Bring4th

Full Version: Thought forms
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everyone,

I was thinking most recently about thought forms (that is to say, I was forming thoughts on the thought of thought forms...) and was trying to figure out exactly what they are. In Book 1 Ra explains that many supposed UFO sightings were not actually ships but "thought-forms". I take from this they appeared as a mirage or sorts? Ra explains at a different time that they themselves appeared to the Egyptians via thought- so that they themselves were thought-forms (or mirages?) in appearance- not exactly appearing in the flesh. In the introduction to Book 1 Don speculates that the artifacts from psychic surgery, ghosts and other visual phenomena may indeed be thought forms also.

When one considers that the reality in which we exist is an illusion, all things seem possible and the distinction between "real" and "mirage" do not seem so concrete. Perhaps a thought-form is not so much a visual illusion as it is a real thing- the difference being it was produced by thought and not classical means. Or perhaps not?

I'm curious if anyone here has drawn different speculation than I have, and if so, what are your thoughts on the thoughtful topic of thought forms?

ayadew

As you say, distinction between "real" and "mirage" is not meaningful and/or possible for entities such as Ra. A "thought-form" would then be something special that is only applicable in a limited reality setting such as ours, and not "full" reality where there is no difference.
"Thought-forms" would thus be what we see as physical and may be shared through the objective world we currently share.
Likely the term "thought-form" is applicable in other reality settings, maybe 4D and above, but what do we know. Smile
Thought forms are an interesting topic. Again, please forgive the length of the post, but I find it necessary to look at several quotes to really get a feel for them.

Let's explore some important aspects of thought forms:

1. Thought forms can be memories drawn from our societal memory
The Law of One, Book I, Session 6 Wrote:Questioner: Photographs of bell-shaped craft and reports of contact of such from Venus exist from less than thirty years ago. Do you have any knowledge of these reports?

Ra: I am Ra. We have knowledge of Oneness with these forays of your time/space present. We are no longer of Venus. However, there are thought-forms created among your peoples from our time of walking among you. The memory and thought-forms created, therefore, are a part of your society-memory complex. This mass consciousness, as you may call it, creates the experience once more for those who request such experience. The present Venus population is no longer sixth-density.

The Law of One, Book I, Session 26 Wrote:The thought-form experiences are subjective and, for the most part, do not
occur in this density.

2. Thought forms can be tangible and/or experienced as tangible and targeted to specific individual entities
The Law of One, Book I, Session 7 Wrote:Secondly, there is permission granted, not to break quarantine by dwelling among you, but to appear in thought form capacity for those who have eyes to see.

The Law of One, Book I, Session 8 Wrote:Questioner: Would it be possible for any of us to have contact with the Confederation in a more direct way?

Ra: I am Ra. In observing the distortions of those who underwent this experiential sequence we decided to gradually back off, shall I say, from direct contact in thought-form. The least distortion seems to be available in mind-to-mind communication. Therefore, the request to be taken aboard is not one we care to comply with. You are most valuable in your present
orientation.

The Law of One, Book I, Session 12 Wrote:Questioner: Who are the Men in Black?

Ra: I am Ra. The Men in Black are a thought-form type of entity which have some beingness to their make-up. They have certain physical characteristics given them. However, their true vibrational nature is without third-density vibrational characteristics and, therefore, they are able to materialize and dematerialize when necessary.

The Law of One, Book I, Session 3 Wrote:Questioner: Was the pyramid then built by the mutual action of many?

Ra: I am Ra. The pyramids which we thought/built were constructed thought-forms created by our social memory complex.

3. Thought forms are created by thought, even by humans
The Law of One, Book I, Session 12 Wrote:Questioner: What is a balancing pyramid?

Ra: I am Ra. Imagine, if you will, the many force fields of the Earth in their geometrically precise web. Energies stream into the Earth planes, as you would call them, from magnetically determined points. Due to growing
thought-form distortions in understanding of the Law of One, the planet itself was seen to have the potential for imbalance.

The Law of One, Book I, Session 16 Wrote:Questioner: Then if an entity daydreams strongly about battling an entity, would this occur?

Ra: I am Ra. In this case the entity’s fantasy concerns the self and other-self, this binding the thought-form to the possibility/probability complex connected with the self which is the creator of this thought-form. This then would increase the possibility/probability of bringing this into third-density occurrence.

Questioner: Does the Orion group use this principle to create conditions favorable to suit their purpose?

Ra: I am Ra. We will answer more specifically than the question. The Orion group uses daydreams of hostile or other negative natures to feed back or strengthen these thought-forms.

