Bring4th

Full Version: B12
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Figured I could bring up a relatively unknown perk for those in the raw or vegetarian worlds.

We are taught to brush our teeth first thing when we get out of bed.

What happens if we don't? By just swishing water around and drinking first thing when you get up, you will find that you had a build up of bacteria in your mouth, including B12. And by drinking this instead of trying to neutralize your morning breath, you are getting your B12 that seemed to somehow vanish from our natural menu.
Wow. What is your source for that info? I have never heard that. Thanks.
Doesn't B-12 also assist as a sleed aid/dream potentiator? Or am I mistaking it with B-6? I've seen both mentioned and recommended for such purposes.
(02-24-2012, 01:41 PM)Diana Wrote: [ -> ]Wow. What is your source for that info? I have never heard that. Thanks.

Wife caught wind of it somewhere and mentioned it to me. I tested from all angles and came up fully valid and important. Must be why my type 0 system does so well without supplementation. I use a brush, but that's it, no toothpaste. Xylitol works well as a paste replacement, and there is also some nice concoctions you can make with xylitol, coconut, and a few other things.
I have used xylitol but not in a while. Do you just use the crystals and dip your brush in?

It's funny, because I have never been one to brush my teeth when I first get up (don't have to as I work at home and go to my studio in pajamas). I wait until noonish.

I posted this elsewhere, but baking soda with tee tree essential oil, and peppermint essential oil, is all I've used for years on my teeth. Smile

3DMonkey

Will baking soda effect it?
Well, I don't brush first thing, so in my case it doesn't matter. However, if you have to actually leave the house and brush your teeth before you go--I don't know.

I often have a cup of warm or hot water with fresh lemon in the morning before coffee (organic coffee, as it is a heavily sprayed product). So I guess I have already been doing what Pickle advises without knowing it. Smile
I don't get why one would brush the teeth before having eaten breakfast. It makes no sense :p
Quote:A little publicized source of active Vitamin B12 coenzymes is from bacteria in the mouth, around the teeth, in the nasopharynx, around the tonsils and in the tonsilar crypts, in the folds at the base of the tongue, and in the upper bronchial tree. This source alone will supply sufficient quantities of Vitamin B12 coenzymes for the very small requirement of total vegetarians, especially considering that their needs for this vitamin are not as great as for those on conventional diets. http://www.roylretreat.com/articles/b12.html

It is turning out to be an issue of absorption rather than amount ingested. As a trace element there is no need to supplement. I do not supplement at all.
I brush my teeth last thing in the morning before I go out the door. Nature's Gate peppermint natural toothpaste is the best toothpaste I've used. All toothpaste has an abrasiveness rating, with Nature's Gate peppermint being on the high end. Because of that it cleans your teeth better than regular toothpaste..it all but feels like you came home from the dentist. It works really really well. Don't use it with water until you're ready to rinse your mouth, as the water dilutes the effectiveness of its abrasive quality.