Bring4th

Full Version: Distortion and the Divine Connection
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Shin'Ar

After discerning the first half a dozen sessions and reading through the introduction I have not read anything that I would say contradicts the teachings of the Children of the Law of One. That may be premature of me but I sense that much of the confusion revealed here in the forum is quite possibly the result of a misinterpretation of the Ra material by the followers. And that should not be surprising to anyone.

What I have found so far seems to focus on what Ra calls distortion, which by my discernment is the way they choose to describe vibration and frequency.

This is found in everything that exists and relates to the interaction of fields of consciousness or fields of energy that share information as the All.

It can also be noted that when they first came to this planet makind was already divided into STO and STS.

It is also noted that they acknowledge ritual of the the circle, prominent in many of the occult teachings.

There is also acknowledgment of reincarnation and varying distortions of incarnations. even suggesting that contact with the Intelligent Infinity, what I would call The Source or Infinite Spirit, or the One Consciousness, is made through the spirit.

Also acknowledged is that distorting toward the Intelligent Infinity is by higher vibration. and that higher vibration is achieved by one realizing their true identity as the One. Also Ra has stated on page 84 that they have not yet reached that distortion implying that is a goal they still seek to achieve.

And I believe this is where I gebin to see complication. "other-selves"

Further study is required before any conclusions are drawn, but from what is thus far revealed it seems that what they call the otherself is actually the balancing of self awareness that all incarnations must do to achieve higher vibration/distortion.

Maybe at this point it would help if I could get a few opinons on what those who have more fully studied this have come to understand so I have an external otherself view to consider.

It spoke of otherself with regard to seeking the polarized thoughts and emotions when meditating so that one could find that balance where if only working with one aspect balance would be difficult to realize. therefore the otherself is simply consideration of the pole opposite of whatever emotion or thought that you were working with.

Ra also mentioned on page 98 that one of the reasons they did not remain here on earth was because the human was acknowledgeing them as different, in that they were 'other than our otherselves'. In other words, our otherselves being our polarities, we thought them to be above the state of being polarized, or more like gods, which implies, as Ra says, a hypocritical position because they were just like our otherselves; polarized.

Which as he also acknowledges in one of the first few pages, we live in a polarized existence. And one in which they have not yet transcended beyond themselves.

All of this would indicate to me at this point that there is a direction in which we can develop which will bring us to a point where our distortion will enable us to interact with the Intelligent Infinity in a way that will then cause it to transform us from our physical to a much higher distortion.

More study is required but I see nothing here that would contradict with any understanding that I already have. I would simply use a different language and expression of these same teachings.

(02-23-2012, 07:42 PM)ShinAr Wrote: [ -> ]I would simply use a different language and expression of these same teachings.
Remember when I said that all opposing positions were in my opinion distortions of the truth? I did not get my point across. But I meant to say basically what you say here.

Even the most insane philosophies on this planet when you study them, and more importantly the peoples interpretations of them up close, I think we can always find that they are these peoples interpretation of a truth that they cannot express in it's pure form because of distortions. Both in the individual and in the communication available.

I must state again that I do not speak from the Law of One. My understanding does not allow me to do this without distorting the material. I find that reading it It resonates deeply with me. Yet I always manage to come up with different conclusions than others. Wink

If I understand correclty your children of the Law of One recognize that there is a divine truth which is transmitted in many religions, yet it got distorted along the way. We can conclude that only the divine intelligent infinity is able to perceive without distortions. All of us are necesarily distorted. This is sad on one hand, but on the other it means that everyone else has something that will bring us closer to an undistorted understanding, it makes everyone equals. No one can claim to have the final answer.

Unbound

I believe we are in absolute agreement! Indeed, I'm pleased that you noticed many basic facets which I have noted myself while reading.

Admittedly, I have only read the material once, besides fragmentary glances, and am now doing so a second time to re-digest it. I definitely see where the confusion came from when I was trying to express what I was saying about the integration of polarities, whereas you were speaking of a different type of Dark and Light, that being the process of transcendence itself. Ah, the confusions of words!
Shin'Ar Wrote:Maybe at this point it would help if I could get a few opinons on what those who have more fully studied this have come to understand so I have an external otherself view to consider.

Mundanely, the other-self is only the self which is other than you. Ra knows the philosophical content of the word "self", so they use this word very intentionally to refer to the fact that each of us recognizes in some way that the other person is the same kind of thing as we are (i.e. a self-conscious entity with mind, body and spirit, along with all the perceptions, feelings, beliefs, desires, etc. that this implies). Another reason this term is used is to emphasize the identity between other and self.

But to be more precise, my understanding of the significance of the concept of the "other-self" involves what you refer to as the mandorle, the space in which the fields of two beings intersect. In this intersection, what you see in the other is exactly the same as what is already in yourself. The major difference between simply looking at the self as opposed to interacting with the other-self is that the other-self shows these things to you in a very prominent way. If you were simply meditating upon yourself, precise observations about yourself would not come as quickly. For example, When I am in conversation with another person, I can always determine what vibration I am speaking from based on the things I am thinking about the person I speak to. If I think you are trying to convince me of something, I am probably trying to convince you of something. If I think you are being inconsiderate or abrasive, then I am probably being inconsiderate or abrasive. If I think you are being extremely respectful, then I am probably satisfied with the respect I am giving to you. The meeting between self and other-self is of the utmost value because "in the moment" is when your balance is really tested, so you get to see with great clarity exactly what needs your attention, what needs further balancing.