Bring4th

Full Version: 1986.11.02 - Sharing of Self
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I loved what Qu'o had to say to Carla in this session:

"Question number one on my mind. In writing the book on channeling, I’ve found more and more that I do have a fairly singular view of the nature of channeling and its context, and things that I really didn’t know that I thought, in such an organized fashion. I’ve just been going along in my biases, I guess, and not really analyzing it. I find that I perceive channeling as a kind of ministry, like any other metaphysical or religious attempt to minister to people. Not in the sense of orthodox or unorthodox religion, but just in a sense of offering the best guidance that we can give and being responsible about and living according to metaphysical rules that produce some control over the phenomenon of channeling.

It has begun to concern me that by offering this view of channeling to people who are thinking about channeling or who are channeling, I would help a few but put off a great many more because of my perceptions of the basic nature of channeling. People are often put off by the thought of having to live a spiritual life according to metaphysical principles, and, you know, too much seriousness and discipline and so forth. Does my point of view have the best help I can give to the audience I want to offer this material to in it, or should I seek further for another expression of these principles?

I am Q’uo, and, my sister, in this regard, we may respond to your query by suggesting that that which is within you is that which you have to offer to others. Be not concerned that your own opinions will be given too much weight and will affect others overly much, for each will take from what you have to offer that which is appropriate to that entity at that particular point in its own journey of evolution. You have with your own desire to be of service to others sought within the depths of your own being, and experience that which you feel is the best which you have to offer regarding the channeling service and the preparation for such service and the maintenance for such service. What more can [you] do, my sister? To give that which is the best of one’s being is to give all that one has. To attempt to fashion that which one has in a way which one feels might be more palatable, shall we say, to those who will share that offering, is to skew that which one has, and in that skewing, reduce the purity with which one shares one’s own beingness."

First, I think it is funny that Carla was worried about making it too hard on folks who want to channel...seems like a pure desire to serve is a natural requisite--I don't think someone living a life of self-centered pleasure seeking is going to attract a highly evolved teacher...

Second, I love that Qu'o tells her to just offer herself and let others take what they can. This relates to the thread Shin'Ar started about evolving consciousness, in my opinion.

HeartHeart
(04-13-2012, 03:27 PM)abstrktion Wrote: [ -> ]I don't think someone living a life of self-centered pleasure seeking is going to attract a highly evolved teacher...

Second, I love that Qu'o tells her to just offer herself and let others take what they can. This relates to the thread Shin'Ar started about evolving consciousness, in my opinion.

HeartHeart

For me, it's hard to know if I'm living a self-centered pleasure seeking life. I tend to do what I enjoy. I do my best to see the light in other people, and do what I can to serve. I don't feel though my level of service is on par with Carla, but I'm not trying to compare myself to others either. I can only hope that the teacher I attract is the one that's right for me. Behind the veil, I can't really even know if any of this Quo or Ra business is the real deal.
(04-13-2012, 06:07 PM)Gemini Wolf Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-13-2012, 03:27 PM)abstrktion Wrote: [ -> ]I don't think someone living a life of self-centered pleasure seeking is going to attract a highly evolved teacher...

HeartHeart

For me, it's hard to know if I'm living a self-centered pleasure seeking life. I tend to do what I enjoy. I do my best to see the light in other people, and do what I can to serve. I don't feel though my level of service is on par with Carla, but I'm not trying to compare myself to others either. I can only hope that the teacher I attract is the one that's right for me. Behind the veil, I can't really even know if any of this Quo or Ra business is the real deal.

I don't think many are on a level with Carla in terms of offering selfless service! BigSmile But you're right about not comparing--and look at the quotes again--it is about sharing who you are without fear of causing harm by offering your essential being.

I think my first comments have more to do with understanding that the reason Carla, Don, and Jim could bring through an entity like Ra was that they were tuned to the same service frequency as Ra--quite a feat for people living in the physical world! It is that vibratory frequency that is important--if offering yourself as a channel, you will only be able to bring through those whose vibrations match your own in some way. That's a different kind of thing from the teachers and guides that work with you constantly. But this is just my view, please reject it if it doesn't match your truth.HeartHeart

I agree with what you're saying. Good to know there's a difference in the guides that work with us all the time. I sometimes connect to my guide in a channeling manner, but it's nothing too ritualistic. I just like sometimes to hear what they're saying.

Makes sense that their vibrations would need to match our own on some level. I think that's a good sign as I feel like I'm not really doing that bad, all things considered.
(04-14-2012, 12:16 AM)Gemini Wolf Wrote: [ -> ]...I just like sometimes to hear what they're saying...

How do you experience this? Is it like listening to your own thoughts or do you literally know that what you hear is not your own inner voice?
For me, the "big" guidance comes as a whoosh that I then have to put in words as best I can; it is a flash of understanding and I feel peace and strength.

When I hear words, I check to see if what I'm hearing is too, well, flattering or too much in line with what I want versus my own inner knowing and everything I've read about the way of Love, of Unity, etc.

