Bring4th

Full Version: Initiation of the Body
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Any thoughts on what understanding and controlling the body with detachment means?

Quote:3.16 Questioner: Does the shape of the pyramid have a function in the initiation process?

Ra: This is a large question. We feel that we shall begin and ask you to re-evaluate and ask further at a later session, this somewhat, shall we say, informative point.

To begin. There are two main functions of the pyramid in relation to the initiatory procedures. One has to do with the body. Before the body can be initiated, the mind must be initiated. This is the point at which most adepts of your present cycle find their mind/body/spirit complexes distorted from. When the character and personality that is the true identity of the mind has been discovered, the body then must be known in each and every way. Thus, the various functions of the body need understanding and control with detachment. The first use of the pyramid, then, is the going down into the pyramid for purposes of deprivation of sensory input so that the body may, in a sense, be dead and another life begin.
I don't consider this to be deep wisdom, just what came up from reading the Ra quote.

Meditation has been described many ways. One that I like is that it's allowing the mental noise to fade away until you have a good possibility of receiving information from a good source, whether the higher self or even greater.

The pyramid practice seems like a similar yet much greater step: turning off sensory input to allow the mind+body to make a kind of system reset. Not to imply that it's like turning a switch; I expect it takes a lot of intent, time and patience.

Shin'Ar

two main functions of pyramid in relation to initiates:

1. Initiating the mind first. In order to accomplish this there must be detachment from the body to understand the complex.

However this quote leaves out the second function and I cannot say what that may have been without being able to read it in the material.

But is not intriguing that the Ra number of the verse corrolates with the famous Biblical verse of John 3:16 which speak sof the sacrificing of the body to acquire eternal life?

Without looking to see what the following veerses in the Ra material are saying on the matter and what the second function might be according to that, i will venture to guess that it may have something to do with why the pyramids were actually constructed and what their actual purpose was.

It is taught by the Anceints that they served to alter the vibrations of the people who lived near them to bring them into a more harmonious frequency thereby not only affecting each other but also affecting the very landscape and environment around them.

Hellooo? McFlyyy? Tongue It says above that the first function is initiation of the mind, and the second, initiation of the body. According to the material, the pyramids were used to create an experience where the true self is confronted. It was their hope that they would become "purified channels", so that initiates could contact the infinite and become teachers themselves.
Your body is a result of your mind in the sense that our thoughts about ourselves shape it, our beliefs direct it, and traumas/tensions get stored in it. This makes the body something we are not. We also can take on others' energies.

When the body is cleared of these things with body work, inner work, releasing, inner child work, etc., then we might say the body has become what it was meant to be originally without the distortions of what the mind and environment (and interpretation of the environment) have made it into. It needs to be done with detachment because any attachment will hold in some way what one is trying to release.
How does detachment from the body help one know the body? Sounds like the attachment to the body serves as a block on information from the body.
(03-17-2012, 12:01 AM)kycahi Wrote: [ -> ]The pyramid practice seems like a similar yet much greater step: turning off sensory input to allow the mind+body to make a kind of system reset. Not to imply that it's like turning a switch; I expect it takes a lot of intent, time and patience.

Perhaps then it's related to energy work, and being able to use the body to sense and develop inner vision. Because it was also said that in the pyramids, a highly-trained initiate was required to use a crystal to aid in determining and balancing blockages. I can generally feel my chakras, but only once was the sensation amplified where I could feel pain develop when I concentrated on negative emotions.

Now that you mention it, there's this..

Quote:The second area of learn/teaching is the study/understanding of the body complexes. It is necessary to know your body well. This is a matter of using the mind to examine how the feelings, the biases, what you would call the emotions, affect various portions of the body complex. It shall be necessary to both understand the bodily polarities and to accept them, repeating in a chemical/physical manifestation the work you have done upon the mind bethinking the consciousness.

The body is a creature of the mind’s creation. It has its biases. The biological bias must be first completely understood and then the opposite bias allowed to find full expression in understanding. Again, the process of acceptance of the body as a balanced, as well as polarized, individual may then be accomplished. It is then the task to extend this understanding to the bodies of the other-selves whom you will meet.

