Bring4th

Full Version: Metaphors for STO and STS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
in third density, we are still grasping at the straws of 'UNITY'. Everything appears polarised: either hot or cold, pleasure or pain, male or female, positive or negative, this or that. The many balancing exercises that Ra prescribes can go some way to addressing this bipolar way of viewing creation.

one of the biggest divides is that between STO and STS. Now admittedly, this is a HUGE DIVIDE that is not resolved until 6th Density and above, so it seems almost folly to try and mend the breach at our level of existence. The fundamental lesson of 3d is quite simple: achieve 51% or 95%, and the choice is up to you.

for those who might wish to try and balance STO and STS understandings, a compare and contrast of different manifestations might be helpful.

Ra offers quite a few of these contrasts. I have collected some here.

A WARNING: some of these might be quite challenging to your sense of Acceptance.

- -

93.3 Another method of viewing polarities might involve the concept of radiation/absorption.

That which is positive is radiant; that which is negative is absorbent.

- -

29.10 Questioner: Do the sub-Logoi such as our sun have a metaphysical polarity positive or negative as we have been using the term?

Ra: I am Ra. As you use the term, this is not so. Entities through the level of planetary have the strength of intelligent infinity through the use of free will, going through the actions of beingness. The polarity is not thusly as you understand polarity. It is only when the planetary sphere begins harmonically interacting with mind/body complexes, and more especially mind/body/spirit complexes, that planetary spheres take on distortions due to the thought complexes of entities interacting with the planetary entity. The creation of the One Infinite Creator does not have the polarity you speak of.

- -

19.16 Questioner: Can you tell me what bias creates the momentum towards the chosen path of service to self?

Ra: I am Ra. We can speak only in metaphor. Some love the light. Some love the darkness. It is a matter of the unique and infinitely various Creator choosing and playing among its experiences as a child upon a picnic. Some enjoy the picnic and find the sun beautiful, the food delicious, the games refreshing, and glow with the joy of creation. Some find the night delicious, their picnic being pain, difficulty, sufferings of others, and the examination of the perversities of nature. These enjoy a different picnic.

All these experiences are available. It is the free will of each entity which chooses the form of play, the form of pleasure.

- -

44.3 Questioner: Can you tell me what the tone was that I heard in my left ear when you started your communication?

Ra: I am Ra. This was a negatively oriented signal.

44.4 Questioner: Can you tell me how I would hear a positively oriented signal?

Ra: I am Ra. Two types there are of positive signal. First, in the right ear location the signal indicates a sign that you are being given some unworded message saying, “Listen. Take heed.” The other positive sign is the tone above the head which is a balanced confirmation of a thought.

- -

7.15 The Law of One blinks neither at the light nor the darkness, but is available for service to others and service to self. However, service to others results in service to self, thus preserving and further harmonizing the distortions of those entities seeking intelligent infinity through these disciplines.

It should be noted, carefully pondered, and accepted, that the Law of One is available to any social memory complex which has decided to strive together for any seeking of purpose, be it service to others or service to self. The laws, which are the primal distortions of the Law of One, then are placed into operation and the illusion of space/time is used as a medium for the development of the results of those choices freely made. Thus all entities learn, no matter what they seek. All learn the same, some rapidly, some slowly.

- -

12.15 Questioner: Is it possible for an entity here on Earth to be so confused as to call both the Confederation and the Orion group in an alternating way, first one, then the other, and then back to the first again?

Ra: I am Ra. It is entirely possible for the untuned channel, as you call that service, to receive both positive and negative communications. If the entity at the base of its confusion is oriented toward service to others, the entity will begin to receive messages of doom. If the entity at the base of the complex of beingness is oriented towards service to self, the crusaders, who in this case, do not find it necessary to lie, will simply begin to give the philosophy they are here to give. Many of your so-called contacts among your people have been confused and self-destructive because the channels were oriented towards service to others but, in the desire for proof, were open to the lying information of the crusaders who then were able to neutralize the effectiveness of the channel

- -

16.29 Questioner: I would like to make an analogy as to why there are fewer negatively oriented, and then ask you if the analogy is good.

In a positively oriented society with service to others, it would be simple to move a large boulder by getting everyone to help move it. In a society oriented towards service to self, it would be much more difficult to get everyone to work for the good of all to move the boulder; therefore, it is much easier to get things done to create the service to others principle and to grow in positively oriented communities than in negatively oriented communities. Is this correct?

Ra: I am Ra. This is correct.

3DMonkey

It is challenging. Smile (how is acceptance radiant and rejection absorbent?)

First of all, saying it is "bipolar" is very funny to me. Seriously, it is our nature. Dichotomy- male female, right left, up down, good evil, right wrong, 2 eyes, 2 hemispheres, 2 2 2. Two is inherent.

