Bring4th

Full Version: Meditation Basics
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
how should meditation be performed?

what should i do, -

i don't wish to communicate or talk with anyone, just to have peace in my heart.
On the website of Wingmakers ,there is a interview with James, in this interview ,James teached us a skill of meditation ,I like it a lot. It`s call Quantum Pause.

http://www.wingmakers.com/downloads/Inte...mes_PC.pdf
for a very good general introduction, watch http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IiilAUMrqrk

You can skip the old lady at the beginning, she doesn't really say anything useful.
whoops, scratch that, this one is better. It has all three parts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKGMx0APsyg
(08-11-2009, 09:42 AM)carrie Wrote: [ -> ]how should meditation be performed?

what should i do, -

i don't wish to communicate or talk with anyone, just to have peace in my heart.

Hi Carrie,

There are many different kinds of meditations.
Basically, the aim of meditation is about connecting with your higher self.

You will find that succeeding in your meditation is dependant upon the ability of keeping your mind silent. When I say 'silent', I mean to stop the talking of your mind, these talks in words which constantly remind you of all practical things that you have to do in your daily life. In that aspect this inner talking ability is very useful and, without it, no one would survive long in 3rd density (3D).

This talking, let’s call it the blablablaer, never stops a minute; it always has something to say. Like a child, it wants to be heard all the time and it wants your complete attention.

The talking is the higher expression of the personality, that part of yourself which is very 'proud' of its intelligence, its reasoning, its arguing, its opinions, its clever ways of helping you all the time, to remind you of all useful little details, etc. As I said, it is very useful.

However there is a part of you which is above the blablablaer and, that part is the higher self. And, the only way to connect to your higher self is by way of silencing the blablablaer in you.

So you see, the reason to stop the talking in words is very simple, it is because in order to reach your higher self, you need to go above the words.

Meditation is about keeping silent the words for a while and, listening to another form of communication.

It is only in that newly found silence that you will be able to connect higher, for the higher self does not speak in words. It speaks in thought-forms, in light-forms, in understandings, in knowing. It speaks directly into your heart.

For the reason talks but the heart knows.

(One of the many techniques found in monastery's disciplines is precisely the oath of silence. Now you know why.)

So, here below is the basic:

1/ Sit comfortably, back straight, both feet on the floor, arms along the body, eyes closed.
2/ Relax the body and breath calmly long relaxing breathings. You may want to breathe in the light and the love around you.
3/ Enter the silence (by stopping the blablablaer every time it intrudes and, by keeping your mind silent and, in a state of listening.) You may want to focus upon your heart chakra.
4/ Go deeper until you reach a place of peace and, listen.
5/ Remain there as much as you wish.
6/ Come back to your senses (haha!) when you feel you are ready.
7/ Take note of any happening in this experience. Sometimes it takes several hours or days to receive the insight, the answer to the questions in your life.

Do this meditation daily.

This is only a starting point.
All contributions are welcome.

Love and Light and, blessings
W.
Hi Carrie,
I hope I have been helpful.
By the way, if there is any point upon which you wish more clarification, you need only to ask. Smile

Good luck.
W.
The metaphor of the tree

People often ask me what is the meaning of meditating and, what is to be 'gained' from meditation?

I would like to answer by the metaphor of the tree, maybe because we are not so much different from trees in some aspects (at least regarding life, evolution and growing).

Think about the manner and rhythm in which a tree grows and develops its roots and branches, how trees grow roots under the ground, roots unseen from the outer world.
They would first grow these roots in order to feed, sustain and give support to the future growth and expansion of their branches.
Once the unseen system of roots is well stretched, strengthened and established, they would only then grow branches proportionally to the extent and vigor of the net of roots. The roots are occupying underneath the same volume than the volume of the branches above ground, in a perfect balanced system.

While the process of growing roots is hidden, the one of growing branches is for all to see and to bear flowers and fruits. However, the roots are the supporting strength of the whole tree.

It is a bit similar when we meditate in the sense that in meditation, we grow inwardly in a kind of inner expansion unseen from the world of illusion and not very dissimilarly to the root system of trees.
Then, once our inner growth is strong enough, it quite naturally gives support to our life and starts manifesting in the outside world of illusion in a natural manner, as a normal continuation and a necessary manifestation of our evolutionary process.
Hence goes the say: ''By their fruits, you will recognize them!''

There is much to learn from our beautiful nature and, especially about Love and Light,

Living the Law of One,
much love to all,

W.
(P.S.: If you think that this posting should go somewhere else in the forum, you are welcome to change its location. Maybe we could start a thread about the benefits of meditation because, it could be interesting to share about meditation. Ra mentions it a lot and, so does Qu'o. I do not know yet how to start a new thread though. And there is so much here in the forum that I have not read yet. If there is such a thread, I may not know it yet. Thanks Smile)
I have some thoughts on what it means to meditate.

I see spirituality as a transition into a new way of interacting with the world, a new operating system for your self. The new mindset is one of being instead of thinking. It is more open to the flow of energy between yourself and the rest of life. It is a much more calm and peaceful existence.

It looks to me like meditation helps you stand a bit outside your current mindset. The thoughts you see rattling around your mind are the way in which the old mindset deals with world.

In my experience it is important not to get too bent out of shape if you can’t keep your mind perfectly quiet. If you are seeing thoughts, you are already outside of them. I like to think about leaning against a wall as a good analogy. You are definitely exerting force to keep your mind still, but you are doing it in a way that is comfortable for you to sustain. You can also learn a lot by looking at these thoughts and seeing how they operate and try to deal with the world.

It also seems to me that these thoughts only exist because you used the old mindset to interact with the world. If you become indifferent to the thoughts they tend to expend their energy and fade away. Of course there always seems to be more.

I think it is important not resist thinking too much, either by pulling away from thoughts, or by suppressing them. They definitely seem to need validation from you in some fashion. I found that if I if don’t interact with them, then they tend to run out of steam. I just kind of look at them like, “Eh,, I don’t really need this to interact with the world anymore.”

I don’t think that the thinking mind ever goes away. What seems to happen is that you learn to operate from a different mindset. The old way of thinking is no longer you native operating system, but you can use it’s capabilities as your discretion.

Anyway, I don’t know if any of this makes any sense, but see if it is helpful at all.

Brittany

I can only meditate with music. If there is silence all the little noises of everyday life become huge and distracting. When I find music with a good beat I just concentrate on the sound, letting the notes guide me to a different state. If you’d like to try this I wouldn’t suggest listening to anything where the words of the song would have significant meaning to you and distract you. It’s easier to just break down the sounds. Classical music usually works well, and tribal music is great if you can get hold of it. Thunderdrums by Scott Fitzgerald is perfect for me, but it’s an old number that has to be special ordered. I often imagine the notes as colors, letting them drift around and form images that alter my conscious state, just seeing what comes. Often I see things that comfort me greatly- it is like your heart is whispering to you in pictures, if that makes sense. It is very peaceful and I often find myself in a state of quiet and stillness in spite of the sound. It is a good stepping stone for other forms of deep meditation without delving too deep into any specific objective.

There’s tons of other ways out there to meditate, too, this is just the one that works best for me. Some people completely reject having music during meditation because they think it is distracting. I’d research different approaches and try them all. Everyone is different and I really don’t think there’s one specific way to meditate that trumps all the others.