The simplest example of this is the understanding that each biological male is female; each biological female is male. This is a simple example. However, in almost every case wherein you are attempting the understanding of the body of self or other-self, you will again find that the most subtle discernment is necessary in order to fully grasp the polarity complexes involved.

I have theorized before that when Ra speaks of the body complex, they aren't necessarily referring to your own body. In the above that seems to be the case. If work in consciousness requires that we reflect on and accept all outwardly projected personalities, then that must mean we are to reflect on the physical attributes of others also, how that affects our consciousness, and then balance that.

Examples would be:

- Do you immediately make judgements based on looks? "He looks shady."
- Are you more willing to attempt to connect with someone who is "beautiful"? In other words, they are worth your attention.
- Do you disregard those who are not?
- Are you able to look past the illusory body and see the beauty?
One thing I've noticed is the body does provide feedback on its condition, but this is often ignored. For example, very minor discomfort due to poor posture. If concern is raised, one can be constantly mindful of one's posture for correction. However, there is a disconnect with that relationship and it's a bit like babysitting oneself. Even if eventually this corrective behavior became a habit, it would seem to be from limited awareness. If the body was truly 'known', would there be a more 'automatic' correction?
(03-17-2012, 11:21 AM)Diana Wrote: [ -> ]Your body is a result of your mind in the sense that our thoughts about ourselves shape it, our beliefs direct it, and traumas/tensions get stored in it. This makes the body something we are not. We also can take on others' energies.

When the body is cleared of these things with body work, inner work, releasing, inner child work, etc., then we might say the body has become what it was meant to be originally without the distortions of what the mind and environment (and interpretation of the environment) have made it into. It needs to be done with detachment because any attachment will hold in some way what one is trying to release.

That makes sense. I figured as much, but sometimes it seems that Ra is giving advanced advice but many are already past such exercises, so it can be easy to read too far into some of the statements.
(03-17-2012, 11:42 AM)zenmaster Wrote: [ -> ]One thing I've noticed is the body does provide feedback on its condition, but this is often ignored. For example, very minor discomfort due to poor posture. If concern is raised, one can be constantly mindful of one's posture for correction. However, there is a disconnect with that relationship and it's a bit like babysitting oneself. Even if eventually this corrective behavior became a habit, it would seem to be from limited awareness. If the body was truly 'known', would there be a more 'automatic' correction?

It could be that negative thought towards others also manifests conditions in the body of the self and others. We know that causes cancer. But also, the life-span decreased the more separative the mind of the collective became. So the ability of the body to retain health deteriorated.

Also, in the coming years this could be how thought manifests. Separative thinking may be more directly experienced with the body as a receptor.
(03-17-2012, 11:36 AM)Icaro Wrote: [ -> ]If work in consciousness requires that we reflect on and accept all outwardly projected personalities, then that must mean we are to reflect on the physical attributes of others also, how that affects our consciousness, and then balance that.

Examples would be:

- Do you immediately make judgements based on looks? "He looks shady."
- Are you more willing to attempt to connect with someone who is "beautiful"? In other words, they are worth your attention.
- Do you disregard those who are not?
- Are you able to look past the illusory body and see the beauty?
These questions may have some relevance to knowing the body, but why would not each of these examples already have been fully addressed in the (prerequisite) mind exercise related to understanding the personality? These are all related to superficial judgments on appearances which is a reflection of mind bias. I think Ra was talking about something deeper, related to the function of the body itself.

(03-17-2012, 11:47 AM)Icaro Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-17-2012, 11:42 AM)zenmaster Wrote: [ -> ]One thing I've noticed is the body does provide feedback on its condition, but this is often ignored. For example, very minor discomfort due to poor posture. If concern is raised, one can be constantly mindful of one's posture for correction. However, there is a disconnect with that relationship and it's a bit like babysitting oneself. Even if eventually this corrective behavior became a habit, it would seem to be from limited awareness. If the body was truly 'known', would there be a more 'automatic' correction?

It could be that negative thought towards others also manifests conditions in the body of the self and others. We know that causes cancer. But also, the life-span decreased the more separative the mind of the collective became. So the ability of the body to retain health deteriorated.

