Bring4th

Full Version: Prophecy & Possibilities
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
in this discussion, Ra decides to go to the Supermarket and do some shopping. The analogy presented is quite apt (the idea of making CHOICES).

Quote:65.9 Ra: I am Ra. Consider the shopper entering the store to purchase food with which to furnish the table for the time period you call a week. Some stores have some items, others a variant set of offerings. We speak of these possibility/probability vortices when asked with the understanding that such are as a can, jar, or portion of goods in your store.

so we can go to the Supermarket (the future), and some possibilities are present. Ra can look at these for us.

- -

Quote:It is unknown to us as we scan your time/space whether your peoples will shop hither or yon. We can only name some of the items available for the choosing. The, shall we say, record which the one you call Edgar read from is useful in that same manner. There is less knowledge in this material of other possibility/probability vortices and more attention paid to the strongest vortex. We see the same vortex but also see many others. Edgar’s material could be likened unto one hundred boxes of your cold cereal, another vortex likened unto three, or six, or fifty of another product which is eaten by your peoples for breakfast. That you will breakfast is close to certain. The menu is your own choosing.

Ra is basically giving a thumbs up to the Edgar Cayce material (that he is legit, and is seeing 'real stuff').

Ra says we have to eat ('make a choice as a peoples'), and that some inertia is already moving towards certain outcomes (the various brands of cereal and breakfast food).

- -

Quote:The value of prophecy must be realized to be only that of expressing possibilities. Moreover, it must be, in our humble opinion, carefully taken into consideration that any time/space viewing, whether by one of your time/space or by one such as we who view the time/space from a dimension, shall we say, exterior to it will have a quite difficult time expressing time measurement values. Thus prophecy given in specific terms is more interesting for the content or type of possibility predicted than for the space/time nexus of its supposed occurrence.

this is where the REAL PUNCHLINE IS.

two points:

1) "quite difficult time expressing time measurement values."

so even is the prophecy has a high degree of likelihood (say, maybe an earrthquake on a fault line), the ACTUAL pinning down of a date will be difficult and maybe unreliable. I think as entities in space/time, this EXACTNESS of 'when' is what we search after most in our 'prophets', but it seems inherently unfullfillable, according to what is said here.

2) "more interesting for the content or type of possibility predicted"

this is gist for self-reflection as a peoples or a collective.

if someone 'warns us' that we are heading down a road with a carcrash at the end, do we take this in heed and change our behaviours? (ie ecological destruction, factory farming, sex slavery).

or do we brush it aside, and say, nah, nothing happening here?

- -

Ra also talks about prophets and dreams:

Quote:96.12 The other function of the dreaming which is of aid is that type of dream which is visionary and which prophets and mystics have experienced from days of old. Their visions come through the roots of mind and speak to a hungry world. Thus the dream is of service without being of a personally polarizing nature. However, in that mystic or prophet who desires to serve, such service will increase the entity’s polarity.

thank you!

3DMonkey

It helps to think everything has a divine purpose, and to look at every element of now as if it were an archetypal clue to our next choice. But if anyone can get by without needing to do that, they are lucky, more power to 'em.
I feel like this passage relates to this idea:

Quote:26.33
Questioner: Then I am assuming all of the groups getting telepathic contact from the Confederation are high-priority targets for the Orion crusaders, and I would assume that a large percentage of them are having their messages polluted by the Orion group. Can you tell me what percentage of them had their information polluted by the Orion group and if any of them were able to remain purely a Confederation channel?
Ra: I am Ra. To give you this information would be to infringe upon the free will or confusion of some living. We can only ask each group to consider the relative effect of philosophy and your so-called specific information. It is not the specificity of the information which attracts negative influences. It is the importance placed upon it.

This is why we iterate quite often, when asked for specific information, that it pales to insignificance, just as the grass withers and dies while the love and the light of the One Infinite Creator redounds to the very infinite realms of creation forever and ever, creating and creating itself in perpetuity.

