Bring4th

Full Version: Acceptance, Approval, and Other "A" Words
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
As I was flying home today, I was giving much thought to some of the recurring points of discord in the forum.

Something else I have also been noticing about myself, is my reluctance to share stories. For some reason, telling stories has always seemed somewhat self-indulgent to me, and so sometimes I get uncomfortable when telling them. Beyond this, I have a bias toward impatience and often find myself wishing to "get to the point already". As incredulous as I know this may sound, even in my most lengthy posts I am actually attempting to communicate something in the least amount of words necessary.

Words. Confused

Anyhow, for anybody who would be interested in reading further, a short prelude:

About 10 months ago, I starting becoming active again on Bring4th. Originally, I had started a few threads that didn't seem to garner all that much interest from the other forum members, and so I eventually just stopped checking in on them. Anyhow, for whatever reason, last Spring it occurred to me that quite some time had gone by and I hadn't been to the forum. So I thought I'd check in. So of course, I started browsing around and was particularly drawn to a thread called "More Positive But Less Harvestable" .

At the point where I joined in the discussion, people had been talking about Patton and whether or not he was "STS" or "STO". As I recall, the comment I made was to the point of "Well of course Patton was STS, he made war for a living!" Albeit a bit more dramatically.

Well let's just say this created quite a stir! Particularly with one member. Anyway, the point I wanted to make with this is it was about the labeling of others as "STS" and "STO".

A short while later, I was drawn to another thread where I ended up enmeshed in some deep, and sometimes heated, discussion with another member about whether there is an absolute sense of "right" and "wrong" in the universe.

As perhaps one could discern, these two dualistic concepts are somewhat related. In both cases, the core of my argument at the time was the idea that if "All Is One", then duality is an illusion, albeit a potentially useful one.

Back to the plane ride...

Somewhere likely over Kentucky, I found myself formulating a post in my mind about acceptance and approval. Basically, I was going to make the point that they are not synonymous, and if we were to educate ourselves about the subtle nuances in the meaning of the words, many of these seeming discordances would subside.

Now as I am one to do some research before I begin flapping my jaws, I went to look up the definition of acceptance on Dictionary.com. This is what I found:

Quote:ac·cept·ance   [ak-sep-tuhns] noun
1. the act of taking or receiving something offered.
2. favorable reception; approval; favor.
3. the act of assenting or believing: acceptance of a theory.
4. the fact or state of being accepted or acceptable.
5. acceptation ( def. 1 ) .

Well there goes that argument! BigSmile

Yet still, these words mean specific things to me, and especially in the context of the Ra material. For example, when I use the word acceptance in a discussion on the Law of One, as well as in general, I am thinking specifically in terms of this section:

25.5 Wrote:Questioner: You spoke of an Orion Confederation and of a battle being fought between the Confederation and the Orion Confederation. Is it possible to convey any concept of how this battle is fought?

Ra: I am Ra. Picture, if you will, your mind. Picture it then in total unity with all other minds of your society. You are then single-minded and that which is a weak electrical charge in your physical illusion is now an enormously powerful machine whereby thoughts may be projected as things.

In this endeavor the Orion group charges or attacks the Confederation armed with light. The result, a stand-off, as you would call it, both energies being somewhat depleted by this and needing to regroup; the negative depleted through failure to manipulate, the positive depleted through failure to accept that which is given.

25.6 Wrote:Questioner: Could you amplify the meaning of what you mean by the “failure to accept that which is given?”

Ra: I am Ra. At the level of time/space at which this takes place in the form of what you may call thought-war, the most accepting and loving energy would be to so love those who wished to manipulate that those entities were surrounded and engulfed, transformed by positive energies.

This, however, being a battle of equals, the Confederation is aware that it cannot, on equal footing, allow itself to be manipulated in order to remain purely positive, for then though pure it would not be of any consequence, having been placed by the so-called powers of darkness under the heel, as you may say.

