Bring4th

Full Version: Little Lives
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Unbound

A ladybug has been visiting me for the past couple months, a very distinct one with two slightly different coloured back shells, and one spot on each, perfectly balanced.

The first time it came, it seemed to have been caught on a thermal wind, as we live on the 7th floor, and it happened to fly right in to my chest. We saw eachother, and I saw its markings, and I knew we were to be acquaintances, I knew we were meant to meet.

Lo and behold, it returned, weeks later, however this time it landed directly on my hand which I had been holding out in speech. I always appreciate this one's well executed form, it certainly seemed symbolic.

The third time I found it crawling on the balcony, just hanging out, and so I put my hand down and it came over and climbed on. I watch it crawl around and it seemed to be motioning to me, communicating with me, making these weird gestures with its legs. Then, it crawled up to the tips of my fingers, spread its wings, paused for just a moment, perhaps knowing I have always been curious about how a ladybug looks with its wings spread, and then took off.

Now, today, was perhaps our final meeting, I do not know. It is snowing profusely outside, and I looked out and saw it on our balcony, the same place as last time. It wasn't moving, I had thought that it was dead. I went outside carefully picked it up and put it in my hand and stood back inside and examined it deeply. Then, it suddenly was twitching, and it began to move, it was alive! Its legs uncurled from under itself and it started to slowly walk around. It must have been freezing, it was all jittery, couldn't walk properly or move its legs right, and couldn't even stick to my hand properly. I also began to realize that it could no longer fly, and as it seemed to warm up more it began to come in to agony and started to scramble around and freak out.

I felt so helpless, I didn't know what to do, I had no food for it, no way to take care of a single ladybug in our concrete apartment. I suddenly felt so connected to that ladybug, and yes despite my immense size, brain, and energy, I was completely helpless to "save" the ladybug. I realized that when it was outside, it had gone in to a sleep-like trance because of the cold, and was slowly passing towards its next step of evolution of consciousness. I feel it came here to me in its last moments so I may assist with its passing, and it had one final lesson to offer to me.

I realized it was my own desire and my own pleasures that drove me to pick up the ladybug, to want to "save" it, to keep it as an object in my memory. Yet, that is selfish, why should I be one to question the time that a ladybug has to exist? Its life is exactly as it needs to be for the development of its consciousness. It was well when I was its friend, there was no harm, but as soon as I tried to "save" it, it was in agony, it was tortured, like a soul that had tasted its freedom and then was suddenly dragged back.

I realized that I was meant to honour the ladybug and its mighty journey, not intercept it. As I have thought about it, I realized that this right here, is the essence of "right action", of being conscious of karmic relationships. It is the same as with people, if you are always trying to save them, you might just be causing them a lot of pain and confusion. It is good to be there when they need you, and as a sturdy friend, but one should not give precedence to "the desire/need to be of service/a savior", over the needs of the individual who is seeking assistance, and certainly not when no assistance is seeked.

Love is a very simple thing, Be as you are, allow others to Be as they are. Yes, sometimes Love is tough, and sometimes those who oppose Love and do NOT allow others to be as they are will encounter those "BEings" whose acts of being involves the protection of those who are not being allowed to Be.

And for your amusement, because it is relevant:

[Image: 000ab5ep]

I admit, I can't tell you how crushed I was to realize that the ladybug would likely die, I felt such grief, but as I felt it, it slowly dawned in to a new realization.
What a beautiful story TheEternal - it touched my heart. Thank you for sharing it today!
I realized first hand that ladybugs can bite.
Ladybugs hibernate in the winter. I think that was why it was curled up.

I know exactly what you are saying about interrupting another self's path. I struggle with that issue a lot. Right now there is a javelina who comes by with a very injured leg. I'm afraid it is necrotic and will fall off. It must be in so much pain. But I just give him apples, and let him live out his life. It's hard. Sad

For what it it's worth, I have a book called "Animal Speak," with the shamanic and totem meanings of insects, birds, reptiles and mammals, based on Native American tradition. It says that if an animal (in this case insect) shows up 3 times, it has definite meaning. It does not have ladybug specifically, but a ladybug is a beetle. Beetles represent metamorphosis and resurrection.

Unbound

You know, I was actually wondering that the first time I had it on my hand, and then I thought, "It has no reason to bite me", and so it didn't. Smile
@Diana:

Yeah I also considered that it might simply be hibernating, all the same, I hope it does whatever it needs to do! I definitely know what you mean, it's amazing how much I feel compassionate towards such little lives, but they are so big at the same time.

That's really cool, actually! That makes a lot of sense, because that's totally exactly what I'm going through right now, and in particular connected to my feminine energy so maybe that's why it was a "ladybug"!

Brittany

You have such a beautiful and wise heart, Et. Thank you. Smile
I loved that story Eternal... Thank you for sharing...

And that picture....
I hear you man...

