to fizzle into oblivion than actually come to fruition. I'm just putting feelers out there for now.

Also, I'm of the opinion that it would be difficult to justify making this without being able to interview Carla. If anyone has any information on how to get in touch with her that would be very much appreciated.

I believe David Wilcock is working on a film called The Convergence which I believe covers Law of One topics. He's got the scriptwriter who wrote Contact on it. Maybe that will give some ideas.
(02-13-2012, 06:33 PM)Ecz Wrote: [ -> ]I would never try to take on conveying the material in any in-depth way, but rather outline some of the basic tenets and let people investigate further if the material "resonates." This would be something that I would be open to anyone's opinion on that has one -- what would a logical way to present an "overview" of the Ra material be?

This seems like an excellent approach. Here are some top of the head ideas. The title should include "The Law of One," but with more that puts it into perspective. E.g. "Observations of," "Ideas about," "Confronting," "For Beginners" etc.

Quote a good definition from the Material, leaving Ra out of it while you give interpretations of the definition. Then go as your creative mind carries you. Recall that 'What the (Bleep)' never really did much to expose Ramtha. They let the ideas carry the audience along, and I like that. The ideas are what you want to feature, not the unprovable source. Ra originally wanted the book's byline to be, simply, "An humble servant of the Law of One."

Ecz, you have my very best wishes for a good outcome!
So many movies always try to explain things in the form of story, which detracts from the original purpose of the work. It is further distortion is what Ra would definitely say.

Depends on how much it could reach people, how well it was marketed, etc etc. So many things
How much of it could you keep intact, what if it was something like what the bleep do we know?

but for spirituality? but to cover the whole story? hahaha where do you want to start?

or maybe make it a space opera instead of a documentary.. saga of the 6D wanderers from venus. lol
(02-13-2012, 06:33 PM)Ecz Wrote: [ -> ]Also, I'm of the opinion that it would be difficult to justify making this without being able to interview Carla. If anyone has any information on how to get in touch with her that would be very much appreciated.

Ecz,

You would first need to ask Carla if she would be open to being interviewed right now, as she is still in a very challenging condition. I have been reading in her blog that she's taking laps around the house, so whether she is strong enough to sit in a position that would be conducive for video shots is something she would have to answer.

Send me a PM Ecz. I'll be at L/L in late April, and if Carla is open to this, I can mic her, light her and shoot her in HD and send you the footage on an SD card.

There's also a friend of L/L who is a top notch broadcast video producer, who has done Wilcock's last video blog entry, and he might have the time to make the trip and capture the footage for you also. That's another option, but it is completely dependent upon his availability and ability to be of service at this time. But send me a PM to coordinate, if this is something that is of interest to you and we can discuss options.

Steve

(02-14-2012, 01:30 PM)BlatzAdict Wrote: [ -> ]So many movies always try to explain things in the form of story, which detracts from the original purpose of the work. It is further distortion is what Ra would definitely say.

Depends on how much it could reach people, how well it was marketed, etc etc. So many things
How much of it could you keep intact, what if it was something like what the bleep do we know?

but for spirituality? but to cover the whole story? hahaha where do you want to start?

or maybe make it a space opera instead of a documentary.. saga of the 6D wanderers from venus. lol

I see your point in the way of potential distortion - however I feel like actually educating people on the Law of One would be beyond the scope of the film. The idea is for the film to act as an event that opens the audience to possibilities that they hadn't considered previously.

The Law of One, the act of channeling, etc will be the subject, yes. However, I don't wish to educate the audience in any in-depth way - only provide tools for further investigation. Introduce the subject - and that's all. The film will hopefully be a way to evoke a sense of mystery that raises questions more so than answer them.

I don't see how marketing would be relevant to the film's quality, if one person watched it and got something out of it I would be cool with that.

Space opera... now you're talking.

(02-14-2012, 01:36 PM)Bring4th_Steve Wrote: [ -> ]Send me a PM Ecz.
Sent Smile
I like this idea and you current goal for implementation. It offers a "bridge" between the LOO and people who wouldnt normally be open to even reading a sentence of the LOO because they just see a black and white photo of Carla next to a bible and say to themselves "oh its looney crap" and move on.

A documentary could do this beautifully without having to vastly distort the source material to make it more palatable to the general public. Example: the bits and pieces of concepts that are being introduced via scifi entertainment, but have a made up plot surrounding it and thus is fiction.
(02-14-2012, 04:37 PM)DuncanIdahoTPF Wrote: [ -> ]...they just see a black and white photo of Carla next to a bible and say to themselves "oh its looney crap" and move on.

A documentary could do this beautifully without having to vastly distort the source material to make it more palatable to the general public. Example: the bits and pieces of concepts that are being introduced via scifi entertainment, but have a made up plot surrounding it and thus is fiction.

My thoughts exactly
dear Ecz

i think its a great idea man. the world right now is so so hungry for something positive to replace the negativity and crap the msm is constantly feeding us. especially the young , so many young people want nothing to do with organized religion and i understand that completely , why would u. i think it would help a lot, and i mean a lot of people who are looking for something and are not quite sure what it is.

norral
This is a doc waiting to be made...perhaps you're the chosen one, Ecz...Shy Why not?