It is thus that those who deal with this thought-war must be defensive rather than accepting in order to preserve their usefulness in service to others. Thusly, they cannot accept fully what the Orion Confederation wishes to give, that being enslavement. Thusly, some polarity is lost due to this friction and both sides, if you will, must then regroup.

It has not been fruitful for either side. The only consequence which has been helpful is a balancing of the energies available to this planet so that these energies have less necessity to be balanced in this space/time, thus lessening the chances of planetary annihilation.

I cannot express the depth and profundity with which I continue to be struck by these words. When I read this, I find that an impulse from within causes me to deeply seek for some resolution in this matter.

At first I thought- are they serious?! We are at some sort of Cosmic stalemate?! Is this just going to go on forever? Then I thought- maybe there is something I can do about this. Maybe I can help teach others a way to end this battle.

But how?

My thought process went something like this- if the light is depolarized by failure to accept that which is given, then there must be a way to accept what is given, while not succumbing to further enslavement, thus preserving one's polarity.

At some point I thought I might have found a way, and so I wanted to share it with others. But the challenge I faced- and still face- is how to communicate it. The challenge is that words just won't suffice.

See... I think I know what the difference between acceptance and approval is. Along with other "A" words like awareness, acknowledgement, allowance and agreement. To me, these words have specific meanings and I use them in specific ways.

In my mind, the answer goes something like this: In order to transcend duality, we must accept the darkness and negativity in our experience. But we do not have to approve of it. When I think this thought, something in my heart goes Ding! Ding! Ding!.

Yet I am not Webster, and I didn't invent the English language. So what to do? Shall I give up? Try harder? Go to a cave and meditate until the winter solstice?

So anyway this is my rather long-winded approach to ask the question- does anybody else feel this way? And is there any hope for a solution?
interesting post. yes u can definitely accept what others do without approving of it, it happens all the time. probably the best way to overcome something is to yield to its reality. the dali lama has accepted the fact that china invaded his country but he also resists it. if u allow yourself to feel hatred for the perpetrators then i believe u make yourself vulnerable. but a question for u , lets say someone did something terrible to a child u loved , can u accept that without hating them ? i cant i think i would want to kill them. so perhaps the closer the actions strike home the harder it is to accept what we perceive as evil or negative
Thanks for the reply, Norral!

BTW, I just noticed that I had typed "STO" in a place where I had meant to write "STS", thus unintentionally inverting the meaning of the sentence I had written. Funny how that happens. Dodgy The correct paragraph is:

Quote:At the point where I joined in the discussion, people had been talking about Patton and whether or not he was "STS" or "STO". As I recall, the comment I made was to the point of "Well of course Patton was STS, he made war for a living!" Albeit a bit more dramatically.
Isn't this accomplished at 6 th density , where full and complete integration of polarities happen ?

But this is infinity so everything is forever and not.... so yea
I think that much of the discord on the forum has to do with people are not sure yet of who or what they are, and where they stand. So when someone starts pointing fingers at them, saying stuff like "you are this or that way, or you said this or that", they go into defensive mode, replying "now, you are wrong, I said this and that, and I am not this or that".

I remember that impact of the post you made in that power, community and guidelines thread, and especially one sentence sticked into my mind: "It's not the mods. It's not unity100. It's YOU". I would like to reverse that last sentence and say: "It's not YOU. It's *me*". If I would be perfectly balanced individual, I would not react at people pointing fingers at me, and telling me that I said something which I never did. I would see love. And it's ok. It is all ok. All is well, as Ra used to say it. We are in the learning process, and maybe this discord is just taking us a step closer to the balance, to finding ourselves, and wakening up. To not care anymore about what others think or not think, as we are sure about ourselves, of who we are. My personal opinion is that if people would start looking at themselves instead of finding flaws in others, and what they said, it would speed up the process towards the harmony. But it's ok when it's not so too, as each has it's own way to realize the unity within all. But I really do love your signature.

