Bring4th

Full Version: Adonai
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Unbound

Quote:Adonai

A Kabbalah explanation of the Priestly Blessing with Adonai inscribed.
In the Masoretic Text the name YHWH is vowel pointed as יְהֹוָה, as if pronounced YE-HO-VAH in modern Hebrew, and Yəhōwāh in Tiberian vocalization. Traditionally in Judaism, the name is not pronounced but read as Adonai (/ˈædəˈnaɪ/) ("my Lord"), during prayer, and referred to as HaShem ("the Name") at all other times. This is done out of reluctance to pronounce the name anywhere but in the Temple in Jerusalem, due to its holiness. This tradition has been cited by most scholars as evidence that the Masoretes vowel pointed YHWH as they did only to indicate to the reader they are to pronounce "Adonai" in its place. While the vowel points of אֲדֹנָי (Aḏōnáy) and יְהֹוָה (Yəhōwāh) are very similar, they are not identical, which may indicate that the Masoretic vowel pointing represented the actual pronunciation of the name YHWH and was not or not only an indication to use a substitute name (Qere-Ketiv).[14]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adonai#Adonai

I just found this to be interesting, considering Ra's use of the word, and I feel this is why I like using the word so much in closing.
"Adonai (master)"
(03-08-2012, 02:43 AM)Azrael Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:Adonai

A Kabbalah explanation of the Priestly Blessing with Adonai inscribed.
In the Masoretic Text the name YHWH is vowel pointed as יְהֹוָה, as if pronounced YE-HO-VAH in modern Hebrew, and Yəhōwāh in Tiberian vocalization. Traditionally in Judaism, the name is not pronounced but read as Adonai (/ˈædəˈnaɪ/) ("my Lord"), during prayer, and referred to as HaShem ("the Name") at all other times. This is done out of reluctance to pronounce the name anywhere but in the Temple in Jerusalem, due to its holiness. This tradition has been cited by most scholars as evidence that the Masoretes vowel pointed YHWH as they did only to indicate to the reader they are to pronounce "Adonai" in its place. While the vowel points of אֲדֹנָי (Aḏōnáy) and יְהֹוָה (Yəhōwāh) are very similar, they are not identical, which may indicate that the Masoretic vowel pointing represented the actual pronunciation of the name YHWH and was not or not only an indication to use a substitute name (Qere-Ketiv).[14]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adonai#Adonai

I just found this to be interesting, considering Ra's use of the word, and I feel this is why I like using the word so much in closing.
"Adonai (master)"
Nice find.
To me it is more like "Adonai (Lord)"

Another thread about the word "Adonai":

Why the word Adonai?

One reply from that thread:

(05-18-2010, 03:40 PM)Cyclops Wrote: [ -> ]Some questions were asked about this.
Q'uo Sunday Meditation April 1, 1990
Quote:K: I have a brief one. Could you please give me as exact a transliteration as possible of “Adonai vasu borragus,” and what the origins are of those words?

I am Q’uo, and am aware of your query, my sister. These closing exaltations are from a language which some upon your planet know of as Solex Mal. These words …

We pause.

(Pause)

We apologize, there was a disturbance with this instrument. These words are those which offer a thanksgiving to the crystal pure light within each being that has called for the presence of the contact speaking through an instrument. “The lord of the light” is one literal translation of the “adonai.” The “vasu” and “borragus” have meanings that are approximated by “the One who reigns within and forever.” This is seen as the essence of each entity and is felt to be a fitting closing for messages which are in truth spoken from the One to the One.

Latwii
Sunday Meditation April 21, 1985
Quote:N: Yes, I have a number of questions, but I’ve often been wondering, what language “Adonai vasu borragus,” or the terminating words that Hatonn and you, Latwii use, what language it is, and what is the interpretation of it, besides “God.” I’m sure Adonai is God or the Creator.

I am Latwii, and am aware of your query, my brother. The words of which you speak are words which are taken from what has been called by some upon your planet a solar language, that known as the Solex Mal. These words are those which fellow seekers might leave other seekers, expressing those concepts which each seeks within its life, that is, the one Creator, the love and the light of that one Creator, and the unity which binds all as One. The words may be taken to mean in general, “In the name of the One, Its love and Its light, we leave you, we salute and we are with you.”

May we answer you further, my brother?

N: Yes. Thank you very much for that definition. Was the word, “Adonoi” or “Adonai” channeled to the Hebrews as that of the Lord God the Creator?

I am aware of your query, my brother. There have been various cultures upon your planet in your past, as you call it, who have received various, shall we say, words of power in response to their call, shall we say. These vibrations which compose the Hebrew language and the vibrations which compose the Sanskrit language are those vibrations which are quite close in many instances to a more pure and less distorted expression of the concepts of unity of love and of light and these languages, as do others in a lesser degree, contain what may be seen as mathematical relationships that embody certain key concepts within the evolutionary process.

May we answer you further, my brother?

N: Well, then, thank you very much. But, the word “Adonai,” then, is many, many eons or multiple centuries older than we have any interpretation or I have any interpretation of, is that correct?

I am Latwii, and this is quite correct, my brother, for this particular language was, shall we say, given upon your planet within the Hebrew race by those which answered the call of this race, therefore the language is from a source other than your own planetary influence.

(03-08-2012, 06:15 AM)Ankh Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-18-2010, 03:40 PM)Cyclops Wrote: [ -> ]Some questions were asked about this.
Q'uo Sunday Meditation April 1, 1990

Cyclops is Amazing. He seems to know the non-Ra material like the back of his hand.

props to the guy.