Bring4th

Full Version: Shipwrecked
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have come to realise that 'things' are not quite as important as I once thought.
The following questions came to mind:

If you were shipwrecked and could take a small 'survival pack' containing 3 items for such a case with you, which particular things would you decide to include?
Remember of course that you must be able to carry these things with you.

Now a more difficult question.
If there was one single person that you must choose to be on 'the island' with, which person would that be?

Look forward to your comments.

My daughter - the most interesting person I know. We could tell each other stories...course, I wouldn't want her to be "doomed" to the island with me!
A musical instrument - guitar, penny whistle, or flute...probably the penny whistle would hold up the best though.
I suppose I'd have to be practical and have a large swiss army knife.
A toothbrush. BigSmile

I'd have my husband with me. And I think I'd take my box of veggie seeds, a swiss army knive and a fold up shovel.

Shin'Ar

My wife, two paper bags, a pair of scissors and a bottle of mouthwash.

Unbound

Aha I am curious what your plan is with those things, besides the mouth-wash, that seems obvious.

For me...

I'd certainly take some kind of blade, either a large knife or a machete, don't need a sword I don't think. Also, I'd take a flint-kit, that with a metal blade and I'm good for warmth. Lastly I'd probably take some kind of wrap or clothing, like a poncho or a cloak.

As for the person, that's a tough call. I would probably like to have my girlfriend with me, but if survival is really tough either my shaman buddy Shylo or my other very green friend Cody.

Shin'Ar

well I figure that after a week of those conditions my wife is not going to want to look at my sorry face any longer and I will need the scissors to cut the eye holes.

The other paper bag will be for me to pull over my head at night so I can sleep because obviously one cant close paper bag eyes.

The mouthwash will be for the wife, in that SHE will be the one using it.

I might have my mom with me because she provides the greatest catalyst. But I wouldn't want to subject her to being shipwrecked.

Gear would probably be a knife, a flint, and something that purifies seawater.
Ok, seems to be all the answers for now.
My choice (to answer my own question) would be my wife to be with me. Where I am clueless she is brilliant. The perfect match.
I would take my sattellite phone/modem, my laptop (solar panels) and a fishing kit (hooks, line etc.)
My wife would take a very large and high quality knife along with 10kg gold and 5kg hash( just for some levity in case of other shipwreckers).
She is pretty smart too.

Shin'Ar

(04-16-2012, 07:47 AM)Ashim Wrote: [ -> ]Ok, seems to be all the answers for now.
My choice (to answer my own question) would be my wife to be with me. Where I am clueless she is brilliant. The perfect match.
I would take my sattellite phone/modem, my laptop (solar panels) and a fishing kit (hooks, line etc.)
My wife would take a very large and high quality knife along with 10kg gold and 5kg hash( just for some levity in case of other shipwreckers).
She is pretty smart too.

If my wife was stranded on an island with me, and I whipped out a cell phone and a laptop, there would instantly be only one person stranded on that island, with a very big and bloody club in her hand.
(04-16-2012, 08:44 AM)ShinAr Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-16-2012, 07:47 AM)Ashim Wrote: [ -> ]Ok, seems to be all the answers for now.
She is pretty smart too.

If my wife was stranded on an island with me, and I whipped out a cell phone and a laptop, there would instantly be only one person stranded on that island, with a very big and bloody club in her hand.
Don't plan any cruises in the mean time my friend.Tongue

Shin'Ar

(04-16-2012, 08:48 AM)Ashim Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-16-2012, 08:44 AM)ShinAr Wrote: [ -> ]
She is pretty smart too.

Don't plan any cruises in the mean time my friend.Tongue

Good advice Ashim. And if forced into that scenario, I will make sure to keep my cell on vibrate and my laptop hidden in the tall grass.
Quote:If you were shipwrecked and could take a small 'survival pack' containing 3 items for such a case with you, which particular things would you decide to include?

I'll play the game.

I'd take... hmm... let' see... well... can't really think of anything. I'll be fine by myself, I guess. I'll just figure out the rest once there. The Creator will aid the Creator. I am fine with nothing. I'm sure I'll find plenty of resources on this island.

Plus, I do not intend to "survive," I intend to just live, making the most out of it (and quite possibly—if all goes nicely—reaching my timely death in the process).

PS: It would be a wonderful environment to live as a hermit in contemplative meditation, and quite possibly reaching out to (and be reached in by) other non-3D entities. I mean, if one can naturally enjoy this in the middle of a metropolitan city, all the more in a secluded island in the middle of nowhere.

