Bring4th

Full Version: what is Magick, and how do I do it?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
what is magik?

Don defines it as an "an ability to create changes in consciousness at Will, and Ra replies with a more difficult definition of working with the 'unmanifest self' or the self that happens when you are by yourself, alone, away from others.

Quote:71.15 Questioner: Could you please comment on the accuracy of these statements. I am going to talk in general about the concept of magic and first define it as the ability to create changes in consciousness at will. Is this an acceptable definition?

Ra: I am Ra. This definition is acceptable in that it places upon the adept the burden it shall bear. It may be better understood by referring back to an earlier query, in your measurement, within this working having to do with the unmanifested self. In magic one is working with one’s unmanifested self in body, in mind, and in spirit; the mixture depending upon the nature of the working.

These workings are facilitated by the enhancement of the activation of the indigo-ray energy center. The indigo-ray energy center is fed, as are all energy centers, by experience but far more than the others is fed by what we have called the disciplines of the personality.

- -

what is the purpose of magik?

Ra says that performing white magik rituals will help one polarise towards love & light. This is not a purely selfish end, as you as a being are part of the planetary sphere, and the so the 'global vibrations' are raised for EVERYONE. The benefits flow on and outwards from the 'lightened self'.

Quote:71.16 Questioner: I will state that the objective of the white magical ritual is to create a change in consciousness of a group. Is this correct?

Ra: I am Ra. Not necessarily. It is possible for what you term white magic to be worked for the purpose of altering only the self or the place of working. This is done in the knowledge that to aid the self in polarization towards love and light is to aid the planetary vibration.

- -

what is the outcome of successful white magik?

Don says that white magik should lead to higher STO thoughts, thoughts towards unity, and thoughts about 'knowing' how to serve. Ra counters with 'magik is about the JOY OF UNION with the Creator'. And that this JOY will radiate through the whole experience of the individual.

Quote:71.17 Questioner: The change in consciousness should result in a greater distortion towards service-to-others, towards unity with all, and towards knowing in order to serve. Is this correct, and are there any other desired results?

Ra: I am Ra. These are commendable phrases. The heart of white magic is the experience of the joy of union with the Creator. This joy will of necessity radiate throughout the life experience of the positive adept.

- -

what about white magik and sex?

the above quote continues into ... Ra talking about performing a white magik sex ritual; it is one of the Highest Services that two individuals can offer each other; for they are acknowledging the Creator in each Other simultaneously, and are joining mind, body, and spirit of each into a single united, complete piece, with all polarities balanced.

Quote:71.17 It is for this reason that sexual magic is not restricted solely to the negatively oriented polarizing adepts but when most carefully used has its place in high magic as it, when correctly pursued, joins body, mind, and spirit with the One Infinite Creator.

Any purpose which you may frame should, we suggest, take into consideration this basic union with the One Infinite Creator, for this union will result in service-to-others of necessity.

- -

what is your summary?

my own take on magik is that it is the application of the Will (mind) upon the infinitude of Light (spirit) and then reflecting the results back into Matter (body).

[Image: v1Njj.jpg]

but that's just my take Smile

Unbound

This is essentially correct to my understanding of the magical process.

I, naturally, would break it down in a little different way myself since these terms are somewhat vague.

"Will" or mind, I would replace with the concept of an Idea, or configuration of relationships, the spirit with the relationships itself, and then the body being the substance.

So rather, it is a unifed movement, and I consider it this way - Relationships = Raw Fields, Ideas = Field Configurations, Substance = Field Expression. So we have the raw field (The "I Am that I Am"), the ideas (the intelligences which constitute personality), and then of course the substance which is the manifestation, or KINETIC phase of these potential energies.
We are "magik" we use and are magik all the time, this is how reality happens.

To know this and then apply it through various ways is what an adept is.

To know you create and that you are creation in a very intimate mysterious way.

The original thought, that all other thoughts are "made" of.

I do magik through my life, through my thoughts, through my will, through my actions, through my SELF.

