Bring4th

Full Version: Pole shift and it's effects.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

ayadew

Today at my class in geology we spoke of earth's magnetism and how the field it generates traps electrons and protons from the atmosphere - the Van Allen radiation belt.

[Image: 28_16A_Van_Allen_belts.jpg]

This belt is vital to our current setting of biological order.
Sadly, a polar shift will mess up the magnetic field and thus remove the Van Allen belts (+ the magnetic field) for a while until another is formed by certain mechanics in the atmosphere and the workings of the core of the planet.

Note that noone has the slightest idea how polar shifts happen or how they are initiated. It's one of the great mysteries of the earth, and one our race have never experienced before as homo sapiens.

The extreme radiation from the sun and the solar wind will disintegrate / prevent many types of molecular bonds but allow for others to form (quoting my teacher as my knowledge of chemistry is limited).
This radiation from the sun will then kill / disintegrate small, cellular lifeforms which are utterly dependent on every molecular bond they form to make themselves.
The radiation could also, possibly, change DNA in cells which are thin molecular structures, hampering or speeding up evolution. [2012? Smile]

There are no known records of this as argument for this theory though, the fossils from the last pole shift are simply too old for our technology to find any meaningful results. Fossils disintegrate and leave only shallow forms in stones. Only if we, somehow, found a biological creature trapped in vacuum and then another of the exact same species from after a known polar shift we'd have any 'proof' of it. The chances for this is unlikely!
I have never heard of any vacuum pockets of stone in the earth, and I don't think any biological creature here flew out of the atmosphere!

There's many theories about what would happen at a polar shift. Because it will happen and has happened many times in the past. The last was 1.7 million years or 700'000 years ago (can't remember) and it's very due time to another if one compares to other polar shifts' time periods (the earth's field is recorded by crystallizing magnetic stone, magnetite).
So it can happen any time now.

An unshielded earth, and the projection of energy from the center of the galaxy [2012/12/21] going through the sun (powering up / changing) aimed at the earth would have interesting consequences.
Or in metaphysical poetry: The love of the galaxy powered by the life giver of the solar system going unshielded through our bodies ... human bodies evolving to light, perhaps? Blush