Bring4th

Full Version: The Choice
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
(01-06-2013, 08:03 AM)ShinAr Wrote: [ -> ]But I am also not yet certain that Ra itself has not offered confusing information in this regard as well.

A confused query yields a confused reply. It is nothing more than this.
(01-05-2013, 08:54 PM)Ankh Wrote: [ -> ]I remember so much stuff, and yet, it is so difficult to apply all that love and all that light in this density...

Some nights ago I had a dream. I was inside the "L/L house", which didn't look like the real L/L house but was presented as such in order to make me to understand that this house was a symbol of my Law of One philosophy. There were two females inside the house. It was heavily raining on the outside and the water was leaking inside the house. One of these females was almost never seen and was almost always hiding somewhere. The other one was on the contrary all over the house and was trying to clean it up and keep it dry from all the water pouring in from the heavy raining. When I came towards her, she pointed me to the spots where it was leaking and also told me that the house wasn't properly built...

I interpreted those females being the females in the transformation of the Mind Archetype. Although the negative female was almost never seen, she was still seeking separation *and* hiding inside the house. I understood that I have not completely, yet, let her go as it is described in that Archetype one should do in order to have that Transformation...

Anyway, I do have memories, I do remember... But I have difficulties to apply what I remember in this density due to incompability of these memories with what I experience here... This illusion is so thick... So difficult to pierce...

I just automatically assume, when somebody describes a dream, that everyone in the dream is an aspect of the dreamer. So for you, Ankh, I see that the bigger part of you is enthusiastic about the L/L Research and very supportive and wanting to do more. Another, smaller part of you holds out and doesn't want to throw everything into that basket, perhaps not wanting to be embarrassed later if it turns out not to be absolute truth.

Well, in 3D nothing is ever clear cut, so good to have a little skepticism to help the screening process. Also, remember Ra said that 3D means NOT understanding, so don't let failing to understand get you down. Not that I don't pursue understanding myself, understand.

My interpretation does not jibe with yours, of course, but neither are they mutually exclusive. Both could be correct, in fact.

Heart
(01-05-2013, 09:50 PM)Tenet Nosce Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-05-2013, 08:54 PM)Ankh Wrote: [ -> ]Polarity.... I've been reading what Tenet Nosce said in the past about polarity in his Ra's Adventures in Wonderland thread, and some of it was really striking to me... But there is still some kind of understanding missing from my side.

This thread- Polarization and Polarity- might be helpful to you as a starting point.

What is being missed is a good understanding of how the polarity of a magnet works. If we were take the time to actually learn how a magnet functions on a molecular level, all the seeming questions would be answered. There would be no more debate, because there would be nothing to debate. It would be as obvious to anybody else as it was to me when I finally took Ra's advice and reviewed magnetic polarization for myself.

Instead, months and years pass in this forum where some members get very adamant- even indignant- about defending their erroneous understanding of the polarization of consciousness. The "debates" go round and round. Some even become irritated and defensive when they perceive that their notion of polarity has been challenged.

But in actuality, there is no challenge, merely a persistent misunderstanding of terms. There is no debate that is actually worthwhile, if we are unwilling to take basic steps to understand the terminology employed in the discussion. Ra gave us the specific answer, and for whatever reason (laziness, ego, unwillingness to admit one was wrong, taking L/L and/or the moderators as an authority even against their own advisement, heavy biases toward "ethics and activity", etc.) nobody bothers to actually go and educate themselves about magnetic polarization. It's all right there, plain as day, for anybody who truly wishes to know about it. There is no need- whatsoever- to take my word for it.

I mean- doesn't it seem odd to you that in a community which is so focused on this concept of polarization- with all the pages and pages of posts dedicated to discussion of it- nobody will make the slightest effort to educate themselves on what magnetic polarization entails?

Ankh- It is clear to me that you are a very intelligent person who is more than capable of understanding magnetic polarization as it is actually a high-school level concept. I invite you to educate yourself on it, and then report back what you find here in this thread.

The larger question, if you don't mind me asking, is: Why haven't you done this already? IMO- You are one of the most serious students of the material in this forum. Has it not occurred to you that taking Ra's advice to "consider the polarities with the literal nature enjoyed by the physical polarity of the magnet" would likely be very fruitful to your seeking?