To get to the sixth density "balance", we might consider the sixth archetype, the transformation.
thanks 3D.

yes, I've been trying to clarify the essential nature of what STO and STS is.

I think on our planet, we are still caught up in this notion of 'doing' and 'deeds'. And that Service to Others is very much read as charitable acts..

that is the space/time understanding of it.

In the time/space equivalent of where Wanderers come from, I am thinking that STO is more attitude based, and revolves how we 'view' other beings, rather than treat them, although thoughts will also end up as actions at some point.

in time/space, the root of Service to Others thinking might be:

I see the Other Self, I see Another Me, for there is only one consciousness that binds us all.

whereas a Service to Self entity might think:

I see the Other Self, I don't see Myself, unless they are enslaved to my group.

- -

this Attitude or Mental Pre-Configuration is what I think is underpinning the STO and STS actions that we see played out.

but the Intent comes first.
I dunno the description of sts from the Ra books indicate.
"Some find the night delicious, their picnic being pain, difficulty, sufferings of others, and the examination of the perversities of nature."

That doesn't sound sts to me, it sounds just like a confused being.

To me everyone is sts, because you are always yourself, you are all that is, you are consciousness.

So unless you want drama and pain, you will naturally gravitate towards the distortion you prefer the most.

To me, if i take responsibility for what i am and what i want it becomes quite simple.

3DMonkey

What of we look at each part of the trinity, m/b/s, as a separately polarizing piece?

The physical body being the most space/time, action based

The spirit being the most time/space, unity derived.

The mind, beginning of consciousness, being the link.

The archetypes walk us through the processes of polarizing each.

@Plenum, I'm guessing you are digging into the Mind's with this thread. ?

To stir thought, I will say that most of our interactions confront how we perceive a situation and possibly moreso, how we think an other perceives a situation. Thus, the polarization of mind is, in a sense, all about intent rather than action.

Meerie

(02-14-2012, 06:38 PM)plenum Wrote: [ -> ]93.3 Another method of viewing polarities might involve the concept of radiation/absorption.

positive - radiant - Sun
negative - absorbent - black hole

The first one gives, the other one takes
It is interesting, because I see that in people too... some people are like black holes, they take take take all they can get, and when you get too close to them they suck you in.
Whereas others simply radiate and one bathes in the light of their presence Smile

3DMonkey

What are some examples of non-acceptance being absorbent?

Meerie

why are you talking about non-acceptance?
or rejection?
(is that supposed to be STS?)
ohmygod I am posting in "strictly LOO". These are end times, truly

3DMonkey

Isn't it?
(02-15-2012, 10:20 AM)Meerie Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-14-2012, 06:38 PM)plenum Wrote: [ -> ]93.3 Another method of viewing polarities might involve the concept of radiation/absorption.

positive - radiant - Sun
negative - absorbent - black hole

The first one gives, the other one takes
It is interesting, because I see that in people too... some people are like black holes, they take take take all they can get, and when you get too close to them they suck you in.
Whereas others simply radiate and one bathes in the light of their presence Smile

When a black hole devours something, it yields x-rays.. tho we cant see x-rays as light, its still energy.
The more massive the hole, the smaller the eaten object can/have_to/will become concentrated into before it escapes the holes gravity. (strengthening ones solar plexus automaticaly yields a higher frequency violet ray)

Only energy above a certain treshold is radiated when somewhat neutral/balanced.

The positive polarity dont have this restraint on giving only what is in excess as a baseline, it has to be learned through experience...
Giving everything one has the second one attain it (reflection) is most sustainable in a world of mirrors; where you are the other self you gave your energies to...

And alike; the negative polarity have to learn when one is full and giving is beneficial... Like, to prevent overheating.
Easily done through dumping ones energies into the universe (the crown chakra), aslong as you have mass (solar plexus), the energy did not leave you for good.

3DMonkey

To reject a radiant act would be pulling the radiation towards self because in order for the positive polarity to remain positive it must continue to radiate, thus seeking out the absorbent polarity. When absorption meets absorption, the two cannot face each other but can work side by side. Same with radiant.

Absorbent is a challenge to radiation to continue to radiate or else give in to absorption. (like the Emperor challenging Luke to give into the dark side Wink).

Likewise, radiating is a challenge to absorption to continue to absorb or else give in to radiation (like a parent loving a depressed child until the child begins to laugh again)
Smile there is a relevant example to this, that we've all played part in. The 3DM versus management episode.

If you can follow, one rejection led to another and to another to another.

The only reason I'm brave enough to bring this back up is because it ultimately led to an optimistic revelation within this community. That, and I think it is relevant to this thread.

