Bring4th

Full Version: Sunday School Crucifix
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Shin'Ar

One day my wife came to me and told me that she was going to send my six year old son to Sunday school.

Now she was not a religious woman. She never went to church and she was not even catholic.

But some friends of hers had their kids in Sunday school and she wanted to keep up with the Jones'.

I was brought up catholic, and by the age of eleven I was wearing the robes of the altar boy. I went to Sunday school, and I knew that the teachers were just other kids in the neighborhood that were a few years older. Most of the teachings were usually more wrapped up in feeding the poor in some famine stricken part of the world than anything else.

I also have very clear memories of nuns telling me stories about the devil.
Well, I had stopped going to church around the age of 15, and I was not going to have someone that knew nothing of the system I was familiar with sending my sons to some local teenager to learn about creation and God. We had a dispute which basically ended in my declaring that I would learn as much as I could about the catholic church and than we would be able to make an informed decision.

Shortly after that my father passed away and that added another dimension to the process of wanting to know more about these teachings of the church with regard to God. I proceeded to ask our parish priest some very intricate questions about heaven and hell insisting on real answers rather then distraction. Not having any success with that priest I went on to a few others discovering that they all had this problem of not being able to really answer my questions.

I picked up a Bible and started reading for myself!

What I discovered there has been the last 30 years of my life.
What began as a person dying on a cross that I was led to believe was God, ended up being a person who dies on a cross that I now know was God.

The difference between then and now is that what I thought was God, and what is God, are two different things altogether. But, what is the same is the symbol on which God was being presented to us.
The Tree of Life.

I studied that Bible inside out and debated within both catholic and protestant schools for many years trying to figure out why everyone was at a loss to answer the most basic questions when it was supposed to be right there under their noses in simple writing. I became able to debate with the most highly skilled scholars on apologetics and theology to the degree that none could win an argument with me. I always had another dilemma or paradox that they simply couldn't answer to.

The corruption and perversion became very obvious and I left it all far behind in search of real truth.

And now some thirty years and two wives later, having been passionately immersed in seeking for truth within a world of opinion and commentary, what I have discovered is that the crucifix is still standing prominently in the forefront. But instead of a dying human hanging in its branches, I have found the real reason the crucifix has been the symbol behind all of these religions for so long. The Ancients have known it for millennium. But the secular world and the elite powers have been so focused on perverting truth, that the true meanings of the Ancient teachings have been hidden in secrecy and codes for their own protection.

So, I hear many intellectual thinkers speaking things about the "I Am", " We are One", and "we are all the Creator".

I know what I have discovered and pieced together. What I would ask you all, is what exactly do you understand when you say these things? What exactly do you think of when you think of the Creator?

Are you just keeping up with the Jones'? Are you simply trying to make the Ra material fit into your own truth? Are you still seeking for truth or has your interest in truth ended here with your discovery of the Law of One?

What exactly do you know about the crucifix? Have you ever thought that if Jesus had suffered the same method of death that most other Jews had in that time, we would all be wearing around our necks the symbol of a man impaled on a pig stick. Or a headless corpse strapped to a guillotine.
Will we wear these symbols in ignorance? Or will we try to discern the true meaning behind them?

There is aspects of truth in Christianity, Islam, Buddhism, Hinduism, Taoism, and many, many other cultures, just as there is in the Law of One. But are we going to discern the truth from these sources, or are we going to follow in the footsteps of my first wife and act on a whim, and wear the cross of ignorance?

Never settle on what might look like a satisfactory truth, because far too often the fact that it is satisfying is the very reason you should be questioning it. The crucifix is not what it appears to most, and yet the real truth behind it could be worn by anyone from any culture and still continue to hold true meaning.

How a pagan can be saying this to you with absolute certainty and confidence should give you reason to seriously consider what I am trying to get you to think about.

These things which I have discovered on the path of gnosis are clearly documented in my website at www.sacredeye.homestead.com and I offer it to all who desire to ask the questions that many do not have answers to. It is my life's work and I offer it freely out of love for the All. I know that many have sought after these same things and have found confusion galore. It is my hope that the way in which I have been able to present it will help to alleviate the confusion.

Unbound

We seek within.
Reminds me of something Bill Hicks said http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17lNs9EFOYI

About Fleur-de-lis, I recently encountered it in a video game called Saints Row: The Third. Here is some concept art of the game: http://theparanoidgamer.com/wp-content/u.../WIAfg.jpg

You start as the leader of a gang called the Saints whose flag color is purple and main symbol is the fleur-de-lis. Is it something about purple lately or is it just something that has stuck on my mind for no reason? I like the color because it contains both red and blue, the classic opposing colors of modern time.
Shin'Ar, I thank you for this post, and I wish you the best luck with keeping up the journey that never stops at ONE single truth, but continues to look at it from yet another, yet another, yet another new perspective.