Thanks for posting, Tenet Nosce. I enjoy your posts. In regards to acceptance and approval, maybe the acceptance and approval that we need to realize from the love/wisdom perspective, is that each has its own way to find and seek what it has to find and seek. Meaning that we can accept and approve that other's path, or opinion, or understandings, is their own unique radiance, and is their own way of seeking the Creator? And each has its own unique radiance? But we are one. Putting faith into that all is well, and that each is an intelligent spark of the Creator, who already knows itself, who already knows its own path. So the only thing that is required perhaps of us, is the radiance as it is known for itself? Or perhaps just our beingness is enough?
(03-13-2012, 02:40 AM)Tenet Nosce Wrote: [ -> ]In my mind, the answer goes something like this: In order to transcend duality, we must accept the darkness and negativity in our experience. But we do not have to approve of it. When I think this thought, something in my heart goes Ding! Ding! Ding!.

Yet I am not Webster, and I didn't invent the English language. So what to do? Shall I give up? Try harder? Go to a cave and meditate until the winter solstice?

So anyway this is my rather long-winded approach to ask the question- does anybody else feel this way? And is there any hope for a solution?

Awesome post TN, and great questions.

This is one I've grappled with as well. How do you accept while saying "no"? How do you love while drawing a boundary? How do you say "yes" and welcome everything into your heart, while not accepting certain actions?

Eckharte Tolle touches on this. He equates "acceptance" with "inner non-resistance". To be in a state of inner non-resistance is to release all mental resistance to what is. It is a a matter of saying "yes" and embracing the suchness of the present moment without reservation. He suggests embracing it in such a way that you feel like you chose whatever is happening in the present moment.

He however he feels that one can be in a state of inner non-resistance to what IS while simultaneously declining something that is not felt to be in the best interest of the self.

What confuses me is why positive entities engaged in this fourth-density thought-battle lose polarity. I don't understand why the positive beings cannot accept the negative beings as the Creator, while saying, "Thanks but no thanks" to the negative entities' attempts to enslave the positive.

Why does that necessarily result in a loss of polarity?

My only working answer so far is that perhaps it is a function of fourth-density understanding. Perhaps with fifth-density understanding, they could draw that boundary, say "no" to the service while saying "yes" to the service-giver, and not lose polarity.

But then again, the attempt is never made on either side in fifth-density, as they posses the wisdom to refrain from battle altogether.
When you post stuff like this, Tenet, I remember why I like you so much, despite our friendly disagreements over those other 'A' words like action, activism, and agriculture. Wink

Seriously, great post! I agree completely!

It has to do with paradox. Remember, Ra came to teach us the resolution of paradox. This tops the list.
(03-15-2012, 02:01 PM)Bring4th_GLB Wrote: [ -> ]This is one I've grappled with as well. How do you accept while saying "no"? How do you love while drawing a boundary? How do you say "yes" and welcome everything into your heart, while not accepting certain actions?

Eckharte Tolle touches on this. He equates "acceptance" with "inner non-resistance". To be in a state of inner non-resistance is to release all mental resistance to what is. It is a a matter of saying "yes" and embracing the suchness of the present moment without reservation. He suggests embracing it in such a way that you feel like you chose whatever is happening in the present moment.

Yes, I think Mr. Tolle has the right idea. However it sometimes seems to be so difficult to put into practice! When I feel a boundary violation occur, I tend to react with anger so quickly- so automatically- that I don't appear to have any time/space to change my thought process.

Quote:My only working answer so far is that perhaps it is a function of fourth-density understanding. Perhaps with fifth-density understanding, they could draw that boundary, say "no" to the service while saying "yes" to the service-giver, and not lose polarity.

Yes, I think you are on the right track with that one. I am reminded of the material from A Course in Miracles which says that all perceived attack is actually a call for service. (Or something like that!) Seems to me as a late 4D perspective..

