Bring4th

Full Version: Beautiful Prayer Share
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I came upon this last night, which is basically the Our Father, translated from Aramaic, instead of being translated from Aramaic, to Greek, to Latin, to English. I had a look around to see if I could find who did this originally did this translation to sort of, verify it's accuracy, to no avail. However, as someone who said the Our Father so many times as a kid it became as mundane as plain bread, I'm still going to go ahead and use this version instead as it stirs something within me.

O Cosmic Birther of all radiance and vibration! Soften the ground of our being and carve out a space within us where your presence can abide.

Fill us with your creativity so that we may be empowered to bear

the fruit of your mission.

Let each of our actions bear fruit in accordance with our desire.

Endow us with the wisdom to produce and share what each being needs

to grow and flourish.

Untie the tangled threads of destiny that bind us, as we release others from the entanglement of past mistakes.

Do not let us be seduced by that which would divert us from our true purpose,

but illuminate the opportunities of the present moment.

For you are the ground and fruitful vision, the birth, power and fulfillment,

as all is gathered and made whole once again.
Thefifty9Sound - thank you for this post. It is so very beautifully written. I, too, have repeated the King James version of the prayer many, many times in my life and although I feel that the words don't matter as much as the spirit with which the prayer is made, this version moves me in a beautiful way.

Love and light, brother!
(02-21-2012, 06:05 PM)TheFifty9Sound Wrote: [ -> ]I had a look around to see if I could find who did this originally did this translation to sort of, verify it's accuracy, to no avail.

It's a "poetic rendition" by Mark Hathaway, based on the work of Neil Douglas-Klotz: http://www.co-intelligence.org/lordsprayer2.html

Douglas-Klotz rendition goes like this:

O Birther! Father- Mother of the Cosmos

Focus your light within us - make it useful.

Create your reign of unity now-

through our fiery hearts and willing hands

Help us love beyond our ideals

and sprout acts of compassion for all creatures.

Animate the earth within us: we then

feel the Wisdom underneath supporting all.

Untangle the knots within

so that we can mend our hearts' simple ties to each other.

Don't let surface things delude us,

But free us from what holds us back from our true purpose.

Out of you, the astonishing fire,

Returning light and sound to the cosmos.

Amen.

Some informed commentary on it: http://aramaicdesigns.blogspot.com/2007/...osmos.html
Love this rendition of the Lord's prayer. I have Neil Douglas- Klotz's book, The Hidden Gospel. He translates Jesus'words based on Aramaic, it puts a whole different spin and understanding to his words. The nuances and depth of meaning are very inspiring.
(02-27-2012, 07:49 AM)Shemaya Wrote: [ -> ]Love this rendition of the Lord's prayer. I have Neil Douglas- Klotz's book, The Hidden Gospel. He translates Jesus'words based on Aramaic, it puts a whole different spin and understanding to his words. The nuances and depth of meaning are very inspiring.

If you want, do share some please.
I concur!
I agree, Shemaya - please share!
Shemaya, maybe you could start a thread of prayers in general, where you and everybody else can share prayers which we find beautiful? I love beautiful prayers!
(02-27-2012, 10:21 AM)Ankh Wrote: [ -> ]Shemaya, maybe you could start a thread of prayers in general, where you and everybody else can share prayers which we find beautiful? I love beautiful prayers!

or perhaps TheFifty9Sound could just retitle this thread since we've already started.
(02-27-2012, 10:21 AM)Ankh Wrote: [ -> ]Shemaya, maybe you could start a thread of prayers in general, where you and everybody else can share prayers which we find beautiful? I love beautiful prayers!

This is from my profile..