Through my expression of to exist and be aware means, through the emptiness of all things (unmanifest-self ? That is what i took the word to mean)
The problem with magick imo is that people have been discussing it for what amounts to millenia... Every theory only served to muddy the issue more. I've been involved in the occult for almost 20 years now. It is my opinion that the theories matter very little. It's like we're all sitting around a campfire talking about how we walk, how we should walk, what black walking is versus white walking, what kinds of walks are dangerous and what kinds of entities exist to aid us in our walking, and which entities would try to stop us from walking... However... People who do magick ignore at least one or two of those "so called objective rules" on a regular basis and still get their works done. Things that can be ignored can not truly be very important can they?

When I read the words of Ra here he clearly follows the frame of reference Don has.. Answering the question within the reference is much more doable than it is to create the reference that Ra has first.

The bottom line as I see it really is that we're creators. Our reality follows a superconscious blueprint we hold "inside", this blueprint is called the lightbody. If we were totally realized totally aware entities then this blueprint would follow our will as natural as our breath. Because we're not aware it follows our will as natural as our heart. It beats and its slightly influenced by our acts.. But only of you pay attention. This blueprint is how the world is supposed to be. Magick is simply changing the blueprint, changing the self by an act of will, to the point where the blueprint allows for things most would call impossible.

Magick occurs not so much because of strongly focused will, but more because of a loosely held expectation.

The basic form of a spell is visualization, charge, and release... First you visualize what you want, so that it is clear in your mind. It doesn't mean you have to see it in your minds eye. You should know it and be able to answer every question about it. This is creating the blueprint.. Then you charge the blueprint. By thinking about it as if it is true. Reasoning with it, expecting to see it. You add energy to the blueprint giving the blueprint the ability to start it's own life. And then you release it.. Meaning you stop thinking about it all together. Do something else. Engage your mind with other things to the point where it totally slips your mind that you've started this work... This removing it from your own mind allows it to do it's work without the intervention by your conscious chatter. This way your doubts won't touch it, (because you're not thinking about it)

And then the blueprint charged with the invested energy will create inside your reality. As there is no real difference between this artificial blueprint and your life blueprint. Other than that you've probably never consciously designed your life blueprint or even questioned it. It's really the same mechanism though.

Manipulating the blueprint in this manner causes the lightbody to wake up. It's like massaging a sleeping leg. (Without the nasty tingling) It becomes aware of itself and thus you become aware of it by the fact that it is touched and prodded. Which makes it much more easy to perform magic or to experience things magical. (There are events occurring in this world that most people don't see because they are filtered out as impossible and thus safe to ignore.)

Shin'Ar

I think we run into problems as soon as we begin to define magic. What some may call magic may be quite different than what another means when they speak of it.

If by magic one is speaking of supernatural acts that create unnatural events to occur than I highly doubt that such magic exists, as no one of this density would be able to accomplish such feats.

If one means using the natural energy and vibrations that exist all around us to cause events to take place, than that is just a matter of one having the ability to connect their field of consciousness with others around them to take advantage of the energies created between the two fields in that Sacred Space.

It is there where our consciousness connects with, as Ra would say, the Intelligent Infinity and enables us to make use of Intelligent Energy. There is always an incoming spiral of such creative energies and vibrations, and an outgoing of the same, and when one can tap into these fields one can manipulate those forces if they have the skill and ability. There is also the assistance of other beings which can also be acquired to perform such feats.
Ali i liked how you put things in a simple manner for people that might not be aware of the what the heck magik is.

I strong focused will is good if one can release the attachment and conflicting thoughts(beliefs that say it can't be etc) otherwise it is pain...

That is why some people might barely touch something with intention and reality will shift for them in that direction, the reason was that they did not contradict themselves.
Yes, exactly drifting pages, the strong focus of the will is akin to a steering wheel. You need it to change direction, not to get to where you're already going. Changing your destiny is always a kind of contradiction of self. Not in a bad way though. Smile It is good to contradict yourself if "yourself" is not in accordance with your highest dream of self.

More important than a strong focus in my opinion is consistency over time. Earths rockets these days can have chemical propellants or ion drives. The ion drive is much much weaker than the chemical rockets. But because it can deliver a continuous thrust for only a little propellant, it is the fastest engine in the long run. It's really the same with everything, long term consistency always wins out against short term brute power.
I agree that "magick" is just a word, which has a certain connotation. The connotation is that magick is a specialized, hidden, and a possibly dark practice difficult for the normal person to wield. So just the connotation sets up a barrier in some people's minds, which is probably meant, as those who developed magick would have wanted it to be secret and special.

