Bring4th

Full Version: Expanding the Circle of Acceptance
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
one of the main issues of the Spiritual Path is the concept of:

Self and Non-Self

in many ways, it can be seen as the key hurdle in attaining a sense of Unity.

The STS path takes the most simple approach to this problem.

They say, there is ONLY THE SELF, and that is the only thing that matters. 'I AM' the One Infinite Creator, and all else (other selves) are just objects and energies to be manoeuvred for my Highest Gain. Easy solution, because things that are 'inside' the Self are much more easily controlled and directed than things 'outside' the self.

The STS solution draws a circle around the Self, and everything outside is non-self.

- -

The STO approach is to draw a 'wider' circle. The people that we are willing to 'serve' or 'help' are nice folks, people who will say thank you, and show gratitude. But this circle of acceptance only goes so far. There are always people outside of this; the dictators, the evil people, the people who abuse power. They are not included in the circle.

The path through the Densities slowly expands and widens this Circle of Acceptance until it encompasses all of Creation itself, including all the STS entities. One comes to the the Non-Self as just another aspect of the Self. After a while, maybe no distinction will be made at all.

- -

3DMonkey

It's difficult for me to see a difference between the metaphorical circles you have described.

Maybe I see it differently. My take is that STO desires to allow all circles be their own and coexist by connected circumferences. Also, my take, that STS wishes to take in other circles within their own circle so as to be the supreme circles.

Am I the only one that feels that sometimes a concern with the identification of ourselves and others as STO or STS just leads to feelings of separation and division? For me at least, it's often counter productive.

For me, all I have to do to expand my circle of acceptance is not take myself or anyone else too seriously.

3DMonkey

Sorry. I don't think we are talking about persons, but only talking about polarization. It's a concept.
*Shrugs* Seems like a pretty useless concept unless applied to a person/entity. If not, what's doing the polarizing?

In any case, I gave my 10 cents worth. I have nothing further of value to contribute.
(02-21-2012, 04:25 PM)plenum Wrote: [ -> ]in many ways, it can be seen as the key hurdle in attaining a sense of Unity.

I dunno, here STO is the default and most efficient path. Seems to be the most simple.

3DMonkey

(02-21-2012, 10:20 PM)TheFifty9Sound Wrote: [ -> ]*Shrugs* Seems like a pretty useless concept unless applied to a person/entity. If not, what's doing the polarizing?

In any case, I gave my 10 cents worth. I have nothing further of value to contribute.

Oh. I thought you were saying that trying to pinpoint a person as STO or STS was a problem.

Sounds like you are saying the entire idea of service to others and service to self is worthless.
(02-21-2012, 04:25 PM)plenum Wrote: [ -> ]one of the main issues of the Spiritual Path is the concept of:

Self and Non-Self

in many ways, it can be seen as the key hurdle in attaining a sense of Unity.

They say, there is ONLY THE SELF, and that is the only thing that matters. 'I AM' the One Infinite Creator, and all else (other selves) are just objects and energies to be manoeuvred for my Highest Gain. Easy solution, because things that are 'inside' the Self are much more easily controlled and directed than things 'outside' the self.

The STS solution draws a circle around the Self, and everything outside is non-self.

- -

The STO approach is to draw a 'wider' circle. The people that we are willing to 'serve' or 'help' are nice folks, people who will say thank you, and show gratitude. But this circle of acceptance only goes so far. There are always people outside of this; the dictators, the evil people, the people who abuse power. They are not included in the circle.

The path through the Densities slowly expands and widens this Circle of Acceptance until it encompasses all of Creation itself, including all the STS entities. One comes to the the Non-Self as just another aspect of the Self. After a while, maybe no distinction will be made at all.

- -

I would state the STO approach as: There is ONLY THE SELF, and that is the only thing that matters. 'I AM' the One Infinite Creator, and as such, will serve/support/help/heal/encourage/love (etc) all parts of the Creation for the higest good of The One/All.

As for "the people we are willing to serve/help", I think that would also include the STO other-selves, not just the "nice" people.

And after re-reading your post I see that you let "us" get there eventually through your slowly widening and expanding STO circle.

Why make it go slow? Why not see it and do it now?

Love and light!

Unbound

Ra: I am Ra. Are you not all things?