Bring4th

Full Version: has anyone done a green smoothie fast
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
how long and what did u notice. i would think if u did that and u added like barley grass tablets or wheat grass tablets u would clean out your body pretty good, lets say for a week or so.

one interesting thing here, i am diabetic, my blood sugar this morning was 95 after drinking a green smoothie it only went up to 108 so very little change in the sugar level, if i had a buttere roll or a bagel it would shoot to over 200 that much i know as i have done it enuf lol. thinking of doing a 3 day green smoothie fast next week when i get off work .

(03-31-2012, 09:24 AM)norral Wrote: [ -> ]how long and what did u notice. i would think if u did that and u added like barley grass tablets or wheat grass tablets u would clean out your body pretty good, lets say for a week or so.

I heard someone in an interview yesterday, saying that avocados were very good for detoxifying the body. It would be interesting to go on a green smoothie diet for a few days with smoothies that included avocados...

Fruit juice
avocado
banana
kelp powder
kale
(maybe with some whey protein powder?)
Yes, lots of times! It's wonderful! Highly recommended!

From what I understand, by blending the fruits with the greens, the fiber in the greens slows down the assimilation of the fruit sugar, thus making it possibly doable for those with blood sugar issues. (I say "possibly" because I'm not a doctor and cannot advise you, with your particular situation.)
thanks ed and monica

that recipe looks delicious ed ill definitely try that one out. yeah im going to try it a good chance to give the body and the digestive system a rest

(03-31-2012, 12:48 PM)norral Wrote: [ -> ]thanks ed and monica

that recipe looks delicious ed ill definitely try that one out. yeah im going to try it a good chance to give the body and the digestive system a rest

Norral, you might see if your local library has any of Victoria Boutenko's books. They are excellent! She is the one who made green smoothies popular. They have lots of recipes.

I just had a green smoothie for breakfast. I picked some fresh lettuce out of the garden, added it to the almond milk (soaked raw almonds, ionized water, vanilla, hemp hearts, local honey, maca), added a bit more maca, some frozen blueberries, and a banana.

YUM!

For lunch I will probably have a savory veggie stew, which is sort of like a green smoothie, except it has veggies so it's savory instead of sweet, and it has a thicker texture, like a, well, like a stew! I usually add either avocado chunks, 1/2 baked potato, or walnuts, to make it crunchy or chewy. Sometimes, if I'm feeling really decadent, I'll have a slice of rice-almond bread with sesame tahini, with it.

My smoothies are meal replacements. All together though, with a slow change in diet over a period, I have lost 45 pounds.