Bring4th

Full Version: RAkipedia
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I would like to start a RAkipedia. Just as in wikipedia, we would keep adding to a glossary of terms, which would be checked by each other. It would be here on this site as a thread.

I sometimes have to look up certain terms posters use, and it would be great to have our own reference, especially in regards to L/L Research. But it can extend beyond that to include terms of cosmology, metaphysical, and other out-of-the-box concepts and words.

Does anyone have an interest in this?

That was the original idea for wiki.lawofone.info, which has since turned into (mostly) just a place for me to upload the re-listened version of the Ra material. Now that the re-listening project is drawing to a close (hopefully!), I am planning to integrate the re-listened version into www.lawofone.info, and wiki.lawofone.info could, if people are interested, once again become a wikipedia-style resource.
I'm interested. We can start with a thread where people suggest terms and definitions/descriptions/whatever. After general agreement, put the term into a mechanism that is more conveniently searched.
This sounds like a great idea. BigSmile Though doesn't the lawofone.info site already act as a sort of "Rakipedia"? Also, the user Ashim made a Glossary thread of some terms with definitions that seemed pretty spot-on. Here it is: http://www.bring4th.org/forums/showthrea...t=glossary

Also... uh... βαθμιαίος, YOU'RE the guy who started/runs the lawofone.info site??? If so, I want to express my deepest, deepest, deepest gratitude to you for doing so. Stumbling across the site changed my life for the absolute best. Smile

(02-24-2012, 01:40 PM)godwide_void Wrote: [ -> ]Also... uh... βαθμιαίος, YOU'RE the guy who started/runs the lawofone.info site???

he's also the only guy here with a greek name ... he so wants to be different Tongue
(02-24-2012, 01:45 PM)plenum Wrote: [ -> ]he's also the only guy here with a greek name ... he so wants to be different Tongue

I was trying to stay anonymous...
(02-24-2012, 01:40 PM)godwide_void Wrote: [ -> ]Also... uh... βαθμιαίος, YOU'RE the guy who started/runs the lawofone.info site??? If so, I want to express my deepest, deepest, deepest gratitude to you for doing so. Stumbling across the site changed my life for the absolute best. Smile

I second to that. Deepest, deepest respect and gratitude, Tobey. Changed my life forever. Thank you! Heart
(02-24-2012, 01:40 PM)godwide_void Wrote: [ -> ]Also... uh... βαθμιαίος, YOU'RE the guy who started/runs the lawofone.info site??? If so, I want to express my deepest, deepest, deepest gratitude to you for doing so. Stumbling across the site changed my life for the absolute best. Smile

You're very welcome! I'm so glad it's helpful to people. I originally built it just for myself, but Carla gave me the green light to make it public.
(02-24-2012, 01:59 PM)Ankh Wrote: [ -> ]I second to that. Deepest, deepest respect and gratitude, Tobey. Changed my life forever. Thank you! Heart

Heart Blush
(02-24-2012, 01:59 PM)βαθμιαίος Wrote: [ -> ]

You're very welcome! I'm so glad it's helpful to people. I originally built it just for myself, but Carla gave me the green light to make it public.

It is more than helpful. It is a literal godsend. Sure, the Law of One was available in book format for years already, but do you realize the true extent of what you've done by making penultimate truth about the nature of existence, spiritual evolution and the Divine in general available in the medium of the internet...?

You have effectively made this material potentially available to everyone, E-V-E-R-Y-O-N-E, every soul has complete access to this (well, the prerequisite being an internet connection Tongue)!!! No need for insane pilgrimages or decade-long meditations in pursuit of 'enlightenment'... all you have to do now is go to your browser's address bar, type in a few letters, and bam: the road to awakening is a mouse click away! BigSmile

I bet Ra's Social Memory Complex started doing a planet-wide breakdance/confetti toss as soon as you made this site available. I (and I'm sure many, many others as evidenced by this site) have spent countless hours reading through your site and the study guides (DW's and ACIM's) helped enormously, but it was lawofone.info that set everything in motion. I'm going to make it a point when I better master astral projection to shake your etheric hand one day. (I doubt that'll happen, but I'm trying to express how thankful I am to you Tongue)

Were you connected to L/L Research in any way beforehand?
(02-24-2012, 01:59 PM)βαθμιαίος Wrote: [ -> ]

You'll probably hear it a lot, and I know you've heard it from me multiple times already, but your database has allowed me to delve into the material in invaluable ways. I also think it would much harder for anyone to contribute to this forum without using LOO.info.

Thank you Tobey!

Also, I would love to contribute to a true LOO wiki.
Thanks, guys!