Turn and turn again the starry heavens spin
Upon themselves, a spiral dance
The Gods themselves entwine
And then the Ages recommence
When You and I combine
For You and I the difference shall dissolve
And separation shall appear illusion
And difference shall appear illusion
And conflict shall appear illusion
And enmity shall appear illusion
And God Almighty shall appear a Unity
An everlasting ground for our Infinity
Within our endless striving for eternity
Unto the Ages everlasting

~ Amen
TheFifty9Sound, zenmaster, Icaro, wow. These prayers you guys posted I feel are more... I would say aligned with the Law of One than many other prayers I've heard, in that they resound the notion of one eternal being that resides in each of us, which we simultaneously exist within, and have an overall more cosmic and mystic feel to the verses.

I love them. Smile
(02-21-2012, 06:05 PM)TheFifty9Sound Wrote: [ -> ]I came upon this last night, which is basically the Our Father, translated from Aramaic, instead of being translated from Aramaic, to Greek, to Latin, to English. I had a look around to see if I could find who did this originally did this translation to sort of, verify it's accuracy, to no avail. However, as someone who said the Our Father so many times as a kid it became as mundane as plain bread, I'm still going to go ahead and use this version instead as it stirs something within me.

O Cosmic Birther of all radiance and vibration! Soften the ground of our being and carve out a space within us where your presence can abide.

to grow and flourish.

Untie the tangled threads of destiny that bind us, as we release others from the entanglement of past mistakes.

Thanks for sharing this! What is the source?
(02-27-2012, 08:13 AM)Ankh Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-27-2012, 07:49 AM)Shemaya Wrote: [ -> ]Love this rendition of the Lord's prayer. I have Neil Douglas- Klotz's book, The Hidden Gospel. He translates Jesus'words based on Aramaic, it puts a whole different spin and understanding to his words. The nuances and depth of meaning are very inspiring.

If you want, do share some please.

Hi Ankh!

I tried to reply yesterday, got distractedTongue

I found some beautiful translations in the book The Hidden Gospel I highly recommend the book if you are interested, I go back to it often.

A famous saying in English:
Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use and persecute you. (Matthew 5:44, kjv)

Douglas-klotz translates as follows:
Kindle feeling slowly
for that which feels excessive,
out of proportion with your rhythm.
Let the germ of love break
gradually through the shells of pride
that separate you from another,
you from another your-self.
The husks become kindling
for a fire of new birth in which
the two become one,
knowing the One behind all.
Find the blessing of yielding
to those who cover you with their own impressions,
detaching you in their minds
from who you really are.
Use this seclusion to retreat
to the surface of your image,
the pride and reputation
to which these insults stick.
Use the force to bend toward your own deepest Self.
restrain a reaction
when someone helps to filter out
the real from the false in you.
What you feel as hate is a mirror
like the moon
reflecting your own self-loathing.
Heal hate with beauty,
inside and out.
When the dawn breaks,
the moon knows its time has passed.
Open space for those
who try to tie you up.
lay a trap that catches
and releases all of their knots
and binding complexities.
Let your prayer for them be:
"O Alaha, use this force that
pushes and contracts,
that chases and entangles,
to guide us all back to
harmony with you.

In his translation Douglas-Klotz takes each phrase and expands it as fully as possible, based the root meanings and nuances in the Aramaic language. It's a poetic language and contains within it a worldview different from the western world. He brings this Middle-Eastern perspective into the translations. It presents an expression of Jesus' teachings that undoes the dualistic and rigid interpretations that we have today.

Here's another, since Ali mentioned Matthew 6:6 :
6 But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly

Quote:So an expansion of the above passage, with the nuances available in Aramaic added, provides this rendering:

When you want to lay yourself open for the divine,
like a snare that is hollowed out to its depth,
like a canopy that projects a shadow from the divine heat and light
into your soul,
then go into your inner place,
to that story or symbol that reminds you of the sacred.
Close the doors of your awareness to
the public person you think yourself to be.
Pray to the parent of creation with your inner sense,
the outer senses turned within.
Veiling yourself, the mystery may be unveiled through you.
By opening yourself to the flow of the sacred,
somewhere, resounding in some inner form,
the swell of the divine ocean can move through you.
The breathing life of all reveals itself in the way you live your life.
(02-27-2012, 12:00 PM)Ruth Wrote: [ -> ]

or perhaps TheFifty9Sound could just retitle this thread since we've already started.