It was the community here that continued to radiate. You can find a number of living members that posted in the "breakdown" thread started by Plenum. Think of those posts as radiating. You all stayed true to positive efforts, and in turn transformed me from absorption, so to speak, into your own radiance. Then, the compounding affect, in turn, transformed management from rejection into acceptance.

You all radiated! Bravo!
I assumed that those who are STO delight in, and have as their primary intentions, the spreading of positivity to others, acting from wholesome/skillful grounds of thought as opposed to STS seeing no value in others and using others as means to an end to satisfy the self/the desire to serve the ego and the ego's false assumptions of what it deserves or does not deserve, what the self should be and should not be doing/in, etc.

Perhaps the distinction of radiance and absorption can be taken literally, in that STO individuals usually have the inherent quality of being humble (or attempting to be constantly), and rather than wanting to take anything offered would rather give to others instead; what they offer would be love and light in the form of joyful words and deeds. The absorbent STS seek instead to hoard and assimilate the light and love around them for themselves and think predominately of satiating ones own thirst before that of others. Nobody is either or, seeing as how we're all human and have to deal with STS/STO situations on a daily basis (or rather, the situation/circumstances are self-less and only become STS/STO-oriented based on how we approach them)?

P.S. It feels great to finally type behind a computer again as opposed to the tedious task of trying to post from an iPod. -_-
What are "perversities of nature."? Is that any kind of sexual fetish?
(02-15-2012, 04:24 PM)Gemini Wolf Wrote: [ -> ]What are "perversities of nature."? Is that any kind of sexual fetish?

I am thinking physical deformities, genetic engineering of human/animal hybirds (centaurs; dolphins with human faces, sphinx), perveted sex magic, perverted ritual magic.

mind you, when Ra uses the word 'perversion', I think they may be using it in the original latin sense of 'turning away' or 'to turn the wrong way' rather than in any judgemental, disgusted sense.

- -

big thanks to @3DM for this post:

(02-15-2012, 09:50 AM)3DMonkey Wrote: [ -> ]What of we look at each part of the trinity, m/b/s, as a separately polarizing piece?

The physical body being the most space/time, action based

The spirit being the most time/space, unity derived.

The mind, beginning of consciousness, being the link.

The archetypes walk us through the processes of polarizing each.

@Plenum, I'm guessing you are digging into the Mind's with this thread. ?

definitely cracking open the nut here Tongue
Oh good. So I don't have to worry that my sometimes different thoughts are making me STS or reducing my STO polarity.

3DMonkey

Hey Oh!!

Quote:80.17 Questioner: How would you describe the Significator of the Spirit?
Ra: I am Ra. In answer to the previous query we set about doing just this. The Significator of the Spirit is that living entity which either radiates or absorbs the love and the light of the One Infinite Creator, radiates it to others or absorbs it for the self.

Shin'Ar

Service to Others is simply living by the Golden Rule.

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you. It is Unselfish Love without expectation. And it creates the distortion which brings one closer to connecting with the Intelligent Infinity.

3DMonkey

(02-23-2012, 08:09 PM)ShinAr Wrote: [ -> ]Service to Others is simply living by the Golden Rule.

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you. It is Unselfish Love without expectation. And it creates the distortion which brings one closer to connecting with the Intelligent Infinity.

I agree in theory. It doesn't happen in practice. For instance, take the manager/employee relationship. Easy enough if your an employee- 'what would I want from me if I was my manager? - good work and responsibility'. Very difficult if you are the boss- 'what would I want if I were my employee? - a raise, a promotion, my position'. This why we hear the defense that "I need to be a little STS in order to be better sto". It's also why STS is fixated on hierarchy.

"The greater number were those which had been instructed by rabbi and elder to make jest of this entity, for those of the hierarchy feared this entity who seemed to be one of them, giving respect to their laws and then, in their eyes, betraying those time-honored laws and taking the people with it."
this is a very interesting passage that I had seen referenced before, but never read directly:

Quote:19.17 Questioner: I assume that an entity on either path can decide to change paths at any time and possibly retrace steps, the path changing being more difficult the farther along the path the change is made. Is this correct?

Ra: I am Ra. This is incorrect. The further an entity has, what you would call, polarized, the more easily this entity may change polarity, for the more power and awareness the entity will have.

Those truly helpless are those who have not consciously chosen but who repeat patterns without knowledge of the repetition or the meaning of the pattern.

so essentially, the more that we become the Creator, the more potentials are unlocked and recognised, so the easier it is to switch roles? To go from STO to STS and vice-versa. WOW!

I would have assumed Don's line of thinking in that the further you go down one road, the further into that 'vibration' you get, and the harder it is to change (so of like studying 2.5 years of Science, and then wanting to switch to an Arts Major and starting from scratch. But Ra says differently, you get 'credit' for those courses lol).