Lol! Thanks for stroking my ego. :p

The answer to your question about why I haven't looked at the question that you bring up properly yet is lack of time, my brother. But you have certainly awakened my curiosity now in regards to this topic, so I will look at it properly as soon as the time allows me. I only have limited amount of time in regards to spiritual studies, if looking at something deeper. And in regards to polarity, I have this far been contented with what is in plenum's quote/post: "The Wanderer, if it remembers and dedicates itself to service, will polarize much more rapidly..." In this quote Ra seem to equal polarity with service right there. But then we have Q/A 17:30 (from session that you don't like :p) where Don asks what ways are the best to be of service, to which Ra answers that the best way is a constant attempt to radiate, to share the love of the Creator as it is known to the inner self, but specifically speaking one needs to seek it, cause nothing is known. And I am aware of Q/A 93:3 where Ra says that it is unlikely that there is a more eloquent description of the polarities of third density than service to others and service to self and where they bring up the physical polarity of the magnet. And I am familiar with the physical polarity of the magnet, although not on the physicist's level perhaps. Wink

Anywho, I will look into this question and the thread you linked as soon as this illusion allows me. Thank you for this, Tenet! Lots of love.

(01-07-2013, 03:49 AM)kycahi Wrote: [ -> ]I just automatically assume, when somebody describes a dream, that everyone in the dream is an aspect of the dreamer. So for you, Ankh, I see that the bigger part of you is enthusiastic about the L/L Research and very supportive and wanting to do more. Another, smaller part of you holds out and doesn't want to throw everything into that basket, perhaps not wanting to be embarrassed later if it turns out not to be absolute truth.

Well, in 3D nothing is ever clear cut, so good to have a little skepticism to help the screening process. Also, remember Ra said that 3D means NOT understanding, so don't let failing to understand get you down. Not that I don't pursue understanding myself, understand.

My interpretation does not jibe with yours, of course, but neither are they mutually exclusive. Both could be correct, in fact.

Heart

Thank you for your interpretation of my dream, Lee. It's been a while I saw you here! Always a pleasure. Smile/Heart
(01-08-2013, 12:40 AM)Ankh Wrote: [ -> ]Anywho, I will look into this question and the thread you linked as soon as this illusion allows me. Thank you for this, Tenet! Lots of love.

Much love to you. Smile Let me know what you find.
Tenet Nosce Wrote:There is also nothing prohibiting us from selectively ignoring information that directly contradicts our biases.

Precisely. I have accounted for your claim to contradiction. Your response to me has been nothing but textual hair-splitting. None of this theorization matters except in practice.

Remember the comedy of the two methods of service. STO doesn't see the service offered by STS as helpful. Similarly, STS doesn't see the service offered by STO as helpful. This creates an impenetrable barrier between the two paths. They cannot possibly harmonize into one until it the methods of service become so subtle and expansive that they are discovered to be one. This doesn't happen here. It happens in 6D.

STO and STS both occur within the field of STC (Service to the Creator), but the paths do not overlap. Frankly, I find your diagram to be a pale and single-dimensional representation of something with many more variables.

We are within the illusion, my friend. And within this illusion, there is no escape from duality. Ra says himself that the paradoxes are not resolved here. They are only accepted. An inescapable paradox is an inescapable duality. You will have your higher view when you get back to 6D, but for now, you are here.

Tenet Nosce Wrote:We keep repeating the same patterns over and over again precisely because humanity is "stuck" on this dualistic idea of choosing between two sides. Good and evil. STS and STO. It's really all the same thing that keeps getting repackaged with different terminologies.

I simply do not understand how you rationalize your way out of the hard truth that this is the density of Choice. And that in this density, one polarity is chosen over another. You don't get to move beyond this fact unless you "penetrate the eighth level," something that I doubt any of us here have done. If we had, I imagine we'd have no interest in posting on message boards, but would rather enjoy a simple life without any particular concern, meditating, exploring Intelligent Infinity, and being generously willing to assist anyone who should happen to find us and seek assistance. In other words, imagine a perfectly balanced Master. Imagine a Buddha, a Jesus Christ, a Lao Tzu. Do you occupy this vibration yet? If not, then you still have 3D lessons to learn. Probably an abundance of them. Symptomatically, the Masters always recognize when their service is desired and when it is not desired.

A perfect example of a misapprehension, projected but unrecognized:

Tenet Nosce Wrote:
Ra Wrote:The Law of One blinks neither at the light or the darkness, but is available for service to others and service to self.