Also, in the coming years this could be how thought manifests. Separative thinking may be more directly experienced with the body as a receptor.
But the body functions as a receptor in this manner only for unprocessed catalyst (unconsciously). What generally causes the diseases is simply ignoring feedback, which would otherwise serve to balance, while one's life (body/mind) entropy continues to build. Carl Jung actually observed the (hazardous) effects of ignoring catalyst as well and wrote about it many times.
Quote: . I think Ra was talking about something deeper, related to the function of the body itself.
I keep thinking about our ego overcoming the autonomous body intelligence. Kind of like it can have negative effects similar to refusing catalyst.
I guess it is the same thing LoL.
(03-17-2012, 12:03 PM)zenmaster Wrote: [ -> ]These questions may have some relevance to knowing the body, but why would not each of these examples already have been fully addressed in the (prerequisite) mind exercise related to understanding the personality? These are all related to superficial judgments on appearances which is a reflection of mind bias. I think Ra was talking about something deeper, related to the function of the body itself.

Superficial judgements would be addressed in balancing the mind, but I was suggesting that perhaps we don't fully appreciate or understand the body of others, and how that may effect consciousness. I don't know really.

Quote:But the body functions as a receptor in this manner only for unprocessed catalyst (unconsciously). What generally causes the diseases is simply ignoring feedback, which would otherwise serve to balance, while one's life (body/mind) entropy continues to build. Carl Jung actually observed the (hazardous) effects of ignoring catalyst as well and wrote about it many times.

I agree, but additionally if we're moving into a reality where more is revealed, interaction with the body may become much more pronounced and catalyst would be more directly experienced and immediately known in the physical sense.

Thought is going to carry much more weight. So for instance, a rejected opportunity for acceptance may literally induce pain/discomfort/weariness in the body. This would seem to be a fool-proof system for the harvest. You would either be able to process the catalyst coming at you and not feel discomfort as the dial is turned up, or there is simply some kind of resignation or retreat.

And the antithesis of this, the negative polarity would absorb and derive pleasure from the pain of others as it's projected onto others..it's their picnic.
(03-17-2012, 12:31 PM)Pickle Wrote: [ -> ]I keep thinking about our ego overcoming the autonomous body intelligence. Kind of like it can have negative effects similar to refusing catalyst.

I'm not unhealthy, but I am feeling the pull to respect my body more. I'm going to focus more on my diet especially.
(03-17-2012, 12:35 PM)Icaro Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-17-2012, 12:03 PM)zenmaster Wrote: [ -> ]These questions may have some relevance to knowing the body, but why would not each of these examples already have been fully addressed in the (prerequisite) mind exercise related to understanding the personality? These are all related to superficial judgments on appearances which is a reflection of mind bias. I think Ra was talking about something deeper, related to the function of the body itself.

Superficial judgements would be addressed in balancing the mind, but I was suggesting that perhaps we don't fully appreciate or understand the body of others, and how that may effect consciousness. I don't know really.
I'm thinking more about knowing the body from the standpoint of archetypal functionality, where the dualities can be revealed in an 'instantiated' form. Just like the 'body' of the physical universe (with it's 'laws' reflected in observation and experiment).

(03-17-2012, 12:35 PM)Icaro Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:But the body functions as a receptor in this manner only for unprocessed catalyst (unconsciously). What generally causes the diseases is simply ignoring feedback, which would otherwise serve to balance, while one's life (body/mind) entropy continues to build. Carl Jung actually observed the (hazardous) effects of ignoring catalyst as well and wrote about it many times.

I agree, but additionally if we're moving into a reality where more is revealed, interaction with the body may become much more pronounced and catalyst would be more directly experienced and immediately known in the physical sense.

Thought is going to carry much more weight. So for instance, a rejected opportunity for acceptance may literally induce pain/discomfort/weariness in the body. This would seem to be a fool-proof system for the harvest. You would either be able to process the catalyst coming at you and not feel discomfort as the dial is turned up, or there is simply some kind of resignation or retreat.

And the antithesis of this, the negative polarity would absorb and derive pleasure from the pain of others as it's projected onto others..it's their picnic.
I agree with this. The more pronounced catalyst would also be easier to identify (and therefore to process or balance) without the body eventually reflecting the missed opportunities.

As I've said before about the 'green-ray' energies, I can see a scenario where, due to insufficient acceptance, in the face of such pronounced (more demanding/overwhelming catalyst) people are compelled to project more readily. However, also, subconsciously the projecting person might eventually suspect there was an internal cause and then begin to address that, which should promote polarization. Interestingly, all 'anger' is merely due to some failed projection.

