Bring4th

Full Version: A Spoof on How Psychic Attack Works
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The inmate represents fear that is offered, which is done by attempting to manipulate your beliefs. If you don't believe what is being suggested, which is what Andy Dick does, there is nothing to grab hold of.

By not taking the seeking process too seriously, through laughter and joy you will remain present Tongue Laugh and be happy! Strong language by the way.

I dunno if it's that simple. There are many ways to create confusion by exploiting distortions in mind, body, and spirit. And it's not necessarily in the form of a recognizable suggestion. Actually a feeling of 'nothing to grab hold of' is one type of an attack.
Well it certainly is intricate and attacks reveal a lot. I feel there is a turning point in the seeking process where you are called back into balance where mystery and being resides. The more you think you "know", is to set yourself up for an attack. It either stops when you find a distortion that needed correction, or when you just give in and say "I have no clue in how to proceed." That last part is a release of wisdom, of knowing, and a release of attempting to put things in order.

The key seems to be unknowing, which Ra has suggested. The more I reject my need to know, I find that the attack stops. I feel that beyond a certain point there is nothing to seek, and life is more about being which has also been stressed. It's kind of ridiculous to have a certain amount of surety I think. It's as if you're being humbled. But most importantly, if you're not keeping a light heart and laughing about it all, the central component of life which is joy is missing.
(03-05-2012, 12:01 AM)Icaro Wrote: [ -> ]Well it certainly is intricate and attacks reveal a lot. I feel there is a turning point in the seeking process where you are called back into balance where mystery and being resides. The more you think you "know", is to set yourself up for an attack. It either stops when you find a distortion that needed correction, or when you just give in and say "I have no clue in how to proceed."
Being attached to "knowing" is only one type of distortion though, and therefore only one type of area which can be manipulated. Not being attached to "knowing" or saying "I have no clue in how to proceed" has no bearing on psychic attack, whatsoever.

I'm finding that most psychic attack is self-induced through belief though. When you release the idea that you're being controlled, and choose to ground yourself by not continuing to explore what is being suggested, it ends. This is all a matter of opinion of course.

Brittany

I think the majority of "psychic attacks" are experienced by people who are expecting psychic attacks. I think this phenomenon is over-publicized and the paranoia that stems just from reading about psychic attacks creates openings through which to receive such experiences in many minds. If you think about them all the time, they'll be happy to manifest the product of your thoughts for you. "All thought is creative." Proceed through your life with faith and fearlessness, and even if some entity DOES have a personal vendetta against you, it will be like water off a duck's back. Absolutely no one has power over you unless you first give it to them of your own free will.
I agree. There is a certain amount of consent given by way of thought form. Thought form is form of thought..it's a fancy word for "idea". Idea's are implanted and if explored, begin the attack.
(03-05-2012, 12:22 AM)Icaro Wrote: [ -> ]I'm finding that most psychic attack is self-induced through belief though. When you release the idea that you're being controlled, and choose to ground yourself by not continuing to explore what is being suggested, it ends. This is all a matter of opinion of course.

What do you think about your approach in situations such as this:
Quote:This thought-form sought to put an end to this instrument’s incarnation by working with the renal distortions which, although corrected upon time/space, are vulnerable to one which knows the way to separate time/space molding and space/time distortions which are being unmolded, vulnerable as before the, shall we say, healing.

Bodily attack is not something we really hear of. If I'm not mistaken the brunt of attack on Carla's body stopped after Don passed. Not to mention their situation was an entirely different one.
Some of what I call psychic attack do not come from "people".
"Psychic attack" -> other-selves offering a service for which you are consciously or unconsciously asking for
If you decide that it is not your choice, and that your belief system no longer represents what you really want to believe (i.e. realizing that nothing can actually "hurt" you), then it will be solved.

Of course, it is not always that simple, and once someone goes crazy over hearing voices or having horrible experiences, outside helps and defenses might help.

I always wonder though, when seeing theese tv shows based on the paranormal (like the "The River", currently airing), is that it is so funny that there will be a spanish girl on the boat who does not speak english but can hastily talk about (in spanish) how all the ghosts out there are wanting to kill them -but there, for some reason, is NEVER a smiling buddhist monk who just sits there chilling out, telling people that it is going to be alright BigSmile
"a smiling buddhist monk who just sits there chilling out, telling people that it is going to be alright"

That is my kind of guy. Smile
(03-05-2012, 03:53 AM)Oldern Wrote: [ -> ]If you decide that it is not your choice, and that your belief system no longer represents what you really want to believe (i.e. realizing that nothing can actually "hurt" you), then it will be solved.

It can be difficult though. When you're having delusions of the mind, and feel like you're losing control, it's not as easy as "Oh this can't hurt me."...because it's a very real experience internally. After "insight" is gained, when looking back you kind of realize how you did it to yourself. It's some kind of battle with the internal self and its ability to see an infinite number of possibilities.

Love, joy, perseverance, and the faith that the here and now is the only thing to worry about grounds yourself in the present.
(03-05-2012, 10:44 AM)Icaro Wrote: [ -> ]After "insight" is gained, when looking back you kind of realize how you did it to yourself.

Yes, so many ways to do this to ourselves.

There is directly and nondirect IMO. Indirect may be more like the company you keep or the area you traverse through.

I find it normal for a type of attack to take place in entrances to places like Walmart or churches. En-Trance LoL!
Heh..well I'm glad I don't shop at Walmart!