Bring4th

Full Version: Being a Lifeline
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Brittany

A few things up front:

1.This entire post is IMHO and based mostly upon my own experiences. In no way do I claim to have a monopoly on human experience.

2. The point of this thread it NOT to debate the validity or the danger of the negative polarity and those who have made a true commitment to follow it. No justifying or bashing the STS path. If you want to do that, please do it in one of the other 200 preexisting threads already discussing this topic.

That being said...

I'm sure it has become quite apparent to most that we are moving full into fourth density vibration on this planet. There is a huge shift in energy, resulting in changes on all levels. One of these changes that I have noticed in both myself and others is the obvious manifestation of the shadow self. There is a new level of truth permeating all life on this planet, and there are fewer and fewer places to hide self from self. The skeletons are pouring out of everyone's closets and everyone is becoming acquainted with the darkness they may not have realized existed inside of them. This is a natural part of the transition process.

Psychically sensitive people, such as empaths, will likely have an especially potentially difficult time with this transition, due to the fact that they take on the emotions and energies of those around them while often retaining an acute sense of alienation as well. It is a chaotic and confusing time- the storm that must be before peace. I know from experience that it is very easy to get caught up in the storm and find yourself giving in to feelings of anger, frustration and hopelessness when it all becomes absolutely overwhelming. It is easy to take the first steps on that downward spiral of depolarization and slip through the cracks.

I am NOT talking about the people who have actively dedicated themselves to the negative polarity- those fully aware of how and why they wish to pursue this path. This thread is not about them. This is about all of the genuinely positive people out there who happen to find themselves in the darkness and, in strange and unfamiliar territory, become easily confused and manipulated and find it harder and harder to climb back out. They may even think they belong in the darkness that surrounds them, though in their heart it feels unnatural and/or wrong. These are NOT, and I repeat, NOT bad or negative people. They are human beings doing what humans do, and we have ALL been there at some point.

For emotionally sensitive people...heck, for most people, reaching out for help in a situation like this can be extremely difficult, out of fear of criticism and reprimand, the jeopardizing of the reputation or simply due to ego issues and stubbornness (I'm pretty sure we've all been there, too). There may be the fear of placing a burden on other people, or of spreading perceived corruption to others. Just about all of the above were an issue for me during my sojourn through the darkness. It was like silently drowning, and I couldn't quite flail my arms hard enough to break the water's surface. As far as I know, only two people noticed the inner struggle and vocalized it in any way. And only one of those people made the effort to dive in after me and offer personal assistance. Without that person I likely wouldn't have made it out of the hole in this lifetime, at least not without some serious pain and suffering.

Now, if you haven't experienced any of this during your present lifetime, congratulations! You are in the perfect position to be the type of strong role models and counselors that can serve as lifelines to those in need. Because there are plenty of people struggling to make the adjustment right now. This does not make them weak, stupid or negatively inclined. It makes them growing, evolving beings presenting an opportunity to serve. The service I received was priceless, and in turn I seek to return to service- to be the hand for anyone who is silently drowning.

Be mindful of those around you. Do they seem withdrawn and depressed? Are they entertaining increasingly negative thoughts and hinging on nagging doubts and fears? Are they suddenly stopping dead on their path and looking around as if they don't know where they are? Have they seemed to have lost hope, given in to the frustration and been brought to their knees by a heavy burden? These are not warning signs of bad eggs. They are signs that a Lifeline might be needed, and anyone can be one. I would simply like to share what it was that brought me around...and perhaps teach others to be a Lifeline. We are all in this together, and if we don't support each other, we stand divided.

Firstly, a few things NOT to do (in my opinion, of course):

* Accuse the person of being STS (or demon-possessed, a heathen, a Sith Lord, etc.). Not only is this considered rude, insulting and offensive by the majority of people, but it promotes the type of aggressive, fear-based behavior that serves to deepen the hole. "They're all against me. Nobody understands." Would you walk up to someone who was about to take their own life and say "Wow, you are such a selfish bastard, you sinner!" Of course not. Spiritual self-harm follows the same principles.