Therefore, if we find ourselves blinking, we can be sure that we have lost sight of the Law of One.

We, ourselves, are not the Law of One. We, and the illusion in which we exist, are distortions of the Law of One. One of the distortions which is an integral part of our illusion is the distinction between STO and STS. The Law of One does not prefer one path over the other, but this does not mean that we are alleviated from choosing one path over the other. If we vibrate with the Law of One, we will certainly not assert one path as preferable to the other. But this still does not mean we can avoid choosing one over the other.

What benefit will a pure concept of unity without difference net you in a world of duality? Unity is the synthesis, but every synthesis depends upon an opposition which it synthesizes. Attempting to live on Earth but reject the very real duality of this illusion will lead you directly to insanity.

Why do you assume that STO/STS = good/bad? Why must you smuggle a concept of judgment into a concept of pure ethical distinction? I prefer STO. Must I prefer it because I think that STS is bad? This kind of motivation will never stick. No one ever changes because they feel they should change. People only change because they want to. I choose STO because I prefer it. That's it. George Bush chosoes STS because he prefers it. Why must he see me as bad?

This identification of judgment concepts with purely ethical concepts is the source of an enormous abundance of misapprehension concerning the Ra Material.

FYI, I feel like this post is more pointed and combative that I'd like it to be. But I don't have the time to change it. I will simply add an addendum:

I am perfectly amenable to the possibility that our disagreement is a matter of vocabulary and not substance. My sharp demeanor notwithstanding, I'm interested in pursuing the line of inquiry with an open mind.
deleted....
(01-08-2013, 06:48 PM)Tenet Nosce Wrote: [ -> ]If you come across a starving person in the street, and you offer them some kind words and a sandwich, you have not only served them, but you have also served yourself.

As I understand it, this is an example of service to others. "...service to others results in service to self, thus preserving and further harmonizing the distortions of those entities seeking intelligent infinity through these disciplines."

Service to self, by contrast, does not result in service to others. "Those seeking intelligent infinity through the use of service to self create the same amount of power but, as we said, have constant difficulty because of the concept of separation which is implicit in the manifestations of the service to self which involve power over others. This weakens and eventually disintegrates the energy collected by such mind/body/spirit complexes who call the Orion group and the social memory complexes which comprise the Orion group."
(01-08-2013, 07:07 PM)βαθμιαίος Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-08-2013, 06:48 PM)Tenet Nosce Wrote: [ -> ]If you come across a starving person in the street, and you offer them some kind words and a sandwich, you have not only served them, but you have also served yourself.

As I understand it, this is an example of service to others. "...service to others results in service to self, thus preserving and further harmonizing the distortions of those entities seeking intelligent infinity through these disciplines."

Yes, exactly. Therefore, if we can do both at once, how is it that we are having to "choose between" one or the other?

Quote:Service to self, by contrast, does not result in service to others. "Those seeking intelligent infinity through the use of service to self create the same amount of power but, as we said, have constant difficulty because of the concept of separation which is implicit in the manifestations of the service to self which involve power over others. This weakens and eventually disintegrates the energy collected by such mind/body/spirit complexes who call the Orion group and the social memory complexes which comprise the Orion group."

Again, exactly. Therefore, why would we take a similar "concept of separation" and attempt to apply it to the positive path? The whole idea of the positive path is that it is bereft of separative concepts.

Perhaps I am beating a dead horse... but take a look at what you have said and look at this picture again:

[Image: attachment.php?aid=910]

Is this not congruent with what you said above? Service to others leads to service to self... but not the other way around.
(01-08-2013, 07:08 PM)Tenet Nosce Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-08-2013, 07:07 PM)βαθμιαίος Wrote: [ -> ]

Yes, exactly. Therefore, if we can do both at once, how is it that we are having to "choose between" one or the other?

It is the choice between the unity of the polarities and the separation thereof.
Maybe because service to self does not result in service to others? Nor does not choosing.
(01-08-2013, 07:15 PM)Spaced Wrote: [ -> ]It is the choice between the unity of the polarities and the separation thereof.

Bingo.

(01-08-2013, 07:16 PM)βαθμιαίος Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe because service to self does not result in service to others? Nor does not choosing.

Double bingo.

The microcosm of The Choice... the "little choice" that we make on a daily basis is NOT "between" STO and STS. STO/STS is a result of our pre-incarnative biases. Those of us who are STO cannot help but be STO, and vice-versa.

