Bring4th

Full Version: Living Your True Self
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Unbound

Quote:Questioner: Thank you. From this I would extrapolate to the conjecture that the orientation in mind of the entity is the only thing that is of any consequence at all. []

-

[] It is completely true to the best of our knowledge that the orientation or polarization of the mind/body/spirit complex is the cause of the perceptions generated by each entity. Thus a scene may be observed in your grocery store. The entity ahead of self may be without sufficient funds. One entity may then take this opportunity to steal. Another may take this opportunity to feel itself a failure. Another may unconcernedly remove the least necessary items, pay for what it can, and go about its business. The one behind the self, observing, may feel compassion, may feel an insult because of standing next to a poverty-stricken person, may feel generosity, may feel indifference.

Questioner: In dietary matters, what would be the foods that one would include and what would be the foods that one would exclude in a general way for the greatest care of one’s bodily complex?

Ra: I am Ra. Firstly, we underline and emphasize that this information is not to be understood literally but as a link or psychological nudge for the body and the mind and spirit. Thus it is the care and respect for the self that is the true thing of importance. []

Questioner: Can you expand on the concept which is that it is necessary for an entity, during incarnation in the physical as we know it, to become polarized or interact properly with other entities and why this isn’t possible in between incarnations when the entity is aware of what he wants to do. Why must he come into an incarnation and lose conscious memory of what he wants to do and then act in a way in which he hopes to act?

Ra: I am Ra. Let us give the example of the man who sees all the poker hands. He then knows the game. It is but child’s play to gamble, for it is no risk. The other hands are known. The possibilities are known and the hand will be played correctly but with no interest.

In time/space and in the true color green density, the hands of all are open to the eye. The thoughts, the feelings, the troubles, all these may be seen. There is no deception and no desire for deception. Thus much may be accomplished in harmony but the mind/body/spirit gains little polarity from this interaction.

Let us re-examine this metaphor and multiply it into the longest poker game you can imagine, a lifetime. The cards are love, dislike, limitation, unhappiness, pleasure, etc. They are dealt and re-dealt and re-dealt continuously. You may, during this incarnation begin—and we stress begin—to know your own cards. You may begin to find the love within you. You may begin to balance your pleasure, your limitations, etc. However, your only indication of other-selves’ cards is to look into the eyes.

You cannot remember your hand, their hands, perhaps even the rules of this game. This game can only be won by those who lose their cards in the melting influence of love, can only be won by those who lay their pleasures, their limitations, their all upon the table face up and say inwardly: “All, all of you players, each other-self, whatever your hand, I love you.” This is the game: to know, to accept, to forgive, to balance, and to open the self in love. This cannot be done without the forgetting, for it would carry no weight in the life of the mind/body/spirit being-ness totality.

These quotes here are just some expressions of Ra discussing the nature of the Self in Polarity, and the nature of the Illusory game. I wanted to discuss this, and bring it up, because of late I have seen a sharp spike in the intensity of the STS vs STO argument. I have seen in here even many who push others to be one way or the other. Those of the Light see the Light as the Goal, and the darkness as that which gives way to the Light. Those of the Dark also see Light as the Goal, but instead they see the Darkness as the work of the Light itself. Naturally, there are of course a myriad of grey areas in between, but ultimately all are working towards the same concept of Unity with Creator.

Quote:Questioner: Could I say, then, that implicit in the process of becoming adept is the seeming polarization towards service to self because the adept becomes disassociated with many of his kind?

Ra: I am Ra. This is likely to occur. The apparent happening is disassociation whether the truth is service to self and thus true disassociation from other-selves or service-to-others and thus true association with the heart of all other-selves and disassociation only from the illusory husks which prevent the adept from correctly perceiving the self and other-self as one.

I found this fairly interesting, to show that STS and STO can very much be confused for eachother at certain points in their workings, and that even those of STO at some point disassociate with the physical vehicles of Other Selves. Perhaps this connects to the concept of "emotional detachment", in that one instead sees all as the One and Spirit.

Quote:Questioner: Then built into the basis for the archetypes is possibly the mechanism for creating the polarization in consciousness for service to others and service to self. Is this, in fact, true?

Ra: I am Ra. Yes. You will notice the many inborn biases which hint to the possibility of one path’s being more efficient than the other. This was the design of the Logos.

Since Ra has also claimed that our Logos is one very much of kindness and STO, I think it can perhaps be assumed that in terms of efficiency, STO is likely to be "faster" in development. Although this raises another question of whether or not "faster is better".