(03-26-2012, 01:07 PM)Tenet Nosce Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, I think Mr. Tolle has the right idea. However it sometimes seems to be so difficult to put into practice! When I feel a boundary violation occur, I tend to react with anger so quickly- so automatically- that I don't appear to have any time/space to change my thought process.

TN - I appreciate your post. I read it soon after you posted it, and have been giving it some thought.

I would have agreed that you could accept without approval until I read the dictionary definition. Perhaps recognize would be a better choice of words. We can recognize without approval?

Anyway, I wonder if you might give an example of a "boundary violation."

Thank you for your thoughtfulness!

Love and light!
You're more than welcome!

(03-26-2012, 03:34 PM)Ruth Wrote: [ -> ]I would have agreed that you could accept without approval until I read the dictionary definition. Perhaps recognize would be a better choice of words. We can recognize without approval?

Sure, that would work for me as well! Yet sometimes I wonder if the solution is truly beyond words... something which can only be demonstrated. *ponder*

Quote:Anyway, I wonder if you might give an example of a "boundary violation."

Basically, offering service that was unasked for. An example might be negative entities attempting to manipulate a person through temporary holes in their auric field from the use of marijuana or alcohol. A more mundane example would be the offering of unsolicited advice.

Thank you Tenet Nosce.

I ask because I have a "real" life situation that I feel illustrates a "boundary violation. I'm sure I'm supposed to be learning from this situation, but it still confounds me.

I have a neighbor (bless all our neighbors - what a treasure trove of catalyst we all are for each other)! This neighbor is very picky about how his yard looks. He is out almost every day putting down chemicals, mowing, or doing something in his yard. He would like for everyone in the neighborhood to have a yard like his. And I admit, it looks quite beautiful - he even mows those diamond patterns into the grass.

I'm organic. I don't believe that having a yard like his is worth the price of poisioning the Earth, not to mention the fact that we have a very sandy soil here and we all have well water. My yard looks OK, but just that. I do go out and pull, pull, pull the weeds, and have also used a spot torch to burn some of the worst of them (those awful stickers!), but I make a compost tea for feed, and don't mind the clover at all.

The neighbor and I have discussed our conflicting viewpoints many times. In my yard. With him trying to "convince" me how important the quality of the yard is to property values, to being good neighbors etc. Last summer, we had to officially ask Neighbor to respect our property boundaries as he was sneaking over and putting weed killer on our side of the line - actually quite far into our property.

The man is known in the neigborhood as one who trys to intimidate people into getting his own way at their expense.

I have been trying to find a way to repel his negative energy, which is quite strong, and still shed Creator's light on the situation.

Through this situation I can certainly understand what Ra means about losing polarity when doing this sort of thought battle.

I'm not sure if I have adequately explained this scenario, so feel free to ask questions. And I'm not even really sure if this quite fits in with your post. But your post made me think about this situation, so I thought I'd share it and see if anyone has any thoughts on the matter.

Love and light and green clover!
(03-26-2012, 04:48 PM)Ruth Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you Tenet Nosce.

I ask because I have a "real" life situation that I feel illustrates a "boundary violation. I'm sure I'm supposed to be learning from this situation, but it still confounds me.

I have a neighbor (bless all our neighbors - what a treasure trove of catalyst we all are for each other)! This neighbor is very picky about how his yard looks. He is out almost every day putting down chemicals, mowing, or doing something in his yard. He would like for everyone in the neighborhood to have a yard like his. And I admit, it looks quite beautiful - he even mows those diamond patterns into the grass.

I'm organic. I don't believe that having a yard like his is worth the price of poisioning the Earth, not to mention the fact that we have a very sandy soil here and we all have well water. My yard looks OK, but just that. I do go out and pull, pull, pull the weeds, and have also used a spot torch to burn some of the worst of them (those awful stickers!), but I make a compost tea for feed, and don't mind the clover at all.

The neighbor and I have discussed our conflicting viewpoints many times. In my yard. With him trying to "convince" me how important the quality of the yard is to property values, to being good neighbors etc. Last summer, we had to officially ask Neighbor to respect our property boundaries as he was sneaking over and putting weed killer on our side of the line - actually quite far into our property.