I will call it conscious manifestation, which is accessible to all.

The first thing one must realize, is that we manifest from the subconscious mind. The trainer of the subconscious mind is the conscious mind. Your experiences, reactions, and internal dialogue keep feeding the conscious mind with concepts and symbols.

So if you want to manifest abundance, but your programming is lack which has rooted in your subconscious, you will continue to produce lack.

Magick and its rituals would be one way to train the subconscious mind with intention. But all you have to do is watch your internal dialogue and begin to notice what your true programmed beliefs are. Then, reprogram your subconscious by discontinuing to feed it with negative statements, and replace them with positive ones.

For instance, align yourself with abundance by seeing abundance everywhere. When you are out driving, notice the abundance of trees, or cars, or clouds. Start shifting the way you see things in a way that aligns with the abundance of the world rather than the lack (I don't have enough time, there are only so many jobs, because of competition I will never be able to have a business like that, I am not talented like so-and-so).

It takes work. We have been programming ourselves all our lives with negative thoughts because that's what we learned to do, and the media and our busy lives just keeps reinforcing it. But if you take conscious control, you can step out of the unwanted pattern and create a new ones.

Smile

I have experienced magic in my life by allowing myself to be a conduit for the Creator to express unconditional love and helping others to experience Creator's love; by breaking down barriers and helping people see their similarities instead of their differences; by doing my small part to cherish and protect our Earth; by helping people see that they always have a choice, no matter what the situation; by giving even when I don't feel like it.
Your description was very lucid, Ali Quadir. Thank you for that.

Diana Wrote:The first thing one must realize, is that we manifest from the subconscious mind. The trainer of the subconscious mind is the conscious mind. Your experiences, reactions, and internal dialogue keep feeding the conscious mind with concepts and symbols...

Magick and its rituals would be one way to train the subconscious mind with intention. But all you have to do is watch your internal dialogue and begin to notice what your true programmed beliefs are. Then, reprogram your subconscious by discontinuing to feed it with negative statements, and replace them with positive ones.

Since the topic of the Archetypes (Tarot) seems to be en vogue, I would like to comment liberally on the above quotation.

You have precisely described the movements of the first four Archetypes. It is not accidental that Ra describes the orb in the hand of each of the figures in these cards as magical (with the exception of the High Priestess, who is obviously equally magical).

The Magician and the High Priestess are the primary Archetypes involved in a ritual magical action. In fact, it is a lovemaking between the two in which the will of the Magician to have a particular kind of experienced is received into the High Priestess and then impregnates her. What is borne of the High Priestess is the manifestation. The Magician and the High Priestess are the unmanifest aspects of the mind and it is their lovemaking which begets the mind now manifest.

The manifest aspects of the mind are the child, the Empress, and her lover, the Emperor. The Empress is what you see in the world and yourself through manifestation. Since all is one, your unconscious mind is capable of revealing itself to you through anything at all in the manifest reality, it matters not where you see it. Whatever you think of the world you live in and your role within that world is exactly the magic that your Magician has impregnated your High Priestess with. What you see in the world is only the child of this process. And what you see in manifestation may surprise you. Your emotions, your random thoughts about others, judgments that creep in, judgments that you pretend you do not make, intense desires that you have, these are all being shown to you by the Empress in the course of your everyday life.

The Emperor, unlike the Magician, has knowledge of the unconscious mind. The Emperor has seen what magic the mind has birthed, the Emperor has seen what kind of experience was willed. It is now up to the Emperor to take responsibility for this. On the one hand, the Emperor may decide to love, to forgive, to accept, and to speak beautiful words to the Empress. On the other hand, the Emperor may decide to speak ugly words to the Empress. He may tell her that she is stupid, weak, and unforgivable. He may tell her that she will never be pure and never deserve abundance. This relationship between the mind manifest in the world and the self who witnesses this manifestation is the lovemaking of the two. It may be of the light, it may be of the dark, and it may be a mixture of the two.