GV, I look forward to shaking your hand some day. If not in the astral (I'm not so good at astral projection, either), who knows? Maybe in person. Smile

I agree, it's awesome that we have the internet now and this information is so readily available. I think Don would be really pleased.

To answer your question about my connection with L/L Research: I was connected to L/L beforehand only in that I had visited there and corresponded with them over the years.
(02-24-2012, 01:22 PM)βαθμιαίος Wrote: [ -> ]That was the original idea for wiki.lawofone.info, which has since turned into (mostly) just a place for me to upload the re-listened version of the Ra material.
Right, with Carla's consent, I started the wiki (maintained by Tobey for sometime now) with same intent as Diana. The idea was to link to words/phrases from the original material or member-added pages and then branch out from there.
Would you be interested in helping to bring the wiki back around to its original intent, Zen?
We'd need to coordinate with Tobey. I think I've misplaced my account password, it's been so long (over 7 years ago). We'd need to allow new members to join the wiki and get editing privileges. Back then, it was not a big deal to simply make it open. Now we have to contend with spammers (automated, paid, malicious, etc). Apparently, wikipedia deals with massive editing just fine, but I'd need to read up on how.
I haven't changed the settings much since you left. I believe anyone can still create an account and start adding or editing pages. The session pages may be locked, though.
I'll leave this project in your capable hands, then. Smile
Well, the wiki has been (more or less) languishing in our hands for a number of years, so new energy is definitely welcome. If you want, go to wiki.lawofone.info and try adding some content. Let me know if you have any trouble. We'll probably need to tweak settings and establish some sort of protocol, but hopefully we can figure that out as we go.
I'm gonna have to find some crash course in wiki editing online, I have never participated in any wiki platform.
The Aaron/Q'uo Dialogues has about 20 pages of glossary terms. That might be a useful place to start seeing as how people have a tendency to make up definitions of terms as suits their preferences and then accuse others of being persnickety when alternative definitions of terms are called into question.

(02-26-2012, 03:59 PM)Tenet Nosce Wrote: [ -> ]The Aaron/Q'uo Dialogues has about 20 pages of glossary terms. That might be a useful place to start seeing as how people have a tendency to make up definitions of terms as suits their preferences and then accuse others of being persnickety when alternative definitions of terms are called into question.

A Wanderer's Handbook
also has a Glossary that could be used as a foundation.

(02-24-2012, 02:16 PM)godwide_void Wrote: [ -> ]It is more than helpful. It is a literal godsend. Sure, the Law of One was available in book format for years already, but do you realize the true extent of what you've done by making penultimate truth about the nature of existence, spiritual evolution and the Divine in general available in the medium of the internet...?

You have effectively made this material potentially available to everyone, E-V-E-R-Y-O-N-E, every soul has complete access to this (well, the prerequisite being an internet connection Tongue)!!!

Tobey in my opinion does indeed deserve all the credit in the world for lawofone.info. Personally I think it's the single greatest resource for study of the Law of One material. I love how versatile the website is in terms of multiple search functions, linking to specific sessions or specific Q&A's, and instantly organizing by category. It is the result of an intense and unwavering devotion to the Law of One material, and is Tobey's labor of love that spans many years. I heart lawofone.info - forever, and bow to Tobey in humble gratitude for the freely given service he's rendered every student who enjoys the Law of One material.

One clarification I want to make though. It was Ian, the webmaster for the archive website, LLResearch.org, who was instrumental in getting the Law of One material into a digital format and available on the web over a decade prior to the advent of lawofone.info.

Sometime in the early 90's, I believe, Ian undertook the herculean task of painstakingly scanning the entire library of Jim & Carla's hardcopy material - Ra, Q'uo, and other. He did this page by hard page on scanner technology that I suspect might look like a Flintstones' foot-powered car by today's standards. He then built a website for L/L Research to make all of the organization's material available for free to the interested seeker. Everything you see at www.llresearch.org is his labor of love, including the first publicly available digital versions of the Law of One material.

: ) Gary

oguz

βαθμιαίος
I use your site constantly to help and teach others. constantly constantly whenever I need anything your integrated search works so well. I can always find everything from the section number to exactly what I'm talking about when I refer someone to a specific part of LOO

I endlessly thank you.. endlessly.
The site that acted as a gateway for me to the Ra material was: www.lawofone.info. That's the site I stumbled upon when searching for something I didn't know what I was looking for. It wasn't hidden hand, it wasn't DW, or anything else. It was - lawofone.info.

I have been using it daily ever since. I also use the re-listening project when working with the translations, when something does not make sense to me in the Book.

So that site has not only been a gateway, it is also a place which I visit every day.