Bring4th

Full Version: The Transformation of the Body
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Transformation of the Body: The Phoenix

[Image: 4k2Dj.jpg]

Questioner: We have already discussed the Significator, so I will skip number thirteen. The Transformation of the Body is called Death, for with death the body is transformed to a higher vibrational body for additional learning. Is this correct?

Ra: I am Ra. This is correct and may be seen to be additionally correct in that each moment and certainly each diurnal period of the bodily incarnation offers death and rebirth to one which is attempting to use the catalyst which is offered it.

The movements of the body, like the other three complexes, are gradual and smooth when change is spurred by the Catalyst archetypes. However, change takes a quantum shift when the Transformation archetypes are active. This phenomenon can be witnessed by anyone who has engaged in some kind of practice for an extended period of time. When I began playing guitar, I learned to do many different things fairly rapidly, then the learning "plateaued". This is not to say that I ceased improving upon my guitar playing; rather, my growth was more gradual and not as easily observed from day to day. Then another spike occurred. Somehow I learned to see my guitar playing a little bit differently and this change affected my entire approach, so I experienced another period of very rapid growth. Then another plateau followed this trend.

The plateau experience is the growth spurred forward by the Catalyst of the Body -- in my example, my commitment of energy to playing guitar in such and such a way in a fairly regular manner. The spike experience is spurred forward by the Transformation of the Body -- in my example, a fundamental change in the way I approached the act of playing guitar affected every aspect of my playing. One such change was when I began to incorporate muted strums. Another was when I began dabbling in lead style bridges. The old patterns of play died and gave way to new patterns, and my entire style transformed, openning up new directions for the gradual growth in the plateau period which would inevitably follow.

All three Transformation cards are deeply connected in ways that are perhaps more obvious than any other classification of archetype. I find that one Transformation is often accompanied by the other two in some way. Nevertheless, I'll keep the discussion focused on the Phoenix.

The Transformation of the Body, as all archetype cards, is operative on all levels of my experience, from the macrocosm of the Cycle of Third Density on our planet Earth, to the instantaneous moments that bring even the smallest changes in mind and body. On the highest macrocosmic level, the Phoenix can be seen in the Earth Changes that we are now experiencing (in tandem with the Transformations of Mind and Spirit which are accompanying them in this time of Harvest). In the next lower macrocosmic level, the decaying of our current social systems are another kind of death and rebirth. Moving down the microcosmic chain, we can see the fall of the American empire and the rise of India as a Transformation of the Body, as well as the fall of old institutions and the new ones which take their places.

In my life, the Phoenix has taken the shape of a move from one city to another, an abrupt change of employment, and even a little slapping and muting in my guitar strumming patterns. The offering of death and rebirth at any moment is the offering to release some kind of bodily experience in order to allow a new one to take its place. If you want to experience such a transformation, you can induce it by fasting, having a yard sale, moving, quitting your job, taking a vacation, etc.

This is how I interpret the specific symbols on this card:

The skeleton is the self in its bodily emptiness. This is the Phoenix burned up and in ashes upon the ground. It is this moment of emptiness upon which the entire Transformation turns, for it is only when you empty your body that you will be able to manifest something new.

The scythe is a harvesting tool. As Shin'Ar has pointed out in his excellent synthetic Archetype thread, the skeleton seems to be harvesting from among the remains of previous incarnations. At the moment of emptiness, a decision must be made as to what the next experience will be. In any induced Transformation of the Body, this is a critical point: it is not enough to simply fast: in the process of fasting, one must review previous incarnations of the aspect of the body which is changing and find in these previous incarnations that which is to become the new body. My wife and I sold most of our belongings before we moved from Baton Rouge. We did this, not knowing exactly where we would be going. As we emptied ourselves of weight we no longer wanted to carry, we considered our previous living situations: we didn't want to live in an apartment anymore, we wanted a house. We also wanted to be near downtown because we like walking to places. We had few belongings, so we could manage in a very small place. This was the harvest of previous experiences.

Before I continue, it should be noted that the symbols of the skeleton and the scythe suggest a painful experience. This is simply a hard fact of this archetype. I suggest learning to love the pain the way a body-builder loves being sore from a good workout.

The body parts consist of heads, hands and feet. This suggests that the harvest focuses on memories and actions: one must reflect upon one's deeds and experiences before choosing the new direction.

Finally there is the rainbow. Whereas the body parts on the ground suggest lives past and the skeleton suggests the emptiness of the present, the rainbow suggests the fullness and beauty of the future. We all know that a rainbow typically follows a storm (a storm, btw, is another macrocosm of the Transformation of the Body).

Yet the rainbow represents more than just rebirth to me, as it should to any student of the Law of One. The rainbow suggests movement through densities and sub-densities. More specifically, the rainbow itself is quantized: we do not see a smooth change from one color to the next, but a distinct shift from red to orange to yellow, etc. The Transformation of the Body (and all Transformations), is an experienced of a distinct shift, the crossing of a threshold, a quantum leap. This is what makes the Transformation so transformative.
there is change, and there is a resistance to change.

Death just signals the change in cycles, the turning of the seasons.

perhaps the Homeostasis card is resistant?

and that is why humans resist change so much? (a tumble into the unknown?)
I would say that it is the separation between Homeostasis and Wisdom which makes humans so resistant to change: the veil as reflected into the body. Often we learn how to operate and move within a certain context, a certain set of surroundings. We come to know a group of people well, we come to know exactly what motivates them, what pleases and angers them. We come to know the smallest facets of the buildings we inhabit. We also come to know our own body and how to operate it gracefully. But as soon as we master this form of wisdom, as soon as we are fully capable of moving within a particular physical context, it changes. And when the change is transformative -- as in the case of Archetype 13 -- when it ushers in a brand new season, a brand new era, a person who is attached to a particular set of habits (out of fear of the unknown) will cling to those habits, will cling to that old context, the old group of people and the old buildings. This would not occur if there were not separation between the Matrix of the Body and the Potentiator of the Body. It is this separation which forces us to take so much time to learn the wisdom which allows us to move within our current physical experience.
I can honestly say that the Transformation of the Body has been experienced by myself in a literal way since the start of 2013.

actually, the process began towards the middle of December last year, when I felt compelled to undergo a fast. It lasted for only a mere 3 days (although I did not know that going into it), but it was like a registering at a deep level of self that the Body as a tool was going to be remoulded.

after this fast, I returned to normal eating, or so I thought.

another change was triggered around New Years, although there was no seeming conscious intent there. I decided to give vege another go. So I dropped meat, and haven't looked back since.

I am in no way claiming this this change is a sign of 'spiritual advancement' or 'spiritual progress'; far from it; I not do understand, fundamentally, why and for what continuing reason this physical change was undertaken.

but it was a Death; and this body feels renewed and quite different. Not better per se; but a different vehicle for my living experience.