(03-17-2012, 12:35 PM)Icaro Wrote: [ -> ]This would seem to be a fool-proof system for the harvest. You would either be able to process the catalyst coming at you and not feel discomfort as the dial is turned up, or there is simply some kind of resignation or retreat.
The retreat is a regression which has already been identified in the study of the vMemes. When faced with crises, it is a natural, unconscious function to withdraw to a 'lower' level of functionality which has sufficient balance. Here, at this time, for many this would be into 'orange ray' (as Ra said). The vast majority are currently balancing 'yellow ray'.

(03-17-2012, 01:12 PM)zenmaster Wrote: [ -> ]I'm thinking more about knowing the body from the standpoint of archetypal functionality, where the dualities can be revealed in an 'instantiated' form. Just like the 'body' of the physical universe (with it's 'laws' reflected in observation and experiment).

Could you give an example of what you mean?

Quote:As I've said before about the 'green-ray' energies, I can see a scenario where, due to insufficient acceptance, in the face of such pronounced (more demanding/overwhelming catalyst) people are compelled to project more readily. However, also, subconsciously the projecting person might eventually suspect there was an internal cause and then begin to address that, which should promote polarization. Interestingly, all 'anger' is merely due to some failed projection.

Further down the road, separative thinking/pronounced judgements may cause disharmony in the immediate environment of those you're interacting with also..not just the self. All of this would necessitate that minds learn to harmonize, with love/acceptance becoming the predominant thought pattern.

Quote:The retreat is a regression which has already been identified in the study of the vMemes. When faced with crises, it is a natural, unconscious function to withdraw to a 'lower' level of functionality which has sufficient balance. Here, at this time, for many this would be into 'orange ray' (as Ra said). The vast majority are currently balancing 'yellow ray'.

Yeah, that's what I was referring to. It's almost as if a choice has been made, and the possibility of moving upwards could only come through significant revelation. But that requires a lot of work on the self.

Cyan

My VIEW which is not necceserily my reality is as follows.

STS is the being that is observed

STO is the being that observers

6th D is the understanding that both are one.

8th is the jumping to another octave.

8th is also 1st from a new point of view

so.

when you go to the 8th you are given a new sense as appropriate, or a new adventure as all previous choices have been made.

NEw adventure is the thing you most desire next as the thing you are now is precicely who you were meant to be now. So, there is no seam between this life and that life and at the moment of "death" you only accept the illusionary nature of all.

And therefore, gain a new surface "who are these creatures that oversee how others view this illusionary nature of reality"

Because, if everything is in aillusion since all is one the most energy efficient way is not to change the entire world around you, but only your perception of the world around you.

One day, your best friend might walk up to you and say "hi, you were a program, a simple script so to say, and you live in this infinitely expanding world of fractals around you, we want to see how you react and what you create, because for us the only reason for existence is new things"

And then you realise that its not that you move from the 3rd to the 4th, but your understanding of your environment graduates you to the point where in your world view other people can actually already be your guides/mirror selves, but only talking to you honestly and on the level you find most appropriate. When you choose to lead your life towards death they progressively come closer and offer new ways to view the whole so as your program could be saved.

So, from your perspective, one day all your friends welcome you to the next level.

Just how stubborn you are is how long it takes for you to admit that there is a level just paraller (different attentionspan/wavelength/focus) to yours and you never even noticed it.

That is what i believe happens.

After that what you need is many psyches isntead of one to control your world, and you can choose who you delegate which controls to and how.

Eventually you must know that both your and your friends psyche is one and in that god state is bliss, and stay detached from it, just as from everything else. You are in your body now but you knwo that your body is a full illusion since it has to do with wavelength so you have to be partially detatched from reality at all times or one of the patterns of thought crystallises rapidly and you quickly forget your personal experience that all is relative.

