Bring4th

Full Version: electric shock sensation during meditation
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi all!

about a year ago i began meditating with hemi-sync CD's (monroe products, specifically). during one meditation, at night, i was deeply relaxed - unaware of my physical body when suddenly i felt what can only be described as a bolt of energy/electricity entering the very top of my head.

physically, i felt the energy flow through my entire body which gave me the sensation of vibrating. and although my eyes were shut at the time and it was pitch black outside without external interferance, i was able to see through my eyelids and see my entire bedroom through a series of strobe-like bursts of light eminating from... everywhere? in addition to this, i also heard static (as if a TV suddenly came on at full blast on a channel with no reception). the static seemed to be coming from inside my head, though - not externally.

this literally shocked (scared) me out of my meditation, and i have not experienced this since. i also have not seen or heard anything that sounds similar to my experience.

does anyone know if there a name for what happened? what the significance of this experience is? what actually happened to me physically?

thanks in advance for your insights!

xo
Unfortunately I have no answers, but I frequently experience something similar during meditation, particularly if I am asking to connect to my guidance system. I will basically feel exactly what you described, down to the "flashing" within my eyelids, but without the static sound (although I have heard static before).

One time I was using some channeled "glyphs" to meditate with, and I was entranced on a certain glyph for almost an hour before I went to sleep. That entire night I felt this electric jolt sensation as I drifted between sleep and waking consciousness.

I'm not really sure of the meaning, usefulness, or cause of all of this. I do know that the nature of our consciousness is electromagnetic, the nature of the chakras is electromagnetic, so I can only assume some sort of electromagnetic interaction going on.
It feels like this to me when the Merkaba activates around me. Maybe that's what happened in your case too.
(04-26-2012, 08:44 AM)Bring4th_Austin Wrote: [ -> ]Unfortunately I have no answers, but I frequently experience something similar during meditation, particularly if I am asking to connect to my guidance system. I will basically feel exactly what you described, down to the "flashing" within my eyelids, but without the static sound (although I have heard static before).

One time I was using some channeled "glyphs" to meditate with, and I was entranced on a certain glyph for almost an hour before I went to sleep. That entire night I felt this electric jolt sensation as I drifted between sleep and waking consciousness.

I'm not really sure of the meaning, usefulness, or cause of all of this. I do know that the nature of our consciousness is electromagnetic, the nature of the chakras is electromagnetic, so I can only assume some sort of electromagnetic interaction going on.

well, if it ever happens again i'll be more relaxed about it and see what happens. it was scary while it was happening, but afterwords i actually laughed about it (just the idea of being electrocuted not touching anything that was electrical).

it seems very obvious now that you mention chakras.

i suppose most people go through their awakening learning about all this stuff beforehand... me, on the other hand, i am finding i need to backtrack and fill in the details because i missed all this stuff thats supposed to lead up to it. Smile
(04-26-2012, 06:49 PM)missmarie Wrote: [ -> ]...i suppose most people go through their awakening learning about all this stuff beforehand...

Actually, I would say that it's the minority that goes through the process in this way (learning first and then experiencing). Your way is the most common one (experiencing first and then trying to figure it out).

Incidentally and IMHO I believe that each of us creates our own version of the Truth as we go along. We were never meant to be bogged down by dogma. Truth is subjective here in veiled 3d. Smile

Cyan

(04-26-2012, 08:35 AM)missmarie Wrote: [ -> ]hi all!

about a year ago i began meditating with hemi-sync CD's (monroe products, specifically). during one meditation, at night, i was deeply relaxed - unaware of my physical body when suddenly i felt what can only be described as a bolt of energy/electricity entering the very top of my head.

physically, i felt the energy flow through my entire body which gave me the sensation of vibrating. and although my eyes were shut at the time and it was pitch black outside without external interferance, i was able to see through my eyelids and see my entire bedroom through a series of strobe-like bursts of light eminating from... everywhere? in addition to this, i also heard static (as if a TV suddenly came on at full blast on a channel with no reception). the static seemed to be coming from inside my head, though - not externally.

this literally shocked (scared) me out of my meditation, and i have not experienced this since. i also have not seen or heard anything that sounds similar to my experience.

