Bring4th

Full Version: Judging Sources of Spiritual Information
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I remember reading this in the David W biography years and years ago. This is a heavy paraphrase from memory, with possible additions of my own:

- -

*do you feel more empowered after reading the information?

spiritual information speaks to the true nature of the Self, which is one of the Co-creator, and having a relative amount of autonomy over your experience.

* do you feel more connected after reading the information? (green ray)

the nature of the cosmos is one of connectedness, so that which speaks to this will leave your green chakra vibrating in harmony.

* is there just a mass of numbers, jargon, and messy concepts?

clarity is the nature of wisdom, and texts which are full of numbers like this 2,400,723,933 and the names of 24000 heavenly angels are most likely trying to confuse you, and leave you doubting your intellect

- -

the Law of One is a most fantastic source, but most of us will likely supplement it with an abundance of other sources. These 3 things above are things that I like to keep in mind when assessing the value of information.

- -

I'm sure you have your own criteria BigSmile

Unbound

Those are pretty good criteria, particularly as far as written information goes. I would also mention spiritual information that comes via the intuition. Also, obvious self-incongruencies, or information which disregards meaningful interaction with other selves, e.g., sts in viewing the self as "special" or "superior".

For myself I would add just a vibe and feeling, or the feeling of ill intent. Also, I always challenge any spiritual energy if I feel uneasy or uncertain of its intention, often with "May all the energies of the highest and brightest be present to guide me without deception, in the Love and Light of the One Infinite Creator" or something along those lines.

Also, another big thing is an observance of the lives and circumstances the channelers, transcribers, etc find themselves in, as it often indicates the kind of energies being associated with.

Meerie

plenum there is a thread that discusses same subject here:
http://www.bring4th.org/forums/showthread.php?tid=1753
maybe one of the mods could merge?
(03-28-2012, 07:56 PM)plenum Wrote: [ -> ]*do you feel more empowered after reading the information?

spiritual information speaks to the true nature of the Self, which is one of the Co-creator, and having a relative amount of autonomy over your experience.

* do you feel more connected after reading the information? (green ray)

the nature of the cosmos is one of connectedness, so that which speaks to this will leave your green chakra vibrating in harmony.

* is there just a mass of numbers, jargon, and messy concepts?

clarity is the nature of wisdom, and texts which are full of numbers like this 2,400,723,933 and the names of 24000 heavenly angels are most likely trying to confuse you, and leave you doubting your intellect

Fantastic post and great criterias!

That's about it as it seems. *thumbs up*

3DMonkey

This criteria is why I love reading Q'uo. "rez oh nay she owwwwn" brother
* Bring4th_Austin puts on the Devil's Advocate cap.

What if we resonate with particular spiritual information because of unconscious biases which beg to be balanced? And what if some spiritual material takes advantage of this? What if we only feel empowered or resonation because we just read what we wanted to read?

Unbound

I always seem to find myself encountering multiple sources at once that all have a different take on the same subject. So I guess for myself I can feel the difference between an emotional response, and a feeling of "resonance". Lots of times I will read things I don't necessarily like, but it still resonates as true and I have to consider it.
(03-30-2012, 01:11 PM)abridgetoofar Wrote: [ -> ]* abridgetoofar puts on the Devil's Advocate cap.

What if we resonate with particular spiritual information because of unconscious biases which beg to be balanced? And what if some spiritual material takes advantage of this? What if we only feel empowered or resonation because we just read what we wanted to read?

I say it's awesome then! If your unconscious mind begs to be balanced in whatever way, there is no escape from that then really. Before it can be balanced, you need the *experience* though. Then it is up to each intelligence to discern, dissect and analyze this experience, distilling the essence in it. That's one of the points with this free will thing I'd guess, to blindly choose how to relate to these kind of experiences. Me thinks... Confused

3DMonkey

(03-30-2012, 01:11 PM)abridgetoofar Wrote: [ -> ]* abridgetoofar puts on the Devil's Advocate cap.

What if we purchase Oreos instead of chocolate chip Chips Ahoy? 'Oh no!' Tongue

Go with it... or don't.