Bring4th

Full Version: "Do what thou wilt" - a brief examination of Aleister Crowley
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Crowley has the moniker of "the wickedest man in the world."

his most famous saying is:

"Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law"

this is strangely consonant with:

Quote:16.18 Questioner: It would be wholly unlike an entity fully aware of the knowledge of the Law of One to ever say “Thou shalt not.” Is this correct?

Ra: I am Ra. This is correct.

this freedom of thought and action extended into the sexual realm, and human beings giving satisfaction to their desires. So called sex magik borders closely to this:

- -

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sex_magic#Aleister_Crowley

While the O.T.O. included, from its inception, the teaching of sex magick in the highest degrees of the Order, when Crowley became head of the Order, he expanded on these teachings and associated them with different degrees as follows:[8]

VIII°: masturbatory or autosexual magical techniques were taught, referred as the Lesser Work of Sol
IX°: heterosexual magical techniques were taught
XI°: anal intercourse magical techniques were taught.

Professor Hugh Urban, Professor of Comparative Religion at Ohio State University, noted Crowley's emphasis on sex as "the supreme magical power".[6]
According to Crowley:

The Book of the Law solves the sexual problem completely. Each individual has an absolute right to satisfy his sexual instinct as is physiologically proper for him. The one injunction is to treat all such acts as sacraments. One should not eat as the brutes, but in order to enable one to do one's will. The same applies to sex. We must use every faculty to further the one object of our existence.[9]

- -

Ra would seem to support this:

Quote:61.6 It is well to know the body complex so that it is an ally, balanced and ready to be clearly used as a tool, for each bodily function may be used in higher and higher, if you will, complexes of energy with other-self.

- -

and then we have the 2 questions that Don asked about this individual, and the answers came as quite a surprise to me. Ra says Mr Crowley was positive!

- -

18.10 Questioner: The entity Aleister Crowley wrote “Do what thou wilt is the whole of the law.” He was obviously of some understanding of the Law of One. Where is this entity now?

Ra: I am Ra. This entity is within your inner planes. This entity is in an healing process.

18.11 Questioner: Did this entity, then, even though he intellectually understood the Law of One, misuse it and have to go through this healing process?

Ra: I am Ra. This entity became, may we use the vibration sound complex, overstimulated with the true nature of things. This over-stimulation resulted in behavior that was beyond the conscious control of the entity. The entity thus, in many attempts to go through the process of balancing, as we have described the various centers beginning with the red ray and moving upwards, became somewhat overly impressed or caught up in this process and became alienated from other-selves. This entity was positive. However, its journey was difficult due to the inability to use, synthesize, and harmonize the understandings of the desires of the self so that it might have shared, in full compassion, with other-selves. This entity thus became very unhealthy, as you may call it, in a spiritual complex manner, and it is necessary for those with this type of distortion towards inner pain to be nurtured in the inner planes until such an entity is capable of viewing the experiences again with the lack of distortion towards pain.

- -

more on: do what thou wilt http://tim.maroney.org/CrowleyIntro/Do_W..._Wilt.html

Crowley's drug use: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aleister_Cr...e_of_drugs

3DMonkey

This is good information.

It adds to some of my suspicions.
what susp

3DMonkey

(02-18-2012, 09:40 AM)Oceania Wrote: [ -> ]what susp

Who is getting "freaky"

LOL, Austin Powers probably has the oddest foreplay scenes. If he could ever complete the scene, what kind of magic would form?
(innuendo)
Dance is always a great way to use our powerful shakti energy, and it can be quite entertaining and fun. Just look at Spandy Andy. BigSmile

I don't know alot about AC, but from what I understand he had a difficult/ abusive childhood, so unless he healed from all of that, it would have been very difficult to raise the energy to the higher chakras, compassion and green ray being key here, from my perspective.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmzqQvEp4IM

About magick in the form of ART!
My grandmother had many of his texts, but taught me that there were "traps" for the unwary in his writings. I steer clear of AC in general. Dion Fortune was much more "clear" in my opinion, and far more subtle and intriguing on the polarity and sexual relations between men and women--even though you can see some Victorian culture peeking through.