---

Now, my point of this thread, is to ask the question: What does it mean to live as your True Self? What does it mean to be your self to the greatest extent possible? Ra has said, I believe, that an entity Being ItSelf to its maximum capacity in every moment is the greatest service to others that can be done. This is expressed in terms of monks and those of monastic life-style, who seemingly "do nothing", to many external perceptions. In turn, it could also be seen that for an individual who is STS and aware of that fact, being themselves would once again be of Service.

We come to a difficulty here though, that of how each identifies itself. From the first quote, we see that an individual's polarity is responsible for its perceptive experiences and choices, and NOT the other way around. You do not have choices and experiences and then gain polarity, your polarity unfolds as your choices in perception in relation to the generated events from your orientation.

That being said, what is the Self? One who realizes that all are one could very well consider themselves to be The Creator. Yet, how do you live this kind of true self? Is it part of the True Self to be polarized?

What I seek to understand here is the mechanics of ACCEPTANCE. Is it beneficial to attempt to deter another from their current path? Is it beneficial for those of the Light to deny the Dark, or for those of the Dark to deny the Light? Is being accepting of another's dark path service to others? Can you "bring the Light" while you are being judgmental of another's state of being? Where is the line drawn with what is properly service to self or service to others? (I believe Ra has said that no Other Self can clearly know the polarity of another.) Rather, once again, it would seem that any such perception of an Other Self, according to the first quote, is just a projection of One's own conceptions related to their polarity.

Many claim, as does Ra, that Light/Love is where both polarities integrate. In that sense, Dark and Light, of course, are an expression of polarity in terms of service. Other systems have defined Dark and Light in different terms, for example the concept of Reincarnation and Karma basically puts "incarnation" as the Darkness, and the "escape" from incarnation as the Light. Other speak of it as little more than mechanical.

That being said, it seems clear that Light/Love is Unpolarized Light. This in mind, we can see that both polarities of course ultimately seek to reach this Unpolarized Light. However, it seems evident that there is nearly an infinite number of paths to take towards this Eternal Light/Love, Love/Light. Is it possible to know what path another is on? Is there any merit in revealing your perceptions of what another's path is? Is it worthwhile to attempt to turn others from their path if it is perceived as being "unpleasant", or "negative"?

---

These are some of the thoughts that I have been contending with internally. I desire so much to be of Service to Others, that I have become so wrapped up in it that I can't seem to do anything anymore without worrying, or feeling guilty like "What if I'm actually in service to self?" "What if I made the wrong choice?" "What if I sent someone down the wrong path?" "What if I actually am evil?" "What if I can never find the Light?" "What if the Light I know is an Illusion?" "If another sees me as negative, does that make me so?" Etc, etc, the questions go on and on in my mind.

In light of some recent discussions, I'm now reaching that point where I am wondering: "Does it matter as along as my intentions are good and of Love?"

How can I be my true self if I spend every waking moment attempting to manipulate myself in to being Service to Others, when I don't even truthfully know what that means, besides Love and Acceptance? Does this mean I am not allowed to enjoy or appreciate beauty or art that is dark in appearance? Am I not allowed to enjoy or appreciate all paths and other selves, without being accused of being a proponent? Am I not allowed to see the wonder of the Night?

Of course, I see the beauty of the Light, of the wonderful Colours, of form and Creation, but who is to say those things of dark APPEARANCE are not also constructed of the same Light? I seek to look beyond the duality of appearance to the Light within, and some would claim that this is just a manipulation of others towards the Dark. That if I am not /strictly/ Light oriented than I obviously must be in Darkness?

I will admit, I am quite lost.
Heya Azrael

Upon reading your post i felt compelled to seek and post the quote below. Its good to remember that the work of the spirit is conducted mostly in metaphysical darkness and that the darkness must be worked with to grasp the light of day. Its also well to remember that progress toward adepthood along even the sto path can appear evil or black to those still unpolarized.

Quote:80.10 Questioner: The fifteenth archetype is the Matrix of the Spirit and has been called the Devil. Can you tell me why that is so?

Ra: I am Ra. We do not wish to be facile in such a central query, but we may note that the nature of the spirit is so infinitely subtle that the fructifying influence of light upon the great darkness of the spirit is very often not as apparent as the darkness itself. The progress chosen by many adepts becomes a confused path as each adept attempts to use the Catalyst of the Spirit. Few there are which are successful in grasping the light of the sun. By far, the majority of adepts remain groping in the moonlight and, as we have said, this light can deceive as well as uncover hidden mystery. Therefore, the melody, shall we say, of this matrix often seems to be of a negative and evil, as you would call it, nature.