I am trying to walk the same path. I love settling on to a material for a while - Law of One was considered to my main source of inspiration for several months straight after knowing it, now I consider Bashar to be such material. But as time passes by, I find myself going out to a journey where I seek more and more materials - because I love getting to know one more slant on the never-changing truth that All is One.

My new destination is Arcturians, Kryon channelings, etc, and of course, Adam (wink-wink...no, seriously. The idea of information being born right now excites me very, very deeply!), - but I will never leave behind Law of One (and not plan on stopping listening to Bashar either) anytime soon - especially now when I am trying to work with the Archetypes.

Shin'Ar

(04-16-2012, 04:10 AM)TheEternal Wrote: [ -> ]Well said, my brother, I enjoyed reading that!

To answer your question from my own perspective, I understand the cross to be a symbolic and intelligent representative of that basic crossing between spirit and matter. The middle pillar of the cross also expresses the balance of the Middle Path, with the left and right hands both tempered by the wisdom begot by the pain of the paths, but also in that way the breadth, the CHOICE of the paths.

In that way, the point where the crosses to me also signifies the Human Soul, which stands at the top of our body, and extends up to the Source. The equal arm cross, of course, is more akin to the elements, and of course both may be encircled bringing in the element of the unified nature. There are lots of other kinds of crosses too... one of my favorites being the Ankh, or Crux Ansata, as well as the Maltese Cross. The Fleur-De-Lis, which in a way is a stylized bee which represented the french royalty, is also a cross representation, although more signifying the active mind and spirit within the body.

Etc, etc, Smile Blessings, shanti.

The very fact that the Tree of Life has been represented in so many ways and yet still retains its original truth reveals the way that man both affects and perceives this world from so many angles.
(04-16-2012, 05:57 AM)Wander Wrote: [ -> ]Reminds me of something Bill Hicks said http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17lNs9EFOYI

About Fleur-de-lis, I recently encountered it in a video game called Saints Row: The Third. Here is some concept art of the game: http://theparanoidgamer.com/wp-content/u.../WIAfg.jpg

You start as the leader of a gang called the Saints whose flag color is purple and main symbol is the fleur-de-lis. Is it something about purple lately or is it just something that has stuck on my mind for no reason? I like the color because it contains both red and blue, the classic opposing colors of modern time.

Ya got to admit he's got a point.
(04-16-2012, 07:56 AM)Oldern Wrote: [ -> ]Shin'Ar, I thank you for this post, and I wish you the best luck with keeping up the journey that never stops at ONE single truth, but continues to look at it from yet another, yet another, yet another new perspective.

I am trying to walk the same path. I love settling on to a material for a while - Law of One was considered to my main source of inspiration for several months straight after knowing it, now I consider Bashar to be such material. But as time passes by, I find myself going out to a journey where I seek more and more materials - because I love getting to know one more slant on the never-changing truth that All is One.

My new destination is Arcturians, Kryon channelings, etc, and of course, Adam (wink-wink...no, seriously. The idea of information being born right now excites me very, very deeply!), - but I will never leave behind Law of One (and not plan on stopping listening to Bashar either) anytime soon - especially now when I am trying to work with the Archetypes.

I have found that, for me anyway, absorbing vast amounts of data without doing a disc fragment once in a while is useless. All that information is no good to a person if all they do is put it on the library shelf and never put it into actual perspective.

I get to points on this path where I have gathered too much and I need to take a break from collecting and actually discern what I have gathered and see where and how it fits into the things I have already managed.

Just like keeping the pieces of a puzzle that fit together, and casting off the ones that do not, and watching the picture unfold.

Truth is like a large landscape painting that has been cut up into a thousand pieces and tossed into a box with a thousand pieces from other paintings. The original picture has a tiny white kitten sitting on a rock at the foot of a hill in the center of the picture. And in the box of mixed pieces there are many different animals that seem to almost fit into that place. Many attempting to piece the puzzle together by collecting the pieces and casually observing them say that in the center is a dog. Many others say there is a cow in the center of the painting. And yet they have never actually tried to see if the pieces fits into that place because they are still searching for other pieces.

The fact is that the truth remains that there is only one piece that fits there that will reveal the true painting.

