Bring4th

Full Version: To the truly balanced entity no situation would be emotionally charged.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I do like this quote very much:

- -

42.8 To the truly balanced entity no situation would be emotionally charged.

With this understood, we may say the following: The repression of emotions depolarizes the entity in so far as it then chooses not to use the catalytic action of the space/time present in a spontaneous manner, thus dimming the energy centers.

There is, however, some polarization towards positive if the cause of this repression is consideration for other-selves.

The entity which has worked long enough with the catalyst to be able to feel the catalyst but not find it necessary to express reactions is not yet balanced but suffers no depolarization due to the transparency of its experiential continuum.

Thus the gradual increase in the ability to observe one’s reaction and to know the self will bring the self ever closer to a true balance.

Patience is requested and suggested, for the catalyst is intense upon your plane and its use must be appreciated over a period of consistent learn/teaching.

- -

thank you Ra!

(this is of course a very difficult endpoint, and one unlikely to be achieved in a lifetime. In the meantime, Ra recommends working with the full spectrum of emotions, and allowing their expression, even if this is in the imagination space).

http://www.lawofone.info/results.php?sea...ic_order=1

Cyan

(03-27-2012, 05:20 AM)plenum Wrote: [ -> ]I do like this quote very much:

- -

With this understood, we may say the following: The repression of emotions depolarizes the entity in so far as it then chooses not to use the catalytic action of the space/time present in a spontaneous manner, thus dimming the energy centers.

There is, however, some polarization towards positive if the cause of this repression is consideration for other-selves.

The entity which has worked long enough with the catalyst to be able to feel the catalyst but not find it necessary to express reactions is not yet balanced but suffers no depolarization due to the transparency of its experiential continuum.

Thus the gradual increase in the ability to observe one’s reaction and to know the self will bring the self ever closer to a true balance.

Patience is requested and suggested, for the catalyst is intense upon your plane and its use must be appreciated over a period of consistent learn/teaching.

- -

thank you Ra!

(this is of course a very difficult endpoint, and one unlikely to be achieved in a lifetime. In the meantime, Ra recommends working with the full spectrum of emotions, and allowing their expression, even if this is in the imagination space).

thank you for a timely and pertinent response coming through in the form of the ego self of Plenum. Smile
Reminds me of a story about a Zen master.

During a war the city in which his monastery stands is occupied by the enemy. Like the civilians all the monks flee the city. But the master does not change his daily ritual. As the fighting goes on around him he sits in his garden drinking tea.

A soldier jumps over the fence and points his sword at the master shouting some threat. The master continues drinking his tea. The soldier menacingly comes closer and asks "You fool, don't you understand the man before you could kill you without blinking an eye?"

To which the monk replies. "Do you not understand you stand before a man who can be killed without blinking an eye?"
(03-27-2012, 06:40 AM)Ali Quadir Wrote: [ -> ]To which the monk replies. "Do you not understand you stand before a man who can be killed without blinking an eye?"

lol. There is something extremely humorous about this quote.

(flipping the tables on the aggressor)

thanks for the story Ali.

BigSmile
Quote:There is, however, some polarization towards positive if the cause of this repression is consideration for other-selves.

Great find, plenum...makes so much sense from my experience.

Even so, I find much beauty in the pure experience and expression of emotion....it is the art of beingness to feel and express our emotions.

I have found myself feeling more neutral towards catalysts lately, I am appreciating even more the gift my emotions.

(03-27-2012, 10:43 AM)Shemaya Wrote: [ -> ]I have found myself feeling more neutral towards catalysts lately, I am appreciating even more the gift my emotions.

I think some people have expressed concern/worry when they pass through this phase, and wonder if they are becoming callous/cold-hearted towards certain situations that made them 'feel' previously.

but if the situation does not present an opportunity for you to offer personal service, I think the 'wise person' does not start beating themself up over it. The thinking is 'if I can help, I surely will!, but if I can't, then I will offer my best-wishes and compassion, but nothing is served by making myself miserable over it'.

- -

I guess I like feeling those raw emotions too lol BigSmile
It's giving me more appreciation of the negative emotions, such as anger, which I probably like many others tend to reject and disown

I think there is quite a difference between a true open-hearted neutrality and "callous/cold heartedness". When the heart is open, all the emotions of the situation are accepted, but when the heart is closed, it is just turned off to feeling what is happening in the situation.