It is also to be noted that an adept is one which has freed itself more and more from the constraints of the thoughts, opinions, and bonds of other-selves. Whether this is done for service to others or service to self, it is a necessary part of the awakening of the adept. This freedom is seen by those not free as what you would call evil or black. The magic is recognized; the nature is often not.

Unbound

It is difficult, I feel that I am very heavily impacted by external perceptions of me as being evil, or manipulating, because it is not in the essence of my intention or being at all. It makes me feel like everything I have been doing and working towards, and the Light I have found, is just another illusion, and that I'm once again on the "wrong path". I just don't know what to do with myself anymore.

Shin'Ar

Azrael's biggest problem is that his temporary physical thinking is as yet unable to catch up with the vast amount of ancient wisdom that is stored within his consciousness. He has made some astonishing remarks in this forum that I have rarely seen elsewhere. Many have been completely overseen by most. They have not gone unnoticed my be.

We all are born into these temporary forms in such a way that it takes a certain degree of physical development to reach or to be able to acquire the memories and knowledge that is stored within our conscio9usness. Sometimes it is a certain trigger that opens up that connection and all hell breakes loose. Many times it is too much for our temporary form to bear and we end up in a state of insanity. Many times this awakening occurs at a very young age, and the child is suddenly exposed to a consciousness that is more amcient than anyone can imagine. In all cases, each of us experiences these temporary forms based upon this evolution of our consciousness and what our previous experiences bring to us as opportunities to expand on that wisdom and knowledge.

Azrael, have patience my frind. You are already aware that you have access to ancient wisdom. The ability to balance that with this temporary state will happen, as you continue to struggle with it. to give up would simply put you in the position of having to do this all over again in another temporary identity. The DANGER now, is that because of the cycle that this density is now in, having to start over now could cause you to begin another hundred thousand year cycle. I would not give up what I have managed at this point just because I do not have the patience for it. Heed me on this friend.

As to your eloquent post, I point out that somewhere between dark and light there is grey. And at each end of that reality are the extremes of dark and light. I would advise all to remind themselves of this because ignoring the extremes does not mean they do not exist.

If there is one sure thing that cannot be argued in this existence it is that there is always choice. Oftentimes it may not seem so to some of us who find ourselves at the mercy of the power and control of others. But the reality is that despite the cost that might be involved, be it loss of family, loss of life, loss of security, etc., we all have a choice as to which way we walk from that point on.

There IS direction; always. the universe is not a chaos of swirling possibiltiies and illusions as many of you continue to profess. The universe is the Grand Design of the Intelligent Energy of the Intelligent Infinity. I call it The Source or the Infinite Spirit, as this is the way the Ancients have always referred to it. I am not comfortabe with the new age terminologies simply because I am very much in tune with my ancient wisdom. And by that I do not mean my higher intellect. I mean the field of consciousness from which my own interacts the most to draw information, memory and knowledge from. Just like the swallow draws from a specific field of consciousness to migrate and to fly in synch with its brethren.

There IS Grand Design. There IS direction. And there are natural consequences for which directions we choose to go, based upon the Laws of the Cosmos and this Grand design.

The Ouroboros might have its tail in its mouth, but it followed a particular direction to get there. there IS forward and backward. One way leads to the Light of the Infinite Spirit, and the other way leads back into what has already been created.

What has already been created is manifestation; the material world, MATTER. Within this manifestation both spirit and matter coexist. But at each extreme there is only the Infinite Spirit, void of matter.

We are the fragmented consciousness of that Source. And as such we experience not only the manifestation of matter, but also the direction and purpose of the Grand Design.

We do not have the opportunity to cast off these truths just because we become awakened to the truth of our consciousness and true identity. Just because we realize the Oneness of the All and our divinity within it, does not mean that the Grand design and Direction suddenly changes. We still have choices to make in that regard.

Will we walk toward the Light or walk toward the Dark? It is simple. Direction! As we walk those different directions we will see that if we go one way the grey will become incerasing more Light, and in the opposite direction the grey becomes increasing more dark. It is not a matter of evil and righteousness, it is merely a matter of Grand Design. The One does not alter this fact.