So. Detatchemnt from the ego, in my opinion, is understanding that the abslute truth is that all is one, everythign else, including your existence, is based on some form of obsfucation of that truth. Turning towards the truth is turning against the ego, and the only way to do that is to dissociate from it. "accept that it is nto all that is, but is, indeed, relative"

edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwT9G6t-SKI Fits with the post in more ways than one Smile
(03-17-2012, 09:30 PM)Icaro Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-17-2012, 01:12 PM)zenmaster Wrote: [ -> ]I'm thinking more about knowing the body from the standpoint of archetypal functionality, where the dualities can be revealed in an 'instantiated' form. Just like the 'body' of the physical universe (with it's 'laws' reflected in observation and experiment).

Could you give an example of what you mean?

They way I see it, each density may have a 'body' principle. This is the space/time (local) component of the 'mind' principle (time/space) nonlocal. In 1st density, this 'body' is nothing else than what we refer to as 'space'. But space doesn't exist, or it can't be made distinct, without 'time'. As Alexander said, "time is the 'mind' of space". (As the RS explains, motion of space and time is what results in manifestation.) And as we move up in complexity to 2D 'vibrations', this 'mind' is basically the biological life principle - with 2D space being what forms the local biological body.

So through a 3D body, we have the necessary complexity available to reflect back to the mind, from 'a chemical/physical manifestation', what 'self-awareness' means (how it may function) 'from dense to fine'. The manifestation of the form necessarily reveals the function, but only if subjected to evaluation.

"In the streamings reaching your planet at this time, these understandings and disciplines have to do with the balance between love and wisdom in the use of the body in its natural functions."

"The potentiator of the body complex, then, may be called Wisdom for it is only through judgment that the unceasing activities and proclivities of the body complex may be experienced in useful modes."

"The Matrix of the Body may be seen to be a reflection in opposites of the mind; that is, unrestricted motion. The Potentiator of the Body then is that which, being informed, regulates activity."

That judgment is the rational evaluation of one's own 'microcosm'. In other words, when Ra says 'It is necessary to know your body well.' and 'the body then must be known in each and every way'. And it does seem that as we go beyond instinctual understanding of the body, that information is integrated and made available to the potentiator - as 'a way' things may be.
Quote:As I've said before about the 'green-ray' energies, I can see a scenario where, due to insufficient acceptance, in the face of such pronounced (more demanding/overwhelming catalyst) people are compelled to project more readily. However, also, subconsciously the projecting person might eventually suspect there was an internal cause and then begin to address that, which should promote polarization. Interestingly, all 'anger' is merely due to some failed projection.

Further down the road, separative thinking/pronounced judgements may cause disharmony in the immediate environment of those you're interacting with also..not just the self. All of this would necessitate that minds learn to harmonize, with love/acceptance becoming the predominant thought pattern.
I agree with this. Years ago I envisioned a similar process where people might begin to retreat into 'their own world', due to lack of acceptance. That's the separation. But at the same time, as you said, there is a similar opportunity for even more harmony which seems to be the other side of the coin.

Quote:The retreat is a regression which has already been identified in the study of the vMemes. When faced with crises, it is a natural, unconscious function to withdraw to a 'lower' level of functionality which has sufficient balance. Here, at this time, for many this would be into 'orange ray' (as Ra said). The vast majority are currently balancing 'yellow ray'.

Yeah, that's what I was referring to. It's almost as if a choice has been made, and the possibility of moving upwards could only come through significant revelation. But that requires a lot of work on the self.
We have the metaphor of the light (but since all is light it isn't really a metaphor) which always requires sufficient 'purity' to endure or to appreciate. Regarding the choice: "The orientation develops due to analysis of desire. These desires become more and more distorted towards conscious application of love/light as the entity furnishes itself with distilled experience."

Shin'Ar

Cyan,

Does this mean that you think that this is the only life you will experience?

You do not believe that the consciousness is reincarnated?

Cyan

(03-18-2012, 12:25 PM)ShinAr Wrote: [ -> ]Cyan,

Does this mean that you think that this is the only life you will experience?

You do not believe that the consciousness is reincarnated?

I mean that it is quite likely tha tis the first life in a very very long line of reincarnations after which i will remember all previous incarnations. So, first state 4d?

Shin'Ar

Not trying be critical Cyan, just trying to get an idea of where your thinking is at. bear with me if you don't mind.

So if I understand you, you think that this identity that you are right now is the first time you have been incarnated? You do not think you have lived any past lives?