The reality is that, in our experience of it, the painting is more in our consideration than actually finished on our table top.

Oh, do not get me wrong, I am not just absorbing random material. My mind was designed to think, to dissect, to analyze, to overanalyze - that is what I was always doing in my whole life, with everything.

Also, I do not think there is but One Truth.
One Truths do not work in this existence, by definition. Concepts that lead to there are varied, and the endpoint is a unified pure flow of Nothingness and Love - but you cannot really say that one or another way is the only true way. We can agree that all teachings are or might be distorted in some ways in this density, but the One experiencing itself in an Infinite ways only make sense if those ways are infinitely different, not just "different a bit, THEN all walk on that same road" Wink

Shin'Ar

(04-16-2012, 12:45 PM)Oldern Wrote: [ -> ]Oh, do not get me wrong, I am not just absorbing random material. My mind was designed to think, to dissect, to analyze, to overanalyze - that is what I was always doing in my whole life, with everything.

Also, I do not think there is but One Truth.
One Truths do not work in this existence, by definition. Concepts that lead to there are varied, and the endpoint is a unified pure flow of Nothingness and Love - but you cannot really say that one or another way is the only true way. We can agree that all teachings are or might be distorted in some ways in this density, but the One experiencing itself in an Infinite ways only make sense if those ways are infinitely different, not just "different a bit, THEN all walk on that same road" Wink

I am aware that we have different ideas of what truth is.

We can agree on that.

I think of truth more like events that have actually taken place. Whereas you seem to think of truth as memory of personal experience and subjective.

However subjective, what you might believe is truth will not alter whatever that actual truth was now that it has occurred.
Btw Shin'Ar, I am currently looking into your website and I find the information very, how do you say it, rich, clear and well argued for. Even though I've barely started Smile

Thank you my brother.
(04-16-2012, 01:18 PM)ShinAr Wrote: [ -> ]I think of truth more like events that have actually taken place.

Ah, but in which reality? And which timeline?

Unbound

I would make a notation here that as of this point in time, there is indeed a linear "past" from which this moment stems, and it is this "actual process which gives rise to this momemt" which I feel he is expressing at the truth. It is only through the future that we may choose, as time is like a hydra.

As for other realities and other time-lines, the "truth" of their events only exists in their time-line. In this time-line, they are but a conception.
I can totally relate to your story Shin'Ar, I was 14 when I left the church. One of the last things I did was pray to Jesus that he would guide me to a true understanding. I did not have issue with the idea of a God.. I have felt his presence all my life. But the church I was part of was a bunch of hypocrites who were as you say mostly keeping up with the Jones'. Every question I asked received unsatisfactory answers, or worse a threat of hellfire or the suggestion that the asking boy should just shut up as if his questions were not real..

So I left with that final prayer... And from then on I have received experience upon experience. That led me from religion to religion through the esoteric and occult.

At a certain point I just realized I finally understood what Christianity was about. The teachings of Jesus all started to click into place and make sense.

I call myself a Sufi because I've seen God in all religions that I tried on. And found wisdom in all teachings. Ironically I also had to leave Christianity to finally learn to love it. I very much like that you've found your faith and that it is such a strong aspect of your life.

To me real is not things that actually happened. I have no way of knowing if Jesus actually happened. But I do know for a fact that his influence on people who open their hearts to him is real and positive and good. I also note that Mickey Mouse had a greater influence on this world than most presidents. The real and the imagined are not separate. In fact the imagined often has more power over this world than the real...

If we're all slaves, but imagine ourselves to be free... Then at some point we will be free and no longer slaves... If we're all free, but imagine ourselves to be slaves to an imagined master then at some point we are no longer free men.

When we see the imagined no longer as some virtual space that has no consequence, but learn to see it as the ancients saw it, as many of the more "primitive" religions/tribes see it today. As the dream time... Then many chains that hold humanity down will be broken.

Shin'Ar

(04-16-2012, 01:37 PM)Wander Wrote: [ -> ]By the way Shin'Ar, I am currently looking into your website and I find the information very, how do you say it, rich, clear and well argued for. Even though I've barely started Smile

Thank you my brother.

Thanks for the acknowledgement Wanderer.
(04-16-2012, 04:54 PM)Ali Quadir Wrote: [ -> ]I can totally relate to your story Shin'Ar, I was 14 when I left the church. One of the last things I did was pray to Jesus that he would guide me to a true understanding. I did not have issue with the idea of a God.. I have felt his presence all my life. But the church I was part of was a bunch of hypocrites who were as you say mostly keeping up with the Jones'. Every question I asked received unsatisfactory answers, or worse a threat of hellfire or the suggestion that the asking boy should just shut up as if his questions were not real..

