Bring4th

Full Version: how does one start?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
hi,
how does one start living Law of One?
Wow, A short question which could merit the entire explanation of all 5 books haha

Welcome to Bring4th by the way Smile

I would say, briefly, to begin living the Law of One(TLOO) you must make a choice. Service to others(STO) or service to self(STS). Most people, if not all here would say they follow the STO path. Once you make your choice, start living it out.

I would say I am STO, and I live this by choosing the option most full of love for everybody. Start small, and it snowballs pretty quickly, before long at all you are much more concious about the things you do. You realise the effects your actions have on others and the world. Simply, spread the love.

I sincerely hope this does not seem illusive an explanation as I know it could be haha

Love and Light Smile
Hi Carrie! Welcome to Bring4th!

I would add to what Sirius said:

Find the love in the present moment.
I think Monica that was my original thought, but somehow got sidetracked haha BigSmile Nice pick up ^^
can you define what STO is? what STS is?

the examples are not clear, can you try to explain?

ayadew

Hello carrie

STO: Service to Others
STS: Service to Self

In the illusion we call 'reality', this world, there is a sense of separation. We are individual beings separated from eachother by our bodies and with limited communication.
If you see past this illusion, and truly feel that others are You and you wish to serve and help them, then you perform Service to Others.

But as others are You, being of service to yourself is not a wrong choice for it is also another You. you might choose to follow your ego, and live more for yourself and ignore the other You: Service to Self.

In the end, whatever you do, it's in service to yourself because you are all that is.
Do what is in your heart to do. That's the only thing you need to do.
what is meaning of "blockage"?

how would I overcome a blockage to the red ray (for example) ?

what an energy transfer?

how do I understand an energy transfer?
quite hard to love others and see others in love... Dodgy

ayadew

Then love yourself first BigSmile
How can you help others when you can't help yourself
i think most people find this passage one of the most helpful / profound:

Questioner: For the general development of the reader of this book, could you state some of the practices or exercises to perform to produce an acceleration toward the Law of One?

Ra: I am Ra.

Exercise One. This is the most nearly centered and useable within your illusion complex. The moment contains love. That is the lesson/goal of this illusion or density. The exercise is to consciously seek that love in awareness and understanding distortions. The first attempt is the cornerstone. Upon this choosing rests the remainder of the life-experience of an entity. The second seeking of love within the moment begins the addition. The third seeking powers the second, the fourth powering or doubling the third. As with the previous type of empowerment, there will be some loss of power due to flaws within the seeking in the distortion of insincerity. However, the conscious statement of self to self of the desire to seek love is so central an act of will that, as before, the loss of power due to this friction is inconsequential.

Exercise Two. The universe is one being. When a mind/body/spirit complex views another mind/body/spirit complex, see the Creator. This is an helpful exercise.

Exercise Three. Gaze within a mirror. See the Creator.

Exercise Four. Gaze at the creation which lies about the mind/body/spirit complex of each entity. See the Creator.

If you're reading the LOO for the first time Carrie, then to be honest i would just read, absorb and take what you can. There is soooo much in these books that trying to get your head around the concepts or ideas can be really difficult. As for living the Law of One - i find that is something that happens naturally once you start to grasp the concept of all of creation being one.
(08-10-2009, 04:40 AM)ayadew Wrote: [ -> ]Then love yourself first BigSmile
How can you help others when you can't help yourself

On the other hand, when you love others, love starts flowing, and it has to flow thru you to get to them. Heart It works both ways!
(08-10-2009, 08:38 AM)Lorna Wrote: [ -> ]i think most people find this passage one of the most helpful / profound:

I have this printed out, framed, and hanging on my bathroom wall, at eye level when there's nothing else to do but read it again...and contemplate.

ayadew

Yes, everything works Smile
Carrie,

As someone else who is also learning to get started, I would recommend reading Carla Rueckert's book "Living the Law of One". It covers the Law of One philosophy, our energy body, energy blockages, etc.