Done!

(02-27-2012, 03:56 PM)Tenet Nosce Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for sharing this! What is the source?

I can't remember the exact site now. I was just browsing around for interesting things. I've just arrived in the USA and don't have my laptop on me, otherwise I'd check for you.

Unbound

Om Mani Padme Hum. Smile
I developed a bad habit in the past. When I woke up, the instant thought was: "Oh, crap! Am I still here?" That started a whole range of negative thoughts. So I needed about two hours for myself in silence, in order to get in a better mood and start my day. Well, there is no such thing as two hours for yourself in silence when you have a five year old, mildly speaking. So I started with a self created prayer in the morning. At the beginning, the sceptic part of my brain commented on that, but as I stubbornly continued with this prayer/greeting, my morning mood started to change. These days, it feels like I am greeting the actual entities when saying this. My daughter loves to chime in this, and repeat after me:

Good morning Earth
Good morning Sky
Good morning Moon
Good morning Sun

Good morning Stars
Good morning human Beings
Good morning my brothers and sisters
Good morning angelic Beings

Good morning Our One Infinite Creator

I usually end this with: "Good morning, sweetheart!" To which she responds: "Good morning mommy!" Usually this gives us both a joyful start of the day. (At least until it is time to choose which clothes to wear to the kindergarden. It is a *serious* business for a five year old, which can end up in unhappy crying.)

In the evenings, after we've read the bed time story, I ask her if she wants me to say a good night prayer for her, to which she always replies yes (whatever it takes to not have to sleep =)). It was a version of Christian good night prayer to the Lord, which I didn't like that much, so I re-created it:

Creator, who loves children
Watch over (the name of the child) who is little,
Where she in this world turns
Her happyness rests in your hands

Fortune comes,
And fortune goes
But when you love
You fortune own

Adonai.
(02-28-2012, 05:41 PM)Azrael Wrote: [ -> ]Om Mani Padme Hum. Smile

Translation to english, please and thank you? Angel
(02-29-2012, 09:45 AM)Ankh Wrote: [ -> ]I usually end this with: "Good morning, sweetheart!" To which she responds: "Good morning mommy!"

Sounds like a sweet way to wake up. This is a good song to play in the morning..http://youtu.be/WrwhfhncPfM. Sun-shine shin-ing ev-ery-dayyyyyyy Smile
(02-27-2012, 12:14 PM)godwide_void Wrote: [ -> ]I love them. Smile

I dig them too.
This is my personal inner prayer/mantra which I recite throughout my day (it's in my profile):

O Godhead,

Your infinite and eternal void engulfed all Creation,
Your god-wide jaws were returned back at Your own flesh
in ineffable ouroboric delight

Your image dissipated inwards and outwards,
for you are both the spider and the butterfly;
ensnaring everything... assimilating itself

You will devour all aspects of Yourself;
trillions upon trillions of forms crawl back
towards your monolithic throne

I have gazed into the abyss, meditated upon its vastness...
it crushed my bones, excoriated my visage
and swallowed the entirety of the Cosmos

Drowning in an ocean of stars,
shipwrecked on the shores of a dream
bordering another world...

All is One

The mouth of the void is god-wide...
...the eye of the Creator is void-wide

After reciting the aforementioned I will usually go into thanksgiving (e.g. Thank you Creator for all that You have done, for allowing me to exist, for allowing me to experience, to have been given the opportunity to strive towards purity, to be able to love and be loved. I will continue to serve You with every fiber of my being, and shall serve you by serving others, and shall allow nothing but light and love to guide my path and govern all which I think, speak, and do. I ask only that all souls be blessed, and for peace and harmony to be dispersed throughout the entire Creation to all forms of existence) in the times that I am praying. Other times it acts as the repeated mantra I use when I'm using my prayer beads as I'm going through each bead.