So I left with that final prayer... And from then on I have received experience upon experience. That led me from religion to religion through the esoteric and occult.

At a certain point I just realized I finally understood what Christianity was about. The teachings of Jesus all started to click into place and make sense.

I call myself a Sufi because I've seen God in all religions that I tried on. And found wisdom in all teachings. Ironically I also had to leave Christianity to finally learn to love it. I very much like that you've found your faith and that it is such a strong aspect of your life.

To me real is not things that actually happened. I have no way of knowing if Jesus actually happened. But I do know for a fact that his influence on people who open their hearts to him is real and positive and good. I also note that Mickey Mouse had a greater influence on this world than most presidents. The real and the imagined are not separate. In fact the imagined often has more power over this world than the real...

If we're all slaves, but imagine ourselves to be free... Then at some point we will be free and no longer slaves... If we're all free, but imagine ourselves to be slaves to an imagined master then at some point we are no longer free men.

When we see the imagined no longer as some virtual space that has no consequence, but learn to see it as the ancients saw it, as many of the more "primitive" religions/tribes see it today. As the dream time... Then many chains that hold humanity down will be broken.

Ali, I had no idea that you were a Sufi.

Are you at all familiar with the Yezidi?
(04-16-2012, 02:38 PM)Bring4th_Monica Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-16-2012, 01:18 PM)ShinAr Wrote: [ -> ]I think of truth more like events that have actually taken place.

Hi Monica,

as Azrael has noted, possible alternate realities and timelines or whatever one wants to call them, really doesn't change the fact that in any of them there must be events that have taken place that become past and cannot be cancelled out by other possibilities.

Isn't there some kind of a physics term for that? Like the reason the scifi shows always use to never alter the past when they go back in time?

(04-16-2012, 10:54 PM)ShinAr Wrote: [ -> ]Are you at all familiar with the Yezidi?
No I wasn't... I've just read about them on wikipedia though Smile They seem an interesting bunch mixing a variety of religions. However, from the text, they also seem very inwardly turned. Which is sad and understandable considering that most outsiders are not very positive towards them.

Why did you mention them?

Unbound

(04-16-2012, 10:54 PM)ShinAr Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-16-2012, 01:37 PM)Wander Wrote: [ -> ]By the way Shin'Ar, I am currently looking into your website and I find the information very, how do you say it, rich, clear and well argued for. Even though I've barely started Smile

Thank you my brother.

Thanks for the acknowledgement Wanderer.
(04-16-2012, 04:54 PM)Ali Quadir Wrote: [ -> ]I can totally relate to your story Shin'Ar, I was 14 when I left the church. One of the last things I did was pray to Jesus that he would guide me to a true understanding. I did not have issue with the idea of a God.. I have felt his presence all my life. But the church I was part of was a bunch of hypocrites who were as you say mostly keeping up with the Jones'. Every question I asked received unsatisfactory answers, or worse a threat of hellfire or the suggestion that the asking boy should just shut up as if his questions were not real..

Ali, I had no idea that you were a Sufi.

Are you at all familiar with the Yezidi?
(04-16-2012, 02:38 PM)Bring4th_Monica Wrote: [ -> ]

Hi Monica,

as Azrael has noted, possible alternate realities and timelines or whatever one wants to call them, really doesn't change the fact that in any of them there must be events that have taken place that become past and cannot be cancelled out by other possibilities.

Isn't there some kind of a physics term for that? Like the reason the scifi shows always use to never alter the past when they go back in time?

Aha I have actually been heavily in the throes of the research of this exact thing you are speaking. It would be a "causal paradox", however, there's no way to guarantee that the "past" you are going to is actually the past of your current present.
(04-17-2012, 04:19 AM)TheEternal Wrote: [ -> ]Aha I have actually been heavily in the throes of the research of this exact thing you are speaking. It would be a "causal paradox", however, there's no way to guarantee that the "past" you are going to is actually the past of your current present.

Biting my lip to stay on topic... Tongue That's a subject for a very interesting forum topic... If you were to jump to the past, and then kill one of your ancestors... What would really happen?
(04-17-2012, 07:09 AM)Ali Quadir Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-17-2012, 04:19 AM)TheEternal Wrote: [ -> ]Aha I have actually been heavily in the throes of the research of this exact thing you are speaking. It would be a "causal paradox", however, there's no way to guarantee that the "past" you are going to is actually the past of your current present.