And what we find on those paths is that those who choose to walk toward the Dark, inevitably experience things related to that darkness, which in these temporary forms of flesh seems very pleasurable and seductive. The further one goes in that direction the more addictive it becomes. Because of that an attachment for the flesh and matter slows down their progress toward the Infinite Spirit which all things move toward. Thus we find revealed the characteristics, attributes and personallities of those who immerse themselves on that path. Self gratification becomes far more appealing than service to others; the material world far more enticing than the spiritual.

This identity of temporary flesh is simply one aspect of that path where the seductions are more important than the direction. The next identity will be able to use the previous life's experiences to realize that, but it can be a very long and slow process of reincarnation and realization. This individual that we think we are now, which we think is how we develop our consciousness, is nothing more than a vehicle for our consciousness and our true idenity.

We speak of learning this, and understanding that, and we talk of intelligence and wisdom. And we do it as though we are talking about it with regard to this illusionary identity that we have attached ourselves to, in ignorance of the fact that our true identiy is NOT this individual we think we are. You are not you. I am not me. We are We.

Our vehicle is not who we are. It is the method by which we travel. We don't go out and sit in the car in our driveway and begin to think we are a Buick. Why do we sit in this vehicle of flesh and think we are flesh? It is because we are either ignorant of the truth, or because we enjoy the flesh so much that we deliberately choose to live as such, defying the truth.

Do not be fooled by what you see in the mirror. Make choices based upon what you have become aware of. And know that those choices are directional and have consequences that you cannot alter.

Unbound

Patience, Patience, Patience, that which is developed in the Lesser Work of the Alchemist, yes, I know this well. I have no desire to start over, nor have any desire to change my direction, but rather I suppose the day to day temporal form sometimes gets very tiring and confusing. I often feel guilty about seemingly "doing nothing" to outward appearances, when I am in a constant state of working with energies internally.

On one hand, I feel that I didn't necessarily post this for myself, but to bring awareness to the immense frustration one may feel when contending with these concepts.

Shin'Ar

(03-07-2012, 09:20 PM)Azrael Wrote: [ -> ]Patience, Patience, Patience, that which is developed in the Lesser Work of the Alchemist, yes, I know this well. I have no desire to start over, nor have any desire to change my direction, but rather I suppose the day to day temporal form sometimes gets very tiring and confusing. I often feel guilty about seemingly "doing nothing" to outward appearances, when I am in a constant state of working with energies internally.

On one hand, I feel that I didn't necessarily post this for myself, but to bring awareness to the immense frustration one may feel when contending with these concepts.

And to me, that points out that instead of being comfortably satisfied and apathetic in this temporary form, you are restless because of the fact that you ARE growing out of it. Comfort is, as I stated in the last post, the domain of those who enjoy the flesh of the temporary form because they think that is what they are. But that comfort all comes to an end when that temporary gives out on them.

Unbound

Yes, I have had some significant revelations today, thank you very much for your words and connectivities. I have much to ponder on, it seems, and then again, it seems like everything is in order and without needing to be touched. As always, I Shall Be.
(03-07-2012, 07:16 PM)Azrael Wrote: [ -> ]It is difficult, I feel that I am very heavily impacted by external perceptions of me as being evil, or manipulating, because it is not in the essence of my intention or being at all. It makes me feel like everything I have been doing and working towards, and the Light I have found, is just another illusion, and that I'm once again on the "wrong path". I just don't know what to do with myself anymore.

Azrael - I can't tell you how to live your true self. I can tell you that what I have found to be true in my own life is that I must first decide who I want my true self to be. Then instead of striving and working hard trying to be that self, I am more successfull if I just relax and know that I am.

As for you being evil and manipulative, I certainly have not had that perception of you. Rather, I would agree with Shin'Ar who said, "Azrael's biggest problem is that his temporary physical thinking is as yet unable to catch up with the vast amount of ancient wisdom that is stored within his consciousness. He has made some astonishing remarks in this forum that I have rarely seen elsewhere. Many have been completely overseen by most. They have not gone unnoticed my me."

Love and light to you, Azrael.

Unbound

Thank you, indeed this has been mentioned a lot in the past month. Here at one point I thought it had, and now once again it seems I have amplified and amplified again beyond myself. Ah, such is the work of collecting the One!

Shin'Ar

(03-08-2012, 12:43 AM)Azrael Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you, indeed this has been mentioned a lot in the past month. Here at one point I thought it had, and now once again it seems I have amplified and amplified again beyond myself. Ah, such is the work of collecting the One!