The man is known in the neigborhood as one who trys to intimidate people into getting his own way at their expense.

I have been trying to find a way to repel his negative energy, which is quite strong, and still shed Creator's light on the situation.

Through this situation I can certainly understand what Ra means about losing polarity when doing this sort of thought battle.

I'm not sure if I have adequately explained this scenario, so feel free to ask questions. And I'm not even really sure if this quite fits in with your post. But your post made me think about this situation, so I thought I'd share it and see if anyone has any thoughts on the matter.

Ah- thanks for sharing the story, Ruth. Ugh. Personally, I think people who obsess about their lawns are out of their rockers... and no it actually doesn't increase home values very much. Certainly not worth all the time and money that goes into it... not to mention the added destruction to the earth!

Yes- I think that would classify as a "boundary violation" in both a literal and metaphorical sense! This other person seems to think that he knows what you "need" and moreover that he "needs" you to see things his way in order for him to "get what he wants". I -of course- wouldn't want to label this person as "STS" however I can see the similarities there where there is a perceived need to control or manipulate others in order to fulfill one's own desires. And if they don't willingly go along with it, then one feels "justified" in infringing upon their freewill because they think "they know better".

Arrrgh!! I wish I had a good answer for you. Perhaps if you can find some common ground in terms of values- and then see if he is open to seeing how you have shared values yet seek to fulfill them in different ways...?

YIKES! He's putting WEED KILLER in your yard?...Drop off a copy of Silent Spring on his porch...

(03-26-2012, 04:48 PM)Ruth Wrote: [ -> ]I'm organic. I don't believe that having a yard like his is worth the price of poisioning the Earth, not to mention the fact that we have a very sandy soil here and we all have well water. My yard looks OK, but just that. I do go out and pull, pull, pull the weeds, and have also used a spot torch to burn some of the worst of them (those awful stickers!), but I make a compost tea for feed, and don't mind the clover at all.

Horrors!!! I would go ballistic if someone put weed killer on my yard! They have no right to do that!

He may be getting mixed signals when he sees you torching the weeds, so he thinks he's doing you a favor. I never pull up weeds! I harvest them but never try to eradicate them. I am thankful for the weeds! Even the ones that aren't useful, make great compost! Well, on 2nd thought, did you say STICKERS? Um, ok, I would make an exception for stickers! If you mean the hard kind with little needles, than yeah, torch 'em! Sad but if you mean the sticky things that cling to your socks like velcro, those are probably just cleavers, quit harmless and even medicinal.

But still, even if you have actual stickers, what about all the other wonderful weeds? You probably have dandelion, plantain, thistles, wild lettuce, maybe even wild carrot. Do you have any stinging nettles? Oh, I have been trying so hard to get stinging nettles to grow in my yard! This year I've finally been blessed with some nettles - I am thanking the fairies! and wild mustard, and chickweed, and henbit...We are having wild greens feasts!

Here's what I would do (and it doesn't include going ballistic, haha):

I would pay him a visit and explain that my family is organic, and we EAT THE WEEDS. I would brightly, cheerfully say, "Did you know that dandelions have about 20 times more nutrients than lettuce? And they're great for liver disorders! And those thistles - they are way more nutritious than spinach, and quite tasty when you cook the young leaves. That sticky plant over there, cleavers, is great for kidney problems. We use all natural, herbal remedies in our home, and avoid all pesticides. So whenever you spray your yard with pesticides, could you please be verrrrrry careful and not do it on a windy day? I don't want my children/grandchildren getting sick by eating those toxic chemicals."

He won't want to be responsible for your grandkids getting sick, now will he?

3DMonkey

(03-26-2012, 07:33 PM)abstrktion Wrote: [ -> ]

YIKES! He's putting WEED KILLER in your yard?...Drop off a copy of Silent Spring on his porch...

corn meal gluten fertilizes, prevents weeds, and is organic. I think Blush

manure and blankety blank blank are good fertilizers too.