Unbound

I think it is important to consider here what an "emotional CHARGE" is. A charge happens when there is a differentiation in electrical balance.

In that sense, a "charge" results from a blockage. When emotional energy is present and projected towards you, it is naturally taken in via the Solar Plexus center. Now, if you think about blockages in the system, you can consider these to be like dams in the current of a river. A "charge" is when an emotional energy flow is going through you and it gets "rebounded" back in to the individual, this happens because its current is blocked and instead of all the energy getting grounded some of it gets "caught" within the individual. This is also how blockages can grow, as it's like a clog in a drain. Generally this happens from collected, negatively charged energy, which then "rebuttals" other negative charges which get shed off of the current until the current is no longer out of balance with the charge of the blockage.

That being said, not getting emotion charges does NOT mean a reduction in ability to FEEL, it has to do with REACTIONS to feeling.
This is a great thread. Thank you all for your contributions so far.
I spent many days a few years ago listening to audio recordings from one of my guides, RaSha, on the way to work.
The lesson given to me was one of simply balancing like/dislike. Calling on these distortions to enter the consciousness and 'holding' them as concepts or thoughtforms in a state of limbo. This allows a brief connection with higher self and a subsequent 'download' of the wisdom, compassion or love nescessary to integrate the polarities. Life provides wonderful synchronicities to support these teachings.
(03-27-2012, 05:20 AM)plenum Wrote: [ -> ]http://www.lawofone.info/results.php?sea...ic_order=1

I can add that those times when I used the above practice, I felt great freedom; like the world just got bigger and I could finally breathe. Great exercise!
(03-27-2012, 12:45 PM)Ashim Wrote: [ -> ]The lesson given to me was one of simply balancing like/dislike.

I first came across this particular dipole in Buddhism Circles. There is is known as 'attraction/avoidance' behaviour, and if one is honest with oneself, it runs rife through one's life. Most of these habits stem from childhood, when we created very fundamental defences against the unpredictability of life. It can even color things like food preferences. It is a crazy dipole to self- investigate. Lots of wisdom to learn about the self.
If the emotional response can be suspended in a state of judgement/non judgement this is where the moment or window to the higher self opens and expands. I always had a challenge with patience/impatience. This was fun to learn.
(03-27-2012, 07:14 AM)plenum Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-27-2012, 06:40 AM)Ali Quadir Wrote: [ -> ]To which the monk replies. "Do you not understand you stand before a man who can be killed without blinking an eye?"

lol. There is something extremely humorous about this quote.

(flipping the tables on the aggressor)

thanks for the story Ali.

BigSmile

Yeah, I would not mind being killed. But imagine the aggressor tortures you instead. Ouff, that's another mater.

Cyan

(03-27-2012, 11:01 AM)plenum Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-27-2012, 10:43 AM)Shemaya Wrote: [ -> ]I have found myself feeling more neutral towards catalysts lately, I am appreciating even more the gift my emotions.

I think some people have expressed concern/worry when they pass through this phase, and wonder if they are becoming callous/cold-hearted towards certain situations that made them 'feel' previously.

but if the situation does not present an opportunity for you to offer personal service, I think the 'wise person' does not start beating themself up over it. The thinking is 'if I can help, I surely will!, but if I can't, then I will offer my best-wishes and compassion, but nothing is served by making myself miserable over it'.

- -

I guess I like feeling those raw emotions too lol BigSmile

Hardest part for me: Knowing just how stupid my emo spells look to the higher density folks. Ooo, must be true because its true in two ways. Either my "emo spells" that is to say, healing and astral, or "spells of being emo" rather, a few moments of being emo, spell referring to time. Oh I have such smart wit ;P
(03-28-2012, 06:27 AM)Cyan Wrote: [ -> ]Hardest part for me: Knowing just how stupid my emo spells look to the higher density folks.
If I see a kid cry because he didn't get his ice cream. I tend not to consider it immature or foolish. It's cute in a way and it brings a smile to my face. We all want children to grow up in their own time. But no one these days wants them to be adults as soon as they stop filling diapers.

I imagine someone compared to whom we are children would not consider our emo spells stupid. But instead consider them cute in a way, they may feel regret if it causes us to hurt ourselves or our friends, but generally beautiful because it makes us who we are.