RA also states that

Ra: I am Ra. The energy transfer occurs in one releasing of the potential difference. This does not leap between green and green energy centers but is the sharing of the energies of each from red ray upwards. In this context it may be seen to be at its most efficient when both entities have orgasm simultaneously. However, it functions as transfer if either has the orgasm and indeed in the case of the physically expressed love between a mated pair which does not have the conclusion you call orgasm there is, nonetheless, a considerable amount of energy transferred due to the potential difference which has been raised as long as both entities are aware of this potential and release its strength to each other by desire of the will in a mental or mind complex dedication. You may see this practice as being used to generate energy transfers in some of your practices of what you may call other than Christian religious distortion systems of the Law of One.

Questioner: Did most Logoi plan, before the veil, to create a system of random sexual activity or the specific pairing of entities for specific periods of time, or did they have an objective in this respect?
Ra: I am Ra. This shall be the last full query of this working.

The harvest from the previous creation was that which included the male and female mind/body/spirit. It was the intention of the original Logoi that entities mate with one another in any fashion which caused a greater polarization. It was determined, after observation of the process of many Logoi, that polarization increased many fold if the mating were not indiscriminate. Consequent Logoi thusly preserved a bias towards the mated relationship which is more characteristic of more disciplined personalities and of what you may call higher densities. The free will of each entity, however, was always paramount and a bias only could be offered.

This may be a harsh saying, but I think one should look at the actual life of a person to see what the spirituality s/he proffers will yield (in terms of the personality, not wealth). I don't think Aleister Crowley lived in joy from what I've read of his life.

And here's Ra's take on homosexuality:

"Questioner: We have what seems to be an increasing number of entities incarnate here now who have what is called a homosexual orientation. Could you explain and expand upon that concept?

Ra: I am Ra. Entities of this condition experience a great deal of distortion due to the fact that they have experienced many incarnations as biological male and as biological female. This would not suggest what you call homosexuality in an active phase were it not for the difficult vibratory condition of your planetary sphere. There is what you may call great aura infringement among your crowded urban areas in your more populous countries, as you call portions of your planetary surface. Under these conditions the confusions will occur.

Questioner: Why does density of population create these confusions?

Ra: I am Ra. The bisexual reproductive urge has as its goal, not only the simple reproductive function, but more especially the desire to serve others being awakened by this activity.

In an over-crowded situation where each mind/body/spirit complex is under constant bombardment from other-selves it is understandable that those who are especially sensitive would not feel the desire to be of service to otherselves. This would also increase the probability of a lack of desire or a blockage of the red ray reproductive energy.

In an uncrowded atmosphere this same entity would, through the stimulus of feeling the solitude about it, then have much more desire to seek out someone to whom it may be of service thus regularizing the sexual reproductive function.

Questioner: Roughly how many previous incarnations would a male entity in this incarnation have had to have had in the past as a female to have a highly homosexual orientation in this incarnation?

Ra: I am Ra. If an entity has had roughly 65% of its incarnations in the sexual/biological body complex, the opposite polarity to its present body complex, this entity is vulnerable to infringement of your urban areas and may perhaps become of what you call an homosexual nature.

It is to be noted at this juncture that although it is much more difficult, it is possible in this type of association for an entity to be of great service to another in fidelity and sincere green ray love of a nonsexual nature thus adjusting or lessening the distortions of its sexual impairment.

Questioner: Is there an imprint occurring on the DNA coding of an entity so that sexual biases are imprinted due to early sexual experiences?

Ra: I am Ra. This is partially correct. Due to the nature of solitary sexual experiences, it is in most cases unlikely that what you call masturbation has an imprinting effect upon later experiences.

This is similarly true with some of the encounters which might be seen as homosexual among those of this age group. These are often, instead, innocent exercises in curiosity.

However, it is quite accurate that the first experience in which the mind/body/spirit complex is intensely involved will indeed imprint upon the entity for that life experience a set of preferences."

Now I'd say that was pretty harsh overall. I see no reason to judge another's choices, but Ra calls homosexuality "a sexual impairment" and then goes on to state that there may be consequences to masturbation.