I'm no fan of lawns, but rich soil is Oh, So attractive BigSmile
(03-26-2012, 09:24 PM)3DMonkey Wrote: [ -> ]corn meal gluten fertilizes, prevents weeds, and is organic. I think

Anything that fertilizes any other plant, will fertilize weeds too, so if something claims to be both, it's probably 'Roundup ready' which is the latest Frankenstein plant engineering, thanks to our friendly STS Monsanto cartel. Virtually all yellow corn is tainted with Roundup pesticide. The pesticide is now actually IN the corn, thanks to Monsanto. There is no such thing as organic corn anymore, because even the organic fields have been cross pollinated and thus contaminated. Only the blue and purple corns are actually organic because their genetics are different and they haven't been contaminated due to less cultivation.

[Image: monsantkids_dees.jpg]

3DMonkey

Is that Clooney?
(03-26-2012, 09:49 PM)3DMonkey Wrote: [ -> ]Is that Clooney?

Donald Rumsfeld. Lovely fellow. A decorated Boy Scout who later went on to be a trusted advisor to some of America's finest Presidents, such as Richard Nixon and G.W. Bush. When not warmongering, Donald enjoys poisoning his fellow countrymen through the legalization of aspartame, and GMO farming.

3DMonkey is correct. Corn gluten meal is a pretty good pre-emergent, but as Monica said, it has become impossible to find a non-GMO source for it and so I quit using it a few years ago. If I can't eat them, I pull them or burn them. The ones I pull go into the compost pile.

And yes, the weeds we spot burn are those awful hurting stickers - we call them goat heads - I think the correct name for them is puncturevine weed. They HURT!

I did actually go quite ballistic last year when I caught him sneaking into my yard to dump weed killer. There is absolutely no way he got mixed signals from me. I have been very plain with him about it. I have had conversations with him many times about our being organic, about not poisoning the kids (there are many kids in our neighborhood - 6 total around his house alone) about the welfare of the Earth in general, and especially about our drinking water. He honestly just doesn't care.

It is so unlike me to have bad feelings toward anyone for any reason. But this guy really gets to me. He creeped me out so badly when I first met him that I came straight home and checked the sex offender database (thankfully, he isn't listed). Still, I looked in the mirror and tried to figure out what my problem was. I had him over for dinner, hubby plowed his snow several times. I really tried to be a good neighbor - and have always talked to him about organics when he brought up the subject.

My ongoing problem, though, is with the very negative "vibes" I get from this guy whenever I am out working in the garden or doing my yard work. I realize I can't change him. But neither can I figure out how to change myself so that his energy doesn't bother me. And I try to send him love and light, but when I do, I feel I get a giant backwash of just pure yuck! It is very draining - just as Ra said it is.

Sigh.
(03-27-2012, 12:18 AM)Ruth Wrote: [ -> ]And yes, the weeds we spot burn are those awful hurting stickers - we call them goat heads - I think the correct name for them is puncturevine weed. They HURT!

Yes, those are quite nasty, and difficult to eradicate. They seem to have no redeeming value, as far as I can tell! Sort of like cockroaches.

I capture all other bugs and take them outside - including spiders, bees and wasps - but I confess to squashing cockroaches. They are an infestation, and I think they are populated with STS energies, so they simply have to go. And so it is with stickers. :-/

(03-27-2012, 12:18 AM)Ruth Wrote: [ -> ]I did actually go quite ballistic last year when I caught him sneaking into my yard to dump weed killer. There is absolutely no way he got mixed signals from me. I have been very plain with him about it. I have had conversations with him many times about our being organic, about not poisoning the kids (there are many kids in our neighborhood - 6 total around his house alone) about the welfare of the Earth in general, and especially about our drinking water. He honestly just doesn't care.

