Bring4th

Full Version: Learning to remember
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello to all. I am not very good at starting stories and I sometimes can be jumpy in going from one thing to another, so bear with me please Blush My name is Ashley, although I prefer to go by my middle name, Naomi (it seems to fit me better). I am 25, married to an amazing husband and we have 3 children.
A little background...I have always thought of myself as 'different', even from a very young age in elementary school (I'll touch more on that in a bit though). Growing up, I was raised half of my life as a Jehovah's Witness. My parents fought quite a bit, we lived in a poor neighborhood in Ohio (USA) and I tended to be a very outspoken, and sometimes misbehaved, child. But still, I had a big heart and was always trying to help others. My parents were always amazed at how I was able to empathize for others even at such a young age. My parents went through a very long and nasty divorce/custody battle for my younger brother and me when I was about 6 or 7 years old, during which, we stopped practicing our religion and stopped going to what others typically call 'church'. My father eventually got custody of my brother and me when I was about 9 years old. But even through it all, my parents were still wonderful parents to my brother and me and loved us more than anything. I never really had "real" friends growing up. It seemed I never quite "fit in". I tried though, sometimes doing things I didn't really want to (or that I thought I wanted to) in order for others to like and me befriend me. I was always desperate for attention and close friendships with others (as it seemed everyone had their 'cliche' or at least a best friend to whom they trusted and confided in, but I didn't have this), which looking back, only led me down even more negative paths as I entered my teenage years. As I entered my teenage years, I was out of control; drugs, alcohol, getting in trouble with my parents, etc. Still, though, even while getting in trouble with my parents, I still always had a yearning to help others. I would volunteer at various organizations helping others, and I always had the "I want to save the world" attitude when it came to helping others with their problems. It was a very strange combination, as you can see, and it caused a lot of turmoil and conflict within me. But it was me. Looking back, I think the acting out & experimenting with the various things was my way of further trying to "find myself" and figure out what was so ‘off’ about me and why I didn't seem to belong here. But even through this all, I still knew *something* was different with me, I just couldn't put my finger on it. I even went as far as to look into the possibility of vampires, aliens, witches, etc to see if anything about these resonated with me. While I had fun reading and learning about these various subjects, only one resonated with me. Aliens. But everything I found in my local library had to do with the Hollywood version of big-headed 'aliens' who may or may not exist, and if they do, they're probably out to kill us all! As you can imagine, that didn't sit well with me as I knew deep down that if there were ET’s, they probably weren’t out to kill all of us. Did I think I was some sort of ET who was here for some unknown reason at the time? No. But I did feel a pull in that direction that urged me to find out more information about it all. The problem was, was that internet still wasn’t a big hit (at my house anyway) and the local library didn’t have many resources. So my research was very limited and cut short. But I still had other interests that I was very much so interested in and was able to find more reliable sources with. I had always been interested in astronomy and ancient Egypt. I don't know why, and back then, I never knew the two to be as related as I now realize they are on some levels. I got my first tiny telescope (tiny compared to my current one that is only one inch shorter than me lol) when I was 13 and would spend HOURS looking through it. Looking at the night skies was the only time I ever, in my life, felt an at-home type of feeling. I learned all the galaxies, nebulae, and planets I could learn about. But I gravitated toward the planet Venus. I knew everything there was to know about that planet. Then, I started reading more and more about ancient Egypt. I was 16 when I bought a book that taught how to read and write hieroglyphics. And right about then, my life changed. I got pregnant with my first child. It was like my world did a complete 180. I eliminated as much negativity in my life as I could. No more smoking, drugs, alcohol, sneaking out, getting into trouble. My life suddenly was not just about me. I had a child to look after and I needed to find a positive path to raise her on.
Fast forward to present time. There were many ups and downs between then and now, but that is another story that would be much longer than this one. After being married, having 2 more children, and going to college on, I still found that deep down, the feelings of being not belonging here are still very much present. Late last summer/early fall, I felt an urge to learn more. Start my own soul search, if you will. I wanted, I needed to find whatever it was that I felt was missing or lacking in my life. Don’t get me wrong, I love my life but when there is something missing, it doesn’t feel complete and having one small puzzle piece missing can be as bad as not having any put together at all sometimes. It wasn’t until February this year that I came across the LOO, and that gap started to fill up for me. It wasn’t instant though. It wasn’t until the beginning of last month that one night I decided to get my telescope out on a very clear night. I spent a few hours outside listening to some relaxing meditation-type music, and then I decided to call it a night. But before I put everything back in the garage, I wanted to lie on the ground and meditate. As I did, I felt and saw some things I never had before. My feet/legs/hands began to tingle, almost like that feeling when your arm or leg falls asleep, and then I started seeing flashes of colors. Many different colors. It started off as a purple, then blue, red, orange/yellowish, then back to purple. About a minute after this happened, my husband had come outside to check on me and thought I was asleep to he attempted to “wake me up.” Scared the crap out of me! Haha! But I went inside and immediately started looking up what those colors might have meant and even spoke to a friend of mine who is very familiar with LOO/chakras/meditation/etc and between what he mentioned and what I read from others online, it seemed that I was opening up some blockages I had in my chakras and that it’s fairly common to experience this. Ever since that night, it’s like a spark lit a fire and I was awake. I want to learn, no, remember as much as I can. I believe deep down, we already know everything we need to know. We just need to remember. And that is what I try to do every day. The more I remember, the more fulfilled and positive this life becomes. The more and more I want to help others and spread love to every other self. I’ve never felt more alive, more awake, than I do now. Of course, this is just the beginning to a long and wonderful journey, but I am enjoying every step of it. I still have much to learn/remember, but I am so very thankful to have this place with other selves who understand and who I can speak to. Much love, Naomi.