It's available in the online bookstore: http://store.bring4th.org/product_info.p...ucts_id=53
(08-13-2009, 06:17 AM)jc2412 Wrote: [ -> ]Carrie,

As someone else who is also learning to get started, I would recommend reading Carla Rueckert's book "Living the Law of One". It covers the Law of One philosophy, our energy body, energy blockages, etc.

It's available in the online bookstore: http://store.bring4th.org/product_info.p...ucts_id=53

Thank you! I didnt know she had a book like that! Though I think I was in a way already living it before I found the LOO; there is always more to be done. So far I haven't really got into the whole working with the energy body thingy. Its seems like working with the philosophy of the LOO and living it as best as possible is good enough. Simply being.

Confused in Indiana.
I shall read, tyvm!
I think for some people, book reading may be a good way of teach/learning. I think for other people, some other form of teach/learning may work better. This may relate to different forms of growth catalyst. I'll stretch here to say that challenging oneself to participate in writing within a forum such as this may be a completely different sort of catalyst of teach/learning than say reading a book. With that, I'd like to say thanks for offering the great service of hosting this forum, that people may share ideas and experience such catalyst in so doing.

paddy
(08-09-2009, 10:18 AM)carrie Wrote: [ -> ]hi,

Hi Carrie,
You are the One! Smile
Every One contains every-thing including other-selves, for it is not a paradox that the mind is in the centre of the universe and that the universe is in the centre of the mind. Smile
From there, you only need to live this Oneness.
Welcome to Life! Smile

L/L
w.
I don't know.

Many of the things here are ridiculously hard, or made so well hidden much effort had to be made to do something.

It' just ironic how LOO seems to deeply apply. I remembered in past playing "poker" (or game of chance) but with "all hands" can see. It's like almost, you could see what your opponent could do next, and what hands he plays, and almost all the tricks in the book.

Playing such a poker game, it was mostly "managing your cards", selecting best cards and after long time, like Sam & Ralf (Sheepdog and Wolf), where many things were clockwork:

[Reference: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wolf_and_Sheepdog]

- Sam goes to guard sheep. Ralf goes underwater and Sam would pour some gasoline into the straw and Sam would choke and give up.

- Ralf goes and fiddle with the time-clock and the Sam goes to lunch. Sam come back immediately and hits Ralf just when he was about to go on.

The poker game rules have changed very, very much. Many of the things are not valid, or rules are very different or environment has changed so much.

I don't know much either.
Hi Carrie. As I read your topic, I wonder about something.

Do you feel confident that you understand the main messages of the Law of One material? Do you already know what it mean to live by this material, and your only question is where to start?

Or do you actually need to find where to start to "decode" and comprehend the material in the first place? Does it seem vague, unclear or slippery to you as to what "the choice" is actually all about?

As I write this, I'm going to imagine that the second category might apply to you: that it's too early to ask, of the Law of One, "how do I apply this?" when the question is still unanswered, "what do I understand this says?"

The Ra material uses a very unusual type of vocabulary and speech patterns. It also deals with concepts that are different than what most people learned about growing up. The concepts are further different than what most people studied as adults. Even for people who are really "into" physics, metaphysics and spirituality, the material can be a challenge. And even then, it took a while for Don to start asking questions about what Ra really wanted to talk about.

I like to think of the Ra material as like a reference guide or dictionary. It covers the information in a very precise, efficient manner. But it is a real challenge to try to use the reference guide as its own tutorial.

For me, I also found it a real challenge to learn directly from the material. I found it was very helpful for me to read some of the introductory explanations to it. In addition to the material other people cited, I'd like to point out two other resources. Carla's collection of speeches and articles is at http://www.llresearch.org/library.aspx. A study guide that isn't by David Wilcock but is on his site is at: http://divinecosmos.com/index.php/start-...tudy-guide.