Cyan

(03-18-2012, 02:16 PM)ShinAr Wrote: [ -> ]Not trying be critical Cyan, just trying to get an idea of where your thinking is at. bear with me if you don't mind.

So if I understand you, you think that this identity that you are right now is the first time you have been incarnated? You do not think you have lived any past lives?

I dont know. =)

Shin'Ar

(03-18-2012, 02:44 PM)Cyan Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-18-2012, 02:16 PM)ShinAr Wrote: [ -> ]Not trying be critical Cyan, just trying to get an idea of where your thinking is at. bear with me if you don't mind.

I dont know. =)

May I say that it seems that you are still attached to the right hand path teachings of the patriarchal which teaches that in death one moves on to a heavenly state of awareness.

i say this because in your post you eluded to your family and freinds welcoming you into the next life.

The problem here depends on what you believe. And if you believe that there is only one life and then heaven, than what you say could be true. But if you believe that the consciousness evolves through a long process of reincarnation, than that list of family and friends is going to be extremely vast, and if they all know you through different incarnations, how will they know you?

these are the considerations that must be rationalized in this upgrading of your thought process.
(03-18-2012, 06:57 AM)Cyan Wrote: [ -> ]And then you realise that its not that you move from the 3rd to the 4th, but your understanding of your environment graduates you to the point where in your world view other people can actually already be your guides/mirror selves, but only talking to you honestly and on the level you find most appropriate. When you choose to lead your life towards death they progressively come closer and offer new ways to view the whole so as your program could be saved.

Your idea has congruency with respect to the progression through the sub-densities that Ra speaks about. I do sometimes wonder if things will be revealed simply when we're ready for it, or become capable. That the external transformations are waiting so to speak.
(03-18-2012, 11:28 AM)zenmaster Wrote: [ -> ]That judgment is the rational evaluation of one's own 'microcosm'. In other words, when Ra says 'It is necessary to know your body well.' and 'the body then must be known in each and every way'. And it does seem that as we go beyond instinctual understanding of the body, that information is integrated and made available to the potentiator - as 'a way' things may be.

So basically, this goes back to all other selves essentially representing one body as a means of self-reflection.

My latest conclusion is that our very being, and what we do physically with the body in its motions becomes a sacramental act..always serving a high purpose. That doesn't mean we have to walk around like monks blessing and being aware of every moment, but to be highly conscious of our interactions, and devotion towards living more holistically with respect to each other and the environment.

Congruent motion would also seem necessary to synchronize with other minds, as our movements turn into a more purified and harmonious rhythm.
(03-17-2012, 01:12 PM)zenmaster Wrote: [ -> ]...
(03-17-2012, 12:35 PM)Icaro Wrote: [ -> ]This would seem to be a fool-proof system for the harvest. You would either be able to process the catalyst coming at you and not feel discomfort as the dial is turned up, or there is simply some kind of resignation or retreat.
The retreat is a regression which has already been identified in the study of the vMemes. When faced with crises, it is a natural, unconscious function to withdraw to a 'lower' level of functionality which has sufficient balance. Here, at this time, for many this would be into 'orange ray' (as Ra said). The vast majority are currently balancing 'yellow ray'.

This is very insightful ! Smile

3DMonkey

(03-19-2012, 01:22 PM)Valtor Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-17-2012, 01:12 PM)zenmaster Wrote: [ -> ]...

This is very insightful ! Smile

I agree. It is third density, and this is what every incarnate in third density is/has/will deal with. Using all colors in balancing is for the yellow ray. :O :idea: "say what?!"

(03-16-2012, 10:30 PM)Icaro Wrote: [ -> ]Any thoughts on what understanding and controlling the body with detachment means?

Quote:3.16 Questioner: Does the shape of the pyramid have a function in the initiation process?

Ra: This is a large question. We feel that we shall begin and ask you to re-evaluate and ask further at a later session, this somewhat, shall we say, informative point.

To begin. There are two main functions of the pyramid in relation to the initiatory procedures. One has to do with the body. Before the body can be initiated, the mind must be initiated. This is the point at which most adepts of your present cycle find their mind/body/spirit complexes distorted from. When the character and personality that is the true identity of the mind has been discovered, the body then must be known in each and every way. Thus, the various functions of the body need understanding and control with detachment. The first use of the pyramid, then, is the going down into the pyramid for purposes of deprivation of sensory input so that the body may, in a sense, be dead and another life begin.

