Bring4th

Full Version: hawthorn berries
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hawthorn berries as i understand it is the premier herb for the heart. i take it on a regular basis. it has been used for a long long time and seems to affect all heart related functions positively. vitacost has a nice selection.
the following is a link about it

http://www.herbwisdom.com/herb-hawthorn-berry.html
I had a friend who swore the hawthorn syrup stopped his heart attack in its tracks.

Vitacost has great pricing on Dr. Christopher's hawthorn syrup.
celery seed is also great for circulation (and by relation, the heart).

doesn't taste too great though, even in capsule form Tongue
the dr christopher is the one i bought from vitacost .there prices are great and the quality of their products is very good. i take a couple of dropperfuls every day. being diabetic monica i really dont want to start having complications lol.
plenum celery itself is one of the best things u can eat. it is great for the joints and it has been shown to lower blood pressure. its amazing the simple things u can do for yourself that are so helpful.

norral Heart
I've forgotten what areas it effects exactly, but the Acai berry is considered a "miracle/super food".
(02-24-2012, 01:14 PM)godwide_void Wrote: [ -> ]I've forgotten what areas it effects exactly, but the Acai berry is considered a "miracle/super food".

All berries are miracle super foods. The ones from faraway exotic places get bottled and sold for $50/liter and most of that is other juice from apples, blueberries, etc. If blueberries didn't grow so abundantly here, there would be expensive blueberry drinks too.

Not to sound cynical. I recommend eating as many different varieties of berries as possible, preferably fresh.

(02-26-2012, 11:17 AM)Bring4th_Monica Wrote: [ -> ]Not to sound cynical. I recommend eating as many different varieties of berries as possible, preferably fresh.

I know you're a vegan Monica, but blueberries and icecream - YUM!

one of my fav deserts of all time. Plus a dollop of high quality yoghurt to add a bit of sourness to combat all that sweetness.

melting.
(02-26-2012, 11:22 AM)plenum Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-26-2012, 11:17 AM)Bring4th_Monica Wrote: [ -> ]Not to sound cynical. I recommend eating as many different varieties of berries as possible, preferably fresh.

I know you're a vegan Monica, but blueberries and icecream - YUM!

one of my fav deserts of all time. Plus a dollop of high quality yoghurt to add a bit of sourness to combat all that sweetness.

melting.

Ah, but we make reeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaally yummy vegan ice cream with frozen fruit, also nut custards and stuff like that. You'd be surprised at how creamy and yummy they are!