You therefore engage in two major magical actions: The first magical action is your method of projecting your will out into manifestation. The second magical action is your relationship with the part of yourself that has manifest from this projecting. When you firmly commit to either the light or the darkness and you master this process, your mind will approach perfection.
My wife once engaged in a simple example of this four-fold process. She commanded the Universe to show her her fears. The part of herself that commanded is the Magician. The part of herself which received the command (the "Universe") is the High Priestess.

She began waking up each morning with a new fear which was intense and unavoidable. This was the Empress. Each fear, she explored, loving all of the things she found therein, accepting the entirety of the fear, painful as the process was. This choice to explore and accept the fears was the Emperor who had chosen to treat his love, the Empress, as a royal maiden.
JustLikeYou -

This was such a clear description--thank you. Your wife has guts! I don't know that I'd open that can of worms...especially not before work each morning!

But can you explain a little more about the Empress? BigSmile
Sure. The Empress is easily the most visibly complex of these Archetypes, because the unconscious self is infinitely deep. Whereas the High Priestess is infinitely deep and hidden (and therefore not directly known to be infinitely deep), the Empress is infinitely deep and revealed. Perhaps it would be easiest for me to describe where I see the Empress in a normal day in my life.

When I wake up, I have a certain set of emotions. Often I want to return to sleep because I feel a 40 hour job is restrictive to me. This is the Empress telling me about my emotions and thoughts concerning this very large portion of my life. I turn to my wife and give her a kiss, and can't help but smile. This is the Empress showing me that I see things in myself which I love and find beautiful. These things are reflected by my wife and they are myriad. I get ready very quickly because we are always late (we work in the same place). This is the Empress reminding me that I do not have a balanced view of time. When I get to work, I have a particular breakfast that I like. I find it comforting. When I turn to my granola and coffee in the morning for comfort, this is an opportunity to look at the difficult feelings the Empress is offering me which I am attempting to cover up with food that is comfortable to me.

I'm a grocery clerk, so I have lots of time to observe and reflect since my job requires very little mental effort. For a philosopher, this is quick acceptable. :-) Any time I interact with another person, I have thoughts and feelings concerning them. There was a recent situation with one of the girls I work with (though not directly). I kept finding myself being short with her or saying something that made me feel like a jerk. It was completely unintentional and all I wanted with her -- as with anyone else -- is peace and respect. This was the Empress compelling me to examine what I see in her that I feel I should attack. My subtle attacks were themselves a message from the Empress, but so were the things I was attacking in her. After reflecting on this pattern, I discovered a number of things. One of them was that I had a belief-system insecurity: I did not comprehend how a person could walk the path of light (which she seems to) and still claim atheism, so in my disbelief I attacked her. I'll pretend like the day ends here because you probably get the point by now.

Since every act of the mind has magic in it, literally everything you think, feel and learn concerning yourself and the world around you is information about exactly what kind of magic you are practicing. So if you want to change the magic, just learn about yourself and the people around you. Let me give you an example. I declared a few years ago that I was going to be confident, charismatic, loving and knowledgeable enough to be respected as a leader by those around me. After much work in balancing this declaration and the frequency with which the magic somehow misses the mark, I have observed the change in management at the store in which I work. The manager who was there when I got there was confused, afraid and passive-aggressive. The next one was confident and knowledgeable but awkward and seemingly without spiritual direction. Now there are two co-managers, each of which balances the other, both of which have my great respect, and both of which consciously walk the right hand path. These leaders in my life tell me of the kind of leader I am becoming.

All of this is the message of the Empress. And how I choose to respond to it is the decision of the Emperor.
(02-25-2012, 07:49 AM)Ali Quadir Wrote: [ -> ]The problem with magick imo is that people have been discussing it for what amounts to millenia...

Great post Ali, and great to see you back here at the forum! (Hey, I'm back too.. Smile)

this is a succint little sound-bite regards the nature of magik:

"79.33 Ra: I am Ra. Magical ability is the ability to consciously use the so-called unconscious. Therefore, there was maximal ability prior to the innovation of sub-Logoi’s free will."

in a way, it is the ability to reach through the Veil, and draw upon more of the 'Mind' than is the default.