Hey Icaro,

Don't know if this is helpful, but here it is anyway:

Q'uo Wrote:The shaman, whatever his nationality or culture, is basically that entity who chooses to go through the death experience while remaining alive.

Those of Ra spoke of the shamans of the time of Egypt, who used the pyramid to go down under the pyramid into that catafalque-like place where sensations were numbed and an entity was closed up from all incoming experience, thus mimicking the death process. After days spent within that tomblike place under the pyramid, the experience of death had been well met and the entity was then able to observe life with a delight and an appetite that would not have been available to the one who had not experienced that death of the senses, the death of sensation, the death of stimulation, shall we say.

The great vigor available to the shaman comes from that entirely organic and spontaneous delight which one who has been dead takes in life, after experiencing the deprivation of the dark night of the soul. Whether by the vision quest or by the steam and the heat of a sweat lodge, or by any of those transformative experiences that can be found throughout the various cultures of your planet, there is the completely novel experience of new life, new growth, new hope, and new beingness.

With each transformation there is more of an appreciation for the gift of awareness and an ever more transparent ability to allow things to move through one. One becomes a radiant being, not because one has more light within the self, but because one is more able to allow light to move through the energy body and out into the world. It is not that one becomes a more powerful ego, but that one has allowed to drop away from the self many things which were either blocking or dimming the light which moves through each entity within creation.

http://www.llresearch.org/transcripts/is..._0112.aspx

Shin'Ar

Does anyone ever see the metaphors or understand the symbols?

Do any of you think that some of these rituals and teachings might be metaphorical and designed for a teaching that is something different than the experiencing of death.

It seems that when some people speak of these rituals all they have in mind is deathy, death and more death.
In the above quotes, i.e. both that of Ra and Q'uo, the death which is spoken of is not literal as in actual death of your chemical body which you need for this space/time incarnation as a vehicle.

Ra Wrote:purposes of deprivation of sensory input so that the body may, in a sense, be dead and another life begin.

Q'uo Wrote:that entity who chooses to go through the death experience while remaining alive.../.../...thus mimicking the death process
(03-25-2012, 09:15 AM)ShinAr Wrote: [ -> ]Does anyone ever see the metaphors or understand the symbols?

Do any of you think that some of these rituals and teachings might be metaphorical and designed for a teaching that is something different than the experiencing of death.

It seems that when some people speak of these rituals all they have in mind is deathy, death and more death.

My friend, have you ever studied the science of Near-Death Experiences (NDEs) ?

If not, I believe you may find closure from this angle.

Here is a very good website on the subject: http://www.near-death.com/

Incidentally, this is where my true awakening actually started last year. Before launching me into studying other material. Smile

Without having first studied NDEs, my understanding of the rest would have been greatly distorted since I was a very scientific person.

Shin'Ar

(03-25-2012, 09:54 AM)Ankh Wrote: [ -> ]In the above quotes, i.e. both that of Ra and Q'uo, the death which is spoken of is not literal as in actual death of your chemical body which you need for this space/time incarnation as a vehicle.

Ra Wrote:purposes of deprivation of sensory input so that the body may, in a sense, be dead and another life begin.

Q'uo Wrote:that entity who chooses to go through the death experience while remaining alive.../.../...thus mimicking the death process

I realize that which is why I suggested that many tend to be unaware of that which causes them to focus on death more than they focus on life.
(03-25-2012, 10:06 AM)Valtor Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-25-2012, 09:15 AM)ShinAr Wrote: [ -> ]Does anyone ever see the metaphors or understand the symbols?

My friend, have you ever studied the science of Near-Death Experiences (NDEs) ?

If not, I believe you may find closure from this angle.

Here is a very good website on the subject: http://www.near-death.com/

Incidentally, this is where my true awakening actually started last year. Before launching me into studying other material. Smile

Without having first studied NDEs, my understanding of the rest would have been greatly distorted since I was a very scientific person.

Closure? With regard to what?

And I am unsure how a fascination with NDE has any revelance to my point that far too many people get focussed on death, black magic, evil, darkness and such and use the ancient metaphors as their launching pads.
Pages: 1 2