Biting my lip to stay on topic... Tongue That's a subject for a very interesting forum topic... If you were to jump to the past, and then kill one of your ancestors... What would really happen?

What really would happen is that you would still exist, all that was born is that one alternate reality would not contain the option of you being born.

Shin'Ar

The thing is that once something has happened it becomes the truth of that particular timeline of events and cannot be made as though untrue.
(04-17-2012, 04:06 AM)Ali Quadir Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-16-2012, 10:54 PM)ShinAr Wrote: [ -> ]Are you at all familiar with the Yezidi?
No I wasn't... I've just read about them on wikipedia though Smile They seem an interesting bunch mixing a variety of religions. However, from the text, they also seem very inwardly turned. Which is sad and understandable considering that most outsiders are not very positive towards them.

Why did you mention them?

This would definitely go off topic but just quickly, I mention them because I have interest in the ancient religions and theirs is a very ancient one.

It is believed that much of what the Sufi began as originated from the roots of theirs.

They are only introverted because of their persecution by the Muslims and Christians who believe them to be satan worshipers.
(04-17-2012, 08:00 AM)ShinAr Wrote: [ -> ]It is believed that much of what the Sufi began as originated from the roots of theirs.
I am not sure by whom that is believed. Sufism as far as I know is considered the esoteric teachings of mohammed transferred orally from those who can understand it to those who can understand it. It certainly did not originate separate from islam only to be incorporated into it later on.

Maybe Mohammed learned some or all of the information through an even older mystical traditions. Like Jesus is suggested to have been instructed by the essenes..

As far as I know most sufi's can name their lineage from teacher to teacher directly back to Muhammed.

By the nature of the religion a lot of information has been added later on. Zen was a big influence on my 'branch'.

Quote:They are only introverted because of their persecution by the Muslims and Christians who believe them to be satan worshipers.
Yes I understood that. Something to do considering the stereotypical fallen angel as worthy of respect.

Shin'Ar

(04-17-2012, 09:35 AM)Ali Quadir Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-17-2012, 08:00 AM)ShinAr Wrote: [ -> ]It is believed that much of what the Sufi began as originated from the roots of theirs.
I am not sure by whom that is believed. Sufism as far as I know is considered the esoteric teachings of mohammed transferred orally from those who can understand it to those who can understand it. It certainly did not originate separate from islam only to be incorporated into it later on.

Maybe Mohammed learned some or all of the information through an even older mystical traditions. Like Jesus is suggested to have been instructed by the essenes..

As far as I know most sufi's can name their lineage from teacher to teacher directly back to Muhammed.

By the nature of the religion a lot of information has been added later on. Zen was a big influence on my 'branch'.

Quote:They are only introverted because of their persecution by the Muslims and Christians who believe them to be satan worshipers.
Yes I understood that. Something to do considering the stereotypical fallen angel as worthy of respect.

yes, you are speaking of modern version of Sufism. As you said many of the Masters like Jesus and Mohammed gained their enlightenment from Higher Powers/Fields/Consciousness and as always many of those teachings become somewhat changed from their origins.

Sufism is said to be the a part of the Ancient Teachings that date far back into unrecorded history and passed on through, as you noted, a long process of gnosis and evolving consciousness. It is said by many who study the ancient ways that Sufism is what the Templars learned in their travels east and became so protective about.
(04-16-2012, 10:54 PM)ShinAr Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Monica,

I think the scifi shows are wrong. They limit themselves to linear time.

New theories in physics, such as M Theory, postulate that there are multiple pasts, presents, and futures. This is also supported by the work of Nassim Haramein, who has solved the hitherto unsolvable equations, including the big bang, and shows mathematically that each of us is the event horizon.

(04-17-2012, 07:12 AM)Oldern Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-17-2012, 07:09 AM)Ali Quadir Wrote: [ -> ]Biting my lip to stay on topic... Tongue That's a subject for a very interesting forum topic... If you were to jump to the past, and then kill one of your ancestors... What would really happen?

What really would happen is that you would still exist, all that was born is that one alternate reality would not contain the option of you being born.
Precisely Smile The whole idea that time is linear is so past century Wink

Shin'Ar

Come now, really? the Big Bang has been solved and proven? Time theory has finally been solved?
(04-17-2012, 09:40 PM)ShinAr Wrote: [ -> ]Come now, really? the Big Bang has been solved and proven? Time theory has finally been solved?

Yup. The mainstream doesn't accept it yet, of course, probably because Nassim is largely self-taught.

This is long but well worth watching!

Nassim Haramein explains his theories