4. Thought forms generally have their true manifestation in the astral planes
The Law of One, Book I, Session 17 Wrote:Questioner: Who inhabits the astral and devachanic planes?

Ra: I am Ra. Entities inhabit the various planes due to their vibration/nature. The astral plane varies from thought-forms in the lower extremities to enlightened beings who become dedicated to teach/learning in the higher astral planes.

The Law of One, Book II, Session 43 Wrote:Questioner: Are you saying, then, that these parts that are removed are related to the mass consciousness of the third-density human form and that this fear is being used in some way by the thought-form entities in these mutilations?

Ra: I am Ra. This is correct. The thought-form entities feed upon fear; thus they are able to do precise damage according to systems of symbology. The other second-density types of which you speak need the, what you call, blood.

Questioner: These other second-density types need the blood to remain in the physical? Do they come in and out of our physical from one of the lower astral planes?

Ra: I am Ra. These entities are, shall we say, creatures of the Orion group. They do not exist in astral planes as do the thought-forms but wait within the Earth’s surface. We, as always, remind you that it is our impression that this type of information is unimportant.

5. Thought forms can become attached to mind/body/spirit complexes with both beneficial or deleterious effects
The Law of One, Book II, Session 40 Wrote:These are those substances showing respect for the self. In addition, though this has not been mentioned for this instrument is not in need of purification, those entities in need of purging the self of a poison thought-form or emotion complex do well to take care in following a program of careful fasting until the destructive thought-form has been purged analogously with the by-products of ridding the physical vehicle of excess material. Again you see the value not to the body complex but used as a link for the mind and spirit. Thus self reveals self to self.

The Law of One, Book IV, Session 76 Wrote:Questioner: Of the three things that you mentioned that we could do for the instrument’s benefit, would you clarify the last one? I didn’t quite understand what you meant.

Ra: I am Ra. As the entity which you are allows its being to empathize with any other being, so then it may choose to share with the other-self those energies which may be salubrious to the other-self. The mechanism of these energy transfers is the thought or, more precisely, the thought-form for any thought is a form or symbol or thing that is an object seen in time/space reference.

The Law of One, Book IV, Session 83 Wrote:Ra: I am Ra. There has been that which is called disease, both of this type and others, before and after this great experiment. However, since the venereal disease is in large part a function of the thought-forms of a distorted nature which are associated with sexual energy blockage the venereal disease is almost entirely the product of mind/body/spirit complexes’ interaction after the veiling.

So in general thought-forms are thoughts that take on form. As such, they are much more than mirages. Some thought-forms can be perceived as real, even by the entire worldly population (one could interpret one of the quotes above to say that some of the pyramids are actually thought-forms presenting in physical 3D). By thinking, we each create thought-forms, so we can see the truth in the adage "Be careful what you wish for, you just might get it". I think that this also points to the method whereby prayer can influence health. By attaching our thought-forms to the possibility/probability vortex of a person's recovery, we can influence it, but we cannot control it.

Please accept this as fodder for further discussion.

Love and Light,

3D Sunset
Good Lord 3D, that was an epic post! It will take me a few times reading that through to fully digest all that you have presented here. Certainly at a glance it has given me a better idea.

So we might summarize that thought forms mean literally what they are called- That being forms that are manifested with thought. But if they are really forms, and not so called mirages, how would you interpret the following?

Quote:12.12 Questioner: Did they have any of their craft in our area at that time?

Ra: I am Ra. There was no craft. There was a thought-form.

It sounds as though Ra were drawing a real line between a tangible thing and a "thought form" here. Perhaps there are many different types (or maybe a thought form becomes more 'form' as thought is added to it?) Which might tie in to the next thought:

It seems perhaps, based on some of the examples you have provided that thought forms are or could be affiliated with the Law of Attraction. I.e. something you focus your intent on to manifest something. I know we have a thread here for that somewhere that I may investigate further...
(09-03-2009, 08:59 PM)Lavazza Wrote: [ -> ]It sounds as though Ra were drawing a real line between a tangible thing and a "thought form" here. Perhaps there are many different types (or maybe a thought form becomes more 'form' as thought is added to it?) Which might tie in to the next thought:

I offered this variety of quotes to show, among other things, the spectrum of thought forms that exist. Upon further reflection, I believe that through-form may more appropriately be thought of as a dichotomy (thought/form) than a distinct state of existence. That is to say that it is a continuum that moves farther from thought to form based upon the strength of the thought. The more the thought is repeated or strengthened, the more it moves from thought/form into form/thought.