does anyone know if there a name for what happened? what the significance of this experience is? what actually happened to me physically?

xo

I had a similar experience before i had an experience which i would describe as breaching through to the intelligent infinity. For me it was first a sharp electrical like shock in my brain, followed by a second and similar in my heart, followed by a searing continuous electrical current running through both my heart and my brain (felt like i was being given that "CLEAR! *hits with eletric paddles*)

After i endured and said i wont move despite the pain, i was bolted out of my body into a realm beyond. In there i saw how this works and had a long explanation with a few floating orbs of light. Then got sent back and "felt" myself as a demonic possession returning to take over my body, which was interesting.

It was at the start of my "awakening" process. All in all, i would say it was a tremendously good thing.
(04-26-2012, 08:35 AM)missmarie Wrote: [ -> ]does anyone know if there a name for what happened? what the significance of this experience is? what actually happened to me physically?

I get the electric shocks ... but via crystal work.

apart from Paul Shockley, this is what Ra has to offer on 'shocks'

Quote:59.16 Questioner: Then the third spiral radiating from the top of the pyramid you say is used for energizing. Can you tell me what you mean by “energizing”?

Ra: I am Ra. The third spiral is extremely full of the positive effects of directed prana and that which is placed over such a shape will receive shocks energizing the electro-magnetic fields. This can be most stimulating in third-density applications of mental and bodily configurations. However, if allowed to be in place over-long such shocks may traumatize the entity.

this is most stimulating indeed.

kdsii

This is the crown chakra. It's in the Law of One somewhere...
This feeling has to do with the opening of the gateway to intelligent infinity. Smile

xo

(04-26-2012, 06:49 PM)missmarie Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-26-2012, 08:44 AM)Bring4th_Austin Wrote: [ -> ]Unfortunately I have no answers, but I frequently experience something similar during meditation, particularly if I am asking to connect to my guidance system. I will basically feel exactly what you described, down to the "flashing" within my eyelids, but without the static sound (although I have heard static before).

well, if it ever happens again i'll be more relaxed about it and see what happens. it was scary while it was happening, but afterwords i actually laughed about it (just the idea of being electrocuted not touching anything that was electrical).

it seems very obvious now that you mention chakras.

i suppose most people go through their awakening learning about all this stuff beforehand... me, on the other hand, i am finding i need to backtrack and fill in the details because i missed all this stuff thats supposed to lead up to it. Smile
Very common, especially during a vipassana 10 day course.

xo

Your post is old so I hope you found the answer you were looking for between now and then and have had more experiences with it. I came across this at random and felt the need to create an account to comment on this. everyone that has commented on this is correct but no one was able to answer your question as to what it was "called". They described it in the technical/deep sense but simply put you began to experience an OBE (out of body experience) or AP (astral projection). You (your conscience, spirit, being) breached the physical barrier just as many of the old masters did. Hope this helped someone out there so they could look more into it using modern terminology to one day reconnect with One.
~Namaste

xo
What you felt is typical for those you have the real ability to leave their body. I have read many claims from folks wanting to tell others how to meditate, how to leave one's body and you would be best to ignore 99% of these people.

Missmarie, one of the first signs of leaving the physical state is getting zapped by this electrical energy. This seems to occur to those like myself in the first real stages of actual spiritual meditation. Most people will never get to the stage you had felt, so know it or not you have made some real progress, getting shocked that is. In your next attempts you need to relax more so nothing you feel or hear will pull you out of the state your looking to achieve, this will take time, even for the small % who have 'abilities'.

There will come a time when you will no longer get shocked but will feel a nice electrical energy begin to pass through you. When you can stay calm during that stage let me know and perhaps I can guide you to the next level. I say this only because it's best if only those with real ability learn and not the "me to's" in this world who only seek attention or who think they are special.

5/22/2016
I use Insight CD's to meditate, because it sounds like rain and costs much less than Holosync and Hemisync.
Peregrinus once mentioned this phenomenon to me back when I was first starting meditations, he states that this phenomenon is actually a crystallization of a particular energy center (wherever you are feeling the particular tingling). For me it is a notifier that I am doing well!