Our personal guides and teachers help us with our daily lives; I think we get inspiration every day, all day long from them. However, the Ascended Masters that come through to particular channels are more concerned with humanity as a whole and in aiding our evolution--I don't think they are as ubiquitous as might be determined from looking at the internet...but I don't know. I think everyone receives relevation appropriate to them. I saw a channeling by Metatron that really spoke to me, but reaching Metatron's vibration...? On the other hand, I've two experiences where I got the impression of Metatron in the vision-like thing I had.

In the first instance, my father was dying and I was pondering the way that karma works. Was he suffering just so that I'd learn better how to serve? I think I might have sort of fallen asleep and a blinding white light and a realization came to me that everyone who needs a particular experience is drawn together in a complementary way--I needed service, he needed a certain experience of illness and death, my brothers needed the aspect they were given, etc.

In the second instance, I was scoring essays in Louisville and all of a sudden I saw in my mind's eye, a large blue figure of a sort of minotaur-like being, a bull's head on a human body...wearing a trenchcoat and boots like a pirate (ok...stop laughing...) and I felt the impression that I should send energy and love to a person in the next room over because he was having a hard time. There was an association with Metatron in my mind, but maybe that's just because that was the only name in my mind, if I come at this intellectually, that just doesn't seem like something the archangel of Kether would bother with!

Anyways, I think for channeling rather than for bursts of inspiration, it would take a bit of vibration raising to get to where one could "hear" what the masters are saying because they are so distant, vibrationally speaking, from the dense physical plane. That's why when we do get some work that is clearly channeled, and cross-checks with other works, and includes no flattery to the human ego, it is so valuable.

These kinds of works will tell us things that are hard to hear sometimes because they clearly relate where we have to be spiritually in order to reach to the Masters. They don't tell us we must do this, but that if we do want to reach them, we have to vibrate at their frequency. These works also typically refuse to infringe on free will--they don't try to convince us that they are "right".

That's actually why I started the thread on favorite reading material--I'd love to find more like the Ra Material. BigSmile

(04-14-2012, 12:22 PM)abstrktion Wrote: [ -> ]For me, the "big" guidance comes as a whoosh that I then have to put in words as best I can; it is a flash of understanding and I feel peace and strength...

Same here. Smile
(04-13-2012, 03:27 PM)abstrktion Wrote: [ -> ]I loved what Qu'o had to say to Carla in this session:

"Question number one on my mind. In writing the book on channeling, I’ve found more and more that I do have a fairly singular view of the nature of channeling and its context, and things that I really didn’t know that I thought, in such an organized fashion. I’ve just been going along in my biases, I guess, and not really analyzing it. I find that I perceive channeling as a kind of ministry, like any other metaphysical or religious attempt to minister to people. Not in the sense of orthodox or unorthodox religion, but just in a sense of offering the best guidance that we can give and being responsible about and living according to metaphysical rules that produce some control over the phenomenon of channeling.

It has begun to concern me that by offering this view of channeling to people who are thinking about channeling or who are channeling, I would help a few but put off a great many more because of my perceptions of the basic nature of channeling. People are often put off by the thought of having to live a spiritual life according to metaphysical principles, and, you know, too much seriousness and discipline and so forth. Does my point of view have the best help I can give to the audience I want to offer this material to in it, or should I seek further for another expression of these principles?

I am Q’uo, and, my sister, in this regard, we may respond to your query by suggesting that that which is within you is that which you have to offer to others. Be not concerned that your own opinions will be given too much weight and will affect others overly much, for each will take from what you have to offer that which is appropriate to that entity at that particular point in its own journey of evolution. You have with your own desire to be of service to others sought within the depths of your own being, and experience that which you feel is the best which you have to offer regarding the channeling service and the preparation for such service and the maintenance for such service. What more can [you] do, my sister? To give that which is the best of one’s being is to give all that one has. To attempt to fashion that which one has in a way which one feels might be more palatable, shall we say, to those who will share that offering, is to skew that which one has, and in that skewing, reduce the purity with which one shares one’s own beingness."

First, I think it is funny that Carla was worried about making it too hard on folks who want to channel...seems like a pure desire to serve is a natural requisite--I don't think someone living a life of self-centered pleasure seeking is going to attract a highly evolved teacher...

HeartHeart

Thank you for posting this section, Abstriktion. It is such good advice for us all, and something I needed to be reminded of.

Love and light!
(04-14-2012, 08:58 AM)Valtor Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-14-2012, 12:16 AM)Gemini Wolf Wrote: [ -> ]...I just like sometimes to hear what they're saying...

How do you experience this? Is it like listening to your own thoughts or do you literally know that what you hear is not your own inner voice?

The voice tends to sound different than my normal thought. But it's hard to tell the difference. I usually know it's from a higher source because the content tends to surprise me and isn't something I could have thought up myself. Though it's not always like that. Many times it tells me stuff I already know.