Bring4th

Full Version: Relentless Seeking, or sit back, and chill?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I guess I would describe my spiritual path as RELENTLESS SEEKING.

from the time I discovered my first Astrology Book (Sun Signs by Linda Goodman), I wanted to know and understand, figure out how things really worked.

This relentless seeking lasted a good 10 years (it consumed most of my 20's). But believe it or not, after a time I ran out of books to read. Not in the literal sense, as there are always new books being published, old books never opened, but the contents of those books started to take on the 'same old feel', like I've read this before, or something similar.

now, I don't claim to understand the whole world of metaphysics, but I sure have read a lot of books in my time. How much of that material stuck, I cannot say Smile

I guess the point I am trying to convey is that after a while, this mental pursuit of understanding gave way to a more zen-like observation of the world. Meditation started creeping in more and more, and the Relentless Seeking morphed into a Sit Back and Chill approach; letting oneself be receptive to the guidance and insights of other forces.

this question has been framed as an either/or, but in truth, there is a whole spectrum of approaches, and some which don't even sit on this particular DIPOLE.

- -

has your approach changed on the spiritual path? have you taken a different turn, shifted your course to a new compass marking?

3DMonkey

I feel very similar. I think that was my first astrology book as well. I've probably read it 100 times (sections, of course).

I don't think anyone can claim full comprehension of metaphysics. Obviously, I do have a sort of understanding, personally, about the common thread between all theories on the matter. This is where my relentless searching has taken me. BECAUSE of my searching, I have reached my current plateau where I can sit back and chill.

Shin'Ar

The Great Mystery will always have secrets waiting to be uncovered as there is so much more for us to experience. But in this experience understanding the many things which have been worked over from so many angles is our task.

As you have noted, there isn't much that hasn't already been spoken of, or written. This is why I always say there is a huge difference between acquiring knowledge and information and actually applying it beneficially. That application is what creates wisdom from knowledge, as opposed to like you pointed out, just sitting one one's ass full of information and not having a clue what to do with it.

I would direct you to my post about Re-enchanting the earth on the Life on Planet earth forum.

This is what I believe is our goal once we come to higher understanding.

I have heard many people say that they don't know what to do next. Or that they don't feel it is okay for one to just sit down and try to ascend, doing nothing else but that.

But this is NOT the thinking behind those practitioners of meditation. To them their attaining of a vibration of that sort can lead to their ascendance, BUt it is also creating a vibration that fine tunes their environment and the world around them.

they are quite literally healing the planet in their meditative state, they are being a living, vibrating medication. They are becoming a human pyramid; a human Tree of Life.

Once one has become enlightened to the point that there is nothing more to gather as information, they can then move on to actually becoming a healing agent while they attempt to transform their consciousness.

I think there is always something to learn, but there is certainly room for both in our lives. I think the real struggle is trying to fit these things into our daily routines because as we all know, our worldly lives require attention as well.
Along the same lines as 3D, I've reached a plateau, but am no longer really seeking. Just trying to enjoy my life.
I think many will find there true purpose soon. Everything that has happened to us up to this point has been to prepare us. We are the change.
Same as you describe Plenum, I started off adsorbing all the information I could find. But after doing that for quite a number of years combined with some real experiences I started to discover that there is quite a large gap between the rational mind "knowing factoids" and true understanding of underlying reality..

If all works well the rational mind can describe what the heart knows.. But it's quite impossible for the rational mind to explain to the heart how to make magic work. You usually end up where you're too busy learning and doing random nonsense to actually see the truth.

So now I'm doing what can best be described as a guided sitting back. Sit back, be non active and receptive. And allow the universal spirit of guidance to educate me.

I don't meditate anymore either. I find that guidance is perfectly capable to communicate with me in whatever state of consciousness I happen to find myself. As long as the mind is relaxed attentive and receptive.
It's great to see you back Ali.

Unbound

I used to be a relentless seeker, now I basically just sit back and chill. BigSmile
I'm with Ali on this matter. The necessity for seeking transforms into integration/applying all that's been learned from the seeking process into practical usage. That's not to say that new revelations won't come to you once you no longer actively seek. I don't feel the need any longer to sit and meditate for long periods of time in order to achieve my goal. I've found also that any attempts I make at trying to conceptualize/intellectualize/organize what I've come to know feels pointless and silly to me now, because I'd just be rehashing the same truths I know over and over and over again, just in different ways. It would be like my trying to figure out dozens of ways to put on a new pair of glasses when the glasses are already on, and all that is left to be done now is to get my eyes to adjust properly and to simply look through them.