Rather, the "little choice" is whether to polarize, or not to polarize, when faced with catalyst.
How do you explain the fifth-density positive wanderers on Venus who polarized negatively?
(01-08-2013, 07:26 PM)βαθμιαίος Wrote: [ -> ]How do you explain the fifth-density positive wanderers on Venus who polarized negatively?

Dunno, other to say that it sounds like a very rare exception. But a close read of Session 89 reveals several inconsistencies.

For example:

In 89.27 they say that the two entities had harvested themselves during the 3D to the negative path, yet in 89.35 they say there was no negative harvest from the 3D cycle.

In 89.31 they say this was due to control and domination of others, yet in 89.35 they say that those who followed them found it "easy to believe" in their viewpoint.

In 89.33 they say the two entities were wanderers from 5D positive, but then in 89.35 they are said to have "graduated" into 4D negative.

Huh Sounds to me like there was some type of garbling or interference going on in that session. But I understand that you don't subscribe to that possibility... so I cannot guess how you would explain these inconsistencies.

At any rate... I don't think it negates anything we discussed above.
It suggests that it's possible to make a different choice. As I mentioned in an earlier discussion, that just makes intuitive sense to me.
(01-08-2013, 07:40 PM)Tenet Nosce Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-08-2013, 07:26 PM)βαθμιαίος Wrote: [ -> ]How do you explain the fifth-density positive wanderers on Venus who polarized negatively?

Dunno, other to say that it sounds like a very rare exception. But a close read of Session 89 reveals several inconsistencies.

For example:

In 89.27 they say that the two entities had harvested themselves during the 3D to the negative path, yet in 89.35 they say there was no negative harvest from the 3D cycle.

In 89.31 they say this was due to control and domination of others, yet in 89.35 they say that those who followed them found it "easy to believe" in their viewpoint.

In 89.33 they say the two entities were wanderers from 5D positive, but then in 89.35 they are said to have "graduated" into 4D negative.

Huh Sounds to me like there was some type of garbling or interference going on in that session. But I understand that you don't subscribe to that possibility... so I cannot guess how you would explain these inconsistencies.

At any rate... I don't think it negates anything we discussed above.

To me these quotes seem perfectly in keeping with Ra's overall message, especially when this part is considered as well:

Quote:89.35 Questioner: What was the catalyst for their change?
Ra: I am Ra. In our peoples there was what may be considered, from the viewpoint of wisdom, an overabundance of love. These entities looked at those still in darkness and saw that those of a neutral or somewhat negative viewpoint found such harmony, shall we say, sickening. The Wanderers felt that a more wisdom-oriented way of seeking love could be more appealing to those in darkness.

5th density wanderers are rare in 3D because they offer teachings of Wisdom, not Love. Perhaps those who called these wanderers were not ready to polarize because they had not learned the lessons of the service to self path to balance the service to others society that dominated Ra's 3D experience (as far as I know). In this light, by bringing war to Venus and offering those who would follow them the Choice of seperation, they were doing them a positive service in the long run by letting them experience and work through this necessary distortion.

There was no negative harvest of this entities because they 'graduated' into 4D negative mid-way through the cycle.

Also it's worth noting that these individuals did retain their positive polarity and joined Ra in fourth density positive after working off their karma.

This whole situation seems to mirror the idea of Lucifer offering the choice of polarity to Earth to me.

anyhow those are my 2 cents BigSmile

Shin'Ar

I think what you and Greek are heading toward is a discussion about the difference between tendency and freedom.

By Divine Design our fields have been charged a certain way based upon the experience of its evolution. Therefore there is a tendency to continue with a specific storehouse of information, memory and experience.

This is no way means that there is no option to walk another way. Tendency does not eliminate choice.

Also graduation in the Flower of Life is not a matter of climbing into higher being, or achieving some state of being more graduated than the present state. Or that particular states of being are steps up or down on some scale of measurement.

The Design is such that it is possible that what is meant by graduation is merely the next layer, or succession/expansion of that Design. Not in any way related to the evolution of the field, but simply the place within the design which is being experienced.

To go from 5th positive to 4th negative does not mean going down on some scale. It just refers to being on a different level or plane of the Flower of Life.

The tendency or polarization is simply the more common experience of a field which manifests as a particular frequency of vibration.

But it does not mean that the field is on a course which must be either up or down, left or right, light or dark, positive or negative.

