Bring4th

Full Version: DEALING with PAIN (+ learning the light touch)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Don asks a question about the unmanifested Self (the self when alone), and Ra decides to give a Lesson in PAIN.

- -
here is the Question:

Quote:34.6 Questioner: Thank you. Can you give me examples of catalytic action from the last session beginning with the self unmanifested producing learning catalyst?

- -

Ra talks about PAIN:

and Ra decides to wax lyrical about Physical PAIN (what most of understand as 'pain), then mental/emotional PAIN (which seems to be more common according to Ra - depression? anxiety?), and then Spiritual PAIN (which is rare, and is the longing for spirit? enlightenment?)

Quote:Ra: I am Ra. We observed your interest in the catalyst of pain. This experience is most common among your entities. The pain may be of the physical complex. More often it is of the mental and emotional complex. In some few cases the pain is spiritual in complex-nature.

- -

and then Ra says that PAIN offers an opportunity for Learning. One of the lessons to be learnt (possibly) is the 'light touch'. I like this. This is the individual who is gracious under very trying circumstances. And when the experience is over, they carry over this 'joyous knowing' into the rest of their life. That have a sense of gratitude to be 'pain free'. They appreciate things much much more.

the lessons of pain

Quote:The lessons to be learned vary. Almost always these lessons include patience, tolerance, and the ability for the light touch.

- -

but sometimes things go bad, and backfire. But the Creator will supply more Catalyst to help you (hopefully):

Quote:Very often the catalyst for emotional pain, whether it be the death of the physical complex of one other-self which is loved or other seeming loss, will simply result in the opposite, in a bitterness and impatience, a souring. This is catalyst which has gone awry. In these cases then there will be additional catalyst provided to offer the unmanifested self further opportunities for discovering the self as all-sufficient Creator containing all that there is and full of joy.

- -

stay light, stay joyful.

Smile Always Tongue

sounds like the further catalyst will further make bitter.
I've dealt with all 3 kinds of PAIN - physical, mental, and spiritual. And I am pretty sure that the spiritual pain hurt the most. This was before I discovered I was a Wanderer, and felt so lost as a spiritual seeker.

that total sense of DISORIENTATION.

it just kills.
meh, all pain has its suckiness.
I know that writing my book is causing me some mental/emotional pain. I've just got so far to go in it.
don't go too far with it.
Optimism.

If we know that perception has a lot to do with preparation of creation, we can change our perception.

Ra mentions somewhere that a real healer needs to be an "optimist".

yes cuz a healer needs to see you as already healed. there's a chanty hospital.
I've wondered what constitutes "spiritual" pain. What causes it, how it manifests, how it's perceived, and how it's healed.

I've never encountered information that sheds light on pain of this nature. My own thoughts are few and vague.

Any one have any ideas?

Plenum, one aspect of the "light touch", to me, is the ability to be detached from the seeming gravity, enormity, and life-sized consequence of the catalyst at hand, and, in that distance and detachment, recognize the cosmic humor of taking the temporary, fleeting role we play on the stage of the incarnation so dreadfully seriously.

The light touch responds with joyful mirth to the absurd situation of clinging to a mortal body/mind, and of defending to the teeth the many trivial needs/wants of an illusory identity, because in truth the entity of the light touch has either a sense, or direct experiential knowing, that we were never born and will never die, and can never be diminished or augmented.

In that space of detachment one zooms out from the catalyst at hand, reducing its consuming, eclipsing nature from a long-view perspective which sees just how insignificant catalyst becomes in the face of infinity. In the space that makes catalyst small and the Self big, grace flows in, and the light touch follows.

No need for harsh actions or attitude towards another or the self; no need for the heavy burden of blame, guilt, and pining for things seemingly lost; no need for a sense of failure or wrong-doing. Just a joyful, light-and-sure-footed dance that moves in cooperation with the shifting energies, seeing all events as opportunities for service and learning, no matter if by the world's criteria a particular event is deemed negative. Cooperative, graceful, self-radiant, smile-filled dancing with the plays of light and shadow, gain and loss, birth and death.
(03-18-2012, 06:56 PM)Bring4th_GLB Wrote: [ -> ]I've wondered what constitutes "spiritual" pain. What causes it, how it manifests, how it's perceived, and how it's healed.

I've never encountered information that sheds light on pain of this nature. My own thoughts are few and vague.

Any one have any ideas?

As I interpret it, there is one example in the Ra material of an entity who experienced spiritual pain, Aleister Crowley:

Ra, 18:11 Wrote:This entity thus became very unhealthy, as you may call it, in a spiritual complex manner, and it is necessary for those with this type of distortion towards inner pain to be nurtured in the inner planes until such an entity is capable of viewing the experiences again with the lack of distortion towards pain.

The reason to this pain was:

Ra Wrote:This entity became, may we use the vibration sound complex, overstimulated with the true nature of things. This over-stimulation resulted in behavior that was beyond the conscious control of the entity. The entity thus, in many attempts to go through the process of balancing, as we have described the various centers beginning with the red ray and moving upwards, became somewhat overly impressed or caught up in this process and became alienated from other-selves. This entity was positive. However, its journey was difficult due to the inability to use, synthesize, and harmonize the understandings of the desires of the self so that it might have shared, in full compassion, with other-selves.

The spiritual pain is rare. Most of the times the pain is in emotional/mental complexes (34:6).

EDIT: Abraham Lincoln experienced spiritual pain too.
(03-18-2012, 03:12 PM)plenum Wrote: [ -> ]I've dealt with all 3 kinds of PAIN - physical, mental, and spiritual. And I am pretty sure that the spiritual pain hurt the most. This was before I discovered I was a Wanderer, and felt so lost as a spiritual seeker.

that total sense of DISORIENTATION.

it just kills.

All through my teens I experienced spiritual pain, less so now but I still have a lot to learn. There have been some dark moments.

Mental pain not really, I have always been sure and confident of my mind.
to say something is spiritual pain, you're just defining your own, but what do we know about how others define it? i mean how can we know what that is?
(03-19-2012, 04:14 AM)Oceania Wrote: [ -> ]to say something is spiritual pain, you're just defining your own, but what do we know about how others define it? i mean how can we know what that is?

You do not need to know if your specification is matching other's. This place however is a perfect opportunity to exchange ideas about it - and that is what is important, imho : )

I interpret spiritual pain as not something that aches, but just knowing that you are supposed to follow your way and instead you are doing something different - that is akin to spiritual pain for me. Not necessarily hobby-wise, career-wise, mating-wise, but the way one thinks and the way one used to think or one could think about everything that is around him.

It could be something entirely different of course.
(03-18-2012, 05:02 PM)Gemini Wolf Wrote: [ -> ]I know that writing my book is causing me some mental/emotional pain. I've just got so far to go in it.

I understand completely. So do some other writers:

"Advice to aspiring writers: Fasten your seatbelts--it's going to be a bumpy ride."
-Julian Barnes

"Writing is easy. All you have to do is sit down at a typewriter and open a vein."
-Red Smith

"Don't ever write a novel until it hurts like a hot turd coming out."
-Charles Bukowski

From Advice to Writers, Jon Winokur BigSmile