PS 2: If there is an island there must be a beach. And no, I wont be looking for other ships in the horizon. I was thinking about the ocean itself and what lives in it.

Quote:Now a more difficult question.
If there was one single person that you must choose to be on 'the island' with, which person would that be?

I would just say me. Because I don't think anyone else I am currently acquainted with on this planet would be willing enough to "sacrifice" their modern life "comfort" to get stranded in an island with absolutely "nothing"—and I wouldn't like to force them to do so.

However, if this one single person was willing, then, at this particular moment in time. I'd choose her: a certain someone I've met recently.

Shin'Ar

(04-16-2012, 11:42 AM)Siren Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:If you were shipwrecked and could take a small 'survival pack' containing 3 items for such a case with you, which particular things would you decide to include?

I'll play the game.

I'd take... Hmmm... Let' see... Well... Nope. Can't really think of anything. I'll be fine by myself I guess. I'll just figure out the rest once there. The Creator will aid the Creator. Not too brag, but I'm fine with nothing. I'm sure I'll find plenty of resources on this island.

Plus, I do not intend to "survive," I intend to just live, making the most out of it (and quite possibly—if all goes nicely—reaching my timely death in the process).

PS: It would be a wonderful environment to live as a hermit in contemplative meditation, and quite possibly reaching out to (and be reached in by) other non-3D entities. I mean, if one can naturally enjoy this in the middle of a metropolitan city, all the more in a secluded island in the middle of nowhere.

PS 2: If there is an island there must be a beach. And no, I wont be looking for other ships in the horizon. I was thinking about the ocean itself and what lives in it ^~

Quote:Now a more difficult question.

I would just say me. Because I don't think anyone else I am currently acquainted with on this planet would be willing enough to "sacrifice" their modern life "comfort" to get stranded in an island with absolutely "nothing"—and I wouldn't like to force them to do so.

However, if this one single person was willing, then I already know my answer. I'd choose Her.

Does your statement mean that you really don't care if you share your existence with another human, and if you must, than you choose gender over all other possible options?

What exactly does gender have to do with your choice?
Jigsaw comes to mind Lets play a game Tongue

A knife preferably withe sawing ability, flint and warm clothes.

As company huh, that's quite tough. To generalize, someone who seeks to understand life,
preferably of the opposite sex.

(04-16-2012, 12:00 PM)ShinAr Wrote: [ -> ]Does your statement mean that you really don't care if you share your existence with another human, and if you must, than you choose gender over all other possible options?

No. I do care if I share. In fact, I yearn to share. But I seek something deeper than the more superficial relationships. That is why I rarely ever have social or "romantic" interactions. Plus, I am a solitary by nature.

What I meant by "her" was a very specific choice. She is someone I know as if she was a part of me already.

Quote:What exactly does gender have to do with your choice?

I am slightly biased towards the female physical complex in this incarnation.

Shin'Ar

(04-16-2012, 02:47 PM)Siren Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-16-2012, 12:00 PM)ShinAr Wrote: [ -> ]Does your statement mean that you really don't care if you share your existence with another human, and if you must, than you choose gender over all other possible options?

No. I do care if I share. In fact, I yearn to share. But I seek something deeper than the more superficial relationships. That is why I rarely ever have social or "romantic" interactions.
Plus, I am a solitary by nature.

What I meant by "Her" was a very specific choice. She is someone I know as if she was a part of me, someone whom I Love infinitely. You could say she is my princess/inamorata/consort/twin-flame of sorts.

Quote:What exactly does gender have to do with your choice?

I am biased to the female physical complex.

I thought that you must be referring to 'someone' in particular.
My survival pack would include my iPod, laptop and Morning Glory seeds. The latter so that I could plant them around the island, harvest the seeds, and have a never-ending supply of entheogens given that I'll be spending most of my time either in deep meditation or meandering around the island. If I'm going to be confined to this scenario I might as well spend my days in a higher state of consciousness and try to hone whatever latent psychic ability I can and become something akin to Prospero from The Tempest. When I can start manifesting coconut trees at will and controlling the waves after munching a few seeds then I'll know my solitary confinement was well worth it.

As for who I'd have to accompany me, my girlfriend/twin flame without a doubt. As Ashim described his wife, where I am clueless she is brilliant and she essentially completes and balances me. My chances of survival and retaining of sanity while she's there would shoot up a good 50% or so.
Quote:When I can start manifesting coconut trees at will and controlling the waves after munching a few seeds then I'll know my solitary confinement was well worth it.