The last paragraph is especially poigant:

Those truly helpless are those who have not consciously chosen but who repeat patterns without knowledge of the repetition or the meaning of the pattern.

that makes my heart open and literally cry.

Ignorance is the Greatest of All Curses. Hence our education system keeping people in the dark. I went through that. Didn't like it one bit Tongue

peace y'all

3DMonkey

Although, ignorance is bliss. I've been training myself to do as the Romans do, so to speak. It's not profitable to be "in this world but not of this world". I'm trying to be of this world.

Look up howstuffworks- polarized lens. Think of self as the lens, a living antenna for love/light. It's a pretty cool analogy for the "flip".

Btw, "adept" isn't an hierarchical title. I'm an adept at tying my shoelaces. I'm an adept at washing my hands. It's a relative term denoting a matrix-thru-greatway completion.
The Golden Rule works everywhere, boss-employee relationships has nothing to do with it.
That is service to others in exchange for money, which is another form of service.

It is a simple energy exchange. If you are a bad boss, you keep yelling with them instead of understanding what you might need to do.
You do not ever need to yell with a bad employee - if he is not capable of doing the work he should, then he is incompatible for this kind of exchange, and you part ways without anger from your part, simple as that.

The "real world" might have structures that are not fit for living by the Golden Rule, but that is just on the surface. If you give up your so-called pride and realize that you do not need to be treated well to treat others well first, THAT is when the magic happens.

You do not need a fair boss to be a good employee.
did you post on the wrong thread Oldern?

this looks like it belongs in Diana's thread?

Smile
(02-24-2012, 09:58 AM)plenum Wrote: [ -> ]did you post on the wrong thread Oldern?

Smile

Actually, it was a response to 3DMonkey's post.
(02-24-2012, 10:54 AM)Oldern Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-24-2012, 09:58 AM)plenum Wrote: [ -> ]did you post on the wrong thread Oldern?

Smile

Actually, it was a response to 3DMonkey's post.

oh, sorry for that. My assumption. They also started talking about managers and work here:

http://www.bring4th.org/forums/showthrea...5#pid73045

I must have got confused.

Apologies. Shy

3DMonkey

(02-24-2012, 07:32 AM)Oldern Wrote: [ -> ]The Golden Rule works everywhere, boss-employee relationships has nothing to do with it.
That is service to others in exchange for money, which is another form of service.

It is a simple energy exchange. If you are a bad boss, you keep yelling with them instead of understanding what you might need to do.
You do not ever need to yell with a bad employee - if he is not capable of doing the work he should, then he is incompatible for this kind of exchange, and you part ways without anger from your part, simple as that.

The "real world" might have structures that are not fit for living by the Golden Rule, but that is just on the surface. If you give up your so-called pride and realize that you do not need to be treated well to treat others well first, THAT is when the magic happens.

You do not need a fair boss to be a good employee.

Did you read my analogy? It wasn't to describe bosses and employees.

What I was explaining was that people don't do unto others as they would have them do unto them. If I were my child, then I would want daddy home every day and ice cream for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. I am not doing unto my child as I would have them do unto me.

Shin'Ar

Do NOT do unto others that which you would not want done to you.

3DMonkey

Treat others as if they were your grandmother.
(02-24-2012, 02:15 PM)3DMonkey Wrote: [ -> ]Treat others as if they were your grandmother.

treat others as if they were your favourite pet dog when it was younger and helpless and had such big cute eyes
All written or spoken guides and rules fail at some point. There is no normative template for everything.

This is my truth.
Find in the emptiness the truth you are looking for. Reshape it and you reshape yourself, the emptiness is full. The full is empty.

Shin'Ar

When one understands that existence is what they make it, they have two choices. They can make it a place that they would like to experience, or a place that they would not want to experience. If you create a place where love abounds than all will find love there and all will benefit. If you create a place void of love, than you will find yourself living in that existence with the type of beings that do not abide in love. So if we seek love we must create love. We reap that which we we sow.

When we serve others, we ultimately benefit ourselves because we are one with those that we serve.

When we serve only ourselves, we may ultimately benefit in some way depending on the results, but the All will not benefit as directly as it would have if we had served others first of all. So service to self simply prolongs the ultimate benefit.

this really has nothing to do with economics or personal gain, it is about vibration, or as Ra would call it, distortion. STO brings about the types of vibration that will move us quicker into a connection with both higher density and the Intelligent Infinity connection. Service to self might also acquire those states of being, but at a far slower pace.

When the change occurs, those of STO will have a much greater chance of reaching the proper vibration than those who practice STS, so they take a great risk of having to do third dimension all over again. Is STS worth that risk?

All around, STO offers more to an entity than STS. STS can be experienced by those who choose it, but they do so at the risk of a much slower development of vibration into higher density.
Pages: 1 2