Shin'Ar

There is a great difference between connecting with one's Lower Consciousness and allowing oneself to wallow in things that one knows is not beneficial to the spiritual enhancement and development of the Higher Consciousness.
Repression of emotions or avoiding dealing with emotions that have arisen for some reason or another is detrimental in the long run, in that those same emotions will continue to re-emerge and you'll have no idea how to deal with them or keep them in check once they have. Bottling an emotion up inside only to have it resurface during a minor situation will probably result in it being blown out of proportion, or that very emotion leading to behavior that you wouldn't consider 'rational' or distorting the entire situation with this emotional charge.

Rooting yourself in positive states of mind will result in positive emotions arising, leading to positive outlooks, positive words, positive thoughts, and positive deeds. Joy, acceptance, serenity, love, all good ways to approach a situation. Sustaining these states once they've arisen is important. Acting from these states will ensure continued movement towards experiences of similar degrees of positivity. If negative states of mind or emotions arise, which they will even for the most positive of people every now and again, examining it carefully is key; why it arose, in response to what, what will be the outcome if dwelling upon this emotion occurs in immediate future moments, how are your thoughts being changed from remaining in this state, etc. The insights which arise may be

- There is no real good reason for me to be feeling this way at this present moment in time
- There is some past issue left unaddressed which caused this negative emotion to manifest now
- I feel this way because I perceive a threat/feel aversion from/towards something within my immediate range
- My mind is conditioned to react in a certain way to things of this particular nature, in which case I need to re-evaluate my relationship with this object/being/thing/circumstance

Or any number of varied circumstantial reasons. Nevertheless, you'll always be afforded the options of letting it simply fall away or confronting the issue and working your way through it until you've come to terms with and understand why it arose or exists in the first place thus ensuring it'll be easily dealt with if it comes up at a later date, and replacing this emotion with a positive counterpart. Emotional catalyst is excellent in teaching the self about the self, how it operates, and how it colors the world around it through its feelings.
Good post godwide_void...

I think from personal experience and what I've seen in other people the recurring negative state inducer is self judgment. A minor thing happens. Just bad luck, missing a bus for example. And this demon pops up and begins giving us all kinds of reasons why we have personally failed, and how this is typical for us.

This has absolutely no function. The obvious thought is that this will help us do things better the next time. Only it won't. It makes us behave like failures if we don't counter it with positive messages.

The best thing I think... is to employ unconditional positive self regard. Your intrinsic quality is awesomeness. And the mission is to chisel untill that inner quality shows. Which has two results, first of all you don't wallow in negativity, when negative states happen you just rise above them, your self dialogue just lifts you above it. And secondly you genuinely improve your life by chiseling.
Likewise, Ali. When self-judgement happens and it evolves into beating yourself up, it's always good to remember that there is no such thing as failure, only opportunities to learn. I really like how you used the word chisel in reference to refining oneself, and the inner core of the rock/the self being "awesomeness", and the jagged edges and bumps on the rock are all the negatives that need to be done away with to reach that positive perfection.

Shin'Ar

Bottled up negative emotions will carbonate and restrict entrance to the Higher Consciousness. This is why the Masters always advise seeking to burn up and transform the negative aspects of the Lower Consciousness in order to open the doorway to the Higher. The Sacred Fire within can accomplish the destruction of all of the volatile self ego baggage and transform it into the Higher Being that we should all be striving to acquire.

But seeking the Lower Consciousness and striving to understand one's negative baggage is not to be seen or used an excuse to experiment with negativity and darkness. This sort of self serving is not of greed and self satisfaction. It is for the purpose of cremating those negative aspects so that one can than rid themselves of those bonds to the negativity that created the baggage in the first place. This is what is meant be escaping the lusts of the flesh.

Chiseling away the crust to find the true design hidden inside. Yes, I like that Ali.

Every one of us has baggage that we collect as we experience these lives, and being able to cast off the excess that weighs us down, is the true goal for one seeking balance and harmony.

The Ancients however have always chose to express that as a burning destruction of the baggage within because that is where the Sacred Fire resides within us all. That is the purpose of the Kundalini.

We should always remember the Sacred Flame that dances within the form of every creation.
I agree with so much that has been said here. I have made great strides by endeavoring to remove emotional charge. Two examples that work for me:

1) Excitement: Something good happens to me, say, I get a contract from an agent for one of my books. The tendency is to get very excited and go overboard emotionally. But this is because I am thinking about the whole scenario that might unfold: selling it to a publisher, and then, getting people to actually read it. I am attached to the outcome.