Shin'Ar

(05-15-2012, 09:40 AM)plenum Wrote: [ -> ]this is a succint little sound-bite regards the nature of magik:

"79.33 Ra: I am Ra. Magical ability is the ability to consciously use the so-called unconscious. Therefore, there was maximal ability prior to the innovation of sub-Logoi’s free will."

in a way, it is the ability to reach through the Veil, and draw upon more of the 'Mind' than is the default.

I think Ra also points out here that the human mind is often the barrier to revealing its own true potential. if we could act naturally without the constrains of the conscious baggage we all carry, much natural ability would arise. think of how Carla and Casey are only able to channel in an unconscious state.

In my thinking magic is more a person's ability to connect their field of consciousness with other fields. In so doing the powers and energies of both fields combine to enhance the experience. Magic is created between you and the field you connect with. Love is magic. Knowledge is magic. Sharing information is magic.

And when we connect to higher powers, and when we activate our own higher powers, much higher abilities and results can be manifested.
Quote:Magical ability is the ability to consciously use the so-called unconscious.
A hypnotist uses this understanding. If a hypnotist turns this understanding to himself to recreate himself he is a magician.

It is all programming, and taking repsonsibility for your own program instead of letting society do all your programming. Working outside of belief. The mystery is the path that we do not see until it is formed with our workings.

By relying on belief we are relying on what has been formed for us by the rulers of this planet.
When one considers magic automatically, due to conditioning, the connotation that magic is the phenomenon of things which are seen as supernatural or outside one's scope of possibility, ability or beyond the borders of the 'natural laws' which govern this dimension arise. Allow me to examine Ra's response to Don's query:

Quote:71.15 Questioner: Could you please comment on the accuracy of these statements. I am going to talk in general about the concept of magic and first define it as the ability to create changes in consciousness at will. Is this an acceptable definition?

Ra: I am Ra. This definition is acceptable in that it places upon the adept the burden it shall bear. It may be better understood by referring back to an earlier query, in your measurement, within this working having to do with the unmanifested self. In magic one is working with one’s unmanifested self in body, in mind, and in spirit; the mixture depending upon the nature of the working.

These workings are facilitated by the enhancement of the activation of the indigo-ray energy center. The indigo-ray energy center is fed, as are all energy centers, by experience but far more than the others is fed by what we have called the disciplines of the personality.

To arrive at a very clear and concise understanding of 'magic' it is necessary to analyze and understand what Ra is referring to when Ra states that "one is working with one's unmanifested self". The self, the temporary form which ascribes to identity of any sort, the self which undergoes experience, this is the manifested self, as it is a manifestation. It is a manifestation of the self which is unmanifested, or in other words, the totality of the One Infinite Creator. It is unmanifest in the sense that it is impossible for this being to manifest its entirety in any venue when it is all venues. One cannot perceive the All in its entirety as an individualized manifestation, in most cases. It is the unmoved mover, the unmanifested self which gives rise to all manifestation.

All magical workings, psychic phenomenon, any and every instance in which one is able to manifest an experience which appears to directly correlate with and is appeared to be accomplished by the mind alone, entails that the one whom is the cause of this phenomenon retain a disposition and awareness that it is not the temporary form accomplishing these acts, but the unmanifest self, the observer behind all processes of observation, which is the cause. One must achieve blurring of subconscious and conscious and disintegration of identity and sense of self as individual in order to achieve the desired result of the ability to exert influence over one's immediate surroundings.

Mere acknowledgment or intellectual conceptualization may take one so far. One must be able to perceive the reality which one seeks to affect as the very same as the self or focal point which is doing the affecting. I personally have never needed the use of complicated external 'ritual' or the implementation of outside objects, symbols, etc. in order to achieve the effect I have outlined above. TheEternal relayed a very accurate and definitive term one day in this context: internal alchemy.

Yesterday involved a field test of the means/methods of immediate manifestation which were thus revealed to me in light of particular revelations through immersion. The results which arose from my testing of this method were most successful.

- It was meant to rain yesterday. I willed the creation of a reality where it does not rain. It did not, save for 3 minutes of light drizzling.

- My significant other had become annoyed due to the rudeness of several people in the store we were in. I willed the creation of a reality where she is not. Moments later she regained a happy disposition.