Certainly not a popular view today...and it really doesn't sound much like AC's philosophy except in the idea that we all have choices.
(02-18-2012, 02:19 PM)abstrktion Wrote: [ -> ]Now I'd say that was pretty harsh overall. I see no reason to judge another's choices, but Ra calls homosexuality "a sexual impairment" and then goes on to state that there may be consequences to masturbation.

yeah, pretty tough call there.
Unrelated to the specific comments about sexuality above...

I believe Ra is telling us that we are granted choice--we can choose to do ANYTHING. However, we all know that there are causes and consequences. No one is "required" to choose the path of the Adept, but unrepressed self-discipline (in mind--meditation, and body--temperance) seems to be essential on that path--it is like the Matrix and Potentiator of Body.

78.11 Questioner: Could you elaborate please on the nature and quality of the matrix and the potentiator?

Ra: I am Ra. In the mind complex the matrix may be described as consciousness. It has been called the Magician. It is to be noted that of itself consciousness is unmoved. The potentiator of consciousness is the unconscious. This encompasses a vast realm of potential in the mind.

In the body the matrix may be seen as Balanced Working or Even Functioning. Note that here the matrix is always active with no means of being inactive. The potentiator of the body complex, then, may be called Wisdom for it is only through judgment that the unceasing activities and proclivities of the body complex may be experienced in useful modes.

4.17 Questioner: I have no idea how long this would take. Is it possible for you to give a synopsis of the program of training required? I have no knowledge of what questions to ask at this point.
Ra: I am Ra. We consider your request for information, for as you noted, there are a significant number of vibratory sound complexes which can be used in sequence to train the healer.

The synopsis is a very appropriate entry that you might understand what is involved.

Firstly, the mind must be known to itself. This is perhaps the most demanding part of healing work. If the mind knows itself then the most important aspect of healing has occurred, for consciousness is the microcosm of the Law of One.

The second part has to do with the disciplines of the body complexes. In the streamings reaching your planet at this time, these understandings and disciplines have to do with the balance between love and wisdom in the use of the body in its natural functions.

The third area is the spiritual, and in this area the first two disciplines are connected through the attainment of contact with intelligent infinity.

61.6 Questioner: I would like to ask questions about healing exercises. The first is, in the healing exercises concerning the body, what do you mean by the disciplines of the body having to do with the balance between love and wisdom in the use of the body in its natural functions?

Ra: I am Ra. We shall speak more briefly than usual due to this instrument’s use of the transferred energy. We, therefore, request further queries if our reply is not sufficient.

The body complex has natural functions. Many of these have to do with the unmanifested self and are normally not subject to the need for balancing. There are natural functions which have to do with other-self. Among these are touching, loving, the sexual life, and those times when the company of another is craved to combat the type of loneliness which is the natural function of the body as opposed to those types of loneliness which are of the mind/emotion complex or of the spirit.

When these natural functions may be observed in the daily life they may be examined in order that the love of self and love of other-self versus the wisdom regarding the use of natural functions may be observed. There are many fantasies and stray thoughts which may be examined in most of your peoples in this balancing process.

Equally to be balanced is the withdrawal from the need for these natural functions with regard to other-self. On the one hand there is an excess of love. It must be determined whether this is love of self or other-self or both. On the other hand there is an over-balance towards wisdom.

It is well to know the body complex so that it is an ally, balanced and ready to be clearly used as a tool, for each bodily function may be used in higher and higher, if you will, complexes of energy with other-self. No matter what the behavior, the important balancing is the understanding of each interaction on this level with other-selves so that whether the balance may be love/wisdom or wisdom/love, the other-self is seen by the self in a balanced configuration and the self is thus freed for further work."

I have to say that these same ideas are found in many major religions, but have hardened into restrictive dogma that denies the natural functions of the body instead of suggesting that we attempt to use them wisely.

All is choice, but I believe strength and self-discipline are required of the Adept as much as Love--and many people don't want to hear that any more than they want to hear the idea that drugs aren't going to increase their spirituality or clarity (they just help you bypass the conscious and go back to the connection you had prior to the evolution of consciousness...which is regression. The goal is to be able to train the consciousness to function in the unconscious realm. There are no shortcuts, IMO.) Nevertheless, all is choice. Some want to experience this, so the Creator has offered them the opportunity to do so.