As you said Ali, regardless of what state of mind or one is in, the connection never falters. And why should it? There is never a moment when the Creator is not present in all things. I once naively thought that it was only through deep states of meditation that I could achieve a divine connection. Now I know better and realize that even when I am doing something as simple as walking down the street, the connection is always there. I now remain passive and acquiescent in life, and allow myself to be guided down the path the Universe feels is most appropriate and best. After all my 'relentless seeking' I'm much enjoying the role of the silent observer of sorts.

Unbound

Most angels pass by and no one has known they were there. Smile

Cyan

(03-26-2012, 01:16 PM)TheEternal Wrote: [ -> ]Most angels pass by and no one has known they were there. Smile

This reminds me of something that happened to me, it was sort of two angels meeting, one pre-aware and one post-aware.

I was at this store selling stones and minerals and what not. One lady walked up to me and we started talking and at one point she said she could feel how my most powerful ability to heal was when i dont focus on it, at all. When I just go about my daily business and just let it flow.

That was 10-15 years ago and i've come to agree with her as my senses have improved.

Unbound

That makes sense, you do feel like a potent radiator. Smile

Shin'Ar

The Divine Connection is made in revelation of our true identity as the Goddess within. That is my terminology for it based upon my path to this revelation. Once that revealtion is made the connection is established and each must maintain that connection in their own ways. many find that they connect powerfully to it through meditation. Others find that they can maintain it through awareness however that takes place. Still others accomplish this through ritual and/or alchemy. The key is in not allowing the worldly things to undermine that connection.

Once the understanding and connection is made the vibration tunes in. Maintaining that vibration is very personally individual. Precision fine tuning is the key to achieiving ascendance. That is what the adepts seek in their long meditative states.

And as well we should also relaize that when fine tuned in such extreme vibration we are also acting as a pyramid, as a human Tree of Life, healing our small place on the planet.
(03-26-2012, 01:22 PM)Cyan Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-26-2012, 01:16 PM)TheEternal Wrote: [ -> ]Most angels pass by and no one has known they were there. Smile

This reminds me of something that happened to me, it was sort of two angels meeting, one pre-aware and one post-aware.

I was at this store selling stones and minerals and what not. One lady walked up to me and we started talking and at one point she said she could feel how my most powerful ability to heal was when i dont focus on it, at all. When I just go about my daily business and just let it flow.

That was 10-15 years ago and i've come to agree with her as my senses have improved.

Did you mean buying stones or do you sell them Cyan?

Cyan

(03-26-2012, 01:26 PM)ShinAr Wrote: [ -> ]The Divine Connection is made in revelation of our true identity as the Goddess within. That is my terminology for it based upon my path to this revelation. Once that revealtion is made the connection is established and each must maintain that connection in their own ways. many find that they connect powerfully to it through meditation. Others find that they can maintain it through awareness however that takes place. Still others accomplish this through ritual and/or alchemy. The key is in not allowing the worldly things to undermine that connection.

Once the understanding and connection is made the vibration tunes in. Maintaining that vibration is very personally individual. Precision fine tuning is the key to achieiving ascendance. That is what the adepts seek in their long meditative states.

And as well we should also relaize that when fine tuned in such extreme vibration we are also acting as a pyramid, as a human Tree of Life, healing our small place on the planet.
(03-26-2012, 01:22 PM)Cyan Wrote: [ -> ]

Did you mean buying stones or do you sell them Cyan?
Ahh, no, i was a customer buying stones from this stores that sells stones and what not. My apologies.
Same here, although I started with Near Death Experience accounts.

I am a voracious reader and had thought I had exhausted the available resources, but I recently read Robert Monroe's books (Journeys out of the Body, Far Journeys, and The Ultimate Journey), and I suggest these to those of you who think there is little left to uncover....they are fabulous.

Shin'Ar

That's okay , I am always looking for options when seeking stones.

Cyan

(03-26-2012, 01:41 PM)ShinAr Wrote: [ -> ]That's okay , I am always looking for options when seeking stones.

If you're a girl, that sounds girly. If you're a guy, that sounds like you're picking a fight. And if you are a shaman, that sounds like that like sounds that.
Your questions brings to mind the story of the tortoise & the hare. I have been both. I have also been a lump, doing nothing but resting and taking a break.

Right now, I'd say I'm more in the "hare" mode of just going along peacefully enjoying the scenery.

And I so agree with Ali when he said,

"I find that guidance is perfectly capable to communicate with me in whatever state of consciousness I happen to find myself. As long as the mind is relaxed attentive and receptive."

Although I do try to spend at least 15 minuest each afternoon doing an intentional, mindful relaxing meditation. As much for the body as for the soul.

Love and light!

