Bring4th

Full Version: is RAGE a Useful Emotion?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I still find myself prone to moments of GREAT RAGE. It is different from Anger ... I am not sure in what way.

for eg, I might be watching a baseball game, and when someone makes a crucial mistake, I just lose it. It's like a lot depended on that individual, and they muffed up.

I might also be watching a Gladiator type tv show set in the Roman era (Spartacus for eg), and when a contest between a hero and and villain is played out, I will feel a great surge of violent emotion for someone's head or limb to be chopped off.

I feel quite enlivened in these moments. And there is no sense of Hate at all towards any individual.

It feels ... how can I say it? PRIMAL? In the way a caveman might feel emotions?

the female audience reading this might not understand, but the guys?

do you get that BLOODLUST feeling at times? feels good right??

Useful for what? What are you trying to achieve? How would you consider emotions useful?

---

I understand the feeling you are talking about, but it is not something I feel often any more. When watching movies or TV shows with the theme you are talking about, I can relate to the feeling, I can recognize it, and I can appreciate it, but I don't directly experience it. My heart doesn't start beating faster and I don't get the bloodlust feeling, but I can watch and realize it is an expression of the creator and appreciate that for what it is, realizing it exists within me in potentiation yet not active.

Unbound

Yes, I certainly know this feeling, and I think it's related to a blockage between the Solar Plexus and Root chakras, where a feeling of powerlessness stems from an inability to control the choices of others, which triggers a deep survival insecurity. Just a speculation for myself though.
(03-02-2012, 03:13 PM)plenum Wrote: [ -> ]I still find myself prone to moments of GREAT RAGE. It is different from Anger ... I am not sure in what way.

for eg, I might be watching a baseball game, and when someone makes a crucial mistake, I just lose it. It's like a lot depended on that individual, and they muffed up.

I might also be watching a Gladiator type tv show set in the Roman era (Spartacus for eg), and when a contest between a hero and and villain is played out, I will feel a great surge of violent emotion for someone's head or limb to be chopped off.

I feel quite enlivened in these moments. And there is no sense of Hate at all towards any individual.

It feels ... how can I say it? PRIMAL? In the way a caveman might feel emotions?

Very useful I would say. The question is if you feel guilty about it, why?
(03-02-2012, 03:27 PM)Azrael Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, I certainly know this feeling, and I think it's related to a blockage between the Solar Plexus and Root chakras, where a feeling of powerlessness stems from an inability to control the choices of others, which triggers a deep survival insecurity. Just a speculation for myself though.

In my case it was an actual entity.

Once I found the logical separation between perceived action and emotion I found "what was not me". After a period the entity left of its own accord. Actually this sort of thing is described on Ahktu's blog.Tongue

Unbound

Yes, I had that for a time, although it was more debilitating against my self esteem than rage in this case. Perhaps rage against the self. I allowed the entity (perhaps entities, I was rather swarmed at the time) to leave though.
thanks for all the Answers everyone.

I posted just before I left work, and had some time to think about it more on the Train home and while cooking Breakfast.

I am Thinking that the Rage Response is linked to the Fight/Flight mechanism that we have programmed into our bodies.

if we make the choice to FIGHT, then RAGE is activated.

our bodies are flooded with adrenals and all other good chemicals, and the Male (or possibly Female!) is prepared for Combat. That's why RAGE can feel so good - you feel powerful, alert, connected, ready for anything.

so RAGE is possibly not good/bad/desirable/undesirable, it's just a consequence of a body circuit that we have for our survival.

- -

of course, the Fight/Flight mechanism can be triggered in non-useful ways in our cramped living conditions.

- -

it can also be triggered by the things that you guys have suggested above.

I think it's strong red-ray energy, and it can feel good to bathe in that strong energy and let it flow through you. Potentially destructive, though, if not, as Ra says about anger, understood, accepted, and integrated.