It is a difficult thing to face, but in many cases, people decide what they want to do anyways, then find a philosophy or religion that tells them it's ok to do it, or even praises them for it...(cynical view brought to you by one of my former students...when an 11th-grader has already seen through people and institutions to this extent, I think there's hope for the world! BigSmile).

Hmmm...I'm thinking I'm about to be the least popular contributor to this forum...Please disregard anything I've said that sounds like I'm imposing my will. These are just my interpretations. I'm sure that there are those who would disagree with me.
Love and Light to you all.
I really don't see how that's judgmental or harsh. It's roughly what I believed before I even read those words. If every single person on the planet were a homosexual, the population would die out without intervention from science to reproduce. That isn't the case, and you can't "correct" sexuality, so I never "judge" them for this since it only makes them and myself miserable.

I made the decision not to reproduce even though I'm a heterosexual and capable, so I am not any less distorted than them. Regardless, I treat them the same as everyone else with the exception giving them extra effort occasionally since they are often discriminated against.

Zachary

"Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law."

"Love is law. Love under will"

service to self
Crowley was pretty much my introduction to all of this. Blew my mind the first time I read a bit of his books. Always gets thrown in as evil/primarily sts but his works speak differently. His yoga guides are particularly good.

He was a bit of a prat however, liked the smell of his own s*** a bit to much. Not surprising he needs to be healed.
Thanks plenum, for bringing up all these quotes for discussion!

I found this particular piece very interesting:

(02-18-2012, 04:59 AM)plenum Wrote: [ -> ]
Ra Wrote:This entity was positive. However, its journey was difficult due to the inability to use, synthesize, and harmonize the understandings of the desires of the self so that it might have shared, in full compassion, with other-selves. This entity thus became very unhealthy, as you may call it, in a spiritual complex manner, and it is necessary for those with this type of distortion towards inner pain to be nurtured in the inner planes until such an entity is capable of viewing the experiences again with the lack of distortion towards pain.

Ra said that the pain distortions in spiritual complex happens in few cases. So this was one of these cases.

He got overstimulated with the true nature of things, and did not have an ability to share, in full compassion, with other selves. That is interesting.
(02-19-2012, 04:25 AM)Ankh Wrote: [ -> ]Ra said that the pain distortions in spiritual complex happens in few cases. So this was one of these cases.

hey wow! nice spot. I actually missed that.

I remember that in higher densities the pain/catalyst mainly afflicts the mind or spirit, rather than the body. It's like the spiritual yearning for Unity, almost like the absence of a dear family member or friend.

Quote:He got overstimulated with the true nature of things, and did not have an ability to share, in full compassion, with other selves. That is interesting.

I assume the 'true nature of things' included both the DRUGS and the SEX. Or is Ra referring to something else??

Quote:Ra says: However, its journey was difficult due to the inability to use, synthesize, and harmonize the understandings of the desires of the self so that it might have shared, in full compassion, with other-selves.

Tesla got caught up in the same issue. I think both these individuals thought they were 'special' and they probably were in terms of some of their abilities and understandings. But they also just like 'us' in terms of being an aspect of God Consciousness; and there is no 'special' in that respects.
ra is vague, to me the true nature of things just means what i relate to. could it be he was hypersensitive? maybe sensing many worlds or unity so strongly it was not connected to the matrix?

and are inner planes lower astral planes? or what?

i feel like i sense something too much, but i dunno if that's the same. they however lived way before when the world was less dense. if they were especially dense that would explain why they had problems. maybe it was a problem to understand the illusion. maybe nothing felt real to them. or too real.
(02-19-2012, 04:44 AM)plenum Wrote: [ -> ]I remember that in higher densities the pain/catalyst mainly afflicts the mind or spirit, rather than the body. It's like the spiritual yearning for Unity, almost like the absence of a dear family member or friend.

Would you mind to direct me to these quotes?

plenum Wrote:
Ankh Wrote:He got overstimulated with the true nature of things, and did not have an ability to share, in full compassion, with other selves. That is interesting.

I assume the 'true nature of things' included both the DRUGS and the SEX. Or is Ra referring to something else??

