Bring4th

Full Version: Cancer the Crab
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Does anyone know why this astrological sign is called cancer? is it connected to the disease? I've read that tumors attach themselves to cells by things that spread out like a crab does its legs, but Dodgy

this seems mean to all those born during its influence. what's the real story?

3DMonkey

Two separate names with two separate derivatives.
Right. But the name has been around for a long time. What's its original meaning? What is it derived from?
In astrology, it's named after the constellation which looks like a crab. In medicine, it was named after a condition which looked like a crab. Crab in greek is carcinus, in latin is cancer.
oh yeah, i forgot constellations actually look like things BigSmile thanks lol
(04-21-2012, 08:57 PM)zenmaster Wrote: [ -> ]In astrology, it's named after the constellation which looks like a crab. In medicine, it was named after a condition which looked like a crab. Crab in greek is carcinus, in latin is cancer.

How about the STD "crabs".BigSmile
Do those look like crabs?

3DMonkey

(04-21-2012, 10:22 PM)Pickle Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-21-2012, 08:57 PM)zenmaster Wrote: [ -> ]In astrology, it's named after the constellation which looks like a crab. In medicine, it was named after a condition which looked like a crab. Crab in greek is carcinus, in latin is cancer.

How about the STD "crabs".BigSmile
Do those look like crabs?

Stretch
Does the constellation really look like a crab? ... Really? ... I'm just saying
Does any constellation really look like anything? I'm just saying... Orion has a dong.