An entity as evolved and single focused as Ra, can place the thought/form very far into form/thought. Thus we have the possibility of pyramids created by thought alone, but also taking on real substance and form. On the other side, we have daydreams that rarely move beyond the thought side (thought/form). In between, we have some diseases, the power of prayer, "mythical" creatures or monsters (Yeti, Big Foot, Nessie, mermaids, etc.), Men in Black, many UFO sightings, and some precognitive events.

Note that thought/forms will be strengthened by the power of the number of people thinking the thought. Thus one of my interests in having as many of us as possible think the thought of the world polarizing toward harmony.

(09-03-2009, 08:59 PM)Lavazza Wrote: [ -> ]It seems perhaps, based on some of the examples you have provided that thought forms are or could be affiliated with the Law of Attraction. I.e. something you focus your intent on to manifest something. I know we have a thread here for that somewhere that I may investigate further...

Yes, I think that the relationship between the two is (as Ra would say), one of congruence. The law of attraction is the act of using thought/forms to realize a desired state.

By the way, this discussion is a great example of how teach/learning is a dichotomy. Until you asked the question and I investigated it and replied, I had only an misty concept of that thought/forms were a dichotomy. Intuitively, I felt that something like this was the case, but now it is much more tangible and logical to me. Thus in the process of "teaching" (and I humbly ask your forgiveness of my presumptuously assuming that I have taught), I have "learned". Still, one must remember that this is only my perspective and is, I'm sure, full of distortions. But it does hold together nicely in my mind.

So, let's keep those cards and letters coming!

Love and Light,

3D Sunset
(09-04-2009, 09:08 AM)3D Sunset Wrote: [ -> ]Upon further reflection, I believe that through-form may more appropriately be thought of as a dichotomy (thought/form) than a distinct state of existence.

I must say, I think this makes a lot of sense. Likely as not, Jim interpreted Ra's words as "thought-form" because it seems to make sense in that configuration, whereas Ra really intended it as thought/form. Good catch! It completely explains the gradation of such phenomena from hardly tangible (ghosts, etc) to perhaps mid-tangible (UFOs?) to very tangible (Pyramids- although the Lavazza jury is still out on that subject! Smile )

The only thing left to find on the thought-form vs. thought/form topic is the smoking gun, which would be Ra's use of the terminology form/thought. Does that crop up anywhere in the texts?

(09-04-2009, 09:08 AM)3D Sunset Wrote: [ -> ]Note that thought/forms will be strengthened by the power of the number of people thinking the thought. Thus one of my interests in having as many of us as possible think the thought of the world polarizing toward harmony.

Agreed. I would like to explore this further sometime. I've often thought about how real world events are swayed by the attention of millions of people. As an aside to this, have you ever read about the Global Consciousness Project, that Dean Radin is involved with? The basic premise is that our attention / consciousness en mass can influence material things (nothing new for us, but new for the scientific community, and it's nice that science is beginning to pay attention (no pun intended...)) Link: http://noosphere.princeton.edu/

(09-04-2009, 09:08 AM)3D Sunset Wrote: [ -> ]By the way, this discussion is a great example of how teach/learning is a dichotomy. Until you asked the question and I investigated it and replied, I had only an misty concept of that thought/forms were a dichotomy. Intuitively, I felt that something like this was the case, but now it is much more tangible and logical to me. Thus in the process of "teaching" (and I humbly ask your forgiveness of my presumptuously assuming that I have taught), I have "learned". Still, one must remember that this is only my perspective and is, I'm sure, full of distortions. But it does hold together nicely in my mind.

Excellent! I'm happy to have provided the opportunity, and happier still that our discourse is symbiotic. I'm certainly taking a GREAT deal of understanding away from these sessions, so your preemptive apology for assumptions made are falling on deaf ears here. Smile I read at least a few pages of TLOO each night, ever bookmarking as I go, so have no fear that my questioning will cease anytime soon.

The inspired pupil,
Lavazza
Lavazza Wrote:The only thing left to find on the thought-form vs. thought/form topic is the smoking gun, which would be Ra's use of the terminology form/thought. Does that crop up anywhere in the texts?

Sadly, it does not, but that need not dissuade us, as it may have seemed an unimportant dichotomy or even an obvious one. Ra does talk about 4D vibrations allowing thoughts to become "things".

The Law of One, Book II, Session 40 Wrote:Questioner: Has the vibration of the photon increased in frequency already?

Ra: I am Ra. This is correct. It is this influence which has begun to cause thoughts to become things. As an example you may observe the thoughts of anger becoming those cells of the physical bodily complex going out of control to become what you call the cancer.