Like a fishing trawler's drag net, expanding as it fills. Sort out that which is edible, and cast aside that which is poison. To return to port with a net filled with a crop that cannot be consumed beneficially is a path of wasted time and effort.
The brightness of the day at hand obscures the light of a billion stars. The radiance of Source emanates from all directions, shining through the One who seeks. The purest light is seen to dance as shadows from afar.

3DMonkey

(03-07-2012, 05:35 PM)Azrael Wrote: [ -> ]What I seek to understand here is the mechanics of ACCEPTANCE. Is it beneficial to attempt to deter another from their current path?

"93.11 ... All that assaults your senses is catalyst. We, in speaking to this support group through this instrument, offer catalyst. The configurations of each in the group of body offer catalyst through comfort/discomfort. In fact all that is unprocessed that has come before the notice of a mind/body/spirit complex is catalyst"

Nobody deters, we all assault.

(03-07-2012, 05:35 PM)Azrael Wrote: [ -> ]Is it beneficial for those of the Light to deny the Dark, or for those of the Dark to deny the Light? Is being accepting of another's dark path service to others? Can you "bring the Light" while you are being judgmental of another's state of being? Where is the line drawn with what is properly service to self or service to others? (I believe Ra has said that no Other Self can clearly know the polarity of another.) Rather, once again, it would seem that any such perception of an Other Self, according to the first quote, is just a projection of One's own conceptions related to their polarity.

Many claim, as does Ra, that Light/Love is where both polarities integrate. In that sense, Dark and Light, of course, are an expression of polarity in terms of service. Other systems have defined Dark and Light in different terms, for example the concept of Reincarnation and Karma basically puts "incarnation" as the Darkness, and the "escape" from incarnation as the Light. Other speak of it as little more than mechanical.

That being said, it seems clear that Light/Love is Unpolarized Light. This in mind, we can see that both polarities of course ultimately seek to reach this Unpolarized Light. However, it seems evident that there is nearly an infinite number of paths to take towards this Eternal Light/Love, Love/Light. Is it possible to know what path another is on? Is there any merit in revealing your perceptions of what another's path is? Is it worthwhile to attempt to turn others from their path if it is perceived as being "unpleasant", or "negative"?

The polarization of STO/STS is how we choose to receive the Love/Light through the lens of our Mind. Therefore, I see you being on the right track. We turn away from thinking one way for another. When we've done it enough, our Mind has a percentage that helps us live a life more concentrated in one area or another with our electrical, 4D, "body". But there is no zone where we find ourselves free and clear to rest, because at any moment, we can flip.

(03-07-2012, 05:35 PM)Azrael Wrote: [ -> ]---

These are some of the thoughts that I have been contending with internally. I desire so much to be of Service to Others, that I have become so wrapped up in it that I can't seem to do anything anymore without worrying, or feeling guilty like "What if I'm actually in service to self?" "What if I made the wrong choice?" "What if I sent someone down the wrong path?" "What if I actually am evil?" "What if I can never find the Light?" "What if the Light I know is an Illusion?" "If another sees me as negative, does that make me so?" Etc, etc, the questions go on and on in my mind.

"100.4 ...The conscious entity holds both and will turn itself one way or the other or, potentially, backwards and forwards, rocking first one way then the other and not achieving the transformation. In order for the Transformation of Mind to occur, one principle governing the use of the deep mind must be abandoned...."

(03-07-2012, 05:35 PM)Azrael Wrote: [ -> ]In light of some recent discussions, I'm now reaching that point where I am wondering: "Does it matter as along as my intentions are good and of Love?"

How can I be my true self if I spend every waking moment attempting to manipulate myself in to being Service to Others, when I don't even truthfully know what that means, besides Love and Acceptance? Does this mean I am not allowed to enjoy or appreciate beauty or art that is dark in appearance? Am I not allowed to enjoy or appreciate all paths and other selves, without being accused of being a proponent? Am I not allowed to see the wonder of the Night?

Of course, I see the beauty of the Light, of the wonderful Colours, of form and Creation, but who is to say those things of dark APPEARANCE are not also constructed of the same Light? I seek to look beyond the duality of appearance to the Light within, and some would claim that this is just a manipulation of others towards the Dark. That if I am not /strictly/ Light oriented than I obviously must be in Darkness?

I will admit, I am quite lost.

Just choose and roll with it BigSmile

Unbound

Wow, 3D, that is a keen and heartfelt post, I really appreciate that.

"But there is no zone where we find ourselves free and clear to rest, because at any moment, we can flip."

This, to me, is one of THE most important lessons for all to be aware of. Only change is constant!