For me, after I read some other people's explanations of the concepts, I was able to benefit a lot more from the original Ra books. Therefore I share my experience, in the hope that some part of this may make the concepts easier to learn for you as well.

And if I'm off track on what is helpful for you, please set aside what's not useful.
(10-25-2009, 04:22 AM)carrie Wrote: [ -> ]I don't know.

Many of the things here are ridiculously hard, or made so well hidden much effort had to be made to do something.

It' just ironic how LOO seems to deeply apply. I remembered in past playing "poker" (or game of chance) but with "all hands" can see. It's like almost, you could see what your opponent could do next, and what hands he plays, and almost all the tricks in the book.

Playing such a poker game, it was mostly "managing your cards", selecting best cards and after long time, like Sam & Ralf (Sheepdog and Wolf), where many things were clockwork:

[Reference: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wolf_and_Sheepdog]

- Sam goes to guard sheep. Ralf goes underwater and Sam would pour some gasoline into the straw and Sam would choke and give up.

- Ralf goes and fiddle with the time-clock and the Sam goes to lunch. Sam come back immediately and hits Ralf just when he was about to go on.

The poker game rules have changed very, very much. Many of the things are not valid, or rules are very different or environment has changed so much.

I don't know much either.

Hi there, Carrie.

Again, welcome to this corner of Creation. I hope you're able to find things here that are helpful.

Yes, things are changing!

One wonderful thing happening is that the veil that hides the unconscious from the conscious mind is getting thinner and thinner. This means that more and more pathways for exploration are opening up all the time and this can be confusing. Sometimes it's useful to have central handrail to return to for directional guidance.

Ra & Q'uo never tire of advising people to regularly enter into silence (and you can freely ask them to be there with and support you).

You're right on when you say that this stuff is not so easy. But I can happily tell you from my own experience that it is well worth all that effort to more deeply experience and live in fuller partnership with your own deeper self.

Where to start? If you can relax your mind and your body, explore silence. Explore your own space in a state of silence. There is so much waiting to be discovered by you!

Once you're in, the handrail I mentioned is Love. Allowing yourself to be guided by turning in whichever direction brings you into a more intense experience of and acceptance of Love is the essence of the teaching, in my opinion.

I wish you all the best, Carrie.
~Peregrine

I guess I should add in the fine print that this is a place to start from and re-start from and re-start from...on and on. It's the entrance to the labyrinth. But it's more fun being in than out!
(10-25-2009, 04:22 AM)carrie Wrote: [ -> ]I don't know.

It' just ironic how LOO seems to deeply apply.

Hi Carrie,

I am wondering what you mean by finding things hard. ...
Could you elaborate a bit what you find so hard? Smile
Is it about relationships, communication, health, job? Being alone or with the wrong people? ... I am asking because, being stuck with the wrong people can be VERY hard! :@ IMO, it is the hardest thing! BigSmile

Here are some basics:
Doing your best, with the best at heart for others and, you cannot do wrong.
Being patient also helps a lot.
Trust yourself and, that you are loved, is an important feeling to keep deep in your heart.
See others as friends... and, there will be friends.
Enjoy your life the best you can without ever harming anyone...
And, know yourself... What are your qualities? your hobbies?
And then, express these beautiful and good things which you have in yourself.
If you feel unsure, ask for inner guidance.
If others are constantly trying to harm you, (you did nothing wrong, they did, so...) just leave them if you cannot change them by your goodness or change the situation you are in. Disappear from their life! Adios!
And take the right decisions, even when only small tiny ones.

All these are starting points to live the LOO.
There are plenty more... inputs are welcome here!
The Law of One starts with understanding that there is no separation between all forms of life, in this world and, in the universe.
But, to start here in this world, if you know some basics, then it may only be a matter of trust and patience in you and, with you as well as with life.
And, keeping true to yourself!

What else can I say? Give me some feedback... I am not sure that I am on the right direction here...