seejay21

welcome to the forum, and thank you for sharing your story. You're going to fit right in. Smile

Btw, what is the most amazing thing you know about Venus? What else can you tell us about the stars?
Welcome !

Unbound

That is very cool, I believe what you perceived to be is what I call the "astral light", or as it perhaps is more accurate the etheric flow, and this would happen as blockages release as more energy will suddenly fly in to your Third Eye and cause a rapid opening of the perceptive faculties. Very interesting, welcome to the forum, good to meet you, deepest blessings, shanti, adonai.

Shin'Ar

Naomi, did you see these colors with your eyes closed or open?

Brittany

Hullo and welcome. Smile
Nice introduction.
Welcome and have fun.
Welcome Naomi - what a beautiful story/experience you've shared with us.

I completely agree with you that ". . . deep down, we already know everything we need to know. We just need to remember."

Love and light!
Welcome here, Naomi! It was a perfectly followable story, so do not worry about it : )
There are many good threads about the aliens here - amongst many others -, so you will be able to explore that idea further and further.
Thank you all for the warm welcome! I'm looking forward to spending time on these forums and getting to know you all.

Seejay- With Venus, I think the most interesting facts are those that show how similar Venus and Earth are in some aspects. The size/mass of each are similar, they both have the greenhouse effect (and because of Venus' extreme greenhouse effect, it is the hottest known planet in our solar system even though it is the second closest to the sun), and Venus, at one time, was very similar to the conditions we live in on Earth (surprise, surprise hehe). I could go on and on about Venus though. You may not want to get me started Tongue

TheEternal- Thank you for the reply. I will look more into that. Very interesting! Smile

Shin'Ar- My eyes were closed when it occurred. Although I'm curious to know why you asked? Smile

Shin'Ar

(04-12-2012, 06:38 PM)NefertitiNaomi Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you all for the warm welcome! I'm looking forward to spending time on these forums and getting to know you all.

Seejay- With Venus, I think the most interesting facts are those that show how similar Venus and Earth are in some aspects. The size/mass of each are similar, they both have the greenhouse effect (and because of Venus' extreme greenhouse effect, it is the hottest known planet in our solar system even though it is the second closest to the sun), and Venus, at one time, was very similar to the conditions we live in on Earth (surprise, surprise hehe). I could go on and on about Venus though. You may not want to get me started Tongue

TheEternal- Thank you for the reply. I will look more into that. Very interesting! Smile

Shin'Ar- My eyes were closed when it occurred. Although I'm curious to know why you asked? Smile

well, not everyone sees colors behind closed eyes. And the colors that you claim to have seen are the colors that I also experience.

But I am curious if this is what you always see behind your eyelids or was it just that one time?
Shin'Ar- I've always seen sort of like odd patterns when closing my eyes, some with vague colors. But this was unlike anything I had ever had happen before. They were very bright flashing (almost strobe-like flashing) colors.

Shin'Ar

This is what happens when the pineal gland is actively increased in function.
Welcome to the forum, Naomi. May you be blessed in all moments of your existence.
Hi Naomi, thank you for sharing your story.

I feel it encourage me, to focus more on meditation ,)

Thanks for sharing. It's definitely an interesting read and similar to my own in many aspects. Glad to see you rose up to the challenge of bringing a child into this world and didn't shrink away as many do.

Good luck in your search. Hope you find what you're looking for! If you do, see if mine is there as well, would ya? Thanks, LOL.