What I do is to say, okay, this is a great first step. Take it one step at a time. It will all work out the way it is meant to. In this way I still feel joyful, but not bonkers thinking I already have a best-seller.

This does not mean one shouldn't feel joy. But joy would not be attached to an outcome.

2) An unwanted task: If I am obligated to do something that I find irritating or challenging, I remind myself that I am "being of service." Saying and thinking this immediately detaches me from the task, and I am able to feel good about it.

Love this thread and the discussion being had. I've found Ra's balancing advice to be the most useful information from the material in my life. It has helped bring me a lot of peace.

Whenever I talk to people about the idea of balance meaning no emotional charge, they seem worried about the idea of becoming an emotionless, indifferent robot or something. I think Ra's words here are very important to remember when talking about "no emotional charge":

Quote:41.1
...The end result is that the catalyst is no longer needed. ... This is not indifference or objectivity but a finely tuned compassion and love which sees all things as love. This seeing elicits no response due to catalytic reactions. Thus the entity is now able to become co-Creator of experiential occurrences. This is the truer balance.
@Shin'Ar: By Lower Consciousness I take it you refer to the portion of self which is still bound to the material world and prone to act upon egoic desires, seeking self-gratification but not in the negative sense of pursuing such at the expense of others or using others to achieve your own ends, but as in pursuit of experiences which please the "I" such as relaxing, eating, masturbation, ingesting substances, for a few vague examples but ones that do not necessitate interaction with others as to allow the manifestation of these experiences, and mainly still retaining an outlook upon the world which still draws from illusory aspects of perceptions governed by the illusion we find ourselves in.

By Higher Consciousness I take it you mean that state of being in which one is completely and wholly aware that the "I" they perceive themselves as is the awareness of God and is essentially a pure, untainted and immovable being.

I'd like to hear your distinct definitions of the two however, as the above are just my brief interpretations of it.
(03-28-2012, 12:19 PM)abridgetoofar Wrote: [ -> ]Love this thread and the discussion being had. I've found Ra's balancing advice to be the most useful information from the material in my life. It has helped bring me a lot of peace.

Whenever I talk to people about the idea of balance meaning no emotional charge, they seem worried about the idea of becoming an emotionless, indifferent robot or something. I think Ra's words here are very important to remember when talking about "no emotional charge":

Quote:41.1
...The end result is that the catalyst is no longer needed. ... This is not indifference or objectivity but a finely tuned compassion and love which sees all things as love. This seeing elicits no response due to catalytic reactions. Thus the entity is now able to become co-Creator of experiential occurrences. This is the truer balance.

I just want to point out that just as there is a distinction between loneliness and solitude, so too is there a difference between apathy, being an emotionless zombie, and acquiescence, unattachment to things (not aversion, just neither grasping nor shying away from), the meditant stillness of ascetic monks or yogis. Indifferent mindless drones running on auto pilot are usually spaced out, sort of living unaware, allowing moments to fly by unnoticed. The meditant, to the outside observer, might be perceived as the former, but the difference is that where the former might be involuntarily "brain dead" or hold no emotion (or be emotionally unbalanced giving rise to random outbursts) the latter approaches the silence of mental activity of his own accord. Both take very contrasting routes in life but it appears that a similar destination is reached, but the similarity begins and ends only in the perceived "emptiness" of that state. The nature of that void-like disposition, how and why it came to be, and whether it is a beneficial (for the meditant) or detrimental (for the lifeless robot) conveys the true difference.

There are no "unnecessary" movements performed by the meditant, and by movements I am not speaking only in terms of physicality but emotional movement, mental movement, etc. It is inertia, but it is not stagnant in any sense. It is within this inertia that true progress is made possible.

Shin'Ar

GWV,

Just briefly touching on your question for its late here and I just got in.

Lower Consciousness would be inclusive of your description, but let me add this to it. The Lower Consciousness would be any and all experiences of one's field of consciousness in its less evolved state. One could experience past energies when in second density state, or very primitive third density. Many of these ancient experiences will not be actual memory but just the vibrations that were experienced whether negative or positive. I am not sure what sort of negative experience would be had by second density.

Higher Consciousness would be your own higher Being and any and all matings that your field has had with other higher fields of consciousness. I will speak in more detail later.

First off id like to say great thread. I really enjoy everyones perceptions on topics here at bring4th.