Take care,
L/L
Whitefeather
(10-25-2009, 07:12 PM)Whitefeather Wrote: [ -> ]Is it about relationships, communication, health, job? Being alone or with the wrong people? ... I am asking because, being stuck with the wrong people can be VERY hard! :@ IMO, it is the hardest thing! BigSmile

Something like that... recently I was cheated of quite of some money, but I guess, I moved on.

It is very tempting to curse and swear at people, be violent, bad mood, hateful, disrespectful (and follow bad behavior).
(10-29-2009, 12:38 AM)carrie Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-25-2009, 07:12 PM)Whitefeather Wrote: [ -> ]Is it about relationships, communication, health, job? Being alone or with the wrong people? ... I am asking because, being stuck with the wrong people can be VERY hard! :@ IMO, it is the hardest thing! BigSmile

Something like that... recently I was cheated of quite of some money, but I guess, I moved on.

It is very tempting to curse and swear at people, be violent, bad mood, hateful, disrespectful (and follow bad behavior).

Hi Carrie,
I am just only back to the forum and found your message only now; I have been away from computer work for about three weeks. Sorry for the delay.

I see what you mean, the emotional stuff... emotions are powerful and can have powerful effects, as much in the bad department as in the good one.
Of course, I could suggest to observe your emotions, see them coming into your being, and from there turn them around like when you push a light switch ... but I know that it is easier said than done; I am aware of that!
There are techniques, plenty of them, breathing techniques, self-mirroring techniques, etc.

But, I think that it may be more efficient and easier to start to 'unblock' the knots, so to say, with the help of what is currently called 'FLOWER ELIXIRS' also called 'flower remedies' or 'flower essences'.
You can find them in health shops and stores. They are correctors of negative emotions and work very well. Look for a practitioner for helping you identifying which may be the elixirs which will work for the emotion you wish to correct.

Flower elixirs are made by infusing full opened flowers in purified water in a certain way and then, fixing the elixir with a little bit of alcohol (brandy usually). The treatment consists of taking a few drops under the tongue several times per day for several days.

One flower is usually attributed to a particular emotion. Sometimes you find several associated together in a single remedy.

You may google 'Dr. Edward Bach' who was the physician who first discovered the corrective virtues of flowers upon emotions. He paired 38 emotions with a flower. After his death, his work was continued and now, you can find a great amount of flower elixirs on the market; these new flower elixirs became known as 'flower essences' in order to distinguish them from the work of Dr. E. Bach.

Here below are two links I found but there are many others.

http://www.bachshop.co.uk/catalog/?gclid...4wodQGmFqw

http://www.crystalherbs.com/

Good luck! Smile
keep in touch and take care,
Love and Light,
Whitefeather
In my opinion, the Ra info is very abundant in wonderful information, but at the same time in my opinion, it is extremely short in technique. I believe Ra made it clear that this is from not wishing to violate the law of confusion. For me, it has been crucial in the wish to grow spiritually to find a good teacher. There are some good ones out there, and I don't think it's necessary to find one who endorses or even believes in any of the key terms put forth by Ra such as being "harvested", social memory complexes, etc. Also, I believe an over-emphasis on this "wanderer" thing is or can be quite detrimental. I don't even know whether I or anyone else is a wanderer, but even if we were, it would make no difference to our presence here. In other words, the game is the same for us as for everyone else. Maybe the only way out for any of us is spiritual growth.
I can say that reading different kinds of book can be the best way of learning and must share it to others.

(11-18-2009, 09:11 AM)thomas Wrote: [ -> ]In my opinion, the Ra info is very abundant in wonderful information, but at the same time in my opinion, it is extremely short in technique. I believe Ra made it clear that this is from not wishing to violate the law of confusion. For me, it has been crucial in the wish to grow spiritually to find a good teacher. There are some good ones out there, and I don't think it's necessary to find one who endorses or even believes in any of the key terms put forth by Ra such as being "harvested", social memory complexes, etc. Also, I believe an over-emphasis on this "wanderer" thing is or can be quite detrimental. I don't even know whether I or anyone else is a wanderer, but even if we were, it would make no difference to our presence here. In other words, the game is the same for us as for everyone else. Maybe the only way out for any of us is spiritual growth.