- A drunken beggar in a wheelchair on a corner was harassing all passerby. I willed the creation of a reality where he bothers none. Moments later two law enforcement officers passed by and had a brief confrontation with him. After this, he remained silent for the entire duration of the time her and I had been standing near there while she searched for something.

Pickle is most perceptive in the mention of programming. One might derive the notion of "reality hacking" from this understanding.
A little reminder about the disciplines of the personality; where will and self-control are not the same thing.

Quote:52.7 Questioner: Am I correct, then, in assuming that discipline of the personality, knowledge of self, and control, shall I say, in strengthening of the will would be what any fifth-density entity would see as those things of importance?

Ra: I am Ra. In actuality these things are of importance in third through early seventh densities. The only correction in nuance that we would make is your use of the word, control. It is paramount that it be understood that it is not desirable or helpful to the growth of the understanding, may we say, of an entity by itself to control thought processes or impulses except where they may result in actions not consonant with the Law of One. Control may seem to be a short-cut to discipline, peace, and illumination. However, this very control potentiates and necessitates the further incarnative experience in order to balance this control or repression of that self which is perfect.

Instead, we appreciate and recommend the use of your second verb in regard to the use of the will. Acceptance of self, forgiveness of self, and the direction of the will; this is the path towards the disciplined personality. Your faculty of will is that which is powerful within you as co-Creator. You cannot ascribe to this faculty too much importance. Thus it must be carefully used and directed in service to others for those upon the positively oriented path.

There is great danger in the use of the will as the personality becomes stronger, for it may be used even subconsciously in ways reducing the polarity of the entity.
Quote:75.36 Questioner: How does the use of the magical ritual of invoking the magical personality aid the mind/body/spirit complex totality? Could you expand on the answer you gave in the last session with respect to that?

Ra: I am Ra. When the magical personality is properly and efficaciously invoked the self has invoked its higher self. Thus a bridge betwixt space/time and time/space is made and the sixth-density magical personality experiences directly the third-density catalyst for the duration of the working. It is most central to deliberately take off the magical personality after the working in order that the higher self resume its appropriate configuration as analog to the space/time mind/body/spirit.

Our poor higher-self could be stuck experiencing (or is it re-experiencing) this 3d realm. Not easy concepts to grasps.

Shin'Ar

(05-15-2012, 10:10 PM)Valtor Wrote: [ -> ]Our poor higher-self could be stuck experiencing (or is it re-experiencing) this 3d realm. Not easy concepts to grasps.

I think there is a very critical component to the human understanding in your statement valtor that most of us are not considering. You are touching on a deeper facet of our existence that goes unaddressed. There is something not quite right about the human experience as it is. Something natural has been altered.
(05-15-2012, 10:26 PM)ShinAr Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-15-2012, 10:10 PM)Valtor Wrote: [ -> ]Our poor higher-self could be stuck experiencing (or is it re-experiencing) this 3d realm. Not easy concepts to grasps.

I think there is a very critical component to the human understanding in your statement valtor that most of us are not considering. You are touching on a deeper facet of our existence that goes unaddressed. There is something not quite right about the human experience as it is. Something natural has been altered.

Indeed, we have been tweaked more than once. The resulting state of affairs gives rise to a playground that provides a very condensed package of catalysts. Some light beings see this world as a great challenge. i.e.: "I'll bet that I can keep on shining my light/love in that world (be a good person) no matter what is thrown my way!".

And then like Ra said, there are surprises. Smile Some light beings even manages to switch polarity and find themselves very surprised of this when they get back to time/space.
How many thought desire and will were synonymous?BigSmile

73.11 Questioner: Desire and will are the factors in this process. Is this correct?

Ra: I am Ra. We would add one quality. In the magical personality desire, will, and polarity are the keys.
75.39 Questioner: Then is it correct that a good sequence for the developing of the magical personality would be alternate meditations first on power, and then a meditation on love, and then a meditation on wisdom and then to continue cycling that way?

Ra: I am Ra. This is indeed an appropriate technique. In this particular group there is an additional aid in that each entity manifests one of these qualities in a manner which approaches the archetype. Thusly visualization may be personalized and much love and support within the group generated.
I see magic as contacting Intelligent Infinity and as Ra said one who does so can "walk the universe with unfettered thread."

Opening and balancing energy centers would be the key to such contact.