Haha that made me smile.

Now I am interested about reading The Tempest.. that's a good thing! BigSmile

Quote:As for who I'd have to accompany me, my girlfriend/twin flame without a doubt. As Ashim described his wife, where I am clueless she is brilliant and she essentially completes and balances me. My chances of survival and retaining of sanity while she's there would shoot up a good 50% or so.

That is very touching, your happiness sparks meine .)

You know. I sometimes size people up along those questions.. If I got stranded in a survival situation. Would I want that person to be with me? Would he or she be a benefit or a curse?

I suppose "Any random person with a boat" is not a proper answer is it? Tongue

Otherwise my girlfriend. With all her knowledge about how the prehistoric people lived and survived I'm pretty sure she knows how to get the basics working. I'll do the heavy lifting, and she can be the brains of the operation Wink I already know I can stand to be locked up with her for weeks at a time... so that's a bonus.

I'd personally go for survival. If only to have something to keep myself busy with...

Quote:I'd personally go for survival. If only to have something to keep myself busy with...

I was thinking more along the lines of becoming un-shipwrecked as soon as possible. Interesting that many of you are game for a survival exercise. I would try to get back home at least for tea time.

Any random person with a boat...ha ha! Ali you are a cunning fox my friend. You would get on well with my wife, ha ha.
Almost missed that one.

Shin'Ar

(04-17-2012, 05:01 AM)Ashim Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:I'd personally go for survival. If only to have something to keep myself busy with...

I was thinking more along the lines of becoming un-shipwrecked as soon as possible. Interesting that many of you are game for a survival exercise. I would try to get back home at least for tea time.

Strange how we so readily accept our fate!
(04-16-2012, 11:38 PM)ShinAr Wrote: [ -> ]I thought that you must be referring to 'someone' in particular.

I was.

I'd bring my fella Jesus. We'd just sit drinking wine and enjoy ourselves. When bored we'd just walk home. No problems.

Shin'Ar

(04-17-2012, 08:16 AM)Wander Wrote: [ -> ]I'd bring my fella Jesus. We'd just sit drinking wine and enjoy ourselves. When bored we'd just walk home. No problems.

I'm not sure if your dog-paddling behind him would be considered walking home but.....and its strange to hear that you would think you would at some point get bored with Jesus. Must be the wine talking!
(04-17-2012, 09:08 AM)ShinAr Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not sure if your dog-paddling behind him would be considered walking home but.....and its strange to hear that you would think you would at some point get bored with Jesus. Must be the wine talking!
I like that mental image Smile

However Petrus also walked on the water just because Jesus told him he could Wink
(04-17-2012, 08:16 AM)Wander Wrote: [ -> ]I'd bring my fella Jesus. We'd just sit drinking wine and enjoy ourselves. When bored we'd just walk home. No problems.
Awesome, now that's thinking outside the box BigSmile
(04-14-2012, 11:53 AM)Ashim Wrote: [ -> ]I have come to realise that 'things' are not quite as important as I once thought.

If you were shipwrecked and could take a small 'survival pack' containing 3 items for such a case with you, which particular things would you decide to include?

cigarettes, alcohol and drugs. (just kidding!)

A knife, selection of rope/string and gloves,
and of course my one and only Beloved

Shin'Ar

(04-19-2012, 12:41 PM)Lulu Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-14-2012, 11:53 AM)Ashim Wrote: [ -> ]I have come to realise that 'things' are not quite as important as I once thought.

your mirror?
(04-19-2012, 01:53 PM)ShinAr Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-19-2012, 12:41 PM)Lulu Wrote: [ -> ]

your mirror?

hah, certainly, how else could there be a self. I prefer the non-smokey mirrors of course.

and of course since I already like the idea of drastic earth changes and the "end of the world" in which to live simply --this all sounds quite appealing! If necessary I can take the pressure off food-survival by Sun-Gazing or Breatharian techniques which should be easy in a peaceful environment and time.

But god (ashim), would it be too much to request a fresh waterfall and some plant and animal life of which to explore, rather then the lonely coconut-palm and beach scene?

Does the ship wreck happen because of earth changes? If so then perhaps with fewer people on earth, we would naturally HAVE less dense bodies and not require the shelter. I would like to maintain just enough of a body to have sex though, --just getting that request in now.

I now realize that it seems first and second density beings are plants/animals/solids. Maybe 4D isn't so bad after all. I was under the impression it was with 1st/2nd Dimensional beings, apparently I'm not educated in the differences of densities and dimensions...?
Lulu
Pages: 1 2