Especially when those angels don leather jackets, shirts with questionable imagery and wear cold looks on their faces. Wink Trickster angels, they are.
So can all those angels read our minds? I've actually thought in my mind to one I suspected to be an angel that "you can read my mind can't you?" but got no response.

It's strange but in the past when I've failed to do something nice for someone else, I look back and think they could have been angel. But then, it would be selfish to want to do something good because they might be an angel. Such is the cycle I seem to live in.
I've pretty much come to the conclusion that I really don't "know" much in the way of "truth" or the way this hologram is supposed to work. I have suspicions, but I figure I'll find out those answers when its time for me to pass on to the next world. I'm okay with that though.

In the meantime, these days, I just try to do the right thing by the people that are in my life at this time. Maintain a positive outlook.... and try not to lose my temper anymore when driving in traffic Smile

I do still meditate from time to time...though not on a regular schedule anymore.

Richard

3DMonkey

(03-26-2012, 09:22 AM)Gemini Wolf Wrote: [ -> ]Along the same lines as 3D, I've reached a plateau, but am no longer really seeking. Just trying to enjoy my life.

There really isn't anything else to do. All "this stuff" is to help people like us figure how to be happy and enjoy. For me, asking questions was enjoyment. I have nothing else to ask.
(03-26-2012, 03:10 PM)Richard Wrote: [ -> ]I've pretty much come to the conclusion that I really don't "know" much in the way of "truth" or the way this hologram is supposed to work. I have suspicions, but I figure I'll find out those answers when its time for me to pass on to the next world. I'm okay with that though.

In the meantime, these days, I just try to do the right thing by the people that are in my life at this time. Maintain a positive outlook.... and try not to lose my temper anymore when driving in traffic Smile

I do still meditate from time to time...though not on a regular schedule anymore.

Richard

LOL. I had a guy literally run me off the road the other day because he got aggressive with another driver. You know there is always that moment after when we exchange looks. LOL. He yelled so loud and emphatically "I'm Sorry" as if to say I'm pissed off at myself dammit. It never bothered me. I just waved and said "no worries". ... I bet he is still trying to figure that out.

Thank you Gemini... You honor me. Smile

And Ruth, of course there is nothing wrong in simply being mindfull for 15 minutes. As long as it is not the ego's attempt to achieve anything other than the pleasure of spending that time in your own presence. I often do this while walking. I love to just empty my mind then. It feels good and it is good.

Meditation for some is sitting down and doing 100 mantras so you can get up again, simply because that's what you're supposed to do as a spiritual person. I'd recommend another kind of practice for people who have that experience.

(03-26-2012, 01:15 PM)godwide_void Wrote: [ -> ]As you said Ali, regardless of what state of mind or one is in, the connection never falters. And why should it? There is never a moment when the Creator is not present in all things. I once naively thought that it was only through deep states of meditation that I could achieve a divine connection. Now I know better and realize that even when I am doing something as simple as walking down the street, the connection is always there. I now remain passive and acquiescent in life, and allow myself to be guided down the path the Universe feels is most appropriate and best. After all my 'relentless seeking' I'm much enjoying the role of the silent observer of sorts.

There's plenty of stories about the sages who go into caves and meditate literally for years. Find enlightenment, come out and not be able to cope with daily life. More than one ended up as a drunken beggar. Some eventually crawl back into their cave. To me that does not qualify as having found enlightenment. It means you caught a glimpse of something very specific that you forced into being by pure willpower. Quite an achievement nothing to be frowned at. But not the jewel for me.

In my experience it's not so much a matter of achieving, or changing. As you say: Nothing is not the creator.. Nothing is not his conscious choice. We are that creator. We are not aware of our own fully conscious mind. That's all. Not seeing it does not mean it does not exist. And the journey is in the discovery that our awareness exists on all levels, and on all levels it carries our signature, it's really us, not some alienated part of us, but the most core self that the reader experiences at this moment that core self is in all things and that is the conduit that speaks to all things and knows all things, omnipresent, omnipotent and omniscient, aka without space without time and without limits of any kind.

For me one of the biggest demonstrations of this was that the first week, one yogi was trying to explain to me that no leaf falls without the creator having an intent with it. And the next week at the exact moment someone is trying to explain to me that the whole of creation is a conscious entity, a leaf falls from a tree and lands precisely in my open hand. I did not intend to catch it. It just fell into my hand. I looked at it and it clicked... I thought: I get it, I see you there.

And then you begin to talk. Not willing things into being, leaving the ego out of it. Privately. Curiosity and attraction, no intent, not even noble ones, noble intent is ego just like selfish intent is ego. The purest intent is attraction. And before you know it you've fallen in love.