Well, what I meant by 'mixed signals' is that, if he is seeing you pulling up weeds, then he might think you want to get rid of weeds. Aside from the stickers, if you are pulling up other weeds, he might think you wish to eradicate ALL weeds. Hence, my suggestion to tell him about how you LOVE weeds!

(03-27-2012, 12:18 AM)Ruth Wrote: [ -> ]It is so unlike me to have bad feelings toward anyone for any reason. But this guy really gets to me. He creeped me out so badly when I first met him that I came straight home and checked the sex offender database (thankfully, he isn't listed). Still, I looked in the mirror and tried to figure out what my problem was. I had him over for dinner, hubby plowed his snow several times. I really tried to be a good neighbor - and have always talked to him about organics when he brought up the subject.

My ongoing problem, though, is with the very negative "vibes" I get from this guy whenever I am out working in the garden or doing my yard work. I realize I can't change him. But neither can I figure out how to change myself so that his energy doesn't bother me. And I try to send him love and light, but when I do, I feel I get a giant backwash of just pure yuck! It is very draining - just as Ra said it is.

I totally understand!! We had a neighbor who was like a black hole, very dense. He had some pit bulls that kept getting loose and killing the neighborhood cats. I kept trying to get him to fix his fence, to no avail. He was belligerent and irrational - a loose cannon!

What helped me was realizing how messed up he was. I prayed for him, felt genuine compassion for him - after all, he was quite ignorant, and not very smart, and obviously messed up emotionally - and I advised my husband to do the same.

After that, he moved away. Smile

Here is a book that helped me tremendously, during this time, with specific techniques for dealing with obnoxious neighbors:

http://www.amazon.com/The-Inner-Guide-Me...342&sr=1-1
Ruth- I think I see what you mean a little bit better now. It can be difficult when somebody like this is right next door. However, overall I get the feeling that, physically speaking, the "light" and the "dark" are right on top of one another.

There is a lore in herbal medicine which says that if something in nature has the potential to harm a human, there is something else in the immediate vicinity which can cure it. In other words, the natural world exists in this sort of balance where if a strong source of light exists in a place, the shadow is also close by, so to speak.

I don't know most of my own neighbors very well at all. I get a good vibe from the people right next to me- we are friendly with each other and will sometimes cut each others' grass, shovel snow, etc. The house behind me is very spartan and quiet. I have never met the guy, but have heard from multiple sources that he is kind of strange. I don't get a good vibe from that place. Across the street from me is an elderly couple- we are cordial but I just feel like he is the sort of man who lives in a totally different era. I don't really know, that could be intuition or I could be completely wrong but that is what it feels like. Another guy just moved in next to him, and he won't even say hello to us...? Every so often other people come by and park in front of the house, sitting there in the car for a while. I think maybe he has a roommate now or something. Anyway "bad vibe" over there.

Then, just the other day an altercation broke out a few houses down. One of my neighbors punched a guy in the face, and he went down pretty hard. Knocked him unconscious for a couple of minutes, and he also lost a fair amount of blood before he got bandaged up. My neighbor claims it was in self-defense... I have no reason not to believe him but still he is clearly the sort of person who has a somewhat violent nature.

Point being... there are all these "negative vibes" all around me. Yet I don't focus too much on that, or it would give me the heebie-jeebies. Whether real or perceived, the best thing I can do about those negative vibes "out there" is just to radiate light the best I can from here in my little home and trust that is service enough.

What if- for the moment- the best thing you could do for your neighbor was nothing at all? The man clearly has a tenuous connection to greater reality if his is really that concerned over how your lawn is impacting his home value. Sounds like you are barely on the same timeline...
(03-27-2012, 01:34 AM)Tenet Nosce Wrote: [ -> ]Sounds like you are barely on the same timeline...

We can change timelines, methinks.

3DMonkey

If he's creepy, then he's creepy. Release the energy by going out and buying his favorite chemical and dump it all over his yard like a crazy woman. He won't know what hit him. BigSmile
I have a couple of "shaman" friends, both have advised me to just put up a sort of "energy reflector" and reflect his energy back to him. I have not felt that to be the right approach. But rather, to summarize what you guys have said, I try to just allow Creator's love to shine and neighbor can do with it as he will.