Why then be concerned with the grass that blooms, withers and dies in its season only to grow once again due to the infinite love and light of the One Creator? This is the message we bring. Each entity is only superficially that which blooms and dies. In the deeper sense there is no end to being-ness.

How important is prophecy?

3DMonkey

Not important at all, to me.
Oops. Sorry. That was rhetorical. Not a poll. Sorry.
(03-08-2012, 06:23 PM)3DMonkey Wrote: [ -> ]Not important at all, to me.
Oops. Sorry. That was rhetorical. Not a poll. Sorry.

Well, it can be both rhetorical and literal. If anyone has an established opinion on the matter I'd be more than interested to hear it.
(03-08-2012, 08:19 PM)abridgetoofar Wrote: [ -> ]Well, it can be both rhetorical and literal. If anyone has an established opinion on the matter I'd be more than interested to hear it.

well, seen in a larger context, the whole 2012 thing could be considered as a 'Prophecy'. Even though Ra talks about 25000 year cycles, we only get the 2011-2012 enddate from an estimate here -

Quote:17.29 Questioner: Am I to understand that the harvest is to occur in the year 2011, or will it be spread out?

Ra: I am Ra. This is an approximation. We have stated we have difficulty with your time/space. This is an appropriate probable/possible time/space nexus for harvest. Those who are not in incarnation at this time will be included in the harvest.

Unbound

I think it depends on the nature of the prophecy. For example, the negative would be more likely to attack a group that is expressing prophecies of light, of harmony and unity. They would not be equally concerned with a prophecy that foretells doom.
Since, for that matter, prophecy is a manner of "projecting the future". So it's kind of like goal setting in manifestation...
(03-08-2012, 08:27 PM)plenum Wrote: [ -> ]well, seen in a larger context, the whole 2012 thing could be considered as a 'Prophecy'. Even though Ra talks about 25000 year cycles, we only get the 2011-2012 enddate from an estimate here -

Honestly, despite the fact I have spent a good deal of time in the past tirelessly debating Ra's words on harvest and what it means in the Harvest forum, I ultimately believe that this information is transient. What use is information about a coming harvest day to us? (Another question both literal and rhetorical) Perhaps it may inspire some to increase their seeking or encourage them to further contemplate their polarization, but ultimately I view it as a topic which removes us from the present moment. When our lesson is to find love within the moment, why look to the future? The idea of stepping up polarization in order to meet a harvest date seems much to me like Zenmaster pointed out in one of your threads: like it is cramming for a test. I feel like striving for polarization from this mindset is just as likely to cause imbalances as it is to actually help us. Trying to force integration of catalyst just seems like a bad idea to me. Sort of like Ra's hitchhiker/shortcut analogy. My opinion, of course.

(03-08-2012, 08:28 PM)Azrael Wrote: [ -> ]I think it depends on the nature of the prophecy. For example, the negative would be more likely to attack a group that is expressing prophecies of light, of harmony and unity. They would not be equally concerned with a prophecy that foretells doom.
Since, for that matter, prophecy is a manner of "projecting the future". So it's kind of like goal setting in manifestation...

I can't find the Ra quote, but they actually touched on this at one point in a similar fashion to my previous quote. They said that one of the most used weapons of negative entities against channelers is the use of false prophecy. I think this could be applied to both messages of light and messages of doom. The use the idea of specific dates, when great importance is placed upon it (in a positive or negative light), delegitimizes the channel as a trustworthy source when specific events don't occur on specific dates. Any genuine or useful information is then dismissed along with the non-occurrence and the usefulness of the service of the channeler is squished.

3DMonkey

Reinforcing the placement of importance. Is 2012 the most important date in my mind? Is the day I will retire overly important in my current state of mind? Do I place my well being of today on the date that I hope for relief by winning the lottery? Is my happiness now relying on a prediction that my kids will make it to adulthood unscathed?

We should all be able to see what a mess of negativity I would be this very moment if I placed urgency on such predictions.