I like the idea of of acting out intense emotion through the thought realm, rather than in physical reality. Through imagination you can explore different aspects and views of this emotion, and get a fuller feeling as to what brought apon this state of being and the steps to regaining balance.
Welcome to this board, adonai!
(03-27-2012, 05:20 AM)plenum Wrote: [ -> ]I do like this quote very much:

- -

- -

thank you Ra!

Greetings.

http://lawofone.info/results.php?search_...h_type=any

Quote:Ra: I am Ra. The heart of the discipline of the personality is threefold. One, know your self. Two, accept your self. Three, become the Creator.

The third step is that step which, when accomplished, renders one the most humble servant of all, transparent in personality and completely able to know and accept other-selves.

In relation to the pursuit of the magical working the continuing discipline of the personality involves the adept in knowing its self, accepting its self, and thus clearing the path towards the great indigo gateway to the Creator. To become the Creator is to become all that there is. There is, then, no personality in the sense with which the adept begins its learn/teaching. As the consciousness of the indigo ray becomes more crystalline, more work may be done; more may be expressed from intelligent infinity.

I've been in semi-meditative states throughout my day where all I really felt was my mind quiet and my true conscious self aware and observing with utmost love. This creates a genuine transparency which is in line to your post of lacking any emotionally charged reaction to any situation.

I believe this is fundamental for continuance balance - but at the same time I believe expressing Love causes a transparency in that you have no biases or reactions to situations due to personal unique distortions because you express the pure essence of Love. Yet, I feel this to other entities who are not thinking in congruence to this vibration may see a emotion such as joy, acceptance, and love that radiates from your being in general. So truly emotion may not be there in a sense of distortion but may be there in a sense of being in-line to the One Creator and thus being different or unique in the perspective of an entity or entities who do not understand the learn/teaching or are not congruent in vibration to the state of your transparency.
(03-29-2012, 01:04 AM)adonai Wrote: [ -> ]First off id like to say great thread. I really enjoy everyones perceptions on topics here at bring4th.

I like the idea of of acting out intense emotion through the thought realm, rather than in physical reality. Through imagination you can explore different aspects and views of this emotion, and get a fuller feeling as to what brought apon this state of being and the steps to regaining balance.

Welcome my friend ! Smile
thank you I enjoyed reading this thread.

When I first discovered that I was not in any way aware of what my constant fluctuating emotions were I made a list of emotions and posted it on my desk at work and my desk at home, in the kitchen, in the car, in my purse... and set an intention to become AWARE of all of my emotions. All day as I could, I would look and gage where on the list is the closest to what I was feeling and then accept the emotion.

Detecting my emotions was a disciplined task. Whereas something like Anger is obvious, Worry is generally less easy to detect. Once aware of my surface emotions it then becomes interesting to see how others may "trigger" me and begin to form a deeper self-acceptence.

Little did I know, this was just a beginning, to moving into a much greater depth in healing and self-acceptance of all the archetypes or selves within.

I'm quite solid in belief that behind all the emotions that are of less then Love there is a root cause of Feeling Unloved. How can the root cause behind Anger be the feeling of being unloved?? It's not easy to see but deep within us it is happening. When someone cuts us off in traffic, why do we really care? Why do we react or experience any emotion at all? On a MIND level we can easily explain it away --they are in a hurry, they had a bad day, they are teenagers, old person driving, etc. But on an EMOTIONAL level why did we have the emotion? It is because we feel unloved. We feel emotionally in our heart, hurt. Their carelessness is an expression of Unlove and lack of worth to our own self.

Getting in touch With our Emotions is like the matching necessary polarity to balancing with Knowledge and how we use the MIND. Without both we are not whole.

The need to express power or control over others is a reflection of the fear in the self of losing ones own control and power over ones own self, through emotions. All the while the suppression grows as does the Knowledge at attempt to control the emotions.

Down in the darkest part of our psyche to be found hidden in the emotional realm is the desire and necessary need to claim the truth in Unlove. In it lies powerless state of a lack of self worth and a lack of self acceptance. Asking myself "how does my heart really feel" when I am creating a story in my mind about anything, immediately removes the story and moves me into the truth of the emotion, thus allowing a true release. Once becoming in tune and in acceptance of the process of feeling, it becomes in itself a longing because the release is so fulfilling.

It's possible to discover these long-stuck emotions when we are stuck in a the duality and god-construct part of the universe, by setting the intention to have a Desire or to create a Longing for the Humility to Feel our Deepest Emotions. Upon setting these intentions you may awakening to lucid dream experiences to feel what was never felt Then, and in doing so you will be released from them.

