Bring4th

Full Version: The key is silence
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Carla mentioned a passage from the Law of One in her show tonight. It had to do with 'silence":

Quote:5.2 We begin with the mental learn/teachings necessary for contact with intelligent infinity. The prerequisite of mental work is the ability to retain silence of self at a steady state when required by the self. The mind must be opened like a door. The key is silence.

meditation has to be quiet?

not done with music?
I always understood that to refer to inner silence, not outer.
If you can obtain silence of self while music is playing then that's great. It means you will be able to enter this state whatever sounds you have about you.

The key is silence of self. To stop thinking. To not follow thoughts that are arising.
There's nothing wrong with music, as Valtor said, if it helps you to shut off the internal dialogue. Note that when you do shut it off, you may not be aware of the music anymore. Smile

I do think that any meditation helps. Even if a person doesn't achieve inner silence, they can at least become calm, centered, and reaffirm their intention to become silent. It is a break from modern-day life and all the busyness and "stuff."
Though certainly a quiet, calm, peaceful outer environment helps in meditation, it is not exactly needed if one can already reach that inner state of tranquility that is called silence or stillness.

Remember, the outer has always sprung out if the inner.

There are varying degrees of depth to meditation, shall we say. One can meditate while taking a shower, while baking bread, or even at work every day. How deep you go into it will be determined by the degree in which you "lose yourself" to the outer world. You can use this as a measuring gauge of sorts.

"Meditate" comes from the Latin root meditat, meditari, which simply means to ponder deeply, as a state of devout, profound, prayerful contemplation. One need not "stop" thinking (as it is mis-taught among various spiritual/esoteric schools). You are Thought after all. And meditation is by defect a process of the mind. Note the similarity between meditation and mentation.

Think of meditation as a medium or intermedium (from Latin medius, median, "of the middle") to find your middle-ground, to center yourself, to find your focus, your still-point.

One can use music and other tools to aid in the process of meditation. But again, there are varying degrees to the depths of meditation than can be attained—and this has a lot to do with the intensity of will/faith of the seeker and his/her own degree of awareness/consciousness/intelligence (as well as its given biases, distortions and limitation). Yet no matter what tool is used to assist/guide/stimulate the seeker in this process, one can still reach the point in which all external notion of sound or time or space fade from the mind's perception/awareness (and yet this doesn't change the fact that the music is still playing in your room, and the clock is still ticking).

So yes, the key or gateway to Intelligent Infinity is the deepest, innermost focus within oneself that is translated/perceived as silence or stillness. And yes, one can still meditate with the aid of music to help in setting the appropriate "ambience," shall we say ("the right mood"), or space/time and time/space configurations which are conducive to achieving a meditative/trance-like state.

Great post above, Siren. Smile

(04-07-2012, 12:48 PM)Siren Wrote: [ -> ]Yet no matter what tool is used to assist/guide/stimulate the seeker in this process, one can still reach the point in which all external notion of sound or time or space fade from the mind's perception/awareness (and yet this doesn't change the fact that the music is still playing in your room, and the clock is still ticking).

A wave exists until it is observed and then becomes a particle (double-slit experiment). So, I will have to take issue about the clock. Tongue

(04-07-2012, 10:17 AM)plenum Wrote: [ -> ]Carla mentioned a passage from the Law of One in her show tonight. It had to do with 'silence":

Quote:5.2 We begin with the mental learn/teachings necessary for contact with intelligent infinity. The prerequisite of mental work is the ability to retain silence of self at a steady state when required by the self. The mind must be opened like a door. The key is silence.

not done with music?
I think the idea is to be able to listen. How can one recognize the "time/space accumulation of present moments available" ?

3DMonkey

(04-07-2012, 10:17 AM)plenum Wrote: [ -> ]Carla mentioned a passage from the Law of One in her show tonight. It had to do with 'silence":

not done with music?

Hu...wha?

What was that? I wasnt listening.

Music might help you stop thinking about things, your mind going off in various directions, until you get it into a calm state. OTOH, you don't want to pay attention to that music. You want to pay attention to nothing, nada, zilch. So probably on your own you will leave behind the music, especially if you can get out into a quiet patch of nature. When there, appreciate the surroundings for a bit, then tune your psychic radio to channel one and let the data download for later processing. ZZzz
All of the music I have created is specifically intended as meditative aids, and indeed many of my successful deep meditative experiences have been colored by music. In my case it is much more effective than meditation without music because with the music on I am able to deliver the 432hz tone to my consciousness, and the vehicle for this tone for me is through the music I've made. I stress the great significance and benefits of meditation while being subjected to 432hz. The inner silence begins to give rise to much, much more.