*Lecture them and/or land-blast them with your own opinions. I have been on this side of the fence plenty of times, and I know the temptation to preach and/or unload all of one's thoughts and ideas out of the desire to help as quickly as possible is nigh overwhelming. However, at this point such behavior can simply overload the other person and cause them to shut down. Yes, the Lifeline most undoubtedly has wisdom to offer, and if the other person truly wants help then they will ask for it in time. There are layers of emotional release and healing that must be completed before any influx of wisdom can be absorbed, however. It is a delicate process that requires a slow, gentle and patient touch. So take a deep breath, cross your legs and wait a little bit longer.

*Point out all of the person's behaviors that you deem to be negative. Chances are they already know, and guilt is one of the most crippling stumbling blocks in the recovery process. It can utterly crush a person. If they want to confess, listen, but attempting to guilt trip the sense into a person is going to have the opposite effect in most cases.

*Panicking/Hovering. Yes, the person likely needs some special attention. Hinging on the subject to the point of badgering the person counts as more than special attention. It's called stalking. Responding to the revelation of dark feelings with "OH MY GOD", followed by "Are you okay? Are you okay? Are you okay?" is going to make a person feel like a mental patient on checks.

Now, some things that I found INCREDIBLY helpful in my time of need.

*Be available. If you're going to jump into the water after a person, you are going to get wet. Your service might include talking the person all through the night. It might involve sacrificing some of your pleasures or comforts to be there for them in an unpleasant situation. You may take on this person's pain, walk with them in their sorrow. You might even have to pick them up on your shoulders and carry them for a while. While it is important to give them their space, it is just as important to make yourself available in whatever way is needed, even if it involves watching the same crappy movie 13 times.

*Share your own challenges. Letting a struggling person know you have struggled, too, is a way of soothing the guilt and shame that often precede the healing process. This DOESN'T involve trying to trump the person's struggles with your own greater struggles. Turn it into a contest and the whole purpose is defeated. No "I had to walk twenty miles in the snow!" Just "I've been there. I know this is difficult for you, and I'm here. You're not alone." Those few sentences can give a person the strength to face an army of demons.

*Take the initiative. This doesn't mean staging an intervention. It means "Hey, you've seemed kind of depressed lately. Is there anything you'd like to talk about?" It's as simple as that. It is much easier to offer help than to ask for it. Be that guardian angel that swoops in just in the nick of time. No wings or halo required.

*Provide a positive environment. Give the person as much opportunity to experience positive stimuli as possible. Listen to upbeat music. Take a walk in the park. Talk about cheerful subjects. Do fun things together. Use humor. Use art. Cultivate beauty. Especially during the earliest stages of transition, it is important to exist within a comforting, positive, safe environment where healing can take place with as much purity as possible. Quite often dark stimuli will become like a drug, attempting to pull the person backwards even as they climb out. Criticizing every song the person listens to or their taste in dark clothing is not likely to produce productive results, but at least attempting to provide an environment conducive to healing can be a serious asset.

A Lifeline can literally be just that. I humbly admit that I was in dire need of one, and I am eternally grateful that one appeared when the darkness was closing in over my head. And all it takes to be one is the will to step forward.

You guys, you are not alone, and you are very much loved and appreciated for who and what you are. If anyone ever needs to talk, I would be happy to listen.

-Lynn

Unbound

It seems you have learned to swim, so next time I am only throwing you a lifesaver. Tongue

This was a wonderful post, and really spoke deep to me. Not least of all I just finished watching "Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close", which is an incredibly emotionally intense movie that actually perfectly displays this need through the "dark night of the soul". I went deep in to my heart reading this, and I really appreciate the simple truths you express here. Also, I recommend this movie to anyone!

Good stuff, blessings, adonai. Smile
couldnt agree more dear sister with your words. i figure its just got to express itself and at some point will burn itself out of its own accord. definitely not to feel bad about expressing your own personal darkness. i look at it like this , people like the bushes and cheney etc etc dont ever feel bad about anything , as my mom would say they are wrong and strong. so i figure if im "wrong" i can forgive myself and work thru it. thanks for the post right on point.

norral Heart
Excellent post !