If an incarnate entity is a wanderer, it would depend on the contract by which the wanderer agreed to, prior to coming here. If the terms of the contract are for a specific time frame of single incarnation, 25, 50, 75,000 years, etc. etc., then when the term of time is completed, the wanderer is free to do/go as it wishes. If the terms of the contract are to have to work behind the veil and choose and meet polarity requirements, that is what is binding. In either case, unless in touch with one's higher self, there is no way of knowing which type of contract one has accepted.
This I agree with - being in touch with one's higher self as being crucial. But there are many systems of belief that when followed diligently, facilitate accomplishing it. It all has to do with releasing and transcending the ego, or at least this is my opinion. The veil is dismantled in this fashion for a wanderer just as it is for anyone else. Without that happening, the wanderer is just another 3rd density person. There is nothing wrong with that since that is what we all are while here anyway, but identifying and transcending ego is what I have found to be the only way of doing it for me. When the ego is transcended, the veil is dismantled, and "remembering" happens automatically. This can be accomplished by applying the principles of love and forgiveness in an unconditional manner, which is the real message of Christianity as presented by Christ as represented by God being a "father" of unconditional love. I'm just wondering what any of this has to do with whether or not one is a wanderer.
(08-09-2009, 10:18 AM)carrie Wrote: [ -> ]hi,

Be more loving in all transactions. start with your family and friends first. as it is easier to love then. Love and forgive others and yourself. make foregiveness a part of your daily life. service to others includes service to self (not at the cost of others). Forgive yourself first...
thefool Wrote:Be more loving in all transactions. start with your family and friends first. as it is easier to love then. Love and forgive others and yourself. make foregiveness a part of your daily life. service to others includes service to self (not at the cost of others). Forgive yourself first...

Remember, the path is not the same for all pathwalkers... I would say the easiest way to realize the Law of One, or the easiest way to start, is to first realize that you are one. All of you... even those overlooked parts. Find ALL of you, all thoughts, emotions, experiences, attitudes, ideas, and perceptions of self, and realize that it is all one. Then you can look out from that realized self from every facet of your Being and see that all things are one. This message comes clearer into focus for me every day. Smile
Remember, the path is not the same for all pathwalkers... I would say the easiest way to realize the Law of One, or the easiest way to start, is to first realize that you are one. All of you... even those overlooked parts. Find ALL of you, all thoughts, emotions, experiences, attitudes, ideas, and perceptions of self, and realize that it is all one. Then you can look out from that realized self from every facet of your Being and see that all things are one. This message comes clearer into focus for me every day. Smile
[/quote]

Hi Aaron-I agree with you about different paths. good for you that you have adopted a path and it comes into focus for you everyday. Good luck and blessings...

I find that realizing oneness is a difficult path for a lot of us. I find it much easier to just love as we are already doing that to some extend and we are expanding an already known concept...
Quote:I find that realizing oneness is a difficult path for a lot of us. I find it much easier to just love as we are already doing that to some extend and we are expanding an already known concept...

Yes, it is a continual challenge to bring these deep realizations into focus, and personally I know I am in no way clear on all of them, especially "All is One". That is such a difficult thing to perceive because everything I see and experience every day seems to be very separate. I don't feel like I am one with something or someone on the other side of this world, let alone something billions of miles away from earth. But we will get there. We will all get there, one step at a time, shifting our perception towards Oneness...

I agree with you in that we are expanding on a concept that we already inherently know to be true underneath it all. One of the things that helps me realize that the things that are in the Ra teachings are true is that many of the ideas presented there have either been realized by me sometime before on the path or it feels like I am being told something that I already know deeply to be true.

Love to you, my friend. Smile
Pages: 1 2