Bring4th

Full Version: speaking of music...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
my favourite band, muse, have just released the artwork for their next album - isn't it interesting!
http://muse.mu/images/theresistance.jpg
Oh wow. Like, WOW, that's awesome!

I hope the music is that good!
Whoa! Very cool. I read a few interviews with Muse and they always put a lot of meaning in to their album covers.

Really like their music. Do you know when it comes out?
middle of september i think

have you not heard any of their music before monica? i think you'd like them
(08-04-2009, 04:27 PM)Lorna Wrote: [ -> ]have you not heard any of their music before monica? i think you'd like them

Oh yes! I have their 1st 2 albums. Do they have a 3rd album that I missed, or only 2?

I've also seen them live. It was at a small venue so we were right in front, just a couple of feet from the band. Great show! I like them, and my hubby is a huge fan of their 1st album in particular.

What I meant was that I hope their new album continues to evolve and lives up to the stunning cover!
ah that's ok then! Smile four albums so far, this one will be the fifth - maybe not all released in the us though - showbiz, origin of symmetry, absolution and then black holes

yeah i hope it lives up to that cover too, wasn't the biggest fan of their last album, much preferred the others. i'm actually intensely jealous that you've seen them live - i was going to go to one of their shows before i found out alexander was on his way - they're actually the only band i've really, really wanted to see live that i haven't managed to see yet
(08-04-2009, 06:09 PM)Lorna Wrote: [ -> ]ah that's ok then! Smile four albums so far, this one will be the fifth - maybe not all released in the us though - showbiz, origin of symmetry, absolution and then black holes

yeah i hope it lives up to that cover too, wasn't the biggest fan of their last album, much preferred the others. i'm actually intensely jealous that you've seen them live - i was going to go to one of their shows before i found out alexander was on his way - they're actually the only band i've really, really wanted to see live that i haven't managed to see yet

Oh I think we have 3 albums - just missed the last one. I forgot; haven't played them in awhile. I remember now; I bought the next 2 for my hubby as stocking stuffers a couple of Christmases ago.

I know how you feel about missing bands...I really regretted missing Radiohead. They came to Houston which is a 3-hour drive and I knew my hubby wouldn't want me to drive by myself, and I didn't want to ask him to take me (although he would have done it, as he did when Peter Gabriel came to Houston!) Interestingly, he likes Muse better than Radiohead and I like Radiohead better than Muse. (Though Radiohead's last album was a disappointment.) I sort of think of them in the same genre, roughly.

So you have a new baby, then? I missed a lot of great shows when my son was little. Ah, well, priorities do indeed change!
no, just the same baby - nearly 3 yr old - the absolution tour that i wanted to see coincided with his arrival and that's the only tour that's played anywhere near me

i took him to lots of gigs before he was born though - i quite like the fact that he first gig he would have heard was the cure BigSmile

yeah radiohead are really good too - althoguh i haven't listed to them much for a long, long time