I interpret it as Crowley woke up from the illusion and saw the Infinte One in all of Its power. But that he was then unable to integrate it in his mind/body/spirit complex?

plenum Wrote:
Ankh Wrote:Ra says: However, its journey was difficult due to the inability to use, synthesize, and harmonize the understandings of the desires of the self so that it might have shared, in full compassion, with other-selves.

Tesla got caught up in the same issue. I think both these individuals thought they were 'special' and they probably were in terms of some of their abilities and understandings. But they also just like 'us' in terms of being an aspect of God Consciousness; and there is no 'special' in that respects.

This is what Ra said about Tesla, among other things. Ra called Tesla an *angelically* positive entity, but who then become extremely distorted in his perceptions of other selves. So whatever these distortions were, both Tesla and Crowley, I guess, did not succeed to connect to other selves and aid them, in full compassion.
"Crowley clothed many of his teachings in the thin veil of sensational titillation. By doing so he assured himself that one, his works would only be appreciated by the few individuals capable of doing so, and two, his works would continue to generate interest and be published by and for the benefit of both his admirers and his enemies long after death. He did not—I repeat not—perform or advocate human sacrifice. He was often guilty, however, of the crime of poor judgment. Like all of us, Crowley had many flaws and shortcomings. The greatest of those, in my opinion, was his inability to understand that everyone else in the world was not as educated and clever as he. It is clear, even in his earliest works, he often took fiendish delight in terrifying those who were either too lazy, too bigoted, or too slow-witted to understand him."

Tesla had OCD. Crowley was something else.
Sagittarius and Oceania - would you please state your sources?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aleister_Crowley

I have read a lot of his work and Crowley's misgivings are quite pronounced. .

3DMonkey

(02-19-2012, 07:05 AM)Oceania Wrote: [ -> ]Tesla had OCD. Crowley was something else.

A rich kid who wanted attention... And drugs?

Zachary

(02-19-2012, 09:32 AM)3DMonkey Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-19-2012, 07:05 AM)Oceania Wrote: [ -> ]Tesla had OCD. Crowley was something else.

A rich kid who wanted attention... And drugs?
He was certainly more than that...

Regardless of how you feel about him:

He was an insightful, intelligent man with a strong will.
Monkey Ra wouldn't have said all that if that was true.
Wikipedia says Tesla had OCD. BigSmile

3DMonkey

(02-19-2012, 02:31 PM)Oceania Wrote: [ -> ]Monkey Ra wouldn't have said all that if that was true.

Sarcasm?
When Crowley stated "Do what thou Wilt shall be the whole of the law" I believe he meant one should follow their true, divine wills which they incarnated to accomplish as opposed to the lower, distracting desires the illusion-veiled ego strives for; "Thelema" directly translates to "will". His statement seems very much so aligned with the Law of One as it places an emphasis on the free will of the individual to make the choices they please which they feel would be most effective in manifesting what one truly believes they are meant to. It's amusing that Crowley is usually deemed as being sinister, and yet he'd say such a thing as this.

3DMonkey

(02-20-2012, 01:10 AM)godwide_void Wrote: [ -> ]When Crowley stated "Do what thou Wilt shall be the whole of the law" I believe he meant one should follow their true, divine wills which they incarnated to accomplish as opposed to the lower, distracting desires the illusion-veiled ego strives for; "Thelema" directly translates to "will". His statement seems very much so aligned with the Law of One as it places an emphasis on the free will of the individual to make the choices they please which they feel would be most effective in manifesting what one truly believes they are meant to. It's amusing that Crowley is usually deemed as being sinister, and yet he'd say such a thing as this.

Crowley- just another semantic review of life from a third density understanding. Nothing more.
maybe he was beyond duality. how can you have compassion if you're beyond duality?

3DMonkey

(02-20-2012, 01:23 AM)Oceania Wrote: [ -> ]maybe he was beyond duality. how can you have compassion if you're beyond duality?

Oh man. Y'all are killing me. Drug dealers and pimps- are they beyond duality?
he was a drug dealer and pimp?

3DMonkey

(02-20-2012, 01:49 AM)Oceania Wrote: [ -> ]he was a drug dealer and pimp?

Basically.
Just like any cult leader
Pages: 1 2 3