Lulu

It's also very worth noting that emotions we have oppressed HERE in our physical form are being Acted out by our SPIRIT in the spirit realm unseen, and here. Our Spirit form is capable of influencing others who are in Physical form; from sabotaging, molesting and other random "acting outs" in as many ways possible as we know. We can't really "get-away" from what we are creating and attracting.

We are affecting and interacting with each other and OUR SELVES from the Past on a Multi-Dimensional Level.

It's possible that our Split-Soul is the entity in spirit that causes us the most pain and growth even if we have never known them here as in physical.

That noted: We are indeed, all ONE, affecting each other beyond this realm.

(03-28-2012, 12:10 PM)Diana Wrote: [ -> ]I agree with so much that has been said here. I have made great strides by endeavoring to remove emotional charge. Two examples that work for me:

....tendency is to get very excited and go overboard emotionally. But this is because I am thinking about the whole scenario that might unfold: selling it to a publisher, and then, getting people to actually read it. I am attached to the outcome.

What I do is to say, okay, this is a great first step. Take it one step at a time. It will all work out the way it is meant to. In this way I still feel joyful, but not bonkers thinking I already have a best-seller.

This does not mean one shouldn't feel joy. But joy would not be attached to an outcome.

Hi Diana, great example.

Is there a possible unfelt emotion of worry/fear lurking yet to be driven helplessly into the feeling of it.

As I read your post I see how with the use of your MIND you discovered the attachment. You acknowledged that and you took yourself back up with the power of the MIND so you could feel stability, control and "let go".

However, deeming it "an attachment" is like stating you are not worthy of that said desire. It is sort of a denial state for your deserved desire.

The way to go into it through the emotional depth, is to ask the Heart how it really feels, and be willing to feel the humility, have the tears or whatever comes up that expresses to the universe what you no longer wish to live. Whatever it is, that resides around the fear of the possible non success. What do you dread that is the antithesis of your desire? In doing so you express to the universe that you Deserve what you are now acknowledging the lack of.

Lulu

(03-29-2012, 01:12 PM)Lulu Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-28-2012, 12:10 PM)Diana Wrote: [ -> ]What I do is to say, okay, this is a great first step. Take it one step at a time. It will all work out the way it is meant to. In this way I still feel joyful, but not bonkers thinking I already have a best-seller.

Hi Diana, great example.

Is there a possible unfelt emotion of worry/fear lurking yet to be driven helplessly into the feeling of it.

As I read your post I see how with the use of your MIND you discovered the attachment. You acknowledged that and you took yourself back up with the power of the MIND so you could feel stability, control and "let go".

However, deeming it "an attachment" is like stating you are not worthy of that said desire. It is sort of a denial state for your deserved desire.

Very valid advice. Smile

However, regarding what I was trying to get across: I meant to suggest that one detach from an outcome, let it play out, instead of projecting one's fears and desires. Just chill, sit back, and the path will infold (which incidentally one has created either consciously or unconsciously). I gave that example because I am a writer, and have experienced this before. Whenever I detach from the outcome, I hear good news.

(03-29-2012, 01:12 PM)Lulu Wrote: [ -> ]The way to go into it through the emotional depth, is to ask the Heart how it really feels, and be willing to feel the humility, have the tears or whatever comes up that expresses to the universe what you no longer wish to live. Whatever it is, that resides around the fear of the possible non success. What do you dread that is the antithesis of your desire? In doing so you express to the universe that you Deserve what you are now acknowledging the lack of.

I hear what you are saying. I suppose, being a business-type person, I tend to operate more from a goal-oriented standpoint. In my personal life, with personal issues, I have done what you describe above.

I find it efficacious to think rationally, as well as engaging the heart. As an entrepreneur, I must engage intellect in order to be effective. The balance of heart and mind is ideal.

I don't focus on negatives. I focus on positives, goals, what I want to be and what I want the world to be. The more I have talk, and internal dialogue, about these things, the more I rewire my brain to such, and the more my subconscious creates these beliefs.

It's like traditional therapy vs. create your reality. Traditional therapy would have you drudge up every horror and drag you through it for years. I say take that same energy and transmute your past, by seeing it differently. This may involve healing the inner child, but it can be done with love and acceptance of the child, rather than going through the trauma and dissecting it. So you actually (re)create your past, just as you create your present and future.
Pages: 1 2 3