Stated another way, we see Ra referring to such cancers as form/thought diseases. Here Ra discusses the relationship between thoughts and beings:

The Law of One, Book II, Session 25 Wrote:Questioner: Can you tell me what the adept, after being able to hold the image for several minutes, does to affect planetary consciousness or affect positive polarity?

Ra: I am Ra. When the positive adept touches intelligent infinity from within, this is the most powerful of connections for it is the connection of the whole mind/body/spirit complex microcosm with the macrocosm. This connection enables the, shall we say, green-ray true color in time/space to manifest in your space/time. In green ray thoughts are beings. In your illusion this is normally not so.

Now Ra discusses the power of group thoughts:

Ra, Book I, Session 25 Wrote:Ra: I am Ra. Picture, if you will, your mind. Picture it then in total unity with all other minds of your society. You are then single-minded and that which is a weak electrical charge in your physical illusion is now an enormously powerful machine whereby thoughts may be projected as things.

The list goes on, but whether it be as a true dichotomy or not, there is clearly a relationship between thoughts and forms and even beings that vary in tangibility according to the strength of the thought. As a brief aside, in the process of writing this response, I was strongly attracted to this intriguing quote:

The Law of One, Book I, Session 26 Wrote:Questioner: Then did the Confederation step up its program of helping planet Earth some time late in this last major cycle? It seems that they did from previous data, especially with the Industrial Revolution. Can you tell me the attitudes and the reasonings behind this? is there any reason other than they just wanted to produce more leisure time in the last, say, one hundred years of the cycle? Is this the total reason?

Ra: I am Ra. This is not the total reason. Approximately two hundred of your years in the past, as you measure time, there began to be a significant amount of entities who by seniority were incarnating for learn/teaching purposes rather than for the lesser of the learn/teachings of those less aware of the process. This was our signal to enable communication to take place. The Wanderers which came among you began to make themselves felt at approximately this time, firstly offering ideas or thoughts containing the distortion of free will. This was the prerequisite for further Wanderers which had information of a more specific nature to offer. The thought must precede the action.

Although this is tangential to the subject of thought/forms, I find it compelling in that it talks about the importance of thoughts about "Free Will" before tangible action could be taken by the Confederation to answer a call. The timing that Ra refers to is coincident with the American Revolution and adds another dimension to the calls for "Freedom" encapsulated in it. We have also heard that many of our Founding Fathers were in reality Wanderers. From this statement we can see the power of their Free Will call, which probably set the stage for the present time incarnation of many wanderers at this site now.

Love and Light,

3D Sunset
Quote:...From this statement we can see the power of their Free Will call, which probably set the stage for the present time incarnation of many wanderers at this site now...

The "stage" of the Ra Materials appears a conversation based upon a question and answer format where Ra offers much of the answers and affirmations. In one important sense, a question can seem to offer a tension that is somehow resolved by an answer. In some sense then, the roles of questioner and answerer seem a simple structure that complements the notion of seeking with Free Will.

By contrast, a forum where people post ideas related to some topic may have some lesser degree of question/answer seeking tension. There seems a remote possibility that any ideas shared may be of any interest to anyone. One could argue that a person who has the gumption to ask a direct question, may more likely follow up for an answer than otherwise.

In this context then, the practice of using such a simple stage of question and answer may be an important teach/learning tool for people trying "To Better Live the Law of One." For example, a forum thread called "Q&A Game" could include posts having three components: The question, an answer to the question, and then another question for the next poster who plays along in such a Game. I suggest this as another example of many thought forms we share together here. Game?

paddy
Returning to the nature of thought-forms, we deal with these all the time on a minor level. I think about typing this sentence, then it appears is a trivial example. It exists in the form of thought, then it becomes some sort of electronic reality.

A more substantial example might be the fact that a black man is now President of the US of A. This "thought" or realized concept will no doubt linger and continue to have an influence on world culture for some time to come.

Another work-a-day example is in the mechanics of the dream realm. There, quite clearly thoughts and things are all made of the same stuff.

On a practical level, IMO, this gets back to the question of crystallization and the so called "magical personality." [Funny term.] As Ra describes, the more an entity regularizes it's energy patterns by focusing it's dedication to it's polarity, the more capacity there is to operate on this outer plane in such a way that the increased efficiency of one's energy vehicle is more conducive to melting the apparent distinction between thoughts and things. Increased efficiency outwardly is a product of increased work done inwardly. Why? Because the outward is a concretization of the past states of the inward, no?

Just a thought.

~P