All is One.

Past experience is conducive, not limiting.
(01-08-2013, 07:45 PM)βαθμιαίος Wrote: [ -> ]It suggests that it's possible to make a different choice.

Are you speaking of the two wanderers here? Or in general?

(01-08-2013, 07:58 PM)Spaced Wrote: [ -> ]5th density wanderers are rare in 3D because they offer teachings of Wisdom, not Love. Perhaps those who called these wanderers were not ready to polarize because they had not learned the lessons of the service to self path to balance the service to others society that dominated Ra's 3D experience (as far as I know). In this light, by bringing war to Venus and offering those who would follow them the Choice of seperation, they were doing them a positive service in the long run by letting them experience and work through this necessary distortion.

There was no negative harvest of this entities because they 'graduated' into 4D negative mid-way through the cycle.

Also it's worth noting that these individuals did retain their positive polarity and joined Ra in fourth density positive after working off their karma.

Could be. Your speculation is as good as mine. Personally, I find this part very confusing in light of the rest of the material. So I just chalk it up to somewhat transitory information... asking about a specific situation for which it isn't appropriate to draw generalizations from.

I mean... who in their right mind would think that domination even undo physical death was a great way to teach love? Huh Beats me... I just file this part away under the "mysterious" tab...
(01-08-2013, 09:33 PM)Tenet Nosce Wrote: [ -> ]Are you speaking of the two wanderers here? Or in general?

Both, I guess. I'm saying that the story of the two wanderers suggests that it's possible to make a different choice.

(01-08-2013, 09:33 PM)Tenet Nosce Wrote: [ -> ]I mean... who in their right mind would think that domination even undo physical death was a great way to teach love?

Maybe as a way to teach obedience (love of self) to the other followers...
(01-08-2013, 09:46 PM)βαθμιαίος Wrote: [ -> ]Both, I guess. I'm saying that the story of the two wanderers suggests that it's possible to make a different choice.

I would say the story of the two wanderers more illustrates that it's possible to think one is making a certain choice, when in fact they are acting unconsciously or mechanically.

But yes- I do agree it is certainly possible to make a different choice. What I'm trying to get at is that possibility only arises if/when we realize how unaligned our consciousness really is. All of our "identity molecules" are facing every which way, and canceling each other out.

Maybe we can make small choices, we can change little things. But certainly we cannot make big ones. We cannot contact intelligent infinity and harvest ourselves at will. We cannot move mountains. In order to do this, we must develop a greater degree of alignment, i.e. polarization.

It is not an all or nothing thing, but one of degrees. As Shin'Ar said... we have tendencies (or biases) and we have choice (or will). The way we build will is by balancing our biases. Or do you see it a different way?

Quote:Maybe as a way to teach obedience (love of self) to the other followers...

Maybe. I don't really know. But like I said, I am not sure that we can draw too many generalizations from this.

But basically, I think we are on the same page about helping the starving man on the street. Which is pretty much all we need to debunk the idea that STS and STO are mutually exclusive. Yes- STS is exclusive of STO. But STO is inclusive of STS.

STO recognizes that serving others is an excellent way to serve the self. And, really, I believe this is pretty much what Ra had to say about it on more than one occasion. I honestly do not know what all the pushback is about whenever I bring this up, other than people are attached to certain ideas and are naturally resistant whenever they are challenged.
(01-06-2013, 02:21 PM)Tenet Nosce Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-06-2013, 08:03 AM)ShinAr Wrote: [ -> ]But I am also not yet certain that Ra itself has not offered confusing information in this regard as well.

A confused query yields a confused reply. It is nothing more than this.

Btw Tenet, what do you mean by this? Do you mean that when Don asked confused questions, answers by Ra were confused?

(01-08-2013, 07:07 PM)βαθμιαίος Wrote: [ -> ]Service to self, by contrast, does not result in service to others.

(01-08-2013, 07:08 PM)Tenet Nosce Wrote: [ -> ]Service to others leads to service to self... but not the other way around.

Guys, I'm not sure that service to self does *not* result in service to others... It is sure not the conscious choice of STS polarized entity to be of service to anyone but the self, but by providing catalysts, sharing their philosophy/love as it is known to the self, they are being of service to others, no? Service to self does result in service to others, in its own way, as service to others result in service to self, and as Ra said is not to serve self to serve all?

Cyan

Service to self results in service to other self, service to other self results in service to self.