Meerie

Last summer, while I was sitting outside, for a smoke, a lady bug came and sat on my finger, and would not leave.
Apparently it liked the smell of nicotine on my finger, since it would continue to sniff and even chew a bit on it.
When I went back inside, it was still sitting there, despite my efforts to direct it to a bush or a flower!!
my colleague then suggested it might be a prince, and if I kissed it it might transform.
Lol
what can I say... I kissed it, gently, but it would not transform, and it still kept lounging on my finger.
Finally I opened the window and said "now, fly little ladybird, I gotta get back to work" and it left.
I always felt a close connection to them, they are called "Marienkäfer" in german, and my name is Maria.
Smile

Shin'Ar

I especially like Ladybugs for their ferocious and voracious carnivorous appetite for aphids.

Not quite as gentle and loving as how you are making them appear, but, whatever works and to each his own.
I can fall in love with a rock, statue, tree, bug, animal, picture, story,trait and etc...

It is endless.

And i think it speaks more of me and what i feel then the object of my attention.

Unbound

Aha! I'm not sure if many insects are self aware enough to make a conscious choice to serve the Creator and refrain from their lower habits, so I feel I can perhaps forgive them.

Shin'Ar

(04-16-2012, 12:53 AM)TheEternal Wrote: [ -> ]Aha! I'm not sure if many insects are self aware enough to make a conscious choice to serve the Creator and refrain from their lower habits, so I feel I can perhaps forgive them.

He says while chewing on yet another piece of KFC.
(04-15-2012, 11:37 PM)ShinAr Wrote: [ -> ]I especially like Ladybugs for their ferocious and voracious carnivorous appetite for aphids.

Not quite as gentle and loving as how you are making them appear, but, whatever works and to each his own.

Of course, if they didn't do that those pacifist aphids would kill every plant on the planet...

You could call them Little gardners. For taking care of the plants so well.. Heart

Shin'Ar

(04-16-2012, 11:59 AM)Ali Quadir Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-15-2012, 11:37 PM)ShinAr Wrote: [ -> ]I especially like Ladybugs for their ferocious and voracious carnivorous appetite for aphids.

Of course, if they didn't do that those pacifist aphids would kill every plant on the planet...

You could call them Little gardners. For taking care of the plants so well.. Heart

I don't think the rosebud would agree that they were pacifists.

Unbound

So I am curious, Shin'Ar, what kind of creatures do you prefer? Ones that do not eat, evidently.
Much enjoyed the story Eternal and your acceptance and acknowledge of the ladybug as another unique aspect of the Creator with your directed love towards it is admirable. Smile You remind me of two recent stand-out encounters I had with insects that gave rise to some insight when viewed through the lens of the Law of One.

The first happened a several days ago. I was just sitting here at my computer when I started to hear rustling in the kitchen. Curious, I went over to check and the closer I got, the more it sounded like buzzing. Right as I stepped into the doorway I saw what was causing this sound: a fat little bumblebee had somehow gotten inside my house! For a few moments I considered getting some Raid or anything, but that thought quickly faded for 2 reasons: for one, ever since becoming illumined it has become impossible for me to kill insects as I view them now as tiny Creator aspects in bug bodies. The second, is because after observing it for a while I discovered what it was preoccupying itself with...

It had an intense fascination with the bright lightbulb right above my fridge. It kept flying around it, then at random intervals it would start bodyslamming itself into the lightbulb. But that's not all. After a few times of ramming its head into it, the bee actually kept ATTACHING itself to the lightbulb, and pressing its entire body/head and back onto the lightbulb, resulting in a loud 'sizzle', a bit of smoke, and the bee bouncing off and laying motionless for a while. After not getting up for 10 minutes I assumed it was dead, and went back to the computer, until I saw out of the corner of my eye it was right back up and back into the groove of lightbulb tackling. Yep, this went on for about... an entire hour, and it pressed itself to the lightbulb about 10-15 times. The final time it did this, it fell somewhere behind my fridge and I assumed that was it for it.

The insight that arose was that the bee held this subconscious, deep-seeded desire to seek the light, because perhaps it remembers the light it once in. In its intense seeking of the light, it drove itself headfirst into the light so that it may once again be one with it, but due to its lack of understanding/physical limitations it kept being denied time and time again, for in this lifetime it could not be one with the light fully. In its seeking of the absolute light its temporary form had to be annihilated so that it may continue in its progression. In seeking the light, it had to put out the spark of life it held so it may properly follow the design of the process. It was simply the Creator seeking the light it stemmed from.