Heart
Beautifully said, Lynn. Thank you!

Shin'Ar

Who we are in our thoughts is not who we are in reality. We have forgotten who we really are, and have become exposed to the many facets of our true nature without the benefit of our true identity. And because of that amnesia, we become victims to the fullness of our existence without the fullness of our identity.

This causes the human to be continuously afflicted with an onslaught of attributes and characteristics that are very difficult to balance and maintain without our full abilities as our true identity.

Look around you. The world is a place fraught with emotional baggage. There is not a human alive that does not experience emotion and suffer the need to somehow control it so it does not overwhelm them. The majority of us are loving creatures that will more often show compassion and tenderness than selfishness and greed. For the most part, the human tends toward love. It is the largest part of what we are. We also tend toward being intelligent for the same reason. These attributes are inherent within us from a Source responsible for All that exists. It is our design. For the most part when confronted with someone in need of help, we are compelled to assist out of an inner source deep within.

But we also have to contend with many other emotions which have assailed our lives via many experiences, not all of compassionate and loving ends. We are also creatures who tend toward wanting to enjoy pleasure and will sometimes sacrifice our inner well of compelling love for the inner well of satisfaction. And this happens in increments and degrees of influence of one over the other. And this happens within all of us.

This is just as much our design as any other aspect of us. If it is natural, than why does it matter to which we give ourselves over?

It matters because the choice that we make, and the character that we give ourselves over to, become who and what we are. And depending upon how far we go in a direction we can become either a detriment to our humanity or a benefit. So now the question becomes, is it better to think in terms of survival of the fittest, or in terms of sacrifice for love of humanity.

This is the bottom line differentiation that will define who and what we are, and paints the road we walk as the road to that which we shall become if we remain on it. And this is being represented here in the Ra Material as STS and STO.

There is no Grand Judgement to come upon us or some fictitious heaven or hell awaiting. Judgement is of the consciousness by each one alone, for only they can truly know the reason why they choose to walk in the direction they do. But there is discernment. And this is the matter of our being intelligent and rational about the choices we make as well as the choices that others make. Discernment is simply applying intelligent thought, and wisdom to a choice. This is the manifestation of out true identity. In this way God does become the Judge of mankind.

So it is not a matter of darkness being evil or Light being good. It is not a matter of right over wrong. It is definitely not a matter of individual perspective or judgement. It is a matter of our true identity understanding our true characteristics and being able to govern them in beneficial ways or allowing them to become chaotic and destructive. As individuals we make choices and than become what those choices create. As the One we are already what we have become.

And there are three manifestations of that One Being. These are the choices of being creative, sustaining or destructive. And all are within our character to become at all times.

In our temporary human form we also express these same manifestations of choice. And the same ability to discern their results on the creation around us. As humans, having forgotten our true identity, these choices become difficult to manage. And many times we will do one and later realize that we should have done another. The only thing we have to help us when we make mistakes, or come to realization that we need to change our direction, is reaching out to a hand of assistance.

And should it be that such a hand is not there when we need it, than we are left to our amnesia and the many ways that manifests itself in this creation. And many of those manifestations are very ugly, and very seductive. Without that helping hand those manifestations can consume our very being and lure us into the depths of that direction.

So, do you want to be the reaching hand, the beacon in the darkness, the time of assistance, or the lack of any of that?

More often than not, you will find yourself being all of those. So the real question is are you able to understand the difference, so that when a hand reaches out to you, instead of being insulted you can react in love. Remember that many have gone on e before us, and knowing things that we have not yet come to understand, they reach out to us. This has always been the way of the Ancient Ones. Knowing our plight and the struggle, having been through it themselves, and knowing our divine connection with each other as the All, they choose to and have become hands of assistance instead of hands of destruction. They have realized how to be sustaining and provide love and light where otherwise there would be only darkness and greed.

Which will you become?

Lynn, this is an exceedingly amazing, beautiful, heart-opening, coherent collection of thought.

The tiniest most minor tweak I would offer is to say that what one needs in a "lifeline" is highly variable, thus the "do's" and "don't's" may vary slightly from person to person. Otherwise I think this a MOST excellent and worthy set of guidelines for someone seeking to be of service to an other who is in the grip of her own pain, confusion, and blockage.

