Bring4th

Full Version: I see instant gratification as just another facet of Universal Pleasure
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Most people think instant gratification refers to exclusively materialistic desires. Mummy, I want a cookie, or daddy, I want a new Corvette, and I want it now! Wanting the physical to fill one's spiritual holes with illusion.

I experienced something today while I was doing training in focus and willpower. I got really hot and I got some cold water to balance out, however, I thought, this is taking too long, I want to go outside and just pour it over my face. And I did, and you know what, I felt like a kid again. You could see this situation as instantly gratifying because I was hot and I wanted to cool down instantly, and it was not only satisfying to my body, but to my mind and spirit. Lol It's not something I do regularly, and hardly something you see in society outside football or baseball practice..

You see how innocent it is.. and it was immensely pleasurable. Better than just being normal and waiting for the cold drink to cool me down internally.

Ponder this, and let me know if you can think of anything like this that relates to you.
The inner child is nothing if not spontaneous.
(03-01-2012, 04:38 PM)JustLikeYou Wrote: [ -> ]The inner child is nothing if not spontaneous.

The inner child is nothing if not joyous.

BigSmile
(03-01-2012, 04:43 PM)plenum Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-01-2012, 04:38 PM)JustLikeYou Wrote: [ -> ]The inner child is nothing if not spontaneous.

The inner child is nothing if not joyous.

BigSmile

The inner child is nothing if not filled with awe by the simplest things!
The inner child rocks!!!1 And can do or change anything to bring back life to its original simplicities.
to recover the Inner Child, all you need to do is this:

MANCHILD BigSmile
i'm all about instant gratification. Tongue well not as much as before, but i've never really seen anything too wrong with it. then again it depends how it affects your life.
42.11 Ra: I am Ra. There is but one technique for this growing or nurturing of will and faith, and that is the focusing of the attention. The attention span of those you call children is considered short. The spiritual attention span of most of your peoples is that of the child. Thus it is a matter of wishing to become able to collect one’s attention and hold it upon the desired programming.

This, when continued, strengthens the will. The entire activity can only occur when there exists faith that an outcome of this discipline is possible.