Service to self is closer to atomic core drawing electrons to swirl around it.

Service to other self is closer to the wave pattern beaming out love in all directions.

Remove one and you're going to have a bad time.

Edit: to clarify, I don't think the polarity of your service has any correlation to the output of your usefulness to the "all". Its a matter of what feels more appropriate, and very often its made situation to situation so that overall polarity may alter greatly between perceived days.
I see this discussion has deviated from the original intent, examination of the Fool card indicating the choice.

Light is manifest because it contrasts with that which is also self, dark. One cannot exist without the other.

Service to either polarity exists only within 3rd, 4th, 5th, and part of 6th density. As Ra stated, they exist...

excerpt
Quote:"Ra: I am Ra. ... In our vibration the polarities are harmonized, the complexities are simplified, and the paradoxes have their solution. We are one. ..."

All service, whether perceived as service to other-self, or service to self, is service in the name of Self, for all is One.

The Law of Confusion and free will are one and the same.
Quote:3.14 Ra: I am Ra. There is a law which we believe to be one of the more significant primal distortions of the Law of One. That is the Law of Confusion. You have called this the Law of Free Will.

And in understanding the card,

0 and 22 in this case provides a small glimpse into Infinity, beginning and end, One and the same. It is most definitely a choice on both ends of third density, beginning and end.

Quote:And: "Ok, what is the proper understanding of this Archetype?"

Being guided to this card may serve as an awakening of the mind via deepening the conscious awareness to the choice which is available during each incarnate experience.

There are only two paths, the left and right. The left path (negative) being the fools path, for it is a paradox. It is a paradox because...

excerpt
Quote:1.4 Ra: I am Ra. ... Since it [Creation] contains all, it cannot abhor any. ...

In this card the seeker gazes left (spirit), faces left (mind) and moves left (body) carrying earthly possessions, making way blindly towards impending doom, the jaws of the crocodile. In order to deviate from continuing on this path, the seeker must release earthly possessions and change direction to the right path. The staff indicates will. If the task to maintain the right hand path is to be achieved, the will must be brought to bear. The solar eclipse (vesica piscis) indicates celestial (Creator's) oversight.

Additionally,

Quote:93.9 Questioner: The feet of the entity seem to be on an unstable platform that is dark to the rear and light to the front. I am guessing that possibly this indicates that the entity standing on this could sway in either direction, to the left or to the right-hand path. Is this correct?

Ra: I am Ra. This is most perceptive.

Does my limited understanding appear to have any inaccuracies or flaws?
Thank you, Peregrinus. Excellent work on this Archetype!

As to your question:

(01-10-2013, 02:42 AM)Peregrinus Wrote: [ -> ]Does my limited understanding appear to have any inaccuracies or flaws?

As one of our wonderful members once said, let me channel Ra for you:

Ra, 77:23 Wrote:...we request that it be constantly kept before the mind, as the candle before the eye, that each mind/body/spirit complex shall, and should, and indeed must perceive each archetype, if you use this convenient term, in its own way.

And another one of the most beautiful texts that has ever existed:

Ra, 97:9 Wrote:To put this into perspective we must gaze then at the stunning mystery of the One Infinite Creator. The archetypical mind does not resolve any paradox or bring all into unity. This is not the property of any resource which is of the third density. Therefore, may we ask the student to look up from inward working and behold the glory, the might, the majesty, the mystery, and the peace of oneness. Let no consideration of bird or beast, darkness or light, shape or shadow keep any which seeks from the central consideration of unity.

Smile

Shin'Ar

(01-10-2013, 02:42 AM)Peregrinus Wrote: [ -> ]Does my limited understanding appear to have any inaccuracies or flaws?

In my understanding yes.

Although I think, despite your error, you seem to have a better grip on the true meaning behind the card than some of the other interpretations I have seen.

I think that your understanding of the left hand path and right hand path are in error, otherwise you have the right implementation.

The modern views of the left hand path are inaccurate misinterpretations, a result of manipulation, and because of that are now associated with dark occult practice rather then the path of free will rather than the right hand path of imposed direction.
(01-09-2013, 01:50 PM)Ankh Wrote: [ -> ]Guys, I'm not sure that service to self does *not* result in service to others... It is sure not the conscious choice of STS polarized entity to be of service to anyone but the self, but by providing catalysts, sharing their philosophy/love as it is known to the self, they are being of service to others, no? Service to self does result in service to others, in its own way, as service to others result in service to self, and as Ra said is not to serve self to serve all?