Can you identify the difference that you see between rage and anger? I guess anger can be cold while rage usually is not, but that seems to have more to do with one's attitude towards the emotions than with the emotions themselves. I tend to see the difference between rage and anger as being mostly one of intensity, although rage for me sometimes connotes feelings of powerlessness.
(03-02-2012, 03:27 PM)Azrael Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, I certainly know this feeling, and I think it's related to a blockage between the Solar Plexus and Root chakras, where a feeling of powerlessness stems from an inability to control the choices of others, which triggers a deep survival insecurity. Just a speculation for myself though.

This resonates with me. What I have experienced isn't exactly rage, but a gathering of force and focused clarity when I perceive a threat (I mentioned my potential yellow-ray blockage in another thread) and a desire (temptation?) to energetically roll over the people in my way and impose my will...yeah, not so STO...but years ago I didn't even realize it because I THOUGHT I was marshaling my forces for the greater good. It's taken a couple years to see this for what it really was.

Back to the question--

Is rage useful? hmm...when my husband was in kindergarten, a 5th grader used to pick on him...my husband broke his nose in a fit of rage. The bullying ceased. Survival?
I have felt this feeling at football games. It has to do with the 2nd chakra. Sports teams (or colosseum matches) tend to bring out this competitive state in us. Even if I unconsciously became overwhelmed in the fervor it generates. Ra does mention specifically regarding the sports teams that we are invigorated at this level by sports and we unite at a 2nd chakra level as fans of the same team and cheer, talk, and high-five together solely off of mutual love of that organization.
Some people may link their team to their survival (or maybe just, the survival of their ego.. and all it includes) and thus the feeling is strong red, like rage, like what you say.

3DMonkey

(03-02-2012, 03:13 PM)plenum Wrote: [ -> ]I still find myself prone to moments of GREAT RAGE. It is different from Anger ... I am not sure in what way.

Do you work your body to the point of physical fatigue? This would help relieve the tendency to rage. If you want it to go away, you'll need to make a conscious decision.

Is it useful? Only to the point you want to make use of it.
Like, you just "used" it to create this thread.
dear plenum

i think rage is a stage we all go thru. being wanderers we have a finely tuned sense of justice. i remember from your story u said how outraged u were by the treatment of that woman in malaysia who was a servant. good for u brother !! believe me i have anger issues i know wherof u speak. but look at it like this. rage is like a very big fire it is consuming. now if u wanted to weld a joint u wouldnt throw it into a fire the heat wouldnt be concentrated enuf. so let your rage be turned into anger. now fine tune that anger just as u would a welding torch and turn it against the injustices u see in this world. then something very positive will come out of your unhappiness with the injustice of this world

norral Heart

3DMonkey

Quote:46.9 Questioner: Then are you saying that if a negatively polarizing entity is unable to control his own anger or unable to control himself in anger that he may cause cancer? Is this correct?
Ra: I am Ra. This is quite correct. The negative polarization contains a great requirement for control and repression.

Meerie

how sexist Tongue
I know that feeling, and it is a warm hot surge of pure energy. Primal and raw.
It just depends on how you use it...

Ra - rage
"coincidentally", one part of rage is contained in Ra's name Wink
and the other part is "ge"
Ra? gee!!!
Tongue
Expressed rage has a LOT of potential to cause change.
Built in rage -as quoted by 3DMonkey as well - causes body imbalances that lead to things like cancer.

I love the analogy of us being oxygen bubbles that were volunteering for getting pushed down into the deepest sees, and now we are finding our way back to the air. Now, in this analogy, fear, pain are catalysts that push us DOWN so we can bounce back with a greater speed and force. Rage is a manifestation of such an immense driving force. Use it, love it, if you have to, but do not hold on to it as this body is not designed to do so.

That said, I wonder what type of environment would support a physical reality where greater deviations are allowed. It will be nice to become able to explore an idea as such, once we get into that level of consciousness.