But she's mighty tricky. Like a woman. Doing, or forcing gets you nowhere. A passive invitation leads her to overpower you. That's why people of faith so often speak about surrender or submission. When they get it they call it submission to the beloved. When they don't they call it a greater power. There is no power outside the self to surrender to.
(03-26-2012, 04:13 PM)Ali Quadir Wrote: [ -> ]And then you begin to talk. Not willing things into being, leaving the ego out of it. Privately. Curiosity and attraction, no intent, not even noble ones, noble intent is ego just like selfish intent is ego. The purest intent is attraction. And before you know it you've fallen in love.

But she's mighty tricky. Like a woman. Doing, or forcing gets you nowhere. A passive invitation leads her to overpower you. That's why people of faith so often speak about surrender or submission. When they get it they call it submission to the beloved. When they don't they call it a greater power. There is no power outside the self to surrender to.

Very beautifully said, Ali! Very.

It reminded me of this quote:

Ra, 74:11 Wrote:One, know your self. Two, accept your self. Three, become the Creator.

The third step is that step which, when accomplished, renders one the most humble servant of all, transparent in personality and completely able to know and accept other-selves. In relation to the pursuit of the magical working the continuing discipline of the personality involves the adept in knowing its self, accepting its self, and thus clearing the path towards the great indigo gateway to the Creator. To become the Creator is to become all that there is. There is, then, no personality in the sense with which the adept begins its learn/teaching. As the consciousness of the indigo ray becomes more crystalline, more work may be done; more may be expressed from intelligent infinity.
I like the "Sit Back and Chill approach".

I wish we would already have an automated society so that I could do more of "Sit Back and Chill". Smile

Instead, I'm preparing my Self to help build this new society. When we are ready to implement it, I'll be ready!

Anyone here read that book 2150 AD ?
[Image: 200px-TheaAlexander_2150AD.jpg]
The same here, just trying to enjoy life... i am sure it will come a momento of seeking again, but for now on, i am just "chilling"
If you wish to truly understand then sit in silence and listen to your heart and the Creator that rests there.
I've been in chill mode for about a year now and I love it. When I stop to think about it- if I really process and accept the core truths that Ra gave us, there is really very little need to seek since we know that we are already the One. My real "work" in this lifetime is to live my life with more and more love and integrity towards others and myself- because that is my preference and joy, and for no other reason.
(03-26-2012, 07:11 PM)Valtor Wrote: [ -> ]Anyone here read that book 2150 AD ?
Yes.

Shin'Ar

I am really not sure what all of this talk about 'chillin'' is about.

It's like you know all the details about the arrival of the gravy train and now you are just sitting at the train station with nothing better to do.

Is there anything that you find disconcerting in this life that you would like to affect positively? Maybe even change in a better way?

Just because the world is beating itself up doesn't mean that you should just sit back and watch as though they deserve it if they have brought it on themselves.

we walk the left hand path because we now realize the folly of our fellow beings. We once walked that right hand path and were under the same circumstances that they find themselves. When on the right hand path following and partaking is what one does.

But, when one graduates to the left hand path, with that enlightened understanding comes also the desire to seek harmony and evolution. We did not become enlightened just to become apathetic. Being aware of the possibilities that we now await does not mean chillin while we wait. It means being even more impassioned to seek higher ability and connection. It means feeling a heightened love for humanity and the All, and wanting to do whatever is possible to improve and enhance creation. We have realized that we are the Creator. So now we are going to sit and chill? NOOOO!

Create! Get off your chillin duff and create! Make this creation a better place. Choose to create something wonderful in whatever way you are able. If the only thing you are able to create is a warm and cozy spot for your self to sit and chill, than just maybe you have not actually come to the realization of your true identity, and instead you are just continuing to please the self that you think you are in this temporary form. Why would a God care about his duff?

No my friends, there is much to be done. The world is in turmoil. there are dark forces plaguing our fellow man. There are many Higher Beings waiting to assist you as soon as you are ready. The Mother Earth can be blessed with your ability to enchant her. Creation can be blessed by your abilities. There is an entire universe out there waiting to be explored if you can just learn how to travel it. There are so many things that one can do as the Creator to improve and enhance this universe and to help others.

Will you, upon ascension into Higher Being, be satisfied with sitting on your spiritual duff and chillin? If not, and you have greater expectations, than why do you now not apply that same desire? This desire to please the self by ignoring the many other things that could be accomplished, is further walking down the path of service to self in ignorance of the service to others that you could be doing. It should be a warning that maybe you are still trapped in the flesh.

Rise up!

Pages: 1 2