Very true. The difference I see is that balanced service to others seems like it automatically results in service to self (because it regularizes and harmonizes the lower centers), but service to self only results in service to others through the efforts of those others. In other words, the "victims" of the negative entity can choose to respond positively, but they could also remain unpolarized or choose to respond negatively.

Cyan

Lots of words about others and separation between self and others in a debate about does the separation between self and other self benefit other self as well.

Wink
Quote:97.11 Questioner: The entity looks to the left, indicating that the mind has the tendency to notice more easily catalyst of a negative essence. Would Ra comment on that observation?

Ra: I am Ra. This is substantially correct.

It would appear that Don and Ra agreed that the left hand path contained negatively polarizing catalyst.

Additionally,
Quote:45.10 Questioner: Why is the left ear of the service-to-self contact and the right service-to-others?

Ra: I am Ra. The nature of your physical vehicle is that there is a magnetic field positive and negative in complex patterns about the shells of your vehicle. The left portion of the head region of most entities is, upon the time/space continuum level, of a negative polarity.

Additionally, Q'uo, 1988, 09,18,
Quote:When one serves the self by manipulating others, one is often known as selfish. Another way of gazing at this trait in an entity is to see the entity choosing a path of polarization that would be called the left-handed path or the negative path in which the self is seen as the equivalent of or substitute for the Creator, and the constellation of those beings which move about the self are seen as those entities which may or not be of use in some way to the God-self which lies within the self. Such entities are not known for their spiritual humility or their lack of confidence in what they feel to be right.

It appears left/negative right/positive are substantially covered by Q'uo, as I can find numerous references to such..

(01-10-2013, 09:17 PM)Cyan Wrote: [ -> ]Lots of words about others and separation between self and others in a debate about does the separation between self and other self benefit other self as well.

The discussion was regarding the meaning of the 22nd card of the tarot deck. Deviation brought about the question you appear to be interested in, and I answered this in my last post.
βαθμιαίος Wrote:service to self does not result in service to others

False. Lucifer is the "true light-bringer," because in offering the negative polarity, Lucifer also offers a much greater abundance of potential for polarizing positively. Service to self also serves others. Service to others also serves the self. The two are symmetric in this respect.

This is why your model does not work, Tenet.

βαθμιαίος Wrote:Service to self, by contrast, does not result in service to others. "Those seeking intelligent infinity through the use of service to self create the same amount of power but, as we said, have constant difficulty because of the concept of separation which is implicit in the manifestations of the service to self which involve power over others. This weakens and eventually disintegrates the energy collected by such mind/body/spirit complexes who call the Orion group and the social memory complexes which comprise the Orion group."

This Ra quotation does not support your thesis. It only supports the concept that service to self seeks power and that this results in an internal friction between other-selves who also seek power.

The fact that service to self also serves others is a mere side-effect. It is not intended.

The fact that service to others also serves the self is also a mere side-effect. It is not any more intended.

When I share my resources abundantly, without attempting to make sure that I'll be taken care of, I create an environment in which others of a similar nature will be attracted to me. I'll attract the equally generous and I will evoke in others a feeling of gratitude. Thus, the self is served. If I serve others with the intention of also serving myself, I am not truly serving others. The concept of service to self must be released before the side-effect occurs. If you read Taoist texts, you will understand better why this is true.

If I horde my resources for exclusive expenditure upon only myself, I create situations of conflict between myself and others, thereby offering striking opportunities for others to polarize (in either direction), opportunities which would not have otherwise existed. Thus, the other is served. If I serve myself with the intention of also serving others, I will project a confused energy which will not provide as many opportunities to polarize as a coherent energy will. So, again, one must release the concept of service to others in order for the side-effect to occur.

No amount of textual hair-splitting will make this symmetrical relationship false. If you only look, you will see it everywhere in your life

Let me emphasize that. Your life experience is what counts the most, not what you interpret the Law of One material to mean. The first governs the second, not the other way around.
I elaborated on my thinking in this post. It's a question of inherent vs opportunity-offering.
I think I accomplished what I came here to do as well. I'm staying to continue attracting a desired reality. Plus moving too fast into the love/light gives me the trembles. And I don't want to leave my mom and my dogs without me. I think my soul contract will have me staying here for some time, though can't be sure.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6