I actually found the bee a few days later, very disoriented, crawling around the floor of my kitchen, except its wings were not there anymore. I'm assuming it seared them completely with its little hijinks. IT SURVIIIIIVED! Until... it sort of got crushed by my mother's sandal in a smacking frenzy and off into the garbage it went. x_o;

The second bug encounter was 2 nights ago. I decided on a whim, to finish the last bit of my DMT stash I hadn't touched in months and mixed it into a cannabis joint. I felt the usual sense of anxiety and slight fear which always arises before voyaging as DMT is no recreational casual fun-time thing one can just abuse and not expect to have their ass severely kicked by. It is serious business in every sense of the term. As I finished rolling and headed outside I turned to the wall by the entrance to my kitchen and saw a huge centipede just chilling there. I was close to killing it but quickly realized something. Doing so would mean that I'd be completely ignoring all I've learned, and I'd be robbing an aspect of Creator of its life experience simply for my own perceived sense of security. It would be extreme hypocrisy if I had done such a thing, had murdered, then decided turn around and smoke DMT (which I view as divine communion). So I'm figuring that the conveniently manifested centipede served the purpose of testing me before I would be allowed to undergo the experience as well as a reminder that it is pretty illogical to feel any anxiety or fear before heading into any entheogenic experience given that my true essence is already infinite and eternal, as was represented by the multiple-legged centipede. Besides, there's no reason to kill it seeing as it was there the entire time, hiding somewhere, not bothering me or my family in the slightest, so why should I bother it simply because I've become aware of it? I could've chosen to kill it, or leave it be on its way. And sure enough, when I came back inside from my smoke, it was nowhere to be found, and I avoided the experience of possible karmic backlash from the Creator through punishing my consciousness via DMT if I'd done so.

So Eternal, know that you did not care for and desire to save a mere ladybug. It was the Creator whom you displayed affection towards. Smile

Unbound

Excellent stories, that is exactly what I was trying to express. It was the Consciousness of the Ladybug, that I knew was in fact one day to become a great Being of Light, was simply going on its journey.
Precisely! And as higher beings than they whom seek the Light, we should be obliged to offer whatever assistance and impart any degree of love to them as we can, for though we may be at different stages of progression, the only reason we are even in the process of progressing is because we were the same being at the start of the process, and we shall once again become the same being at the end, but for the actual journey itself, we must undergo it as fragmented, many, and differently formed, but regardless of form we are still that same Light.

Unbound

Exactly! As a supposedly "higher dimensional being", I can assist the consciousness of a creature by recognizing and honouring the Light within it, offering Love to that Light which I know is there. The form it embodies is a geometric expression of the Totality of the Creator, and looking beyond that I see the simple pattern of Creation, Transmutation, and "Trans-placement" as I'd like to call Destruction.
(04-16-2012, 12:06 PM)ShinAr Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-16-2012, 11:59 AM)Ali Quadir Wrote: [ -> ]Of course, if they didn't do that those pacifist aphids would kill every plant on the planet...
I don't think the rosebud would agree that they were pacifists.
I expect the ants would disagree with the rosebud. Tongue

After all... Those aphids are just a bunch of tame herbivores, like cows. They even produce a kind of milk that the ants are very fond of.
A geometric expression of the totality of the Creator, I much enjoy that description. Smile Interesting also that you'd substitute "destruction" with "trans-placement". Could you elaborate on your decision to use that term?

Unbound

We seek within.

Shin'Ar

I love listening to these two discuss the higher aspects of existence.

One further thought would be in wondering if the Higher beings beyond us think of us the way we think of insects.

I guess we can consider ourselves extremely fortunate that there are those who would rather direct us than squash us impulsively the way I do a mosquito when it chews on my arm.

Unbound

Aha Yes, I'm not a fan of being squashed. Smile I suppose sometimes it just happens that way though!
So very true Eternal. One could even see creation as trans- placement as it involves rearranging/reorganizing of potential unmolded energy into a materialized manifestation, turning the formless into form, and with the destruction the formed becomes formless once more until it is formed into something oncey more.

Shin'Ar: Whenever a mosquito bites me now I allow it to drain my blood. In doing so I know I am being of service to this aspect of Creator as a lower being by sharing my energy with it as it desires. Of course, I like to finish off its little blood feast with a nice finger flick dessert. Tongue

Unbound

This is more or less my thought!

I haven't been around mosquitoes in awhile, thankfully aha

Shin'Ar

(04-16-2012, 11:02 PM)godwide_void Wrote: [ -> ]So very true Eternal. One could even see creation as trans- placement as it involves rearranging/reorganizing of potential unmolded energy into a materialized manifestation, turning the formless into form, and with the destruction the formed becomes formless once more until it is formed into something oncey more.

Shin'Ar: Whenever a mosquito bites me now I allow it to drain my blood. In doing so I know I am being of service to this aspect of Creator as a lower being by sharing my energy with it as it desires. Of course, I like to finish off its little blood feast with a nice finger flick dessert. Tongue

You have a lot more will power than I do GWV, lol.

Of course I suppose that we can all just be extremely glad, for your sake anyway, that a mosquito is not the size of a dog.

Unbound

That's some Jumanji s***, right there.

Unbound

Lo and behold, the Ladybug lives! A little dirty, but I found it crawling on my slipper while I was sitting outside. Smile