Unbound

(02-29-2012, 09:48 AM)Ruth Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-28-2012, 05:41 PM)Azrael Wrote: [ -> ]Om Mani Padme Hum. Smile

Translation to english, please and thank you? Angel

"The Jewel is in the Lotus" Smile

Also, this is my personal Invocation to create a Sacred Space and bring in protection.

Intelligence of the North, South, East and West, hear my call
Come with the Great Spirit to protect us all

Love of the North, South, East and West, hear my call
Come with the Great Mother to heal us all

Wisdom of the North, South, East and West, hear my plea
Come with the Great Father to help set us all free.
I believe I have shared elsewhere that I grew up as a Christian reading from the King James Bible. I really believe that if your heart and mind are attuned, the Law of One is in there if you are open to it and have the courage to discard the rest. I have always especially enjoyed the Psalms, and one of my favorite psalms/prayers is very simply:

"Create in me a clean heart, oh God; and renew a right spirit within me." (Psalm 51:10)

I really think that covers it all.

Light and love!
Read this today:

Q'uo Wrote:This instrument prays each morning at her morning offering, “Help me to remember and focus on who I am and why I am here.”

June 14, 2005
(03-11-2012, 05:23 PM)Ankh Wrote: [ -> ]Read this today:

Q'uo Wrote:This instrument prays each morning at her morning offering, “Help me to remember and focus on who I am and why I am here.”

June 14, 2005

I love that, Ankh!
Likewise, great find Ankh. Smile Requesting of the Creator such a thing should allow all else that day to fall in place.
Gaia Wisdom for March 19, 2012

If each of you dreamed a river of peace flowing from your heart into the world, can you imagine what might happen? If each of you stood strong in your compassion and saw the truth of the pain of the world, can you imagine what might change? You have the strength of mountains in you, dearest ones. Use it.

Blessings from Tracie Nichols and Gaia

(02-21-2012, 06:05 PM)TheFifty9Sound Wrote: [ -> ]I came upon this last night, which is basically the Our Father, translated from Aramaic, instead of being translated from Aramaic, to Greek, to Latin, to English. I had a look around to see if I could find who did this originally did this translation to sort of, verify it's accuracy, to no avail. However, as someone who said the Our Father so many times as a kid it became as mundane as plain bread, I'm still going to go ahead and use this version instead as it stirs something within me.

to grow and flourish.

You have no idea how grateful I am for you posting this!

Many many thanks!
Camelot Journal, 2012-03-22, Carla Wrote:I wanted to share with you what I thought was a poignant little poem that arrived today when Mom McCarty sent Mick a copy of his Uncle Gordon’s Memorial Service.. It included the Cowboy Prayer – Gordon had been a cowboy and ranch hand all his life, and competed in roping events at some rodeo-ing back in the day. At any rate I am very lucky to have had my life enlarged by meeting people like Gordon. Cowboys seem to be a special breed, simple, true and faithful. Of course I was a big Zane Gray fan! At any rate, here is the sweetest poem for Gordon’s Happy Trails:

THE COWBOY’S PRAYER

“Oh, Lord, I never lived where churches grow.

I’ve loved creation better as it stood

That day you finished it, so long ago,

And looked upon your work, and called it good.

Just let me live as I’ve begun!

And give me work that’s open to the sky.

Make me a partner of the wind and sun

And I won’t ask a life that’s soft and high.

Make me as big and open as the plains,

As honest as the horse between my knees,

Clean as the wind that blows behind the rains,

Free as the hawk that circles down the breeze,

Just keep an eye on all that’s done and said;

Just right me sometimes when I turn aside,

And guide me on the long, dim trail ahead

That stretches upwards towards the Great Divide.”

By Badger Clark.
[Image: 524538_190012101116444_125133670937621_3...9010_n.jpg]

I'd just like to share that I went out and bought this book after it was mentioned in this thread and found it inspiring as promised. I'd recommended to anyone who is having trouble finding the spirit of the LOO in the gospels, as I was.
[Image: 581189_10150897218179939_317425271_n.jpg]
Pages: 1 2