I don't think you explicitly stated this, but your subtext nevertheless contained the message that the one seeking to serve should be highly sensitive to the actual needs of the other, and respond according to those needs, whether it be for help preparing dinner, or company on the thirteenth watching of a movie. Wink

Thanks for this post. Heart

Brittany

You are right, Gary. The circumstances can vary vastly from person to person, which is why it is important, as you said, to actually listen and focus on what the person needs/desires instead of what you automatically assume they need (I am totally guilty of this one). Often this involves listening with the heart as well as the ears...some people, like me, can be extremely complicated in the signals they give, and there is never an element of absolute certainty. However, if you go into it with love and a pure intent for open service, I would say that 99.9% of the time the effort will be appreciated, down the road if not directly in the moment.

This is all based simply on my own experiences and things that other people have told me in conversation regarding their experiences. Perhaps I should have used "suggested" and "not suggested" instead of "do" and "don't", as it certainly isn't my place to boss anyone around or to establish a concrete code of behavior. As always, using one's own discernment and following one's highest idea is strongly encouraged.
(04-03-2012, 03:28 AM)ahktu Wrote: [ -> ]You are right, Gary. The circumstances can vary vastly from person to person, which is why it is important, as you said, to actually listen and focus on what the person needs/desires instead of what you automatically assume they need (I am totally guilty of this one). Often this involves listening with the heart as well as the ears...some people, like me, can be extremely complicated in the signals they give, and there is never an element of absolute certainty. However, if you go into it with love and a pure intent for open service, I would say that 99.9% of the time the effort will be appreciated, down the road if not directly in the moment.

Yeah, I would say half or more of the service is simply in the offering to be of service, and the stating (through verbal or other means) of the desire to be of aid to the other based upon the other's needs. Just knowing that someone is there for you, has you in their heart, is willing to expend energy/time/resources to help you, is often a great facilitator of healing of self by the self.

(04-03-2012, 03:28 AM)ahktu Wrote: [ -> ]This is all based simply on my own experiences and things that other people have told me in conversation regarding their experiences. Perhaps I should have used "suggested" and "not suggested" instead of "do" and "don't", as it certainly isn't my place to boss anyone around or to establish a concrete code of behavior. As always, using one's own discernment and following one's highest idea is strongly encouraged.

You opened with the all-important disclaimer: "1.This entire post is IMHO and based mostly upon my own experiences. In no way do I claim to have a monopoly on human experience."

And that idea was written into your words, it just wasn't spelled out that this may vary from person to person.

Were I a teacher and you in my class, I would give you an A++ for this paper.

But I'm not, so I only respond with appreciation and admiration for the intrinsic beauty of this expression of self.

: ) GLB

Brittany

It's kind of odd that you say that. I just got my aura photographed at a psychic fair on Sunday, and the lady that interprets the photographs screamed "OH MY GOD!" as soon as she saw the picture, then said that if I was in a class and she was my teacher, she would give me an A+++++. Seems I am really racking up the good grades. :p
I know for a fact i have contacted and shared ideas with people in dreams, i seam to that a lot these days.

I feel we are always communicating at so many levels...

Blessings to All.
Struck me deep. Great post new friend. Smile
Ahktu, your post was beautiful. It resonated deeply within me. I am now at a time where I am finding my role as a lifeline. It is difficult as being a lifeline as it is a tightrope of absorbing their negativity while radiating positivity, and knowing when to give advice when asked, and knowing when even when asked they are not yet ready for the advice for they have their own darker path they must go down before discovering the light...you have much wisdom Smile
Thank you for sharing Lynn that is very beautiful of you ZZzz

May your light reach all Heart
This level of service is exactly what was needed to help humanity increase its harvestability. To be a beacon of Light for another is a pure and noble method of guidance. The will to walk beside and guide through the shadows is the direct expression of Love in this reality. Standing by their side and holding their hand may be the only connection to Source, or their Self, that they can perceive. You can only see the light that touches you.