Bring4th

Full Version: KONY 2012 Discussion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I first saw the video yesterday morning and sent it out to my friends and posted it on facebook. Within a few hours it was EVERYWHERE!

Knowing that this KONY fellow allegedly hasn't been active for a few years there's just something that isn't resonating with me on this one.

Anyone else feel this is to good to be true? Believe me I'm not trying to discredit the movement. Rather questioning the ones in charge of the movement.

I am happy to see how the world has seem to make KONY a household name overnight but for some reason to me something's not right here?

thoughts?

3DMonkey

Interesting. I've held my tongue for fear of being contrary.

No, the movie didn't "move" me as it intended. From my perspective, it's nothing new. It simply has a new style of venue. It's a good cause, but there are thousands of noble causes. Then there is the counter pressure that a tyrant will use to get stronger ("look the world is after us now, we must do what we do even more"). It's a movement *shrug*. People feel like they are a part of something, which is a good thing. Surly there is selfishness intertwined, no big deal. It's all the same.

Unbound

I haven't even looked in to it, my intuitional disinformation detector went crazy upon hearing about the phenomenon.
(03-08-2012, 03:54 PM)Azrael Wrote: [ -> ]I haven't even looked in to it, my intuitional disinformation detector went crazy upon hearing about the phenomenon.

About the same way I feel. Something just seems off about it. A little orchestrated or something. Not trying to be negative or a debbie downer by the way.
It isn't "new". The video even points out that they've been working on this for 10 years already.

My nephew - a minister now - participated in a "sleep in" in Atlanta GA in 2005 (or so) to raise awareness of the Invisible Children. I asked him if he has seen this video and he says it is the same group, just a new video.
I haven't watched the new video, though I'm seeing a lot of backlash. Invisible Children isn't new, and they haven't always been such a huge organization. 7 years ago I went to a showing of their first video (like Ruth's nephew), all of the members were there (just the few kids), and they were incredibly genuine and straightforward. They consistently said during the event that their main goal was to raise awareness. They had basically sold all of their belongings to buy the necessary equipment and cover travel costs for their first video, and they were taking donations to go back.

One thing that comes up a lot is that only 32% of Invisible Children's money goes to aid. This gets a lot of attention despite the fact they aren't an aid organization, and it is still comparable to organizations dedicated to providing aid for such causes. I don't know if the video states so, but they were very clear when I saw them that they were raising awareness and any donations would go towards that specifically, and not aid.

They've obviously changed by now. I think that their reported income from donations was somewhere around $8 million. I don't know anything about the direction they've went. But if anyone is questioning the origins of Invisible Children, they aren't that fishy...though things have changed this video specifically might have a broader agenda.

Shin'Ar

The only man that can watch that video and not be moved is one who has no love or concern for humanity.

This video clearly reveals the difference between the darkness and the Light. There is direction and choice and to walk toward the darkness leads into this sort of reality. Hopelessness, inhumanity, selfishness, greed, powermongering, and lusts of the flesh are all the sort of experiences one will find as they walk in that direction. And because they walk in that direction they support and add to that lifestyle. this is their choice and it is NOT beneficial to humanity as a whole. This video shows the sort of results that come from such a path.

It broke my heart and reminded me why I speak out so boldly in warning.
Absolutely love the video and totally support it's message.

One observation- can anyone now doubt that fourth density is coming on? This sort of movement is completely characteristic of the new world our children and grandchildren will inherit. A world where everyone has a chance to make a difference and improve human happiness. That part where they showed the pyramid of power turning upside down was spot on.

Much love

Shin'Ar

(03-08-2012, 06:53 PM)Eric Wrote: [ -> ]Absolutely love the video and totally support it's message.

One observation- can anyone now doubt that fourth density is coming on? This sort of movement is completely characteristic of the new world our children and grandchildren will inherit. A world where everyone has a chance to make a difference and improve human happiness. That part where they showed the pyramid of power turning upside down was spot on.

Much love

Just curious Eric if you understood the symbolic meaning of the upsdie down pyramid?

I enjoyed your post. I wish we could hear more of an attitude of love toward humanity in this forum as opposed to all of this service to self.
(03-08-2012, 07:05 PM)ShinAr Wrote: [ -> ]Just curious Eric if you understood the symbolic meaning of the upsdie down pyramid?

I didn't notice that when I saw it- but thanks for pointing it out! If I am not mistaken... the symbol for the divine feminine energy (i.e. characteristic of 4D)?
My estimation of this video is that its authors are genuine but either their own grasp of the situation is tenuous (which seems doubtful) or their method of communication is dishonest. In terms of donations, I think it's not that big of an issue. Too often people who do work that many appreciate are criticized for allowing that work to support them without need of a job. Besides, millions of dollars go a very long way in Uganda.

This is what Clif High has to say about it:

http://halfpasthuman.com/conceptual%20co...shold.html
I think the list of (in)famous people espousing and sponsoring this campaign (eg Bush, Clinton, JP Morgan) says everything.

http://www.backstage.com/bso/news-and-fe...1552.story

The Intel Hub Wrote:Kony 2012 is but another piece of slick propaganda designed to tug on the heart strings – and the purse strings – of ignorant Americans who are clueless about the real reasons why the globalists are now moving into Africa in a big way.
http://theintelhub.com/2012/03/12/kony-2...x-exposed/
That is actually a list of targets that the video encourages its viewers to convince to sponsor this campaign. I agree, though, that the people on this list suggest a high degree of either ignorance or corruption in the authors of the message.
apparently the Kony guy is not even in Uganda anymore. so all they'd be doing with people's support is go and bomb a bunch of kids, who were traumatized already. great stuff.
Does anyone else find it suspicious that despite Kony's crimes been going on for 20+years the media and government took serious interest in in this case right after a large amounts of oil has been discovered in Uganda.
(03-13-2012, 01:44 PM)indiGo33 Wrote: [ -> ]Does anyone else find it suspicious that despite Kony's crimes been going on for 20+years the media and government took serious interest in in this case right after a large amounts of oil has been discovered in Uganda.

WOW! I didn't know about the oil in Uganda. But man the way the 'message' spread like wild fire something just didn't 'feel' right to me about it.

The good news I suppose is that it shows that messages are capable of spreading to the masses.
people want a neat package. then they can donate and sign and feel better about themselves. if they really cared they'd look this stuff up.

3DMonkey

I kept thinking "if you wanted to DO something about Kony, grow some balls and go after the guy yourself". Oooooorrr.... See if you can gain popularity, recognition, acclaim and a few extra bucks.

3DMonkey

This deserves a bump.

Isn't this about to go down April 21?

I'm growing more fond of the idea that this is about a new world's way to manipulate people. Like a test run to get young people on board with war.

Story:
20 year old girl says "just got my kony 2012 gear, but it took so long I'm not interested anymore"

I show her one of the videos Oceania linked (the Ugandan girl).
Somehow this motivated her to get back into supporting kony 2012.

....sooooo, I'm thinking if we wanna play the game, we need to know the rules. Lol.
(so weird how I have the opposite affect on people)