I try not to focus on his negative vibes, but whenever I go out to the garden he comes out and "works" as close to our property line as possible. I usually say hello to him - he doesn't respond - and then go about my business of gardening and radiating. It is at those times when I really "get" what Ra was saying about the negative vs positive.

3DMonkey - will you come help me with the fertilizer bags?
(03-27-2012, 10:44 AM)Ruth Wrote: [ -> ]I have a couple of "shaman" friends, both have advised me to just put up a sort of "energy reflector" and reflect his energy back to him. I have not felt that to be the right approach. But rather, to summarize what you guys have said, I try to just allow Creator's love to shine and neighbor can do with it as he will.

I try not to focus on his negative vibes, but whenever I go out to the garden he comes out and "works" as close to our property line as possible. I usually say hello to him - he doesn't respond - and then go about my business of gardening and radiating. It is at those times when I really "get" what Ra was saying about the negative vs positive.

3DMonkey - will you come help me with the fertilizer bags?

Ruth I think it may work...I have been seeing the effects of energetic shielding lately....because the 4D light is getting more intense, I think energetic shielding is having stronger effects. Try it, you might surprise yourself. I usually call for the assistance of disincarnate friends to help.

Do you have any suggestions for shielding without reflecting back the negative energy? That's where I get stuck. I just don't like the idea of doing anything intentionally to reflect negative energy. It feels wrong to me.

I did make a mix of crushed selenite and sea salt and sprinkled it along our mutual property line with the intent of protecting everything on this side of the line. That did seem to help a tiny bit, so maybe I just need to do it again.
(03-27-2012, 10:54 AM)Ruth Wrote: [ -> ]Do you have any suggestions for shielding without reflecting back the negative energy? That's where I get stuck. I just don't like the idea of doing anything intentionally to reflect negative energy. It feels wrong to me.

I did make a mix of crushed selenite and sea salt and sprinkled it along our mutual property line with the intent of protecting everything on this side of the line. That did seem to help a tiny bit, so maybe I just need to do it again.

Oh yes, I haven't done so with the intention to reflect back, more just to strengthen my light, and create a energetic boundary that does not allow the negativity into that space. I think that is great...the ritual of salt and stone just makes the intention tangible, but I don't think it is necessary.... those kind of rituals are good because they give you tangible elements that solidify the intention.

(03-27-2012, 11:01 AM)Shemaya Wrote: [ -> ]Oh yes, I haven't done so with the intention to reflect back, more just to strengthen my light, and create a energetic boundary that does not allow the negativity into that space. I think that is great...the ritual of salt and stone just makes the intention tangible, but I don't think it is necessary.... those kind of rituals are good because they give you tangible elements that solidify the intention.

Thank you! I really appreciate the feedback. I have never used any of those "tangible elements" or rituals or anything like that until fairly recently. I've always just been a visualize and "pray" kind of girl. But having rituals and using "tools" has helped me, as you said, solidify my intention.

Love and light!
Love and light!
Love and light!

A couple of examples:

I was interacting with someone who has pretty strong indigo energy, I knew he was able to read my energy, and I didn't want him to. So when I felt him "reading" me , I just simply said inwardly "No, you are are not given permission to read my energy field, I am creating a boundary and you are not welcome in it. Please stop" As soon as I did that, I felt him leave. He was someone who respects those kinds of boundaries.

Another time I felt a negative greeting, something was deliberately draining my energy, and I felt myself getting really weak physically.. I called on Michael, the archangel, for assistance to help create a shield, just visualizing the shield/ boundary with my Spirit friends and helpers supporting and helping, adding their energy to the shield. I felt my energy return to me....I can't say exactly what happened, but it seemed to work, whatever had been draining me stopped.
Pages: 1 2