It's up to you, if you feel you're up to it and if you get the support you need.

quote:
The way I've been pitching the film is similar to the mood of K-PAX, where the initial response of recoil and/or "weirdness" is played upon, but the compelling nature of the information presented will hopefully instill a feeling of mystery in the audience that causes at least a minor reassessment of what's possible. The philosophy behind other spiritual traditions will be paralleled as they seem relevant, etc. quote

This appears to me to be an excellent approach.

I'm sure there are some here who will support your efforts however we can. Please keep us informed....Cool
I've already relayed my thoughts to you through PM Ecz. Smile This is an amazing idea, and I'm sure you would be able to get support far beyond our wonderful community here (Alex Grey comes to mind, Davids Wilcock & Icke). Considering where we are now in the world I'd say your desire to manifest and go forward with this is a very, very, very good sign that the mass awakening of humanity is only gaining rapid momentum and will in no way slow down. This is the Will of the Creator in flux.

We're all behind you 1111%! BigSmile
I appreciate the kind words from everyone very much. Steve was kind enough to get me in touch with Gary - the L/L Research admin who works directly with Jim and Carla on a daily basis. Initial correspondence has been very promising, Gary seems to think there is no reason to assume Carla wouldn't be on board for this. I sent over my initial 'proposal' of how I envision the film this morning and am waiting to hear back.

I've had two different high-quality, HD cameras offered to be lent for the project for free. I've also had two people offer their services who edit footage as their profession (although I plan to do most of this myself, I will certainly be going to them for help). One person offered their help with motion graphics, also in this field professionally. Multiple people have offered music for the score and a business associate who used to be a pilot is even looking into helping me with my airfare.

Needless to say, the outpouring of help on this project has been staggering. I'm extremely excited to get started and will be posting with updates as things unfold.
Awesome Ecz. Sounds like you have amazing connections. Can't wait to see how it turns out.
i just hope the forums don't get flooded Tongue what if LOO becomes popular

i also wouldn't push this too hard as there's some dark info in the LOO, some took me about a year to even get somewhat over.
(02-16-2012, 08:13 PM)Oceania Wrote: [ -> ]i just hope the forums don't get flooded Tongue what if LOO becomes popular

I believe it would be in the Creator's best interests if the written Law of One material became popular since, y'know... we're all a part of/are it and whatnot, and everybody has a right to know the truth about their real nature as opposed to sustained dwelling in the illusion. ZZzz
Haven't some of the "religions" like buddhism out there been pushing the truth for 1000's of years? I think everyone's had ample chances to seek out and find.
Yep, but this time around we have these ancient truths being confirmed and relayed to us with extremely intelligent sophistication by a higher dimensional being, as well as other information that cannot possibly be held by any human. Wink
Coming from my standpoint as a former die-hard atheist, who thought that most of the religions were roughly the same and had no reason to believe the eastern religions were any different, I would have appreciated something that is more palatable to introduce me to the LOO than searching google for "Dec 21 2012" and stumbling on it. I have been mentally / emotionally capable of reading the LOO since I was in my early teens, I can only imagine how much happier/ more stable my life might be if I could have consciously known for that long. That knowledge also could have protected me from emotional turmoil that occurred since then(growing up), as it would have been easier to deal with it in the moment.

The Ra Material was out back then, I just had no way of finding it. This leads me to hope that a documentary would make anyone remotely similar to my standpoint back then much more likely to find the LOO. So to answer you un-asked question, GW, no, I don't think everyone has had ample chance. And while time seems to be extremely short (maybe too short to complete this project), I don't see how working to awaken even a handful of people with this could hurt.
i don't want itihe LOO to get some bible isyndrome where iti's treated like some iiinifalliblei thing. iwe knoiw how any book igoes, people will take it the wrong way.

Zachary

Would Heart to see this!!!
(02-13-2012, 04:52 PM)Ecz Wrote: [ -> ]Hello everyone, I've been poking around this forum for a month now and have been reading LOO books for three or so. I work in graphic/web design and a portion of my work comes from the independent film industry. I've been pitching documentary film ideas to different people for about a year now - making a documentary is a bit of a dream of mine.

Anyway - I've had several meetings now about making The Law of One -- it's information, and the story of its acquisition -- into a feature length documentary. The idea has had nothing but excited responses with people sending me follow-up e-mails and phone calls regularly. More importantly I've spent a lot of time quietly considering the logistics of this project and feel like it is something that I both could and would want to take on.

I'm trying to remain realistic about the scope of this project and my ability to see it through, therefore I felt like the next logical step would be to post the idea here and see what opinions get offered. The way I've been pitching the film is similar to the mood of K-PAX, where the initial response of recoil and/or "weirdness" is played upon, but the compelling nature of the information presented will hopefully instill a feeling of mystery in the audience that causes at least a minor reassessment of what's possible. The philosophy behind other spiritual traditions will be paralleled as they seem relevant, etc.

In short - does this seem like a good idea? Why or why not? Thanks

Beginning my journey with the Law of One and I happened to come across this thread. Having worked in television and film , I wonder if you’ve gotten any closer to your goal of creating a documentary.

Many blessings,
StarDestin
I think its a great idea! Better do it while the 3rd member of the group is still around.

Oh wait - i didnt realize this thread was 6 years old lol